planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:06 pm 

Alonso sure has some clout in motorsport:

Some WEC drivers understandably peeved that this now creates a clash with the Petit Le Mans IMSA finale they planed to race in.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:21 pm 

I can understand why they would be upset, as would be the Petit LeMans organizers... and the fans. As much as I love seeing Nando do this multiple racing disciplines racing, I can't say that I approve of the schedule altering to fit his timeline.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:26 pm 

Toyota wanting to maximise this hook up with a big name driver is understandable of course but yeah it sucks for those wanting to drive in the PLM.

I doubt Toyota could resist the temptation of having Alonso winning in Japan. It would cause a bit of a media storm because of his Honda history and is worth it's weight in gold in exposure and getting one over their biggest rival.

Too big to resist really.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:31 pm 

Another Alonso-Toyota story..https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/vid ... 03333/?s=1
Quote:
"The car is just amazing, this machine is something very special,” said Alonso. “I think the four-wheel drive, together with the boost of the hybrid system makes the acceleration like a rocket ship".

"You go out of the corners and you feel the compression of the seat and your eyes are very wide open. Any racing driver should feel that, one time".