planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:20 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7281
Location: Belgium
Flash2k11 wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Looks strange with no engine cover or rear wing sponsor at the moment so wont comment on the livery.


Been rumoured that PM might be attempting to put their e-cig branding on the car... could be the reason its still blank thus far.
I doubt it, I understand that advertising e-cigarettes is banned in the EU.

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:47 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 14060
Fiki wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Looks strange with no engine cover or rear wing sponsor at the moment so wont comment on the livery.


Been rumoured that PM might be attempting to put their e-cig branding on the car... could be the reason its still blank thus far.
I doubt it, I understand that advertising e-cigarettes is banned in the EU.


With less than half the races taking place within the EU I'm not sure that's an insurmountable problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 27587
Fiki wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Way off topic for a second so apologies but every winter testing it does my nut in having to check if I've misspelled-sidepods,bargeboards and downforce etc..

Why aren't these real words by now with an official spelling in English or am I indeed misspelling them and they all have to be two separate words?

It drives me bonkers every year. :x
I think you have checked the wrong source. Have a look on https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bargeboard. I looked it up because that word is hundreds of years old and simply had to be there. But the others are there as well. Perhaps you should switch off your US spelling checker. They've been having problems with the English language for nearly as long as we've had bargeboards. ;)

Yes as an Englishman it's somewhat frustrating being told that my correct English spellings are wrong.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 1st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 3651
pokerman wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Way off topic for a second so apologies but every winter testing it does my nut in having to check if I've misspelled-sidepods,bargeboards and downforce etc..

Why aren't these real words by now with an official spelling in English or am I indeed misspelling them and they all have to be two separate words?

It drives me bonkers every year. :x
I think you have checked the wrong source. Have a look on https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bargeboard. I looked it up because that word is hundreds of years old and simply had to be there. But the others are there as well. Perhaps you should switch off your US spelling checker. They've been having problems with the English language for nearly as long as we've had bargeboards. ;)

Yes as an Englishman it's somewhat frustrating being told that my correct English spellings are wrong.


You can find bargeboards, no space, on the end of a lot of houses, including mine.

_________________
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. [Lord Acton]
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world


Last edited by Asphalt_World on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3484
Fun fact: I was once stuck hanging from a bargeboard on a 3-storey building. Interestingly Firefox isn't telling me that's a typo, although Chrome and Opera both do.

That said, and having now helped you all derail the thread, could we try and get it back to the Ferrari please? Much as I realise the other discussions are interesting, I'm not sure this is the forum for arguments with American-based linguistic software.

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2269
I just hope that the engine very close or on par with Mercedes. As long as Mercedes have an engine advantage, they will continue to dominate F1. Once that engine advantage is gone, I reckon that they are very beatable.

Come on Ferrari, try not to let me down. :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 4830
Fiki wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Way off topic for a second so apologies but every winter testing it does my nut in having to check if I've misspelled-sidepods,bargeboards and downforce etc..

Why aren't these real words by now with an official spelling in English or am I indeed misspelling them and they all have to be two separate words?

It drives me bonkers every year. :x
I think you have checked the wrong source. Have a look on https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bargeboard. I looked it up because that word is hundreds of years old and simply had to be there. But the others are there as well. Perhaps you should switch off your US spelling checker. They've been having problems with the English language for nearly as long as we've had bargeboards. ;)


FML,I didn't even realise I was on US spellcheck. :lol: :blush:

Got it on English(UK) but it still comes up red squiggle heaven for downforce,bargeboard and sidepod. I admit defeat but cheers anyway Fiki. :thumbup:

EDIT: Just saw PF1-Mods post, yep I'm on Chrome so that explains it. Sorry for O/T.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 27587
KingVoid wrote:
I just hope that the engine very close or on par with Mercedes. As long as Mercedes have an engine advantage, they will continue to dominate F1. Once that engine advantage is gone, I reckon that they are very beatable.

Come on Ferrari, try not to let me down. :nod:

Apparently the Ferrari engine has 1,000HP, I'm not sure the Mercedes engine has that much more?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 1st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:37 am
Posts: 207
Lotus49 wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Way off topic for a second so apologies but every winter testing it does my nut in having to check if I've misspelled-sidepods,bargeboards and downforce etc..

Why aren't these real words by now with an official spelling in English or am I indeed misspelling them and they all have to be two separate words?

It drives me bonkers every year. :x
I think you have checked the wrong source. Have a look on https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bargeboard. I looked it up because that word is hundreds of years old and simply had to be there. But the others are there as well. Perhaps you should switch off your US spelling checker. They've been having problems with the English language for nearly as long as we've had bargeboards. ;)


FML,I didn't even realise I was on US spellcheck. :lol: :blush:

Got it on English(UK) but it still comes up red squiggle heaven for downforce,bargeboard and sidepod. I admit defeat but cheers anyway Fiki. :thumbup:

EDIT: Just saw PF1-Mods post, yep I'm on Chrome so that explains it. Sorry for O/T.


Right-click on the underlined word, and then click "Add to dictionary" (on Firefox) - problem solved :)

OT - has anyone heard anything new about the engine? Last reports I read was that Ferrari will be using an evolution of last year's engine for reliability - while early Merc reports said they'd crossed the 1000 BHP barrier.

That certainly doesn't bode well for Ferrari or the (rumoured) 950 BHP Renault unit...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1003
Any word on whats with all the smoke coming out of the ferrari throughout testing has been all about?

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1003
Some good footage of the ferrari testing


Source : https://youtu.be/UW91_eqQRR0

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 427
Location: USA
everyone is saying the Ferrari is in trouble with MB, RedBull then perhaps Ferrari. They get it wrong?

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2269
pokerman wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
I just hope that the engine very close or on par with Mercedes. As long as Mercedes have an engine advantage, they will continue to dominate F1. Once that engine advantage is gone, I reckon that they are very beatable.

Come on Ferrari, try not to let me down. :nod:

Apparently the Ferrari engine has 1,000HP, I'm not sure the Mercedes engine has that much more?

Mercedes apparently have to use 15 liters less fuel than Ferrari because their consumption is so much better.

Mercedes' race pace on medium tyres in testing suggests that they have a 0.5 second lead over Ferrari sadly. The one advantage that Ferrari appears to have is tyre management, especially on the softer compounds.

The only people who can stop Mercedes this season are Pirelli. They can bring softer tyres to more circuits, or they can reduce the tyre pressures to favour Ferrari.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 27587
KingVoid wrote:
pokerman wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
I just hope that the engine very close or on par with Mercedes. As long as Mercedes have an engine advantage, they will continue to dominate F1. Once that engine advantage is gone, I reckon that they are very beatable.

Come on Ferrari, try not to let me down. :nod:

Apparently the Ferrari engine has 1,000HP, I'm not sure the Mercedes engine has that much more?

Mercedes apparently have to use 15 liters less fuel than Ferrari because their consumption is so much better.

Mercedes' race pace on medium tyres in testing suggests that they have a 0.5 second lead over Ferrari sadly. The one advantage that Ferrari appears to have is tyre management, especially on the softer compounds.

The only people who can stop Mercedes this season are Pirelli. They can bring softer tyres to more circuits, or they can reduce the tyre pressures to favour Ferrari.

Yes that came to the fore after I posted although I heard it was 10 Litres.

Regarding lowering the tyre pressures, Pirelli keep the pressures a bit higher to stop the tyres failing so they might view that as being too risky?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 1st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mikeyg123 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group