planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:09 pm 

Of course they'll defend it, they;ve been dominating it !

Moderators: why did you lock my previous post ? the story is one of your own !!!

And the link ..

http://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-d ... criticism/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:11 pm 

Your thread was locked because there was no link posted. Please check your inbox.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:21 pm 

I understand mercs point, because they got the formula nailed for this hybrid formula right from the start..

Then FIA (not thinking straight) locked it down by introducing the token system which limited greater development steps by others to catch up, hence the dominance for the past 5 years.. How is that good for the sport ??

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:23 am 

mpls2 wrote:
I understand mercs point, because they got the formula nailed for this hybrid formula right from the start..

Then FIA (not thinking straight) locked it down by introducing the token system which limited greater development steps by others to catch up, hence the dominance for the past 5 years.. How is that good for the sport ??

It wasn't that Merc got lucky and "Nailed" the Hybrid technology in the limited time before the new engine regs took effect but rather that they had perfected the hybrid technology years before then insisted that F1 mandate the V6 turbo hybrid they had perfected as the standard .With the engine development initially locked down for all of the other engine vendors how could Mercedes not run the table ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 am 

:nod:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 am 

Do you stand by and allow that goose that laid so many golden eggs for you be destroyed?

Mercedes have done a fantastic job in creating a car and engine package that has brought them success for four straight years now, in both driver's and manufacturer's titles. Why, oh why would they willingly embrace major changes that have a very high probability of knocking them off their perch? Their success has brought them prestige they can convey into advertising, they receive a very nice chunk of change for their success, and they sit on committees that allow them to wield power within the sport.

Liberty's proposed changes will change all that. The engine rules will probably be changed, resetting everyone back to zero. Revenue sharing may undergo a more equitable distribution, and Mercedes' power within the sport will be diminished.

If I was an executive within Mercedes I too would resist Libery's efforts. As an employee of a company, my first priority is towards the company, despite the fact I desire for the sport to prosper. But not at my expense.

This is very easy to discern what is going on. The teams at the top who prosper under the old rules are whinging, resisting letting go of the golden goose.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 am 

well i bet merc wouldn't call 2017 merc domination , they were behind Ferrari for the first half of the year

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 am 

This Merc 4 year domination is lowering the income of the F1 owners, off course it's a conflict of interest.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:10 am 

kls2020 wrote:
mpls2 wrote:

It wasn't that Merc got lucky and "Nailed" the Hybrid technology in the limited time before the new engine regs took effect but rather that they had perfected the hybrid technology years before then insisted that F1 mandate the V6 turbo hybrid they had perfected as the standard .With the engine development initially locked down for all of the other engine vendors how could Mercedes not run the table ?

Why does this rubbish continue to be peddled, it was Jean Todt that insisted on Hybrid technology, Mercedes at the time were just looking to have twin turbos.

It's also interesting to see the various political stances of some posters, when Ferrari don't like the regs then let's drag Mercedes into it as well, when there is a piece about Mercedes not liking the regs then let's leave them alone as the standalone dissidents.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 1st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)