planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:53 am
Posts: 579
shoot999 wrote:




:uhoh:

He is a serial offender, here is one from 2015 where he switched off Ajo's bike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 814
Location: UK
He should be made to watch from the pit lane for a season, just reckless...if he wanted to make a point he could have gestured, pointed, waved even prodded the rider but to go for the brake lever is crazy!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5325
Disgraceful act by Fenati! I have never seen anything like it in my life. That was unbelievable! He should be banned for the remainder of the season IMO.

In the races, Martin regains the Moto3 lead and he seems to be nursing this injury fairly well while managing to still score points every race. He's far and away the best Moto3 rider this year. Shame about what happened to Marco. That had to hurt.

Moto2, aside from the crazy behavior of Fenati, was a fairly straight forward race at the front. I was happy to see Schrotter finish on the podium at long last. Well deserved. It's firmly a two horse race now between Peco and Oliveira. Oliveira will have to qualify better or I think there will be more races like this one.

In the main event. Who really cares what happens anymore? I hate to say it but Marquez basically already has the championship so it's kind of all academic now. That was a good win for Dovi though. He had to do something to regain the momentum in his battle with Jorge. That one on one matchup between those two is perhaps the most interesting remaining element of the MotoGP season

On a side note, it was a shame to see Rossi struggle so badly. I really do think it's time for Valentino to hang up the helmet. It's not about his level of performance necessarily. He's still riding at a high enough level to be out there on a top bike. It's about the fact that the Yamaha team are completely nowhere and they really need to change direction IMO. This is the longest string of races the factory team has gone in their history without a win. Things are not working at Yamaha and I think it's time they made a fundamental course change as an organization. They trail both the Ducatis and Hondas in basically all areas now and I think they need to let Rossi go and move on from his dominating pressense on the team. They should keep Maverick and add another young rider in the short run IMO. Maybe Morbidelli. I just think Rossi is stifling their growth at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2608
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/09/1 ... ted/271445


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 675
I am not sure what people expected, to be honest. Only the day before, Rossi denied Marquez a handshake. Not only that, he presented a livid face, full of rage and tension. (Yes, yes, it is my reading of it, but I don't think I am very far off) And amazingly it was Rossi himself who had kicked Marquez voluntarily out of a race, and he has been applauded by about half of the fans and the paddock. Is it any wonder if a hothead like Fenatti gets momentarily confused? He has seen his idol, his former boss, kick people around on the track and be applauded for his actions.
I am seriously disgusted by the double standards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 504
mikeyg123 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:




:uhoh:


I wonder what the appropriate penalty is for attempted murder?

Bit of a stretch at attempted murder.

As he's now been dropped by his team, dropped by next years team, I think I saw picked up a ban and subsequently retired from racing over this the punishment is likely enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 14053
dompclarke wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:




:uhoh:


I wonder what the appropriate penalty is for attempted murder?

Bit of a stretch at attempted murder.

As he's now been dropped by his team, dropped by next years team, I think I saw picked up a ban and subsequently retired from racing over this the punishment is likely enough.


Perhaps an over exaggeration. I do wonder though, speaking hypothetically, what would happen in this sort of situation if the victim did want to press some sort of criminal charge. It would probably class as a common assault in English law at least? Not saying anyone should take criminal action. Just wondering if it is possible? People have been criminally prosecuted for violent acts in the sport in the past.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2539
Location: England
I suggested elsewhere on the net that the old bill might want a word with him over it.

Regardless of the actual outcome, his action could have caused the other rider to fall and god only know what that could have resulted in. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but in law 'thankfully' doesnt come into it. Almost certainly a slam dunk common assault in English Law, and you could certainly argue that the intent is there to cause more fear or harm, so much so that it could fall under Battery.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 3rd | 2 Podiums | 1 Win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 675
Flash2k11 wrote:
I suggested elsewhere on the net that the old bill might want a word with him over it.

Regardless of the actual outcome, his action could have caused the other rider to fall and god only know what that could have resulted in. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but in law 'thankfully' doesnt come into it. Almost certainly a slam dunk common assault in English Law, and you could certainly argue that the intent is there to cause more fear or harm, so much so that it could fall under Battery.


So, I wonder what the penalty should be for Rossi, who actually kicked a fellow racer to the ground. That one wasn't even a hypothetical: kicked to the ground.

I guess Rossi always had a special dispensation because he was funny and smiled more.

Now we needed to live with it and show a little equanimity, but everyone is so happy destroying someone's life for a single mistake.

Good on us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 14053
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:
I suggested elsewhere on the net that the old bill might want a word with him over it.

Regardless of the actual outcome, his action could have caused the other rider to fall and god only know what that could have resulted in. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but in law 'thankfully' doesnt come into it. Almost certainly a slam dunk common assault in English Law, and you could certainly argue that the intent is there to cause more fear or harm, so much so that it could fall under Battery.


So, I wonder what the penalty should be for Rossi, who actually kicked a fellow racer to the ground. That one wasn't even a hypothetical: kicked to the ground.

I guess Rossi always had a special dispensation because he was funny and smiled more.

Now we needed to live with it and show a little equanimity, but everyone is so happy destroying someone's life for a single mistake.

Good on us.


He's destroyed his own life not us. And it's not one single mistake. Like Rossi he has kicked out at another rider in the past. Would you be happy to share a track with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm
Posts: 60
robins13 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:


:uhoh:

He is a serial offender, here is one from 2015 where he switched off Ajo's bike


Sorry, should not be on the track ever again. This crap has no place in racing.

Scott R, did that very same thing to a racer I supported, and in the end karma almost took that leg from him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 675
mikeyg123 wrote:
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:
I suggested elsewhere on the net that the old bill might want a word with him over it.

Regardless of the actual outcome, his action could have caused the other rider to fall and god only know what that could have resulted in. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but in law 'thankfully' doesnt come into it. Almost certainly a slam dunk common assault in English Law, and you could certainly argue that the intent is there to cause more fear or harm, so much so that it could fall under Battery.


So, I wonder what the penalty should be for Rossi, who actually kicked a fellow racer to the ground. That one wasn't even a hypothetical: kicked to the ground.

I guess Rossi always had a special dispensation because he was funny and smiled more.

Now we needed to live with it and show a little equanimity, but everyone is so happy destroying someone's life for a single mistake.

Good on us.


He's destroyed his own life not us. And it's not one single mistake. Like Rossi he has kicked out at another rider in the past. Would you be happy to share a track with him.


Please, do respond to my question, or my doubts, and do not assume things I have never even hinted to. I never said I liked Fenatti or what he did. The same way I evaluate Rossi as an even more disgraceful individual.

The fact remains, and you avoided it, that Rossi actually kicked someone down while racing, and that we seem to be ok with the vertiginous difference in treatment we have given these two cases.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 675
jeffw wrote:
robins13 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:


:uhoh:

He is a serial offender, here is one from 2015 where he switched off Ajo's bike


Sorry, should not be on the track ever again. This crap has no place in racing.

Scott R, did that very same thing to a racer I supported, and in the end karma almost took that leg from him.


Looks like Rossi to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ohwell, Quark and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group