planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:18 am 

We've all been there. You know every single thing there is to know about Formula 1, and then some. You know exactly who's the best driver and team in history, in the past year, in this year, and also who will be the best next year. You have the perfect solution to every single problem in Formula 1, and it's not only perfect, but it's also simple and beautiful. You can explain in detail why every time your favourite driver has a bad race it's just bad luck, and why every time he has a good race it means he's god.

And yet, every time you spend your precious time teaching others how right you are and how wrong they are, there's always this annoying guy who pretends to know better than you and supports his stupid point with a stupid pile of facts and scientific evidence. Frustrating, I know.

So I've created this thread to help you get the record straight. This is the place to say loud and clear to all those annoyingly reasonable people that you don't care about their stupid little facts and evidence, that you are right because you say so, period, and all the facts and the evidence in the world are not going to change that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 am 

Our first guest in the thread is a guy by the name Spoutnik from racefans.net who laughs at the idea that F1 teams might fix races now and then. In his own words "That you genuinely think teams could fix a race is really worrying".

Hope he has a good time explaining to everybody how that is ridiculous and could never happen because he says so.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:53 am 

The VSC rule is certainly open for abuse whether it be by the teams or even the officials with a remit from above to spice up the racing because it makes them more money, after all Liberty's remit is to make the F1 races unpredictable, and there is even greater opportunity to do that with 2 stop races and boundless opportunities with 3 stop races.

It will be interesting to see how many times they first go with the VSC to remix the field then straight to a SC to bunch them back up like they did in Australia when perhaps it was always a SC call in the first place?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:56 pm 

Not worth it... post deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:53 pm 

I have no problem with people voicing their opinions. After all, every forum (on any hobby) is based on opinions. There is no right or wrong answer on any topic.

Where I think people cross lines is when they insult first, prior to -- or in conjunction with -- voicing an opinion... such as, "you obviously don't know what you are talking about," etc. Many (myself included) will occasionally do this without thinking, but some people here seem to consider it a sport.

Ancient Chinese proverb: "Before you speak, ask yourself... Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary? Does it improve on the silence?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:04 pm 

Blake wrote:
Not worth it... post deleted.

I understand you Blake and I feel the same

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:38 pm 

If I want to hear someones opinion I will tell them what it is. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:57 pm 

There is enough arguing done on here with precious little in the way of fact or reality to back it up without dedicating an entire topic to it, especially as anything posted in here will just be going over old ground (and we've just done enough of that in the off season) or having the same arguments going on now in here as well.

As such, locking the thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.