planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haas)
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14902
Page 44 of 45

Author:  UnlikeUday [ Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Perez stays with Force Indi

Rich Energy, which tried to buy Force India has agreed to a multi year agreement with Haas F1 from 2019 onwards. The Haas team's livery will change to incorporate Rich Energy branding.
https://www.haasf1team.com/news/news-rich-energy-announced-haas-f1-team-title-partner

Author:  Exediron [ Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

I'll admit, I thought Rich Energy were a bunch of fraudsters without any real cash. If they can afford title sponsorship for a pretty decent midfield car they must be more serious than I expected.

Good news for Haas, anyway!

Author:  pokerman [ Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Perez stays with Force Indi

UnlikeUday wrote:
Rich Energy, which tried to buy Force India has agreed to a multi year agreement with Haas F1 from 2019 onwards. The Haas team's livery will change to incorporate Rich Energy branding.
https://www.haasf1team.com/news/news-rich-energy-announced-haas-f1-team-title-partner

I'm just wondering is that the sponsorship that Williams were hoping for so they could sign up Ocon?

Author:  pc27b [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Exediron wrote:
I'll admit, I thought Rich Energy were a bunch of fraudsters without any real cash. If they can afford title sponsorship for a pretty decent midfield car they must be more serious than I expected.

Good news for Haas, anyway!


i have no inside information at all. i am wondering if whatever money rich energy is putting into haas will be used to expand/hire more people, or if it is just less money haas has to put in ?

if no american company will invest in haas, f1 ought to realize getting america more interested in f1 isn't going to work

Author:  UnlikeUday [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Esteban Gutierrez is hoping to make a comeback with Williams!!!!!!!!
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139699/gutierrez-aiming-for-f1-return-with-williams

Seriously....... :lol:

Author:  froze [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Exediron wrote:
I'll admit, I thought Rich Energy were a bunch of fraudsters without any real cash. If they can afford title sponsorship for a pretty decent midfield car they must be more serious than I expected.

Good news for Haas, anyway!

I still don't understand that product or where it is sold. Has anybody tasted it?

Author:  UnlikeUday [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

froze wrote:
Exediron wrote:
I'll admit, I thought Rich Energy were a bunch of fraudsters without any real cash. If they can afford title sponsorship for a pretty decent midfield car they must be more serious than I expected.

Good news for Haas, anyway!

I still don't understand that product or where it is sold. Has anybody tasted it?


Believe it or not, as per Rich Energy, they sell their products in 30 countries worldwide!!!!

Taken from the link below:
'Rich Energy, the premium British energy drink brand, will become the title partner of Haas F1 Team in a multi-year agreement beginning with the 2019 FIA Formula One World Championship.

The partnership will result in a significant livery change to incorporate the colors of Rich Energy, while the team name will become Rich Energy Haas F1 Team.

Rich Energy, currently available in over 30 countries worldwide, and expanding rapidly, will utilize its partnership with Haas F1 Team as the centerpiece of its marketing campaign, exploiting the global platform offered by Formula One to increase its market share in the competitive energy drink sector.'
https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/10/25/haas-confirm-rich-energy-to-be-title-sponsor/

Author:  Exediron [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

UnlikeUday wrote:
Believe it or not, as per Rich Energy, they sell their products in 30 countries worldwide!!!!

I don't believe it.

But just to put it to the test, I spent about 10 minutes online trying to see if anyone actually sells their product. What I found:

Amazon.co.uk - The first thing I found, this genuinely looks like it was once possible to buy their drink here. Currently unavailable.
Beverage Trade Network - Interestingly, they claim that Rich Energy is sold only in the United States! Although I've never seen it here, mind you.
London Cellar - They claim that Rich Energy is distributed by Waitrose and Harrods, but I found no proof of this on either site.
Brenmar Company - You can actually buy it here! Stop the press! This company ships to Mexico, USA and Canada, and is based in the United States.

So, I've found proof that it very much appears to actually be sold in North America. I suppose one of us who lives on this side of the pond needs to take one for the team and try to order a case to prove if it's actually real, or if a sizable amount of vapor will be shipped instead... :o

Author:  Jezza13 [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Exediron wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Believe it or not, as per Rich Energy, they sell their products in 30 countries worldwide!!!!

I don't believe it.

But just to put it to the test, I spent about 10 minutes online trying to see if anyone actually sells their product. What I found:

Amazon.co.uk - The first thing I found, this genuinely looks like it was once possible to buy their drink here. Currently unavailable.
Beverage Trade Network - Interestingly, they claim that Rich Energy is sold only in the United States! Although I've never seen it here, mind you.
London Cellar - They claim that Rich Energy is distributed by Waitrose and Harrods, but I found no proof of this on either site.
Brenmar Company - You can actually buy it here! Stop the press! This company ships to Mexico, USA and Canada, and is based in the United States.

So, I've found proof that it very much appears to actually be sold in North America. I suppose one of us who lives on this side of the pond needs to take one for the team and try to order a case to prove if it's actually real, or if a sizable amount of vapor will be shipped instead... :o


Why would a drinks company set up shop in the UK to sell it's product only in the US but in it's testimonial page that indicates it sells it's product to a few, albeit very small, clients in England? Surly having an international testimonial on the page would lend it a bit more credence than that of Nisa in Metheringham.

Where do they actually make the stuff anyway and how many people do they employ?

They say their a British energy drinks company with a "cutting edge" £50m manufacturing facility but they don't say where it is and I can't find any reference to it and surely William Storey isn't the only person who's on the payroll. There's got to be someone in England who presses the start button on the production line each Monday morning.

Now maybe i'm reading too much onto this part but I find it a tad peculiar how they say their "cans" are made in the UK. Not their "product" or "drink" but their "cans". To me it just seems odd way to outline the manufacturing process of the product.

The only building I can find linked to the company is the one where I guess they rent space in Hyde Park House London but an article in the business section of the Telegraph says Rich is short for Richmond where they're based.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/03/30/rich-energy-chief-fell-drinks-business-meeting-mad-scientist/

If there's anyone who lives near Richmond or any of the places they quote on their testimonial page maybe they could suss it out and fill in a few blanks.

It's just too weird to think they're legit ATM but I keep on telling myself Gene Haas is too smart to fall for these guy's if they're trying something on.

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

You can supposedly buy the stuff direct from their website with free delivery to anywhere in the UK.

https://richenergy.com/shop/


The whole thing just seems shady to me though.

Author:  Jezza13 [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Rich Energy Limited apparently have a £50m manufacturing facility yet a look on companycheck.co.uk indicates that in 2017, they had assets of just £1m and liabilities of £534.5K. The company's net worth was £-822.3K and they had the princely sum of £581 in cash available.

So who owns the £50m plant and based on those figures i'd have thought they'd struggle to sponsor the local under 10's chess club let alone become the naming sponsor of a multi million dollar high performance international racing team?

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/09791667/RICH-ENERGY-LIMITED/financials#key-financials

Author:  froze [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Anybody in the UK who would care to order a can and see if they actually ship? :D
I suppose it should say in the can where it is made.

Author:  Flash2k11 [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Shouts to me that someone is investing via Rich Energy rather than RE having the money themselves to stump up. As I mentioned in the other topic, the rumour is that David Gold and David Sullivan are the men with the money.

Author:  Ennis [ Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

UnlikeUday wrote:
froze wrote:
Exediron wrote:
I'll admit, I thought Rich Energy were a bunch of fraudsters without any real cash. If they can afford title sponsorship for a pretty decent midfield car they must be more serious than I expected.

Good news for Haas, anyway!

I still don't understand that product or where it is sold. Has anybody tasted it?


Believe it or not, as per Rich Energy, they sell their products in 30 countries worldwide!!!!

Taken from the link below:
'Rich Energy, the premium British energy drink brand, will become the title partner of Haas F1 Team in a multi-year agreement beginning with the 2019 FIA Formula One World Championship.

The partnership will result in a significant livery change to incorporate the colors of Rich Energy, while the team name will become Rich Energy Haas F1 Team.

Rich Energy, currently available in over 30 countries worldwide, and expanding rapidly, will utilize its partnership with Haas F1 Team as the centerpiece of its marketing campaign, exploiting the global platform offered by Formula One to increase its market share in the competitive energy drink sector.'
https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/10/25/haas-confirm-rich-energy-to-be-title-sponsor/


I'd say they're definitely taking the shortcut to success (or huge failure, depending on how it goes). It does reek of something dodgy, but it's also essentially just marketing a a launch-product. If they started tossing adverts on every channel we wouldn't think as much of it, but its the same effect as backing an F1 team. Although you'd think they'd think of something different to copying Red Bull, in an area where Monster is also pretty prominent...

Although if energy drinks are the new tobacco sponsorship, I'll take it :)

Author:  owenmahamilton [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Not sure if this needs a new topic or not but according to Joe Saward's latest notebook blog, 2019 will probably be the last race at Sao Paulo. If true I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand the track layout is very good but on the other hand, it's in a really run down area and practically every year someone involved in F1 gets robbed at gunpoint.

Author:  mikeyg123 [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Not going to Interlagos would be a tragedy for F1.

Author:  Exediron [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

mikeyg123 wrote:
Not going to Interlagos would be a tragedy for F1.

I don't really agree. The circuit has great history, Brazil has great history, but the current situation there simply doesn't support a Grand Prix. If people are being robbed at gunpoint (drivers, team personnel, spectators) routinely every single year, there's a point where it's just selfish for us TV fans to want them to come back and continue to endanger everyone who actually goes. If I was a team member, I'd be pretty happy about this announcement.

Author:  Llotyhy [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Totally agree.

The sooner we get rid of that event the better. It's unworthy of F1. Shame, because Brazil is a true racing country and we've seen some classic races on that track.

Author:  froze [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

I have to agree. As much as I like the track, at the end of the day, F1 has to be organised at venues where the locals are able to act at a civilized manner.

Author:  Jenson's Understeer [ Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

I'd pretty much echo those thoughts. To be perfectly honest, I think it has been apparent for a couple of years now (possibly back since Button was targeted back in 2010) that going to Interlagos was perhaps not the best idea in the world, but after the various incidents last year, I really do feel like F1 shouldn't have been going there anymore. It almost feels like they've got away with it every year so far, and that every year the race continues to be on the calendar, they're pushing their luck a little more...

Such a shame because it is usually one of the best races of the year.

Author:  owenmahamilton [ Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

The worst thing I've seen happen at Interlagos was the year (I can't remember which) that the advertising hoardings on the start straight fell down while the F1 cars were on the track, it was so lucky that none of the drivers were seriously injured (or worse).

Author:  shoot999 [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

Author:  Covalent [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

Too bad the ship's already at the bottom of the ocean.

Author:  UnlikeUday [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

The 2019 F1 grid as it stands:

Mercedes – Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas
Ferrari – Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc
Red Bull - Max Verstappen and Pierre Gasly
Renault – Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg
Haas – Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen
McLaren – Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris
Force India – Sergio Perez and TBC
Toro Rosso – Daniil Kvyat and TBC
Sauber – Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi
Williams – George Russell and TBC

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.

Author:  Jenson's Understeer [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.


Could be following Felipe Baby to FE, too.

Author:  Exediron [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.

From his statement it sounds to me like he's retiring from F1:

Quote:
“After 20 years in Formula One, however, I feel it’s the right time to reflect on things and evaluate what the next move is. I’m thoroughly looking forward to spending more time with my family before deciding on future opportunities.”

Once people start talking about spending more time with their family that's usually it.

Author:  Flash2k11 [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Exediron wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.

From his statement it sounds to me like he's retiring from F1:

Quote:
“After 20 years in Formula One, however, I feel it’s the right time to reflect on things and evaluate what the next move is. I’m thoroughly looking forward to spending more time with my family before deciding on future opportunities.”

Once people start talking about spending more time with their family that's usually it.


Could well be.... but it kinda smells like that special kind of 'break' people take to try and minimise any grief from a former employer before jumping to a new one in the same field. I don't think we've seen the last of him in F1.

Author:  moby [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.


Unofficial blaab is he is going to manage a FE team. (Straight from the tea lady. )

Author:  owenmahamilton [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Pietro Fittipaldi has joined Haas as test driver for 2019.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13993 ... r-for-2019

Author:  owenmahamilton [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Williams have offered Robert Kubica a race seat for 2019, he also has an offer of a reserve role with Ferrari.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubi ... 9/3210921/

Author:  mikeyg123 [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

owenmahamilton wrote:
Williams have offered Robert Kubica a race seat for 2019, he also has an offer of a reserve role with Ferrari.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubi ... 9/3210921/


Please let this be true!

Author:  typaH4okc [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

this article is saying that Alex Albon will take the 2nd seat at Toro Rosso - http://autosport.com.ru/f1/53586-neofic ... toro-rosso

It references comments made by Giedo Van Der Garde on TV in Holland.

Author:  UnlikeUday [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.


Very much looks like he could be heading to Force India. Over the past few years, he and Stroll Sr. could've built a rapport & understanding so who knows.

Author:  pokerman [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

owenmahamilton wrote:
Pietro Fittipaldi has joined Haas as test driver for 2019.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13993 ... r-for-2019

More money than talent?

Author:  pokerman [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

UnlikeUday wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Rob Smedley to leave Williams at end of the season.

No word on where he's going but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Force India. If the Stroll's have been impressed with him they could be poaching him ready for when they move over.


Very much looks like he could be heading to Force India. Over the past few years, he and Stroll Sr. could've built a rapport & understanding so who knows.

He was talking of having to take gardening leave before he could work elsewhere.

Author:  Exediron [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

pokerman wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Pietro Fittipaldi has joined Haas as test driver for 2019.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13993 ... r-for-2019

More money than talent?

If it means Ferucci is out, good news by me.

Author:  pokerman [ Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Exediron wrote:
pokerman wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Pietro Fittipaldi has joined Haas as test driver for 2019.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13993 ... r-for-2019

More money than talent?

If it means Ferucci is out, good news by me.

Well I thought that might have been obvious when he turned up in Indycar?

Author:  Exediron [ Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
pokerman wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Pietro Fittipaldi has joined Haas as test driver for 2019.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13993 ... r-for-2019

More money than talent?

If it means Ferucci is out, good news by me.

Well I thought that might have been obvious when he turned up in Indycar?

Nah, you can be both an IndyCar racer and an F1 reserve. Plenty of reserve drivers race elsewhere.

Author:  Flash2k11 [ Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Silly Season 2019 (Updated - Rich Energy unites with Haa

Fittipaldi seemed alright before his accident this year, and as mentioned above, if it means Ferruci is gone then its all good news. Still not entirely happy that Dale Coyne Racing have taken him back with open arms though, just reinforces the idea that money can pay your bad behaviour away.

Page 44 of 45 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/