planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14752
Page 1 of 1

Author:  minchy [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Race is starting in 30 minutes and like normal with Fe, I completely forgot with such a large gap between races at this time of year!

I've not seen qualifying, but really looking forward to the race, I enjoyed this track last year.

P.s. Sorry I can't make as good OPs as we've all been used for the past 3 years (can't remember who it was who did them, but they were really good), I'm not prepared for it and only on my phone.

Author:  minchy [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Buemi on pole.
P2 - Bird
P3 - Rosenqvist

That's a good top 3 :)

Author:  mikeyg123 [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Looking forward to the race. A shame we have to endure another round with the minimum pitstop time but hopefully this should be the last time.

Author:  minchy [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

I see they're sticking with the pre recorded cringe intro!

(Although I did enjoy it the first time)

Author:  minchy [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Well not the most exciting race ever but a good result from Rosenqvist and Bird did a good job to hold onto 3rd with gear issues at the end of his first stint.

Author:  mikeyg123 [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

The timing of the VSC was a shame.

Author:  minchy [ Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

mikeyg123 wrote:
The timing of the VSC was a shame.

Yeah, started a lap late and finished a lap early.

Author:  pokerman [ Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Rosenqvist seems to impress in everything he drives.

Author:  Banana Man [ Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Shame that VSC ruined the race for a few drivers, including Evans. Glad to see Jaguar making good progress.

Author:  Paolo_Lasardi [ Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Another great result for Rosenqvist. Bird scoring consistently top positions. And a strong debut for Blomqvist!

Author:  Exediron [ Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

minchy wrote:
I see they're sticking with the pre recorded cringe intro!

(Although I did enjoy it the first time)

I still have no idea what you mean, so I have to conclude that it isn't something that appears on my coverage... all I see is that the cars line up, they smoke their wheels and advance, and then the lights go out and they race. There's no intro.

As for the race, not the most exciting FE race ever, but also higher quality in terms of driving than many. FRO continues to establish himself as a top driver in the championship, N. Prost continues to disappoint me, and Lotterer still seems to be shockingly at sea in Formula E.

But at least the winner didn't use FanBoost. :twisted:

Author:  MB-BOB [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

I have tried to watch this form of racing several times (on TV) since the series began. I have kept an open mind about it, because racing is racing. And I am a fan of electric cars, hoping to buy a Tesla Model 3 in a couple of years.

But the whining noise these cars makes comprises white noise to me, and I find myself nodding off. Try as I might, I haven't watched a single race from beginning to end, yet. Not trying to be critical. But this form of racing literally puts me to sleep.

Author:  pokerman [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

MB-BOB wrote:
I have tried to watch this form of racing several times since the series began. I have kept an open mind about it, because racing is racing. And I am a fan of electric cars, hoping to buy a Tesla Model 3 in a couple of years.

But the whining noise these cars makes comprises white noise to me, and I find myself nodding off. Try as I might, I haven't watched a single race from beginning to end, yet. Not trying to be critical. But this form of racing literally puts me to sleep.

Indeed and if it's the future on motorsport how popular will it really become?

Author:  UnlikeUday [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

I'm sure many of You have played GT6. The sound of these electric cars reminds me of the Chaparral 2X car:

Image
Source - www.autoweek.com

Author:  pokerman [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm sure many of You have played GT6. The sound of these electric cars reminds me of the Chaparral 2X car:

Image
Source - http://www.autoweek.com

Is that when they believed designing a car like a brick was cutting edge aerodynamics? :lol:

Author:  MB-BOB [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

pokerman wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm sure many of You have played GT6. The sound of these electric cars reminds me of the Chaparral 2X car:

Image
Source - http://www.autoweek.com

Is that when they believed designing a car like a brick was cutting edge aerodynamics? :lol:


The Chapparal 2J (not 2X) was a fan-based ground effects car, operating similarly to the 1978 Brabham 46B F1 fan car... only 8 years prior, in 1970. The bodywork sealed the car to the track and the visible fans in back sucked the air from under the car. http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports ... j-history/

And yes, the Brabham was a more attractive package. But it did not need to suck up as much air as the Can-Am racer.

Author:  minchy [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

One of the things formula e suffers from is that the noise of the cars really don't come across on TV. Watching live they sound a lot better. But it's all personal and relative to the individual and situation, I've drifted off numerous times watching f1 or touring cars myself, but then again I did also fall asleep during a Slip Knot gig once, so my sleeping behaviour isn't much to go on!

Author:  Exediron [ Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

minchy wrote:
One of the things formula e suffers from is that the noise of the cars really don't come across on TV. Watching live they sound a lot better. But it's all personal and relative to the individual and situation, I've drifted off numerous times watching f1 or touring cars myself, but then again I did also fall asleep during a Slip Knot gig once, so my sleeping behaviour isn't much to go on!

Yeah, I've drifted off watching FE races late at night, but it's got nothing to do with the noise. I've drifted off watching Grands Prix before the V6 era as well. In fact, I actually think the V8 engines became a really unpleasant sort of background noise on TV, and it wasn't at all engaging. I was re-watching some races from that era not too long ago, and I'd forgotten how annoying they sounded. The V10s are a different story, though.

(I actually think the FE engines sound cool, BTW)

Author:  moby [ Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Formula E round 3 - Marrakesh

Exediron wrote:
minchy wrote:
One of the things formula e suffers from is that the noise of the cars really don't come across on TV. Watching live they sound a lot better. But it's all personal and relative to the individual and situation, I've drifted off numerous times watching f1 or touring cars myself, but then again I did also fall asleep during a Slip Knot gig once, so my sleeping behaviour isn't much to go on!

Yeah, I've drifted off watching FE races late at night, but it's got nothing to do with the noise. I've drifted off watching Grands Prix before the V6 era as well. In fact, I actually think the V8 engines became a really unpleasant sort of background noise on TV, and it wasn't at all engaging. I was re-watching some races from that era not too long ago, and I'd forgotten how annoying they sounded. The V10s are a different story, though.

(I actually think the FE engines sound cool, BTW)



Perhaps they should add rattling milk bottles to go with the sound of milk floats :lol:

PS I do like FE, not really intended as an insult.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/