planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:29 pm 

Did Coulthard just swear under his breath on live TV on Channel 4 when he tripped up just minute ago? :D Sounded like it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:44 pm 

does anyone know why ocon wasnt to happy during his post qualifying interview.There seems to have been an issue of some sort.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:08 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Did Coulthard just swear under his breath on live TV on Channel 4 when he tripped up just minute ago? :D Sounded like it.

Did anyone else find Horners remark funny? the Squirrel one :] I was in stitches. I won't post it here to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 pm 

lucifers wrote:
does anyone know why ocon wasnt to happy during his post qualifying interview.There seems to have been an issue of some sort.

He wasn't happy about Bottas who passed him while he was trying to prepare for his lap, also I wonder how close Ocon was to Bottas when Bottas aborted his lap and went into the pits?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:42 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Haas would do well to replace Ro-Gro. It's not just the spins (which seem to happen every race weekend), it's the negativity that he seems to exude from his pores. This guy is such a downer in terms of his words and demeanor. I think Haas can do better; regardless of their rationale for hiring him. I would also say that Kevin has that same negative energy about him as well as a habit of upsetting other drivers with his on-track actions. Haas should really consider upgrading.

Completely agree. Grojean is 100% poison to ANY team that has him as a driver. He is an appalling sportsman and offers nothing to the team that he is part of. Haas is a significantly lesser team to have had Grojean as a driver.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:53 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Vettel was also only changed due to starting at the back

I thought he had a genuine failure in Malaysia or Japan that meant he had to change engine?

Even more impressive then if so, you can see why Horner isn’t happy about the engine limit going down to 3 next year.

I think the 5th engine they took in Malaysia was strategic as Vettel had failed to set a lap and was starting 20th.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 pm 
GingerFurball wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Vettel was also only changed due to starting at the back

I thought he had a genuine failure in Malaysia or Japan that meant he had to change engine?

Even more impressive then if so, you can see why Horner isn’t happy about the engine limit going down to 3 next year.

I think the 5th engine they took in Malaysia was strategic as Vettel had failed to set a lap and was starting 20th.

Yes, the failures they had in Malaysia and Japan did not require engine changes. They just changed in Malaysia to get a fresh engine for the run in as he was starting last anyway. Japan was just a spark plug failure, a regular maintenance part that can be changed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Haas would do well to replace Ro-Gro. It's not just the spins (which seem to happen every race weekend), it's the negativity that he seems to exude from his pores. This guy is such a downer in terms of his words and demeanor. I think Haas can do better; regardless of their rationale for hiring him. I would also say that Kevin has that same negative energy about him as well as a habit of upsetting other drivers with his on-track actions. Haas should really consider upgrading.

Given that the car is probably the worst on the grid in average and definitely the most difficult to drive and given the points total the two scored despite this, I am not so sure any upgrading is available.

What on earth makes you think the car is the worst on the grid? The Sauber has been worse in almost every race and the Haas has at times been solidly in the middle of the pack. Frankly I haven't seen Kevin struggle with the brakes the way Grosjean does every weekend.

The main thing is that Grosjean has no reasonable expectation of a top car. He joined a brand new team and should expect some difficulties. The negativity isn't going to help things.

The Haas has a much better engine than the Sauber - current Ferrari vs. old Ferrari. But car-wise, the Haas appears to be worse. Definitely, it is the most difficult to handle on the grid.