planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:54 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 1478
Did Coulthard just swear under his breath on live TV on Channel 4 when he tripped up just minute ago? :D Sounded like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 311
does anyone know why ocon wasnt to happy during his post qualifying interview.There seems to have been an issue of some sort.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8057
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Did Coulthard just swear under his breath on live TV on Channel 4 when he tripped up just minute ago? :D Sounded like it.



Did anyone else find Horners remark funny? the Squirrel one :] I was in stitches. I won't post it here to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28040
lucifers wrote:
does anyone know why ocon wasnt to happy during his post qualifying interview.There seems to have been an issue of some sort.

He wasn't happy about Bottas who passed him while he was trying to prepare for his lap, also I wonder how close Ocon was to Bottas when Bottas aborted his lap and went into the pits?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
sandman1347 wrote:
Haas would do well to replace Ro-Gro. It's not just the spins (which seem to happen every race weekend), it's the negativity that he seems to exude from his pores. This guy is such a downer in terms of his words and demeanor. I think Haas can do better; regardless of their rationale for hiring him. I would also say that Kevin has that same negative energy about him as well as a habit of upsetting other drivers with his on-track actions. Haas should really consider upgrading.


Completely agree. Grojean is 100% poison to ANY team that has him as a driver. He is an appalling sportsman and offers nothing to the team that he is part of. Haas is a significantly lesser team to have had Grojean as a driver.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 1804
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Vettel was also only changed due to starting at the back

I thought he had a genuine failure in Malaysia or Japan that meant he had to change engine?

Even more impressive then if so, you can see why Horner isn’t happy about the engine limit going down to 3 next year.


I think the 5th engine they took in Malaysia was strategic as Vettel had failed to set a lap and was starting 20th.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 pm 
GingerFurball wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Vettel was also only changed due to starting at the back

I thought he had a genuine failure in Malaysia or Japan that meant he had to change engine?

Even more impressive then if so, you can see why Horner isn’t happy about the engine limit going down to 3 next year.


I think the 5th engine they took in Malaysia was strategic as Vettel had failed to set a lap and was starting 20th.


Yes, the failures they had in Malaysia and Japan did not require engine changes. They just changed in Malaysia to get a fresh engine for the run in as he was starting last anyway. Japan was just a spark plug failure, a regular maintenance part that can be changed.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 2034
sandman1347 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Haas would do well to replace Ro-Gro. It's not just the spins (which seem to happen every race weekend), it's the negativity that he seems to exude from his pores. This guy is such a downer in terms of his words and demeanor. I think Haas can do better; regardless of their rationale for hiring him. I would also say that Kevin has that same negative energy about him as well as a habit of upsetting other drivers with his on-track actions. Haas should really consider upgrading.


Given that the car is probably the worst on the grid in average and definitely the most difficult to drive and given the points total the two scored despite this, I am not so sure any upgrading is available.

What on earth makes you think the car is the worst on the grid? The Sauber has been worse in almost every race and the Haas has at times been solidly in the middle of the pack. Frankly I haven't seen Kevin struggle with the brakes the way Grosjean does every weekend.

The main thing is that Grosjean has no reasonable expectation of a top car. He joined a brand new team and should expect some difficulties. The negativity isn't going to help things.


The Haas has a much better engine than the Sauber - current Ferrari vs. old Ferrari. But car-wise, the Haas appears to be worse. Definitely, it is the most difficult to handle on the grid.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alienturnedhuman, Bing [Bot], j man, pokerman and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group