planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:06 am
Posts: 22
Time to join in on this one I guess...

I have the sky channel (through virgin) and I'm getting a bit bored with it. I think it is a really well put together package but the pre and post race content is a bit pony. If they could just ditch Lazenby and try and get a little more cohesion to the content then I would perhaps get a little more excited about it.

Herbert is fantastic. I'm glad his role has grown as the season has progressed. The people dissing Georgie probably just have issues as she really hasn't done anything wrong so far. And as a bonus she really is a fine piece of eye candy. McNish has been great too. Brundle is a legend, no more needs saying there.

I pretty much got the channel added to my package for an increase of £4 per month so no financial complaints but was has really irked me this morning has been noticing the 24 new channels the beeb has specifically for the olympics. Unless they are all going to be showing the women's beach volleyball. In hi def. And slow mo. With choice of camera angles. Then I really don't want to know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
thingy003 wrote:
Time to join in on this one I guess...

I have the sky channel (through virgin) and I'm getting a bit bored with it. I think it is a really well put together package but the pre and post race content is a bit pony. If they could just ditch Lazenby and try and get a little more cohesion to the content then I would perhaps get a little more excited about it.

Herbert is fantastic. I'm glad his role has grown as the season has progressed. The people dissing Georgie probably just have issues as she really hasn't done anything wrong so far. And as a bonus she really is a fine piece of eye candy. McNish has been great too. Brundle is a legend, no more needs saying there.

I pretty much got the channel added to my package for an increase of £4 per month so no financial complaints but was has really irked me this morning has been noticing the 24 new channels the beeb has specifically for the olympics. Unless they are all going to be showing the women's beach volleyball. In hi def. And slow mo. With choice of camera angles. Then I really don't want to know.



:lol: :lol:

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 am
Posts: 25
Herbert in commentary was pretty good today. Not as insightful as McNish, but he certainly didn't seem out of place.

The pre- and post-practice sections with Simon felt very hurried though. Usually on Sky they have more time than they know what to do with.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Posts: 1630
DoubleSuited wrote:
Herbert in commentary was pretty good today. Not as insightful as McNish, but he certainly didn't seem out of place.

The pre- and post-practice sections with Simon felt very hurried though. Usually on Sky they have more time than they know what to do with.


Especially considering there was a 10 minute ad break before the next programme!

I didn't mind Herbert in commentary he seemed very relaxed and jokey, he did seem very much like a main commentator rather than a pundit though. Not bad for a change but I prefer McNish and Davidson.

_________________
Official Kamui Kobayashi Fanboy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
Sky stole my qualifying points stats :x (or whoever did them for me :lol: )

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:04 pm
Posts: 95
Sky done a great job this weekend. Especially enjoyed seeing Horner squirm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Chicago
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
ohwell wrote:
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.



Of course they are the British public tend to have a bigger interest in the British sports folk.

Do you think the American broadcasters would concentrate on anyone other than the Americans during the Olympics?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2121
Johnston wrote:
ohwell wrote:
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.



Of course they are the British public tend to have a bigger interest in the British sports folk.

Do you think the American broadcasters would concentrate on anyone other than the Americans during the Olympics?

Exactly. It'd make no sense for a British broadcaster, broadcasting to a British audience to focus on the German/Spanish drivers.

Do you not think the German/Spanish broadcast don't spend all their time fawning over Schumacher/Vettel / Alonso?

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 197
ohwell wrote:
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.

Except it isn't. It really isn't.
I see this kind of statement time and time again on this forum. There are plenty of interviews and features, interviews and track walks with drivers from other countries. Speaking as someone who lived for years in Italy with The Ferrari Show, it really isn't that bad. Of course there's a focus on local interests, but it really is not that bad. I'm fairly sure people posting this don't see that much of the footage or just want to have a go at brit-bashing.
ITV during Hamilton's first season was admittedly twaddle, but on the whole, it's fairly balanced.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
Loved their piece on James Hunt.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2697
Location: Herts, UK
BBC coverage yet again shockingly poor. Sky is getting better, still feel that they lack content in the pre/post race content however.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
RickM wrote:
BBC coverage yet again shockingly poor. Sky is getting better, still feel that they lack content in the pre/post race content however.


What do you expect when they are only showing highlights and their main presenter is off preparing for another sport? The BBC are getting ready to chuck F1, that's for sure.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm
Posts: 296
Location: Toronto
Lancaster wrote:
ohwell wrote:
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.

Except it isn't. It really isn't.
I see this kind of statement time and time again on this forum. There are plenty of interviews and features, interviews and track walks with drivers from other countries. Speaking as someone who lived for years in Italy with The Ferrari Show, it really isn't that bad. Of course there's a focus on local interests, but it really is not that bad. I'm fairly sure people posting this don't see that much of the footage or just want to have a go at brit-bashing.
ITV during Hamilton's first season was admittedly twaddle, but on the whole, it's fairly balanced.

BBC's feed been much better this season, and to my surprise I find David Coulthard much more tolerable than Martin Brundle, but the difference between BBC's coverage and RAI's "Ferrari Show" is that the BBC feed is broadcast all over the world, while RAI's coverage is broadcast to Italy alone... Murray Walker's professionalism made up for Martin Brundle's unabashed McLaren fanboyism during the 90s, but since then the coverage has become a lot more one-sided, I fully understand that most British fans take more of an interest in British drivers but it's a little irritating for the rest of us, and I can't afford to subscribe to RAI International. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 821
ohwell wrote:
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.


What are you talking about? Sky are very subjective and clearly don't have a strong biased towards British driver's/teams. They try to fit in as much as possible from as many driver's/teams/staff as possible. It's been a breath of fresh air the way Sky have conducted their business in terms of being subjective when it comes to Nationality (IE the bias is very little) BBC are far more biased towards the British than Sky, nearly as bad as ITV.

Lancaster wrote:
ohwell wrote:
Both are ridiculously British driver-centric. No difference. BBC F1 was still a little more bearable.

Except it isn't. It really isn't.
I see this kind of statement time and time again on this forum. There are plenty of interviews and features, interviews and track walks with drivers from other countries. Speaking as someone who lived for years in Italy with The Ferrari Show, it really isn't that bad. Of course there's a focus on local interests, but it really is not that bad. I'm fairly sure people posting this don't see that much of the footage or just want to have a go at brit-bashing.
ITV during Hamilton's first season was admittedly twaddle, but on the whole, it's fairly balanced.



This. Sky are very balanced and if you watch Sky F1 you'll see how much detail they go into about everyone and actually don't have more content just for British related teams/drivers/staff etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2697
Location: Herts, UK
RunningMan wrote:
RickM wrote:
BBC coverage yet again shockingly poor. Sky is getting better, still feel that they lack content in the pre/post race content however.


What do you expect when they are only showing highlights and their main presenter is off preparing for another sport? The BBC are getting ready to chuck F1, that's for sure.

Couldn't agree more. Where was EJ today? I only watched the post-race coverage as I was waiting to find out what happend with Vettel, but EJ wasnt there.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2697
Location: Herts, UK
Jomox wrote:
This. Sky are very balanced and if you watch Sky F1 you'll see how much detail they go into about everyone and actually don't have more content just for British related teams/drivers/staff etc.


I have to agree - they are very fair. The only time that they really use McLaren is for the pre-race stats where they have lewis or jenson giving you stats about the track. The rest of the time its a pretty balanced view.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
RickM wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
RickM wrote:
BBC coverage yet again shockingly poor. Sky is getting better, still feel that they lack content in the pre/post race content however.


What do you expect when they are only showing highlights and their main presenter is off preparing for another sport? The BBC are getting ready to chuck F1, that's for sure.

Couldn't agree more. Where was EJ today? I only watched the post-race coverage as I was waiting to find out what happend with Vettel, but EJ wasnt there.


Doesn't he only turn up for live events. Haven't been paying enough attention to the highlights.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2697
Location: Herts, UK
RunningMan wrote:
RickM wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
RickM wrote:
BBC coverage yet again shockingly poor. Sky is getting better, still feel that they lack content in the pre/post race content however.


What do you expect when they are only showing highlights and their main presenter is off preparing for another sport? The BBC are getting ready to chuck F1, that's for sure.

Couldn't agree more. Where was EJ today? I only watched the post-race coverage as I was waiting to find out what happend with Vettel, but EJ wasnt there.


Doesn't he only turn up for live events. Haven't been paying enough attention to the highlights.

Ahh that may explain it. I've not really been paying too much attention. I thought I'd end up watching the BBC pre/post race stuff all the time, but TBH its been so poor quality that I gave up!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
DC not as hard on his fellow RBR employee ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18947734

Interestingly .

MB and crofty were straight on it not so DC and the other guy . Dc even suggesting it was smart to take to the run off.


Edit the words used on the Replay from DC were "Clever boy".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18947726

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
Are the tooned cartoon's a SKY exclusive feature. If that's the case they really one upped the competition.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2121
RunningMan wrote:
Are the tooned cartoon's a SKY exclusive feature. If that's the case they really one upped the competition.

I think they are

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am
Posts: 1309
RickM wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Where was EJ today? I only watched the post-race coverage as I was waiting to find out what happend with Vettel, but EJ wasnt there.

Today's BBC highlights felt like if they weren't contracted to produce the show, they wouldn't have bothered sending anyone to Germany. No Jake, no EJ. At least we didn't have to put up with another attempt at a live grid walk by Coulthard.

Spotted Gary Anderson on the Sky coverage as Ted was going to the FIA noticeboard. Ted said something like 'oh, hello' to Gary who completely blanked him (which seemed to throw Ted for a moment or two), wandered off into the background and then just looked like he was milling around as Ted passed him moments later. I know he was waiting for the official decision on Vettel, but he looked seriously bored.

_________________
"We can not drive slower, just to make the races more exciting." Alain Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:51 am
Posts: 6
sky's getting better and better, the mclaren cartoon things quite funny, and it was good to see Antony Davidson back


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 pm
Posts: 228
I actually prefer the BBC coverage. I refuse to subscribe to Sky because their prices are ridiculous, so I only watch Sky for races like today, illegally on the internet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
scuderia_stevie wrote:
RickM wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Where was EJ today? I only watched the post-race coverage as I was waiting to find out what happend with Vettel, but EJ wasnt there.

Today's BBC highlights felt like if they weren't contracted to produce the show, they wouldn't have bothered sending anyone to Germany. No Jake, no EJ. At least we didn't have to put up with another attempt at a live grid walk by Coulthard.

Spotted Gary Anderson on the Sky coverage as Ted was going to the FIA noticeboard. Ted said something like 'oh, hello' to Gary who completely blanked him (which seemed to throw Ted for a moment or two), wandered off into the background and then just looked like he was milling around as Ted passed him moments later. I know he was waiting for the official decision on Vettel, but he looked seriously bored.


Don't think Ted would have known him personally as I don't think they've worked together. It was more of a polite thing to do after walking into someone. But yh, Gary looked like he had nothing to do and was sorta just standing around.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Brno region, Czech Rep.
Lazenby seemed less awkward in his own skin today, not a fan but he wasnt as annoying.

Cant beat Brundle for informed comment, gets it spot on everytime, he is the master of his craft. Crofty improving as well, I wasnt a fan of his when he commentated solo on the practices for BBC, to much of a smart arse but he has accepted a junior role to Brundle as keeps it ticking over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 857
I'm a beeb supporter and don't like Sky, but have to say the beeb coverage today was poor, seemed like they were just going through the motions. If Eddie had been there he would have asked Horner the awkward questions.

Also, it doesn't normally bother me if the commentators miss things or make mistakes... but today...c'mon guys pay attention!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:11 am
Posts: 106
without Eddie and Jake..the BBC with DC is pretty bad as that fool refuses to be impartial towards his employers [redbull]....

Coultard is too biased and should either leave bbc or redbull....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 76
I really dislike Lazenby. All weekend he has been patronising and arrogant as well as being useless at times. At least when Jake is the host he is more smarmy than arrogant, one extreme to the other but the BBC win hands down with the anchor.

Jonny Herbert is miles better than DC and I prefer Hill to Jordan, assuming their roles to be equivalent.

On the commentary I find both teams good. Love Crofty at times but Ben Edwards is so enthusiastic you can't not like him. I did find a lot of the sky commentary to be about a lap late at times though with their timings, despite the info being on screen!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:06 pm
Posts: 547
Don't watch BBC anymore, but surely no EJ is a good thing?

Enjoyed the few races he wasn't there in 2009-11.

_________________
Jenson Button & Williams F1 Team supporter!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 98
Location: UK
Was working today but have watched both highlights.

The only thing I have to say is about Leigh. She is a lovely and pretty lass and today I felt she was far too caked in make up.

_________________
Go Kimi and Mark!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
kingjamie wrote:
Don't watch BBC anymore, but surely no EJ is a good thing?

Enjoyed the few races he wasn't there in 2009-11.


EJ is good because he's not afraid to ask the hard questions. I remember his grilling of Ferrari after 2010 Germany. Not many people are brave enough to do that.

But other than that he talks aload of rubbish.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:53 pm
Posts: 12
Well, tonight I finally made the phone call to Virgin Media and placed my order, will be installed Friday afternoon!
I've been watching the Sky coverage using my Xbox360 but the quality on my TV is kind of like the BBC IPlayer.
For me though, when the BBC have the live coverage, they're more entertaining than Sky. So when the race is on Sky, obviously just watch Sky.
When the race is live on the BBC, watch the BBC build up, switch to Sky for the race and switch back to the BBC for the post race stuff.
Would love Jake to replace Simon next year but I can't see that happening.
I'm sure DC will replace Crofty next year.
Would love Bernie to do a Donnington on Sky after this season (can't see that happening either).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2697
Location: Herts, UK
theledge wrote:
Well, tonight I finally made the phone call to Virgin Media and placed my order, will be installed Friday afternoon!
I've been watching the Sky coverage using my Xbox360 but the quality on my TV is kind of like the BBC IPlayer.
For me though, when the BBC have the live coverage, they're more entertaining than Sky. So when the race is on Sky, obviously just watch Sky.
When the race is live on the BBC, watch the BBC build up, switch to Sky for the race and switch back to the BBC for the post race stuff.
Would love Jake to replace Simon next year but I can't see that happening.
I'm sure DC will replace Crofty next year.
Would love Bernie to do a Donnington on Sky after this season (can't see that happening either).


Welcome to the dark side...we have Tivo :p

I cant see DC replacing Crofty tho - DC is actually a shockingly poor commentator when compared to Crofty. DC's obviously got the first-hand driving experience, but Crofty delivers it in a much better way and knows how to get you excited for even the most dull of races.

I was thinking and hoping that DC would join the Sky team, however I'm no longer so sure. After the olympics are over and done with, the BBC may actually take a step back and realize that actually, they should, and can afford to do better coverage again. Obviously this is just speculation, but was just a thought :)

You'll never see Jake on Sky tho - he's a BBC boy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm
Posts: 973
I actually like EJ, he is a character at the very least.

His bumbling antics are quite entertaining, I can understand that if you want it taken deadly seriously that you may find him overbearing and annoying, but for me I usually just watch SKY after BBC have gone of the air for serious insight as Brundle, Herbert and Co talk for ages after the Grand Prix has ended.

_________________
http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheYXLYDG9UIHNLBM5HUGVVCGXLLVBLB3BSZQ==/imgAyrton%20Senna2.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: u.k
Fernando Alonso was ranked 10th in the BBC all time list.

I think that is a fair assesment especially as his career isn't over yet. But they say
Quote:
Four of the 20 drivers on the list are racing in 2012. Two other current drivers only just missed out, being ranked in 22nd and 23rd places overall when the lists were combined.


So Lewis is 15th on the list and Alonso 10th. I would assume that Schumacher will be on the list somewhere, so who is the fourth? Surely it cannot be Vettel.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Posts: 1630
RickM wrote:
theledge wrote:
Well, tonight I finally made the phone call to Virgin Media and placed my order, will be installed Friday afternoon!
I've been watching the Sky coverage using my Xbox360 but the quality on my TV is kind of like the BBC IPlayer.
For me though, when the BBC have the live coverage, they're more entertaining than Sky. So when the race is on Sky, obviously just watch Sky.
When the race is live on the BBC, watch the BBC build up, switch to Sky for the race and switch back to the BBC for the post race stuff.
Would love Jake to replace Simon next year but I can't see that happening.
I'm sure DC will replace Crofty next year.
Would love Bernie to do a Donnington on Sky after this season (can't see that happening either).


Welcome to the dark side...we have Tivo :p

I cant see DC replacing Crofty tho - DC is actually a shockingly poor commentator when compared to Crofty. DC's obviously got the first-hand driving experience, but Crofty delivers it in a much better way and knows how to get you excited for even the most dull of races.

I was thinking and hoping that DC would join the Sky team, however I'm no longer so sure. After the olympics are over and done with, the BBC may actually take a step back and realize that actually, they should, and can afford to do better coverage again. Obviously this is just speculation, but was just a thought :)

You'll never see Jake on Sky tho - he's a BBC boy.


Whilst I respect your opinion I think you're in a minority. I found the guy a joy to listen to in the commentary box last season, I'm sure some of that is owed to the chemistry between him and Brundle. I don't like his commentary as much this season, but then I don't really watch the races on BBC this season because I don't really like Ben Edwards and I do like Brundle.

Brundle and DC are the best commentary pairing ever imo, I was so gutted when it was split up after a year.

_________________
Official Kamui Kobayashi Fanboy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2121
DC is a bit dull I find, he was okay paired with Brundle, but then coming off the back of two years of Ledgard, I'd have taken Microsoft Sam in the box over him.

I think Brundle and Crofty are really good together, would be silly to break that pairing up just to stick DC in there.

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 197
Seanie wrote:
DC is a bit dull I find, he was okay paired with Brundle, but then coming off the back of two years of Ledgard, I'd have taken Microsoft Sam in the box over him.

I think Brundle and Crofty are really good together, would be silly to break that pairing up just to stick DC in there.


Agree - I think you need a 'voice talent' commentator and a pundit, an ex driver. Two ex drivers seemed a bit like having two pundits.
Take the classic combo, Murray Walker might not have known much about driving, or the technical aspects, but he injected enthusiasm and had the 'voice' for it. This pretty much goes for most sports. Crofty is probably my favorite commentator since Murray for the natural sounding commentary.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darkwing, fasteddie, Ferrari 355, Fiki, ianwit, JMILAT, Kevin McDonald, Lojik, mcdo, mds, RaggedMan, shoot999, Zoue and 50 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.136s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]