planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
With all the seats now filled, how would you rank the driver pairings from strongest to weakest for the 2018 season?

Here they are, presented in alphabetical order:

Ferrari: Raikkonen and Vettel
Force India: Ocon and Perez
Haas: Grosjean and Magnussen
McLaren: Alonso and Vandoorne
Mercedes: Bottas and Hamilton
Red Bull: Ricciardo and Verstappen
Renault: Hulkenberg and Sainz
Sauber: Ericsson and Leclerc
Toro Rosso: Gasly and Hartley
Williams: Sirotkin and Stroll

Though, I agree on the order here, think it's too early to judge Williams as the bottom of the group... Stroll did OK in the 2nd half of 2017, almost equalling Massa at some stage... It's good to see young blood in the sport and hopefully they will show their talent. Not a huge fan of rich Dads or Countries helping drivers, as we can see in both these Williams drivers. Was so hoping Paul di Resta would of been picked as the other Williams driver. Kubica in my opinion would not of been consistant in every race due to his injury.

Bottas will improve in 2018 as will Vandoorne. I can see Ocon beating Perez as well. He has too much talent and driving well. Perez is too stubborn :lol:

Hoping McLaren will be fighting for wins here!... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 pm 

Noni wrote:
With all the seats now filled, how would you rank the driver pairings from strongest to weakest for the 2018 season?

Though, I agree on the order here, think it's too early to judge Williams as the bottom of the group... Stroll did OK in the 2nd half of 2017, almost equalling Massa at some stage... It's good to see young blood in the sport and hopefully they will show their talent. Not a huge fan of rich Dads or Countries helping drivers, as we can see in both these Williams drivers. Was so hoping Paul di Resta would of been picked as the other Williams driver. Kubica in my opinion would not of been consistant in every race due to his injury.

Bottas will improve in 2018 as will Vandoorne. I can see Ocon beating Perez as well. He has too much talent and driving well. Perez is too stubborn :lol:

I think it is just alphabetical order mate (as highlighted in bold above), not the order of what Jenson's Understeer personally thinks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:05 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
Noni wrote:

I think it is just alphabetical order mate (as highlighted in bold above), not the order of what Jenson's Understeer personally thinks

Yup!

(Although ironically the bottom three are listed in the same order I actually placed them)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:13 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
Noni wrote:

Yup!

(Although ironically the bottom three are listed in the same order I actually placed them)

Well, good guess then!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:30 pm 

Siao7 wrote:

Sorry!! :blush: Just noticed!!... :D