planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

Please note - we have now closed this recruitment.

Hi everybody. It's been 3 years since we last added new moderators to our roster and in the last year it seems it's just been me and PF1 Mod doing the rounds - and I know I've been stretched and barely able to do as much as I used to.

To compound the problem, PF1 Mod is presently away so it's just me and I am not able to handle things just by myself.

As a result, we need some additional people to join our ranks and help out keep on top of things - particularly given the potentially climatic end to this season.

Anyone who is interested should PM me.

Disclaimer:

* All mod positions are voluntary (and unpaid unfortunately)
* The identity of the moderators is confidential
* As a result, we will carefully consider who we take on (given previous problems with mods who abused their powers)
* While I do want to encourage people to apply, I can't guarantee everyone who does will be given a role
* While I anticipate the new mods will be permanent, when PF1 Mod returns he/she may disagree with my decision to expand the ranks (but I doubt they will given how our numbers have thinned)

The most important thing is not to declare you intention to apply in this thread, to maintain confidentiality. Also, if for any reason you get rejected, you will also be expected to keep that confidential as well. There are many reasons why we may decide not to take everyone on (particularly if we get like 5 or more people apply)

I'll allow replies to this thread, rather than locking it, as it's a good opportunity to allow for some general (constructive) feedback on the modding policy of the forum. Again, I can't promise any changes here, but it's always good to hear feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, we have already recruited two new mods.

Please welcome Mod Yellow and Mod Blue to the stable.

I don't know, these new young mods these days, going back to traditional color names. I was expecting something hip and adventurous like Mod BlanchedAlmond, Mod LightSalmon or Mod RebeccaPurple* but it's good to see the classics back....

I'm still accepting new applications, but with a grand prix this weekend it was important to increase our numbers straight away.

(* All geniune CSS color names)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:41 am 

I'm just grateful no-one chose to be Mod DarkGoldenRod

I'll get my coat...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:13 am 

Zoue wrote:

I'll get my coat...

Lol - is that you C3PO?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:13 am 

Zoue wrote:

I'll get my coat...

Lol - is that you C3PO?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 pm 

Is DarkGoldenRod still available? I'm overdue a lick of paint.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Is DarkGoldenRod still available? I'm overdue a lick of paint.

DarkGoldenRod is still available, but Onyx is no longer available, as we have now added our third new moderator "Mod Onyx"

Finally, another hipster Mod name to join me in the millennial age.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:58 pm 

Awesome. Might have a play with my settings.

Welcome new mods, and sorry for my recent absence.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 am 
Site Admin

We are now closing the applications for new moderators for now. We have a fourth new moderator to unveil imminently.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Our final new mod is Mod Titanium who along with Mod Yellow , Mod Blue and Mod Onyx have joined our mod team.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 am 

Do moderators still post on the forum? If so is that right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Option or Prime wrote:
Do moderators still post on the forum? If so is that right?

Moderators do still post on the forum. All their actions are logged on our servers so we know who is doing what.

We also have a policy not to police threads that we are engaged in (well, except in special circumstances such as to remove illegal content or something similar) to prevent moderators from using their mod accounts to silence critics.

Other than the temporary bans handed out on race days (which happen very seldomly) we discuss any punitive actions, and all punitive actions and warnings are logged in a database so we are aware of what's happened.

If you have a problem with a Moderator then your best course of action is to PM PF1-Mod or me with your concerns, and they will be taken seriously.

Having said that, we have a rigorous selection procedure. The people who applied were vetted, we checked whether they'd had any past offences, we then checked their posting history to check that they were not the sort of users who get into petty squabbles, and made sure they didn't have any strong partiality. It's impossble for anyone to be completely impartial in their personal beliefs, however so long as the moderators are aware of their own biases then they can deal with issues accordingly.

The people who are on the current mod team are members that I think most people would be happy with, and respect, even if they don't always agree with their opinions.

At the end of the day, a good moderator has to be invested in the board. If we were no longer able to post on the board, then why would we care about it? It's a voluntary, unpaid position and takes up a lot of a free time, especially during race weekends.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.