planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm 

mnmracer wrote:
elektrobanks wrote:
I kind of agree, but lets see him when he has a tough year, then his true colours will show. Its easy to be all smiles when every things going your way. Turkey '10 is a prime example of what he can be like.

You mean when after the 2010 Italian Grand Prix, he was 23 points behind, or when he saw a win blow up in Korea and he left with 25 points behind and just two races left? You know which colors he showed back then? 4 flawless races and a second place in Singapore.

I was pointing towards his denial of any of the blame and how it was all placed on webber. You're right, on the track he turned it round. But I'm sure when he's in the thick of it and isn't able to go sailing past everyone i think he can and probably will show his ugly side.

I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing though, I just don't understand the insistence that he is the perfect person all the time – maybe its just cos he's the man of the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm 

marlique72 wrote:
ed22 wrote:
It's amusing how quick people were to make bold statements just be seeing the first qualifying session ... Maclaren are unbeatable ... Vettel is ordinary because the Red Bull is no longer the dominant car, ... and Alonso is ordinary because Ferrari is about the 5th or 6th best car. More amusing is to hear the same people after the race. lol.

Franky the levels of hypocrisy expounded on this forum are enought to make anyone despair, far to often the more reasable and objective posta are drowned in a sea of hatred and character assaination

Absolutely agree with you there, you've perfectly summed up the majority of posters on this forum. It amazes me the number of times a supporter of driver A will run down driver B in order to show how good there own driver is.
I've been a supporter of Lewis since I first heard he was coming to formula 1, there's something about Seb that just gets under my skin. Lewis is an awesome driver with some fantastic skills, Seb is an awesome driver with some fantastic skills.

Today Lewis was not on form and quite rightly disappointed after the race. :(

Today Seb showed that he is a deserved 2x champ and was rightly happy about his race performance. :x

See how easy it is to support a driver and the sport at the same time 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:08 pm 

elektrobanks wrote:
I was pointing towards his denial of any of the blame and how it was all placed on webber. You're right, on the track he turned it round. But I'm sure when he's in the thick of it and isn't able to go sailing past everyone i think he can and probably will show his ugly side.

I'm sorry, but in that case I understand you even less. As far as I can remember, 'denial of blame' happened just that one time in Turkey. How can you "be sure" something that happened once in 82 races, once in 5 years, will happen again?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 pm 

kiwif1 wrote:
Absolutely agree with you there, you've perfectly summed up the majority of posters on this forum. It amazes me the number of times a supporter of driver A will run down driver B in order to show how good there own driver is. I've been a supporter of Lewis since I first heard he was coming to formula 1, there's something about Seb that just gets under my skin. Lewis is an awesome driver with some fantastic skills, Seb is an awesome driver with some fantastic skills.

Today Lewis was not on form and quite rightly disappointed after the race. :(
Today Seb showed that he is a deserved 2x champ and was rightly happy about his race performance. :x

See how easy it is to support a driver and the sport at the same time 8)

Amen. I think it's also kind of sad. Formula One can be such an amazing thing to watch if you can appreciate the talents and moments of greatness of all the drivers. If your appreciation is clouded by another driver's talents, you're just ruining Formula One for yourself.

Ah well, it often happens people like us end up talking to eachother.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:23 pm 

Dazzla wrote:
he made 1 move on rosberg and now people acting like he's on hamiltons level?.. and SC is the reason he was 2nd

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPe1ZnAfLXQ

And let's not forget his move on Alonso last year. I don't care what you say, the was a ballsy move.

I personally am not saying he is at LH level, Vettel would have taken somebody out if he was at LH level. I'm saying Vettel is better. I personally think this is going to be a great year of racing, and I look forward to the reasons why Vettel wins each race with baited breath. I have Austrailia down.

Austrailia - Vettel not that good, got lucky with the SC.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:24 pm 

I am not a fan of Vettel, but he reminded me of Alonso in the second half of 2005 - you know, when Kimi was faster but Alonso did exactly what had to be done to get the championship ( and I am a Kimi fan ). So, I think Seb is a worthy champion like Fernando is, without considering other aspects.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm 

mnmracer wrote:
the1englishman wrote:
Well i for one think Seb still has an awfull lot to prove myself !!
Today was nothing special, so he made one good move on a top 6 runner, and ?
He also had a lot of luck today with others retiring, and the safety car.
He is a good driver, time will tell if he is great.

The only one retiring in front of him was Schumacher, who was two laps away from being overtaken by Vettel anyway. Vettel was 0.7s behind Hamilton when he pitted, who in turn was unable to overtake Vettel in 22 laps, despite having a 10kph higher top speed and DRS. The facts counter your argument.

The point iam making is this race done nothing to show Seb is the best in the buisness. The only real work he had to do was rosberg, thats it, so we learnt what about Seb today ? Nothing is what.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:12 pm 

the1englishman wrote:
mnmracer wrote:
the1englishman wrote:
Well i for one think Seb still has an awfull lot to prove myself !!
Today was nothing special, so he made one good move on a top 6 runner, and ?
He also had a lot of luck today with others retiring, and the safety car.
He is a good driver, time will tell if he is great.

The only one retiring in front of him was Schumacher, who was two laps away from being overtaken by Vettel anyway. Vettel was 0.7s behind Hamilton when he pitted, who in turn was unable to overtake Vettel in 22 laps, despite having a 10kph higher top speed and DRS. The facts counter your argument.

The point iam making is this race done nothing to show Seb is the best in the buisness. The only real work he had to do was rosberg, thats it, so we learnt what about Seb today ? Nothing is what.

That entirely depends on what you feel you need to learn about Vettel. There are still people saying he can't overtake, crumbles under pressure, can't perform in a slower car, etc. People that are still desillusional like that, should consider themselves to have learned something today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:21 pm 

A fantastic drive from 6th to 2nd. But I'm a long time fan who never required "proof" of anything. I don't even understand that idea... If a driver makes it into F1 and succeeds, then you have all the proof you need. I am also a fan of Perez and I don't sit around making up scenarios for him to achieve in order for him to prove himself. That is farcical to me - and simply an excuse to not recognize brilliance - even when it is right before one's eyes.

Yeah, I need proof that a driver can make 15 poles in 1 season before I can say he is 'great' or even 'good' or a 'racer' :lol: Oh there is only 1 driver who has done that? Well what do you know? How do you like that? I guess there is one great and good real racer on the grid - just my luck! LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
A fantastic drive from 6th to 2nd. But I'm a long time fan who never required "proof" of anything. I don't even understand that idea... If a driver makes it into F1 and succeeds, then you have all the proof you need. I am also a fan of Perez and I don't sit around making up scenarios for him to achieve in order for him to prove himself. That is farcical to me - and simply an excuse to not recognize brilliance - even when it is right before one's eyes.

Yeah, I need proof that a driver can make 15 poles in 1 season before I can say he is 'great' or even 'good' or a 'racer' :lol: Oh there is only 1 driver who has done that? Well what do you know? How do you like that? I guess there is one great and good real racer on the grid - just my luck! LOL.

But he needed more races to beat the previous record ;)

As for brilliant drive. Where does that come from? 2 in front of him went backwards off the start. One DNF'd due to mechanical issues and he had to pass one car on track.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 am 

Johnston wrote:
As for brilliant drive. Where does that come from? 2 in front of him went backwards off the start. One DNF'd due to mechanical issues and he had to pass one car on track.

It's up to you if you think it's not brilliant. In my opinion it is brilliant. The 2 going backwards means they failed yesterday. And the DNF is not a reason why he couldn't move farther to the front, it was only a matter of time before he overtook MSC, give him 2 more laps and MSC's tyres had worn out. Vettel did the maximum that he could, that's brilliant for me. Passing an equal car (or even faster at that early stage) very cleanly is also brilliant for me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 am 

Johnny Z wrote:
Obviously, yes he is a worthy champion. McLaren were easily the best car today and he still managed to beat Hamilton. Vettel got some help for a timely safety car that just came out only seconds after Hamilton pitted behind Button, but Hamlton had 16 laps to pass Vettel for 2nd and he couldn't get it done. Vettel gets results and he did so today with a car that wasn't perfect as in year's past. This should be a fun year. Webber looked racy as well today.

yep