planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 pm 

Herb Tarlik wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
OP - In the title, change Japan to Austin.

Done. The expected disaster for Vettel never happened (5 grid position penalty), and I’m not sure what can happen in the US but I’m sure Ferrari will find some way to throw away another race.

The expected disaster didn't happen, but would anyone bet against something going wrong for Seb at this point? :lol: x(

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #3)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:42 am 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ferrari - incredible!
Marchionne will be furious and some heads will roll.

Now it is 2:2 between Vettel and Ferrari in the discipline of throwing away winnable races this season.

If Marchionne does make heads roll he'll be a daft man. This season's Ferrari has had the biggest step up of any team from 2016 and has Mercedes scared. They've got a very fast but unreliable car. Mercedes have been clueless about their tyre issues since 2013. It is far more likely that Ferrari will make their package reliable than for Mercedes to crack their tyre wear issues.

The team will be hurting enough for the problems that have happened, they've not been unreliable becsuse they've been complacent, it's because they were daring. If they hadn't have been, it would have been another season in Mercedes's shadow. The Ferrari team should be commended for their 2017 performance. Cutting edge racing cars are unpredictable beasts, and I think Ferrari are presently the team in the best position to lead next season.

But if Marchionne wants to fulfil his bloodlust, then fine. Give 2018 to Mercedes and Red Bull

I agree with you. But Marchionne already put threats out after Sepang. So, it is likely that some heads will roll - now or at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 am 

KingVoid wrote:
I wonder if Ferrari can appeal a gearbox penalty to the FIA on the grounds that it was Stroll's fault.

I don't think it's ever happened before, but it is worth a try. They have the evidence on worldwide television.

Just like your name. This argument is now fully void, warranty isn't allowed to be used and please send the package back to the owner in Italy. You can also add a message of condolence to Ferrari who like to over play the victim card far too often.

Signed
That's a touch of 'thanks for purposely ramming another driver from your own stupid mistake of accelerating in to the back of another'. While claiming victim and refusing to talk about "that" incident. I do feel for Sebastian because personality I really like him but this season has summed up the good and the bad. It shows he is quick to place blame but when it's his team mate T boning his car (from Vettels point of view) - the reaction is very different.

The F1 fan in me hates this situation but also disgusts at a driver purposely hitting another. I want these two fighting at the front, fighting each other and going to the wire but this entire season so far really has shown the good, the bad and even the ugly from Vettel/Ferrari.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:17 am 

just reading on bbc what Hamilton was saying after his win , about its all about points and looking after the car , and that's something that vettel never says and maybe that's something he should think about , if you wreck your car and it needs a rebuild , there is a bigger chance of issues with its rebuild , lewis is older than seb and I think the last few races have shown that maturity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:34 pm 

slide wrote:
just reading on bbc what Hamilton was saying after his win , about its all about points and looking after the car , and that's something that vettel never says and maybe that's something he should think about , if you wreck your car and it needs a rebuild , there is a bigger chance of issues with its rebuild , lewis is older than seb and I think the last few races have shown that maturity

I would prefer he gets 1 more win, he needs to win if he can win and if he runs out front he won't have another driver affecting his race, he also needs to realise he still needs podiums.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:41 am 

Austin has always been a strong race for Lewis. My gut tells me he will win the next round and then just do what needs to be done in Mexico to secure the championship. I have Vettel winning in Mexico.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
Well, its either fine or it needs repairs lol

If its just the casing that is broken, then yes, it can be repaired. If its something further, Ferrari will be taking one hell of a risk with it. 5 places is a drop in the ocean compared to a gearbox related DNF.

Haven't done all the math yet but risk management says, CHANGE THE GEARBOX. A DNF would be the end of Seb's title hopes. If they know the gearbox is dodgy and they know seb can make up places why take the risk?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Austin has always been a strong race for Lewis. My gut tells me he will win the next round and then just do what needs to be done in Mexico to secure the championship. I have Vettel winning in Mexico.

I hope Vettel actually retires in Austin, so we can watch him, Verstappen and Hamilton go all out for wins in the last 3 races. The title would be decided, so they'll just be racing for wins without trying to play it safe.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm 

ReservoirDog wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

I hope Vettel actually retires in Austin, so we can watch him, Verstappen and Hamilton go all out for wins in the last 3 races. The title would be decided, so they'll just be racing for wins without trying to play it safe.

I'd say the opposite, a Lewis DNF would make Vettel go all out since he has a glimpse of hope.

Who knows?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
ReservoirDog wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

I'd say the opposite, a Lewis DNF would make Vettel go all out since he has a glimpse of hope.

Who knows?

Vettel has to go all out anyway.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015