planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

How many 1-2's will Hamilton & Vettel do?
0 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
3 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
4 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:53 pm 

With 6 races left, and with the prospect of Vettel starting from the back tomorrow, how many more 1-2's will Hamilton/Vettel, Vettel/Hamilton have between now and the end of the season? The best races this season Australia, China, Bahrain, Spain, and Belgium have been when these two have been duking it out at the front without teammate interference and Red Bulls getting in between them. It's extremely rare to have drivers of their caliber having closely matched cars and natural ability fighting for the championship. I think the last time I saw something like this was in 1998 between Hakkinen and Schumacher. I'm hoping that the next 6 grand prix's have the two main title contenders fighting at the front, and it's unfortunate that we haven't seen more of it this season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:07 pm 
It seems like Malaysia may have been a 1-2 if Vettel didn't have his issue. Although Hamilton could easily drop behind Kimi tomorrow or maybe even the Red Bulls if it is wet or too hot.

We currently have 5 out of 14 but the form is that they have only been 1-2 once in the last 8 races. I would guess 2 or 3 times. All 5 of those 1-2's could have gone either way too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:06 pm 

None at all. Mercede is the 3rd best car so Hamilton will do well to break into the top 4 in the next races

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm 

Mercedes brings some poor updates and with limited running in the FP sessions aren't able to sort out the issues in time for qualifying. Now all of a sudden it's the 3rd best car despite Hamilton getting the pole ahead of the 2nd driver of "the best car" and both of the very fast drivers of "the second best car."

Give. Me. A. Friggen. Break.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:12 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Mercedes brings some poor updates and with limited running in the FP sessions aren't able to sort out the issues in time for qualifying. Now all of a sudden it's the 3rd best car despite Hamilton getting the pole ahead of the 2nd driver of "the best car" and both of the very fast drivers of "the second best car."

Give. Me. A. Friggen. Break.

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:13 pm 

bonecrasher wrote:
None at all. Mercede is the 3rd best car so Hamilton will do well to break into the top 4 in the next races

It is only 3rd best on some circuits though, seems to depend on speed, track temperature, grip who knows! To say they will be 3rd best for the remainder of the season just doesn't seem sensible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm 

bonecrasher wrote:

Malaysia has been a poor track for Mercedes before and I'd be pretty shocked if Ferrari and Red Bull are ahead at the remaining races. In fact I'd be surprised if that happened again at all.

I'm going with 3 or 4. Bottas and Kimi are performing so poorly that even if one car has an advantage over the other Hamilton/Vettel will overcome it to finish second.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:50 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
bonecrasher wrote:

Malaysia has been a poor track for Mercedes before and I'd be pretty shocked if Ferrari and Red Bull are ahead at the remaining races. In fact I'd be surprised if that happened again at all.

I'm going with 3 or 4. Bottas and Kimi are performing so poorly that even if one car has an advantage over the other Hamilton/Vettel will overcome it to finish second.

I think it's more that Hamilton and Vettel are performing to a very high level.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
bonecrasher wrote:

It's not a binary thing though. Kimi and Bottas can be underperforming without taking away from the high level that Hamilton and Vettel are performing at. It's just that if the #2's were getting the results they should the gap to their team mates would be smaller and afford the Red Bulls fewer opportunities to get on the podium.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:01 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
bonecrasher wrote:

No doubt they are, Bottas/Kimi should still be closer though.