planetf1.com

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:23 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: The Baku Chaos Theory
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
We all know that Hamilton basically destroyed his race when he destroyed his first set of tyres with his lock up, but this actually triggered a series of events which lead him to winning the race.

First of all when he pitted for new tyres he came out in front of Verstappen, Verstappen had managed to pull a 3.2s gap to Ricciardo but then got held up for a few laps behind Hamilton as he struggled with warm up issues with his new tyres.

This allowed Ricciardo to get into DRS range of Verstappen and lead to the battle that ended up with them crashing into one another and bringing out the SC, which then lead to Vettel misjudging the restart locking up, damaging his tyres and falling back to 4th place, then Bottas whilst in the lead running over debris puncturing his rear tyre and retiring from the race, without the SC Hamilton was never going to win the race.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22168
so basically what you are saying is that the stewards were wrong to split the blame between Ricciardo and Verstappen and they should have penalized Hamilton instead? :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5819
Ok, I don't get it, so what are you saying here then Poker?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 745
Location: UK
Isn't this an example of the "butterfly effect" that is that the time of formation of a tornado and the path taken by it can be influenced by minor changes such as the flapping of a butterfly's wings several weeks earlier.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 am
Posts: 1559
I think whats trying to be said is that it was all part of Lewis' plan and he is next tier driving god compared to Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Stewart, Hill (both) and Sterling Moss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5819
stevey wrote:
I think whats trying to be said is that it was all part of Lewis' plan and he is next tier driving god compared to Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Stewart, Hill (both) and Sterling Moss

So just below Fangio?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7078
Location: Belgium
Siao7 wrote:
stevey wrote:
I think whats trying to be said is that it was all part of Lewis' plan and he is next tier driving god compared to Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Stewart, Hill (both) and Sterling Moss

So just below Fangio?
Fangio and Clark, this is about chaos after all! :-D

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
Zoue wrote:
so basically what you are saying is that the stewards were wrong to split the blame between Ricciardo and Verstappen and they should have penalized Hamilton instead? :twisted:

Alas Hamilton was far too cunning. :)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
Siao7 wrote:
Ok, I don't get it, so what are you saying here then Poker?

Actually Option or Prime corrected me it's more an example of the butterfly effect.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
Option or Prime wrote:
Isn't this an example of the "butterfly effect" that is that the time of formation of a tornado and the path taken by it can be influenced by minor changes such as the flapping of a butterfly's wings several weeks earlier.

That's the one although wouldn't the Chaos Theory be similar?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
stevey wrote:
I think whats trying to be said is that it was all part of Lewis' plan and he is next tier driving god compared to Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Stewart, Hill (both) and Sterling Moss

Or more of a better version of Dick Dastardly as all of his cunning plans went wrong? :)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5819
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Ok, I don't get it, so what are you saying here then Poker?

Actually Option or Prime corrected me it's more an example of the butterfly effect.

Oh, ok! I didn't see where this was going in the first post!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 1261
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm
Posts: 971
pokerman wrote:
without the SC Hamilton was never going to win the race.


I love people who think the can predict outcomes for a typical unpredictable race. If one car doesn't create a safety car.. some one else can.. it was coming..

You never know what might have happened and that's why it was a good race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2620
Location: Perth, Australia
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.


Hence the expression ''Keep your hair on".

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 83
Yes, a case of under performing or making a mistake and it ultimately aiding you to win. Similarly if Vettel had qualified ahead of Kimi in Australia, he likely wouldn't have won that race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
Teddy007 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
without the SC Hamilton was never going to win the race.


I love people who think the can predict outcomes for a typical unpredictable race. If one car doesn't create a safety car.. some one else can.. it was coming..

You never know what might have happened and that's why it was a good race.

Who was predicting the outcome, I think you miss the point of the thread a driver makes a mistake which triggers a series of events that allows him to win a race he was never going to win.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 372
Didn't Lewis win in a similar manner by hitting the wall in Monaco in 2008? Pitting early allowed him to go long

I can see why he uses these powers sparingly so as not to attract attention :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am
Posts: 252
The ability of Hamilton to read a race to such a level would not even be admitted by his doubters. Realising that destroying your tyres and pitting could put you in a position to ensure there would be debris on the track that would put you ahead of Bottas is just incredible skill in reading the race situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
jiminwatford wrote:
Didn't Lewis win in a similar manner by hitting the wall in Monaco in 2008? Pitting early allowed him to go long

I can see why he uses these powers sparingly so as not to attract attention :D

Yeah I remember that now although it that case it didn't trigger a series of lucky events.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25374
iano wrote:
The ability of Hamilton to read a race to such a level would not even be admitted by his doubters. Realising that destroying your tyres and pitting could put you in a position to ensure there would be debris on the track that would put you ahead of Bottas is just incredible skill in reading the race situation.

Nice sarcasm but I think you totally missed the point.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 3141
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Covalent, Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group