planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5423
Location: Michigan, USA
mds wrote:
Quote:
Anyway he sounds a thoroughly deplorable individual. Let's hope we've seen the last of him in a racing car. I highly doubt Trident will take him back following his ban.

I guess he'll find a seat in the USA.

Hopefully not. It's not like Trump-style hatred is universally popular here, either. Many teams would consider him a PR liability now.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 2891
Exediron wrote:
mds wrote:
Quote:
Anyway he sounds a thoroughly deplorable individual. Let's hope we've seen the last of him in a racing car. I highly doubt Trident will take him back following his ban.

I guess he'll find a seat in the USA.

Hopefully not. It's not like Trump-style hatred is universally popular here, either. Many teams would consider him a PR liability now.


BIB: the thing is, it isn't like he's got a phenomenal (or even halfway decent) junior resume to fall back on. Teams aren't going to be looking at him and seeing a talented kid who has made a mistake, something they could put down to his age/lack of maturity, who needs someone to give him a second chance; they're going to see someone who has shown no pace and (as Exediron says) is a liability on top of that.

Then again if he had enough $$$ to get the development role at Haas, chances are he's got enough $$$ to smooth over any concerns some teams may have.

_________________
Cheering for: Leclerc, Hulkenberg, Vandoorne
Pick 10 | 1st x1, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 10th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 2325
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
IT IS OFFICIAL:

SANTI OUT OF TRIDENT.

www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2018 ... -contract/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 744
Can't say I'm surprised..

No way Haas can keep him on surely?

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g515UO-v6Dw

Sounds like an extremely silly boy. His comments and apology show a lot. He's been racing since forever, he should know better


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5423
Location: Michigan, USA
What a tool. Glad to see the last of him.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2406
Location: England
There's a question about him in Miller's Mailbag on Racer.com this week. I don't know what I found more disheartening, the fact that someone was asking if could race in Indycar while suspended, and if he could then why not get him in, or the reply from Miller that he didn't see any reason why not (although the way its worded, this may have just been in relation to the suspension from F2... I hope so). I'd suggest punting your teamate off with premeditation might put a team off, and thats before you get into the 'alleged' racism that he and his father have been accused of.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 1st | 2 Podiums | 1 Win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 890
Exediron wrote:
What a tool. Glad to see the last of him.


No sir, tools are useful! This guy was just a douche

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5423
Location: Michigan, USA
Mayhem wrote:
Exediron wrote:
What a tool. Glad to see the last of him.

No sir, tools are useful! This guy was just a douche

:thumbup:

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 am
Posts: 579
Location: Michigan, USA
Well, hopefully that's the last we'll see of him, and good riddance. I can't imagine that Haas will want to keep him on in any capacity after that, especially considering how stunningly mediocre his accomplishments to date were.

Flash2k11 wrote:
There's a question about him in Miller's Mailbag on Racer.com this week. I don't know what I found more disheartening, the fact that someone was asking if could race in Indycar while suspended, and if he could then why not get him in, or the reply from Miller that he didn't see any reason why not (although the way its worded, this may have just been in relation to the suspension from F2... I hope so). I'd suggest punting your teamate off with premeditation might put a team off, and thats before you get into the 'alleged' racism that he and his father have been accused of.

Both are fairly disheartening, yes.

_________________
Top Three: 7 wins, 21 podiums | 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th] | 2018: 9th [7th]
Pick 10: 1 win, 7 podiums | 2016: 22nd | 2017: 21st | 2018: 3rd
Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 9 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 10th | 2018: 10th


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kleefton, sandman1347, Toby. and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group