planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:12 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: F1 TV App Now Available!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5303
https://www.formula1.com/en/subscribe-t ... ccess.html

It's here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 281
Location: Stratford
Has anyone got this yet? Interested to know if historic races archive is just highlights or the full races?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Chicago
I signed up for the annual pass. Dont see anything posted yet for seasons prior to 2000. Which is bs. Hoping they're gonna correct that soon. Gives you the option to scroll all the way back to 1980 but no videos posted yet.
Wondering if I jumped the gun in paying for a year upfront.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5303
I could've sworn I remembered reading that the app would allow you to watch races from the drivers' onboard cams. Not sure if that feature is available at launch from the looks of things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5180
Nice to see they've made different services for those of us who can't watch live (or even replays, thanks Sky!).

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Chicago
No app on the US App Store yet. Hopefully sometime soon but as of now it’s just website based.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 2980
JN23 wrote:
Has anyone got this yet? Interested to know if historic races archive is just highlights or the full races?


Curious about this too, and exactly how (if at all) the archive differs from country to country.

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x1, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 10th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:25 pm
Posts: 305
... seems like the email I received is advertising a glorified version of the race tracker + past video content library.

The FAQ indicates TV Access Pro has the On Boards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 504
ohwell wrote:
I signed up for the annual pass. Dont see anything posted yet for seasons prior to 2000. Which is bs. Hoping they're gonna correct that soon. Gives you the option to scroll all the way back to 1980 but no videos posted yet.
Wondering if I jumped the gun in paying for a year upfront.

I get back to 1950 shown in the menu, but only races from around 2000 available. Not all races in some years yet either so hoping they get these up soonish.
In UK so it's no use for live stuff...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Perth, Australia
Any idea what F1 Pro is compared F1 TV access?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 am
Posts: 965
The F1 TV pro is not available in my country.
Forgive me if this is a silly question,
but what happens if i select say Venezuela?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5730
Location: Michigan, USA
AravJ wrote:
The F1 TV pro is not available in my country.
Forgive me if this is a silly question,
but what happens if i select say Venezuela?

Without going into anything I think is banned territory on this forum, the service is supposed to have built-in safeguards to prevent you from spoofing your country. If you select Venezuela and you have a UK internet, I expect it won't work.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5730
Location: Michigan, USA
Is anybody else using this right now? It's very choppy for me on the main broadcast, but smooth every time I go to the onboards...

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5180
Toby. wrote:
Any idea what F1 Pro is compared F1 TV access?

https://www.formula1.com/en/subscribe-to-f1-tv-pro.html

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5303
Has anyone been able to stream this with a smart TV or using some device hooked directly into their TV like a PS4 or something?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4798
Exediron wrote:
Is anybody else using this right now? It's very choppy for me on the main broadcast, but smooth every time I go to the onboards...

A commenter on the Jalopnik article yesterday said that you can't have both track audio (car noise and team radio) and commentary at the same time. Is that what you're finding? The poster on the other article said he confirmed it through customer support.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2857
I've signed up in the UK, went monthly as I wasn't sure what I'd get for the £££.

Annoyingly, when you're logged in it takes you to the F1 TV player and implies you can watch, you hit play and it takes you through the purchase process again then says you've already got a subscription.

As I understand, the TV isn't available in the UK, only the archive, so they could at least have a "live streaming not available in your region" message instead of sending people in loops.

And the archive seems to start at 1998. I guess most stuff previously needs to be digitized. Hopefully, there's a plan to do that otherwise there's no point in having it for more than a few months in the UK.

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Last edited by Seanie on Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6294
Seanie wrote:
I've signed up in the UK, went monthly as I wasn't sure what I'd get for the £££.

Annoyingly, when you're logged in it takes you to the F1 TV player and implies you can watch, you hit play and it takes you through the purchase process again then says you've already got a subscription.

As I understand, the TV isn't available in the UK, only the archive, so they could at least have a "live streaming not available in your region" message instead of sending people in loops.


They don't have the pro in the UK yet, only the access one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2857
Siao7 wrote:
Seanie wrote:
I've signed up in the UK, went monthly as I wasn't sure what I'd get for the £££.

Annoyingly, when you're logged in it takes you to the F1 TV player and implies you can watch, you hit play and it takes you through the purchase process again then says you've already got a subscription.

As I understand, the TV isn't available in the UK, only the archive, so they could at least have a "live streaming not available in your region" message instead of sending people in loops.


They don't have the pro in the UK yet, only the access one.

Yeah, I worked that out.

It's just odd that there's no message when logged in, why show content you can't access. Most streaming platforms would not show it / would have a not available message. As it right now it sends you through the purchase process again.

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6294
Seanie wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Seanie wrote:
I've signed up in the UK, went monthly as I wasn't sure what I'd get for the £££.

Annoyingly, when you're logged in it takes you to the F1 TV player and implies you can watch, you hit play and it takes you through the purchase process again then says you've already got a subscription.

As I understand, the TV isn't available in the UK, only the archive, so they could at least have a "live streaming not available in your region" message instead of sending people in loops.


They don't have the pro in the UK yet, only the access one.

Yeah, I worked that out.

It's just odd that there's no message when logged in, why show content you can't access. Most streaming platforms would not show it / would have a not available message. As it right now it sends you through the purchase process again.


True. I decided against it in the end, since it is not live streaning, replays you can get afterwards anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2857
I canceled already, the archive isn't comprehensive enough to warrant paying for it without any live content or recent replays.

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Chicago
sandman1347 wrote:
Has anyone been able to stream this with a smart TV or using some device hooked directly into their TV like a PS4 or something?


Tried using airplay with my Apple TV and iPhone. Didn’t work very well. Kept pausing a few seconds in. Very annoying. I get that it isn’t how it’s meant to work for now but still. Hopefully they come out with an app that supports chrome cast or something soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5303
ohwell wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Has anyone been able to stream this with a smart TV or using some device hooked directly into their TV like a PS4 or something?


Tried using airplay with my Apple TV and iPhone. Didn’t work very well. Kept pausing a few seconds in. Very annoying. I get that it isn’t how it’s meant to work for now but still. Hopefully they come out with an app that supports chrome cast or something soon.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm not gonna pull the trigger just yet. As soon as I can use it and it alone for F1, I will go for it. I intend to cancel some things from my cable service once I get this but I need to be able to just watch it on my TV and have access to all of the features.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8055
I got it today, but am most disappointed with the content.
As Seanie said, there is no TV coverage just a message saying it is not available in my area (yet????)

Then again, it was only £18 for the year, so cannot complain as long as it keeps improving (went for 'special offer' then was offered 'Specialer still offer' :lol: )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 1213
Yay! This looks totally brilliant! I’m definitely going to sign up right now!

Oh wait a minute….. It looks like that, even though I’ve watched F1 avidly for 35+ years, even though I have invested my valuable time into following F1, even though I live in the country where F1 originated, and even though I live in Chirnside and my Mum was good pals with Jim Clark’s sister, it nevertheless seems that I will soon no longer be able to watch F1!

Oh well, I guess that F1 is getting soooo ‘good’ that it is just not for the likes of me anymore.

I suppose I might come back to F1 at some point in the future (5 years or whatever) – rather than perhaps finding something better to do with my Sunday afternoons! :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23679
Biffa wrote:
Yay! This looks totally brilliant! I’m definitely going to sign up right now!

Oh wait a minute….. It looks like that, even though I’ve watched F1 avidly for 35+ years, even though I have invested my valuable time into following F1, even though I live in the country where F1 originated, and even though I live in Chirnside and my Mum was good pals with Jim Clark’s sister, it nevertheless seems that I will soon no longer be able to watch F1!

Oh well, I guess that F1 is getting soooo ‘good’ that it is just not for the likes of me anymore.

I suppose I might come back to F1 at some point in the future (5 years or whatever) – rather than perhaps finding something better to do with my Sunday afternoons! :twisted:

You can watch it through SKY via TV Now. It's a good, usually reliable feed. No contract needed.

F1 can't just ignore existing contracts. SKY have exclusive rights, which they bought and paid for, in the UK. Ziggo have them in the Netherlands. Presumably RTL have them in Germany. It's unrealistic to expect F1's new service not to take these into account


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Chicago
Horrible service during the qualifying session. Didn't start until after a few minutes into q1. Kept buffering like hell all through the end of q3. What a solid job they've done. /s.
Useless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:21 am
Posts: 460
Quote:
As the official connectivity partner of F1®, we're relentless in our pursuit of innovation. Whether it's hosting critical IT infrastructure, enabling remote operations or pioneering new broadcast technology, Tata Communications is helping make the spectacle of Formula 1®, spectacular for its half a billion fans around the world. Over the course of 118 Grands Prix and counting, we've delivered flawless broadcast media for millions of fans, introduced 36x faster connectivity at every race and successfully tested the first ever feed with no time lag between live broadcast and footage viewed on a second-screen app. To see how we can deliver this kind of connected excellence for your business, get in touch.


https://www.tatacommunications.com/sports/formula-1/

:lol:

_________________
I know what I'm talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23679
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 3372
Zoue wrote:
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1



I wish I had seen this before I decided to spend 90 dollars this morning in an attempt to watch the race from someone's onboard camera.
The feed started out very choppy, very low quality video and then it stopped working completely. Needless to say I feel I should get a full refund, not a partial one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1001
Thats why its never the best idea to jump on board with brand new tech. Its a great idea and im sure it will be stellar once it gets sorted out but the first faze being initially the "beta" will keave people with a sour taste.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23679
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1



I wish I had seen this before I decided to spend 90 dollars this morning in an attempt to watch the race from someone's onboard camera.
The feed started out very choppy, very low quality video and then it stopped working completely. Needless to say I feel I should get a full refund, not a partial one.

well, to be fair a two-week refund would be more than a full refund, if they fixed it after this race!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 3372
Zoue wrote:
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1



I wish I had seen this before I decided to spend 90 dollars this morning in an attempt to watch the race from someone's onboard camera.
The feed started out very choppy, very low quality video and then it stopped working completely. Needless to say I feel I should get a full refund, not a partial one.

well, to be fair a two-week refund would be more than a full refund, if they fixed it after this race!


I paid for the whole year. Even if they do fix the buffering issues, the video is still too low of a quality to justify paying that much imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 3372
Mayhem wrote:
Thats why its never the best idea to jump on board with brand new tech. Its a great idea and im sure it will be stellar once it gets sorted out but the first faze being initially the "beta" will keave people with a sour taste.


It's going to take them very long to sort it out imo. The thing just feels and looks very low tech, like something from the mid nineties to be honest. Noone in their right mind should pay that much for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23679
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1



I wish I had seen this before I decided to spend 90 dollars this morning in an attempt to watch the race from someone's onboard camera.
The feed started out very choppy, very low quality video and then it stopped working completely. Needless to say I feel I should get a full refund, not a partial one.

well, to be fair a two-week refund would be more than a full refund, if they fixed it after this race!


I paid for the whole year. Even if they do fix the buffering issues, the video is still too low of a quality to justify paying that much imo.

I fully agree with you if the issues last. But if they fix it after this weekend, as they clearly hope they will, then you will have had a full refund. 8)

Of course, if they keep having issues then I'd expect them to offer further compensation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 1447
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1



I wish I had seen this before I decided to spend 90 dollars this morning in an attempt to watch the race from someone's onboard camera.
The feed started out very choppy, very low quality video and then it stopped working completely. Needless to say I feel I should get a full refund, not a partial one.

well, to be fair a two-week refund would be more than a full refund, if they fixed it after this race!


I paid for the whole year. Even if they do fix the buffering issues, the video is still too low of a quality to justify paying that much imo.


This is similar to what I think about NowTV really. If you get the offer from the official nowtv site, you pay £7.99 for just 24 hours. And the quality isn't full HD. Come on, even the BBC and other channels did some stuff on freeview back in 2009 (nearly 10 years ago!) that was 1080i or 1080p. NowTV is clearly a step down in image quality when comparing to freeview HD. If this app is poor too, about the only option of getting a very good picture while watching F1 live in the UK in 2019 will be getting Sky sports on cable, which to me seems extortionately expensive. Even if you apparently save money by getting just one sports channel (something like £18 a month rather than £30 ish), I have seen that you must be a sky customer, which only adds a whole lot more to the cost. There just doesn't seem to be a cheap reliable way to get good quality coverage on nowTV when comparing it to freeview HD. I don't know what I'm going to do next year when sky exclusively take over uk coverage.

I might do similar to what you have done with the F1 app, only with nowTV and basically get their 9 month deal if they doing it and have to hope they improve the image quality. I mean since 4k is available now on sky cable, why would even the basic paytv look worse than Freeview? Do they not have the technology around to get at least full HD? I've been using a dirt cheap freeview HD box (cost around the same as my nowtv box) and every HD channel looks better than when I watch an F1 race on skyf1. Then NowTV often buffers too. This just feels wrong to me and looks like the F1 app is poor too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5730
Location: Michigan, USA
Does anyone know when they're going to add the ability to watch F2? I distinctly remember that F2 was supposed to be part of the package, but I haven't heard anything about it.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 3372
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
F1TV are aware of the issues and will be refunding people because of it. They don't think it will be fixed today:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/05/13/inside-line-f1-tv-black-screen-and-forever-initialising/

Hello,

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately, we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1



I wish I had seen this before I decided to spend 90 dollars this morning in an attempt to watch the race from someone's onboard camera.
The feed started out very choppy, very low quality video and then it stopped working completely. Needless to say I feel I should get a full refund, not a partial one.

well, to be fair a two-week refund would be more than a full refund, if they fixed it after this race!


I paid for the whole year. Even if they do fix the buffering issues, the video is still too low of a quality to justify paying that much imo.


This is similar to what I think about NowTV really. If you get the offer from the official nowtv site, you pay £7.99 for just 24 hours. And the quality isn't full HD. Come on, even the BBC and other channels did some stuff on freeview back in 2009 (nearly 10 years ago!) that was 1080i or 1080p. NowTV is clearly a step down in image quality when comparing to freeview HD. If this app is poor too, about the only option of getting a very good picture while watching F1 live in the UK in 2019 will be getting Sky sports on cable, which to me seems extortionately expensive. Even if you apparently save money by getting just one sports channel (something like £18 a month rather than £30 ish), I have seen that you must be a sky customer, which only adds a whole lot more to the cost. There just doesn't seem to be a cheap reliable way to get good quality coverage on nowTV when comparing it to freeview HD. I don't know what I'm going to do next year when sky exclusively take over uk coverage.

I might do similar to what you have done with the F1 app, only with nowTV and basically get their 9 month deal if they doing it and have to hope they improve the image quality. I mean since 4k is available now on sky cable, why would even the basic paytv look worse than Freeview? Do they not have the technology around to get at least full HD? I've been using a dirt cheap freeview HD box (cost around the same as my nowtv box) and every HD channel looks better than when I watch an F1 race on skyf1. Then NowTV often buffers too. This just feels wrong to me and looks like the F1 app is poor too.


Exactly. We are in 2018. I expect 720p or more to be the norm as far as streaming videos. The F1 app is far from that. I am gonna try and get a hold of them today and try to get my full refund.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5303
It looks like it will take a few more weeks for them to get the app to a feature-complete state. Both in terms of picture quality and content, the app is not ready yet. Seems a bit odd really as this is a fairly copy-paste type of application. There are numerous comparable apps out there already. I can't fathom what is taking their dev team so long. Ok, the incorporation of the onboard cams might be a bit new and innovative but you'd think they would have had a smoother vanilla product launch. I'm not impressed to be blunt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8055
Things moving on a-pace!! I can now get last years race highlights :D For what I paid I think I will stick it out and see what happens.

Edit

I also have highlights of Azerbaijan this year. Things are looking up


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Junglist, Lotus49, Lt. Drebin, pokerman and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group