Please read the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Silly Season 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:43 pm 

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
You've got this backwards. The original claim was yours that Hamilton would NOT have any get out clauses and that's what started this conversation. When challenged, you then provided a link to show Verstappen didn't have it, but it was pointed out that in the very same link Horner explained that he didn't because he was on a junior contract, while Vettel did because of his previous success. So your link didn't actually support your argument, especially since it confirmed that such get out clauses exist.

What the majority have said is that you cannot possibly know whether or not Hamilton's next contract would contain get out clauses. And that still stands. We know for a fact they exist, which your link proves, but we don't know which drivers have them.

The Maldonado hypothesis is irrelevant with regard to whether Hamilton will have one in his contract.

No I was specifically replying to the notion that all contracts have get out clauses.

But they were only in reply to you saying there definitely wouldn't be. Point is that the existence of get out clauses is proven. Whether Hamilton has them or not is just speculation and you can't make such a claim

Why would I say they are unproven?

I've had several replies to what I said in particular it was said that get out clauses always apply to which I questioned.

the replies were generated by you saying the clauses would not be there. you need to look at the origin of the discussion, not subsequent theories. And you have no way of knowing

I will still go by that, interesting how posts saying that drivers have a performance get out clause for every season gets a free pass.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 6th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)