planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am 

Tomorrow's race I hope Raikkonen or Verstappen give some fight to Hamilton who could potentially build a big enough gap to Vettel in order to win the WDC this year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 am 

Hoping for a Kimi win. Should be some good action with Vettel starting at the back too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:40 am 
Just placed my bet, Vettel to win 33/1. £15.

With a SC or two this can easily happen, the field spread is huge here. Vettel will have a car 2-3 seconds per lap quicker than everything until he reaches P6. It would not surprise me if he is in the top 8 by lap 5.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:01 am 

Race and season over - Guess I'll mow the lawn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:53 am 

Kimi can be a hero for Ferrari on Sunday, and I don't necessarily mean by winning the race ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:55 am 

MasterRacer wrote:
Kimi can be a hero for Ferrari on Sunday, and I don't necessarily mean by winning the race ;)

Thought you were gone for the season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:20 pm 

So far I've been impressed by Gasly. Posting a time faster than Sainz in Q1 was nice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 pm 

Lojik wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:29 pm 
MasterRacer wrote:

Careful what you wish for. I remember a similar post before Singapore race day from you and...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 pm 

lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Careful what you wish for. I remember a similar post before Singapore race day from you and...

Vettel has had some good starts in his time but that would be one hell of a launch :-P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:01 pm 

lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Kimi has the chance to level things up by punting Hamilton out here.

My concern is he'll be more seduced by the chance to win than go very aggressive against Hamilton.

The start will be crucial. If Hamilton gets through that, he surely won't be looking to defend too hard. But you can't go too soft looking to avoid trouble off the grid because trouble can come from anywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:09 pm 

lamo wrote:

With a SC or two this can easily happen, the field spread is huge here. Vettel will have a car 2-3 seconds per lap quicker than everything until he reaches P6. It would not surprise me if he is in the top 8 by lap 5.

Vettel can do no wrong!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:27 pm 

Herb Tarlik wrote:
lamo wrote:

Vettel can do no wrong!

Agreed. I wouldn't write Vettel off for the podium in any circumstance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:37 pm 
MasterRacer wrote:

My concern is he'll be more seduced by the chance to win than go very aggressive against Hamilton.

The start will be crucial. If Hamilton gets through that, he surely won't be looking to defend too hard. But you can't go too soft looking to avoid trouble off the grid because trouble can come from anywhere.

You are happy for team mates to crash out championship contenders, no complaints from you tomorrow if Bottas takes Vettel out?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:41 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

What a vile forum post. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:14 pm 

I think Ricciardo will take it as long as no-one takes him out. Race not qualifying pace and better tyre wear. If not then Max if he can stay out of trouble which is a big if.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:22 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
So far I've been impressed by Gasly. Posting a time faster than Sainz in Q1 was nice.

Very impressive, to be that close to Sainz the first time he drives the car speaks volumes of his speed. Redbull definitely knows how to breed those guys, except for Kvyatt I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:24 pm 

Lojik wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Did you honestly believe he could stay away?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:28 pm 

lamo wrote:

According to Paddy Power Vettel has a better chance of winning than Bottas!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:42 pm 

Hmmm, only managed to get 23/1 on Betfair :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:43 pm 

Kev627 wrote:
lamo wrote:

According to Paddy Power Vettel has a better chance of winning than Bottas!

I'd agree with that. With vettels pace just needs a safety car period at the right time and he'd be amongst the favs. Can't see bottas winning at all

Fully expect Hamilton to be cautious with start and engine modes to get big points, easy kimi win

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:45 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

I can only assume you are on some kind of deliberate windup? You must know that what you are hoping for is morally indefensible?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:01 pm 

Zazu wrote:
Kev627 wrote:
lamo wrote:

According toPaddy Power Vettel has a better chance of winning than Bottas!

I'd agree with that. With vettels pace just needs a safety car period at the right time and he'd be amongst the favs. Can't see bottas winning at all

Fully expect Hamilton to be cautious with start and engine modes to get big points, easy kimi win

I think lewis will still push to win. If the car has the pace he will go for it. Cautious and lewis dont mix.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:05 pm 

Zazu wrote:
Kev627 wrote:
lamo wrote:

According toPaddy Power Vettel has a better chance of winning than Bottas!

I think lewis will still push to win. If the car has the pace he will go for it. Cautious and lewis dont mix.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:19 pm 

Anyone know if Ferrari have a new engine ready /available for the race? If so, it all seems a little convenient. Not saying its not unfortunate, but rumours suggest they would need to take a 5th unit, Malaysia is the obvious circuit remaining to do that, and Ferrari can chalk it down to reliability rather than having to use an extra engine over the season to live with Merc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:32 pm 

agree with the comments that vettel can still get a very good finish. maybe the win is unlikely though. wet or dry he will be on a mission and has the pace for top 5. with sc and incidents for the top 4 who knows. thats the beauty of f1. hoping kimi will win but if wet he will fall behind ver and ric i think. dry he has a chance as i think ferrari race pace has been better. but hamilton on race day is difficult to beat if he stays infront on lap 1. looking forward to this one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:03 pm 

Tomorrow thundershowers are expected so it can be a lifeline for Vettel. Just like ow last race was Vettel's race to lose, this race is Hamilton's to lose. Being at the front, he surely could sail to an easy win & extend his lead in the WDC table.

Hope Verstappen or Raikkonen get a better start & get ahead of Hamilton for entertainment sake.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:04 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Hope Verstappen or Raikkonen get a better start & get ahead of Hamilton for entertainment sake.

I'm not convinced Hamilton would push particularly hard to get back in front if they do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:08 pm 

Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

I can only assume you are on some kind of deliberate windup? You must know that what you are hoping for is morally indefensible?

Is it? My memory tells me there have been hundreds of deliberate crashes in F1 down the years. Controversial yes, there's always huge drama after the event. But let's not deny it happens.

I don't deny Seb is in trouble and needs all the help he can get.

I do think Seb could win though if safety cars etc go his way. Those who are tipping him to win at big, big odds I think will have some fun tomorrow with their bets. Even if he doesn't win, you won't get many 20/1 shots that get this close.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:52 pm 
MasterRacer wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Is it? My memory tells me there have been hundreds of deliberate crashes in F1 down the years. Controversial yes, there's always huge drama after the event. But let's not deny it happens.

I do think Seb could win though if safety cars etc go his way. Those who are tipping him to win at big, big odds I think will have some fun tomorrow with their bets. Even if he doesn't win, you won't get many 20/1 shots that get this close.

Who denied it happened?

I assume you will have no complaints if Bottas wipes Vettel out tomorrow? Or are you views purely Vettel-centric.

Last edited by lamo on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:53 pm 

I thought Kimi has looked good all weekend and would have beat Vettel fair and square anyways. Though in race he has no chance to even compete with Vettel under normal circumstances due to Ferrari favoritism. He has struggled with tyres during races but hopefully tomorrow it suits him. Since Vettel is starting at back. This is probably his only chance to win a race this year. Hamilton did great today to get P1. They were struggling with grip but somehow they recovered today. It should be good race.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:57 pm 

lamo wrote:

Who denied it happened?

I assume you will have no complaints if Bottas wipes Vettel out tomorrow? Or are you views purely Vettel-centric.

Of course I'll complain. I would be outraged if Val did that, especially when it's unnecessary with Hamilton already having such a huge lead in the race for the championship.

If it happens to the pole sitter, I don't expect Hamilton fans to take it on the chin either though. I'll understand the anger. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:07 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
lamo wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Yes it is, doesn't belong on here, its cheating and dangerous, I get the impression you don't care if drivers, any drivers, get injured or even killed. Just because it happens on the track doesn't exempt you from the law. (Proving it is a different matter of course).
If its a joke I apologise beforehand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:31 pm 

Mercedes-Benz wrote:
I thought Kimi has looked good all weekend and would have beat Vettel fair and square anyways. Though in race he has no chance to even compete with Vettel under normal circumstances due to Ferrari favoritism. He has struggled with tyres during races but hopefully tomorrow it suits him. Since Vettel is starting at back. This is probably his only chance to win a race this year. Hamilton did great today to get P1. They were struggling with grip but somehow they recovered today. It should be good race.

The Ferrari is definitely faster and Kimi will never have a better chance to finally win a race again at Ferrari than he has here with Vettel starting at the back. Kimi should be thinking win all the way tomorrow and Ferrari should really be on their toes with strategy and perhaps try for an undercut if they cannot overtake on track.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
Yes it is, doesn't belong on here, its cheating and dangerous, I get the impression you don't care if drivers, any drivers, get injured or even killed. Just because it happens on the track doesn't exempt you from the law. (Proving it is a different matter of course).
If its a joke I apologise beforehand.

Cheating happens in all sports.

But I'd never want any driver to be killed, even Hamilton. I'd certainly not want Kimi to do anything that would risk another driver's life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:33 pm 

Mercedes-Benz wrote:

Kimi has looked good on Fridays and Saturdays many times in the past and has always, always found an excuse to underperform on Sunday. This weekend is no different.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:51 pm 

Hamilton will win easily. Raikkonen will disappoint tomorrow (as per usual), and Red Bull will disappoint (as per usual).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:15 pm 

Who thinks Vettel will finish ahead of Raikkonen?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:21 pm 

Kev627 wrote:
Who thinks Vettel will finish ahead of Raikkonen?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 pm 

KingVoid wrote:
Hamilton will win easily. Raikkonen will disappoint tomorrow (as per usual), and Red Bull will disappoint (as per usual).

I'm inclined to agree. I'm pleased Kimi has done so much better in qualifying this year but his race pace is generally pretty poor. I don't see him presenting any challenge.

I hope Red Bull do get their act together but I don't see them having the grunt to overtake the Mercs in the best overtaking place on the track. It's Hamilton's race to lose