17. Nico Hulkenberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
18. Carlos Sainz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
19. Marcus Ericsson 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
20. Pascal Wehrlein 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm 

ohwell wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Which happened on the first lap anyway so made little difference.

Eh? It made all the difference. He was already all over the back of the tail by the time the sc was called in. Completely nullified his disadvantage of having to start from the pitlane.

Nullified 5 seconds then gained 6 positions. The SC made alot more than a little difference. Hamilton was fuelled less than the front trio so the SC helped all in that respect.

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 pm 

Invade wrote:
mds wrote:
Migen wrote:
Invade wrote:
mds wrote:
Vettel, Hamilton and Massa.

I do find it somewhat amusing how what Vettel did a few weeks ago was "standard" and "nothing remarkable", while from the same side I now see Hamilton getting hailed for an unbelievable drive. ;)

Are we referring to Mexico? I couldn't vote for Vettel then because he damaged his race during the first 3 corners. The drive thereafter was splendid and his overtaking was often breathtaking but ultimately he went from P1 to P4 in the race.

I think he`s most likely referring to Malaysia where Vettel started dead last to finish off 4th, same as Hamilton this last race... but unlike Hamilton, Vettel did not win the DotD for Malaysia.

^^ this.

Gotcha. Vettel was much further off the lead which is probably why I was less impressed (I voted Vettel too but Max got my first place vote). But a lot of this is down to Verstappen also who I think had much better race pace on that day than Vettel had in Brazil. Perhaps I underrated Vettel's performance? Who do you think was better on that day out of Max and Seb?

I think both were excellent. The thing is that car performance isn't to be compared 1:1. I think Hamilton's Merc was by far the fastest car yesterday, while Vettel was probably at least rivaled by Verstappen in Malaysia. So it stands to reason that Hamilton would finish much closer to the top.

If we then take into account that Hamilton was in 14th immediately and glued to the back, in the dominant car, then if what Vettel did was nothing unusual few weeks ago, then the same goes for Hamilton.

Not that I actually am of that opinion. I think both were flawless and did what their cars allowed them to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 pm 

pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

I do find it somewhat amusing how what Vettel did a few weeks ago was "standard" and "nothing remarkable", while from the same side I now see Hamilton getting hailed for an unbelievable drive. ;)

Was not the problem for Vettel being that he crashed into Hamilton?

See you could easily avoid things like this if you bothered to read through the thread first...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:45 pm 

pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

Was not the problem for Hamilton being that he crashed into wall?

It's the same situation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

It's the same situation.

On the driver of the weekend thread most definitely. This is driver of the day though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

It's the same situation.
I'm not sure that the wall is being blamed by a select few though

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 am 

mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

See you could easily avoid things like this if you bothered to read through the thread first...

I answer in order that I read the threads, you could have been more specific.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 am 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

It's the same situation.

This is the DoTD thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 am 

LOL...

Always the excuses.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 am 

pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

And that's your problem. Things that have already been long sorted out, you answer as if they haven't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 pm 

mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

And that's your problem. Things that have already been long sorted out, you answer as if they haven't.

I did put a question mark there because I wasn't sure what you meant, next time I will delete the post seeing how upsetting it can be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm 

You could have been sure, as it was explained just a few posts below. It's not upsetting, it is just unnecessary and clutters the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 pm 

mds wrote:
You could have been sure, as it was explained just a few posts below. It's not upsetting, it is just unnecessary and clutters the thread.

It was 1 post, the cluttering is your response to it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 am 

pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

Maybe it helps you to realize I actually have a point and it will declutter countless threads in the future. I'm all for it then.

Look, just admit I do have a point here, that you do tend to rush replies even if posts have already (long) been answered, and that you could do this differently, and just drop the matter then. No need to continue being so hard headed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm 

mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

Maybe it helps you to realize I actually have a point and it will declutter countless threads in the future. I'm all for it then.

Look, just admit I do have a point here, that you do tend to rush replies even if posts have already (long) been answered, and that you could do this differently, and just drop the matter then. No need to continue being so hard headed.

Oh look more clutter.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 am 

f1madman wrote:
mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 am 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
f1madman wrote:
mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:

Oh look, more clutter.

I stand by what I said: if it will declutter countless threads in the future, I have no problem adding some here. I take it you genuinely see no problem in posting behavior that rushes out post after post after post without even having the common sense to look whether something you're asking has been fully answered before, but it's a pattern and I wanted to address it. And it could have stopped right there if he had just admitted he could've done that, instead of again just keep on arguing for the sake of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:57 am 

mds wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
f1madman wrote:
mds wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Oh look, more clutter.

I stand by what I said: if it will declutter countless threads in the future, I have no problem adding some here. I take it you genuinely see no problem in posting behavior that rushes out post after post after post without even having the common sense to look whether something you're asking has been fully answered before, but it's a pattern and I wanted to address it. And it could have stopped right there if he had just admitted he could've done that, instead of again just keep on arguing for the sake of it.