planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:26 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am 
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
Zoue wrote:
It's unlikely to be wing settings. Kimi was faster in his previous lap and he went purple everywhere. Why would they feel the need to make an adjustment after that?

There was nothing preventing Kimi from getting the time. This is proven as he did it on the previous lap. Why is it so hard for people to accept that he just didn't hook it up properly?


Why is it unlikely? Pretty clear, Kimi was slower on all the speed traps and he was quicker than Vettel in the sectors that favour more wing, S1 and S2.

Kimi didn't gain enough time in the corners of S3 to offset his straight line speed deficit to Vettel (or match his run 1 S3) that is where he lost pole but its pretty obvious from the side by side his car is significantly slower in a straight line

It's unlikely because he was already the fastest out of everybody in every sector. And on his final lap he still managed to go faster still in the first two sectors, but slower in the final one. The one with the straights. A wing tweak to help his top speed should have improved that, not made it worse.

The simplest explanation is the most likely here. He simply didn't get the best exit and that compromised his lap.


Have you actually watched the side by side? The one with the little car that uses GPS to show exact progress.

He is pulling away on the exit, extending the gap. He gets a better exit than Vettel. Its from about 1/3 down the straight where Vettel's straight line speed kicks in.

It's possible that Vettel and Kimi had different setups. But I'm not comparing Kimi with Vettel. I'm comparing Kimi with Kimi. And on his final run he was slower than his own time set on the previous run. If he'd just matched it, then Vettel's time would have been irrelevant

The side by side was blocked when i tried to view it


Yes, I don't disagree with that. He blew it in the corners of S3 probably. But he clearly had more wing on than Vettel which was my sole point of contention.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23932
lamo wrote:
https://youtu.be/fyLXBOFQGws?t=1m1s

Pretty obvious from this. They are tied in the mid corner, as they exit the corner Kimi pulls 0.040 ahead. Kimi is still pulling the gap as they are on the straight. Then Vettels lower drag kicks in and before they brake Vettel has gained 0.120 on Kimi turning his 0.040 deficit into 0.080 ahead. In doing so posting a top speed 3.7 kmph higher.

As you say, the simplest explanation is the mostly likely.

You're still not getting it. It doesn't matter if Vettel was faster on the straight. Kimi didn't do as well as he could have done. More to the point, he didn't do as well as he had already shown he could do. Comparing how he was set up compared to Vettel is a complete red herring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am 
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
https://youtu.be/fyLXBOFQGws?t=1m1s

Pretty obvious from this. They are tied in the mid corner, as they exit the corner Kimi pulls 0.040 ahead. Kimi is still pulling the gap as they are on the straight. Then Vettels lower drag kicks in and before they brake Vettel has gained 0.120 on Kimi turning his 0.040 deficit into 0.080 ahead. In doing so posting a top speed 3.7 kmph higher.

As you say, the simplest explanation is the mostly likely.

You're still not getting it. It doesn't matter if Vettel was faster on the straight. Kimi didn't do as well as he could have done. More to the point, he didn't do as well as he had already shown he could do. Comparing how he was set up compared to Vettel is a complete red herring.


I said 2-3 pages ago Kimi didn't get pole due to not matching his first run S3. That is obvious.

The sole point of contention here is you objecting to Kimi having more wing.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23932
lamo wrote:
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
https://youtu.be/fyLXBOFQGws?t=1m1s

Pretty obvious from this. They are tied in the mid corner, as they exit the corner Kimi pulls 0.040 ahead. Kimi is still pulling the gap as they are on the straight. Then Vettels lower drag kicks in and before they brake Vettel has gained 0.120 on Kimi turning his 0.040 deficit into 0.080 ahead. In doing so posting a top speed 3.7 kmph higher.

As you say, the simplest explanation is the mostly likely.

You're still not getting it. It doesn't matter if Vettel was faster on the straight. Kimi didn't do as well as he could have done. More to the point, he didn't do as well as he had already shown he could do. Comparing how he was set up compared to Vettel is a complete red herring.


I said 2-3 pages ago Kimi didn't get pole due to not matching his first run S3.

The sole point of contention is you objecting to Kimi having more wing.

Because there's no evidence he did, between runs. He didn't lose pole because of his wing. He lost it because he didn't match his own personal best in the final sector


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 am 
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
https://youtu.be/fyLXBOFQGws?t=1m1s

Pretty obvious from this. They are tied in the mid corner, as they exit the corner Kimi pulls 0.040 ahead. Kimi is still pulling the gap as they are on the straight. Then Vettels lower drag kicks in and before they brake Vettel has gained 0.120 on Kimi turning his 0.040 deficit into 0.080 ahead. In doing so posting a top speed 3.7 kmph higher.

As you say, the simplest explanation is the mostly likely.

You're still not getting it. It doesn't matter if Vettel was faster on the straight. Kimi didn't do as well as he could have done. More to the point, he didn't do as well as he had already shown he could do. Comparing how he was set up compared to Vettel is a complete red herring.


I said 2-3 pages ago Kimi didn't get pole due to not matching his first run S3.

The sole point of contention is you objecting to Kimi having more wing.


Because there's no evidence he did, between runs.
Except for him being 3.7 kmph slower on the straights and the side by side clearly showing it. Who said anything about Kimi changing wing between runs?

He didn't lose pole because of his wing. He lost it because he didn't match his own personal best in the final sector
Yes I agree and said that 2-3 pages ago.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23932
lamo wrote:
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
Zoue wrote:
lamo wrote:
https://youtu.be/fyLXBOFQGws?t=1m1s

Pretty obvious from this. They are tied in the mid corner, as they exit the corner Kimi pulls 0.040 ahead. Kimi is still pulling the gap as they are on the straight. Then Vettels lower drag kicks in and before they brake Vettel has gained 0.120 on Kimi turning his 0.040 deficit into 0.080 ahead. In doing so posting a top speed 3.7 kmph higher.

As you say, the simplest explanation is the mostly likely.

You're still not getting it. It doesn't matter if Vettel was faster on the straight. Kimi didn't do as well as he could have done. More to the point, he didn't do as well as he had already shown he could do. Comparing how he was set up compared to Vettel is a complete red herring.


I said 2-3 pages ago Kimi didn't get pole due to not matching his first run S3.

The sole point of contention is you objecting to Kimi having more wing.


Because there's no evidence he did, between runs.
Except for him being 3.7 kmph slower on the straights and the side by side clearly showing it. Who said anything about Kimi changing wing between runs?

He didn't lose pole because of his wing. He lost it because he didn't match his own personal best in the final sector
Yes I agree and said that 2-3 pages ago.

yeah, we can knock this one back and forth for ever, I guess. You keep making comparisons with Vettel, while I think that's totally irrelevant. We all know that he had a poor S3 - that's not in contention by anybody. What we were discussing was why, and for that his wing settings are completely irrelevant. His poor S3 had nothing to do with how his car was set up in comparison with Vettel. It was just down to how he drove the lap, that's all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm 
We aren't discussing why he was slower, it appears you are but you are right that had nothing to do with the wing settings. I just stated he ran less wing than Vettel in qualifying, which you disagreed with. That is and was my sole point. Don't read anything else into it, Kimi ran more wing than Vettel in qualifying, that is it.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23932
lamo wrote:
We aren't discussing why he was slower, it appears you are but you are right that had nothing to do with the wing settings. I just stated he ran less wing than Vettel in qualifying, which you disagreed with. That is and was my sole point. Don't read anything else into it, Kimi ran more wing than Vettel in qualifying, that is it.

It appears we were having two different discussions. I didn't disagree with him having less wing than Vettel. i disagreed that his wing settings were relevant to his time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:48 pm 
It appears we were :lol:


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group