planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1277
Jinx wrote:
Kovalainen’s F1-career in a period of darkness

Translated by Nicole
F1 | Turun Sanomat 22.11.2012 22:24
Heikki Kovalainen will drive his F1-career’s 109th GP on Sunday. It looks like it might be his last race. At least the contract with Caterham isn’t even a bit closer than it has been earlier... continue reading by clicking on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1086

I'm not even sorry to say that I couldn't really care less if he left. He's where he is due to his ability. Good drivers generate money for the team with their performance, such as Alonso and Raikkonen have.
His last four races in a McLaren were 7th, 11th, 12th & 11th, while his team-mate got a win, two 3rds, and a retirement from 2nd. Jenson has proven that driving alongside Hamilton needn't be a career killer.
The Finns will have Bottas to cheer on as a replacement next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 am
Posts: 1006
bbobeckyj wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Kovalainen’s F1-career in a period of darkness

Translated by Nicole
F1 | Turun Sanomat 22.11.2012 22:24
Heikki Kovalainen will drive his F1-career’s 109th GP on Sunday. It looks like it might be his last race. At least the contract with Caterham isn’t even a bit closer than it has been earlier... continue reading by clicking on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1086

I'm not even sorry to say that I couldn't really care less if he left. He's where he is due to his ability. Good drivers generate money for the team with their performance, such as Alonso and Raikkonen have.
His last four races in a McLaren were 7th, 11th, 12th & 11th, while his team-mate got a win, two 3rds, and a retirement from 2nd. Jenson has proven that driving alongside Hamilton needn't be a career killer.
The Finns will have Bottas to cheer on as a replacement next year.


Totally agreed. Kovalainen has absolutely no one to blame for his fail. Starts off with Renault and then immediately gets his shot in a McLaren for 2 years. I only know Hamilton who arguably had it easier. But even he had the pressure of driving for a top team against a champion teammate. Kovalainen could afford to take some time to get up to speed in a midfield car. He blew it !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
Kimi having an engine problem... I say change it today instead of trying to fix it.... avoid penalty, or worse, it lets go in race


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 8051
Hakkattack wrote:
Kimi having an engine problem... I say change it today instead of trying to fix it.... avoid penalty, or worse, it lets go in race

they might not have much of a choice. Last race of the season - who knows what state the other engines are in?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
From the live timing at planet sport

11:03 The bodywork has again been stripped off Raikkonen's car as Karthikeyan sets a time, leaving the Finn as the only driver who has not set a time.
10:58 Raikkonen is back in the pits as "we still have the engine problem
10:56 Raikkonen heads out. This is only his fourth lap of the morning after an engine issue.

Anybody who's watching have a clue what is up?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1277
No one knows the problem yet. Not even the team apparently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
bbobeckyj wrote:
No one knows the problem yet. Not even the team apparently.


Keep us updated! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
11:19 Raikkonen is finally lapping and is 21st on his first timed lap but is held up by Hamilton on his second so fails to improve.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 8051
Santuri9 wrote:
11:19 Raikkonen is finally lapping and is 21st on his first timed lap but is held up by Hamilton on his second so fails to improve.

yeah lewis was a little bit naughty and blocked him a couple of times :-|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
At least it wasn't canada :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
So no news on Kimi's engine yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1153
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
SnoWhite wrote:
i can see that You boys are saying lot of bull..... about Lotus and Kimis salary.Thing is that Genii counted Raikkonan on about 100 pts in WDC, he is now over 200, Robertsons have put clausule in his contract witch says 100 grands per pts. He was planed to be payd 15 mln, 5 mln plus 10 for points, but they came up short cause it is 20 mln 4 points.What can they do??? Raikkonen will not drive 4 Lotus next year


Red Bull is that you?

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 8051
has anyone else noticed that Kimi has nearly overtaken Alonso as the driver with the greatest relative points gap to his team mate in the top teams? Massa has 41% of Alonso's points, while Grosjean has only 46% of Kimi's total. Both pretty teling gaps 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
Zoue wrote:
has anyone else noticed that Kimi has nearly overtaken Alonso as the driver with the greatest relative points gap to his team mate in the top teams? Massa has 41% of Alonso's points, while Grosjean has only 46% of Kimi's total. Both pretty teling gaps 8)


and Lotus has not made Grosjean take a 5 gridder yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Canada
Zoue wrote:
has anyone else noticed that Kimi has nearly overtaken Alonso as the driver with the greatest relative points gap to his team mate in the top teams? Massa has 41% of Alonso's points, while Grosjean has only 46% of Kimi's total. Both pretty teling gaps 8)


I noticed, but the media doesn't like to mention good things about Kimi because they all turned on him and now look foolish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
New Translations

Lopez has taken care of Räikkönen’s dues

Translated by Nicole
F1 | Turun Sanomat 23.11.2012 23:51
The speculations about Lotus-team’s problems to pay Kimi Räikkönen his due salary has stirred up a big sensation on the F1-paddock. Gerard Lopez assured to Turun Sanomat that Kimi has got his money.... to continue, please click on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1096


A payment arrangement over Kimi’s unpaid salaries

Translated by Nicole
23.11.2012

We didn’t expect Kimi to score so many points. That’s why Kimi became quite expensive to us.... to continue, please click on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1102

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Hakkattack wrote:
Zoue wrote:
has anyone else noticed that Kimi has nearly overtaken Alonso as the driver with the greatest relative points gap to his team mate in the top teams? Massa has 41% of Alonso's points, while Grosjean has only 46% of Kimi's total. Both pretty teling gaps 8)


and Lotus has not made Grosjean take a 5 gridder yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Lol, well, we Kimi fans all know that Alonso's hype is all Ferrari's doing. I have no doubt he's one of the best in the business though..


I mean he's being almost thrashed by Massa in the last 3-4 races and if it wasn't for Alonso's WDC critical situation he would've challenged him for position and according to Massa he could've beat Alonso..

We're talking about the ill Massa being faster and better than Alonso in what is proclaimed to be Alonso's best year in terms of driving.

Will we ever hear that Massa has beat Alonso like what we will keep hearing till the end of days with Kimi? No way in hell. Ferrari will never allow it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Jinx wrote:
New Translations

Lopez has taken care of Räikkönen’s dues

Translated by Nicole
F1 | Turun Sanomat 23.11.2012 23:51
The speculations about Lotus-team’s problems to pay Kimi Räikkönen his due salary has stirred up a big sensation on the F1-paddock. Gerard Lopez assured to Turun Sanomat that Kimi has got his money.... to continue, please click on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1096


A payment arrangement over Kimi’s unpaid salaries

Translated by Nicole
23.11.2012

We didn’t expect Kimi to score so many points. That’s why Kimi became quite expensive to us.... to continue, please click on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1102


Jinx, you're a legend, keep posting those articles for us please. I wish NCW was still with us


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
you're very welcome F1nsider! :D

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 151
i bet everyone didn't expect Kimi to be that good at the start of the season. :)

_________________
When in doubt, press F1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
dukieboy wrote:
i bet everyone didn't expect Kimi to be that good at the start of the season. :)

well even Lopez didn't, so...

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:34 pm
Posts: 265
I have to say that this year has connverted me to a Raikkonen fan. He just brings a personality that no one else brings as well as being mega quick. Hopefully with the better WCC positioning and added sponsors, Lotus can improve the car cause honestly the title next year will most likely be between Vettel, Alonso, Kimi and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 pm
Posts: 149
Engine blow up!! The mclaren days are back!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 8051
Can he change and get back out or will it take too long?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:07 pm
Posts: 380
Zoue wrote:
Can he change and get back out or will it take too long?


I don't think so :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 679
Zoue wrote:
Can he change and get back out or will it take too long?


Problem is the location of the car. Most stopped cars won't be able to be moved until the session is over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
Was he having a sleep there lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
so no grid penalty for Kimi then?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
Hakkattack wrote:
so no grid penalty for Kimi then?

i would quess that they would use 1 of the 8 engine so they dont get one.
we dont know yet prob find out in qualy

edit = but they may be better off to take new engine and see what he can do?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
regardless, Kimi missed most P1 and all of P3.... almost no running for him so far... Therefore he has not been able to set up his car at all. Saturday is the day he usually dials things in for himself for the most part


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 910
Location: Upsate NY, USA
His engine finally blew up after 20 weekends.
I was impressed how reliable the Renault engine has been, considering Kimi's past with destroying engines :lol:
But at least he won't get a penalty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
xECKSx58 wrote:
His engine finally blew up after 20 weekends.
I was impressed how reliable the Renault engine has been, considering Kimi's past with destroying engines :lol:
But at least he won't get a penalty.


Why no penalty? I thought that they can't change engines on Saturday to prevent teams from using different engines for testing and different engines for quali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 280
Location: Philippines
A2jdl wrote:

edit = but they may be better off to take new engine and see what he can do?


i also thought of that. use a new engine take a penalty hit, run the whole race on max revs, most potent mixture and see what happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
BlackSG5 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

edit = but they may be better off to take new engine and see what he can do?


i also thought of that. use a new engine take a penalty hit, run the whole race on max revs, most potent mixture and see what happens.


10 places is huge, given that Kimi will maximum put it on 7th place. It's not worth the risk of taking that penalty.

I'd say, if the penalty is avoidable as suggested, that they put in the lowest mileage engine and crank it up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
F1nsider wrote:
BlackSG5 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

edit = but they may be better off to take new engine and see what he can do?


i also thought of that. use a new engine take a penalty hit, run the whole race on max revs, most potent mixture and see what happens.


10 places is huge, given that Kimi will maximum put it on 7th place. It's not worth the risk of taking that penalty.

I'd say, if the penalty is avoidable as suggested, that they put in the lowest mileage engine and crank it up.

It would still be relatively old engine. I just thought he got nothing to lose and with new engine it's unlikely to go pop again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 910
Location: Upsate NY, USA
F1nsider wrote:
xECKSx58 wrote:
His engine finally blew up after 20 weekends.
I was impressed how reliable the Renault engine has been, considering Kimi's past with destroying engines :lol:
But at least he won't get a penalty.


Why no penalty? I thought that they can't change engines on Saturday to prevent teams from using different engines for testing and different engines for quali

I read they're using one of their 8 already used engines


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 84
@ESPNF1

The engine put in Kimi's car between sessions is the one he used in Abu Dhabi and US.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 3:53 pm
Posts: 537
Location: Masku
confirmed, using one of the other 8 so no penalty

_________________
2011 Winner of PF1's pick 10 competition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Ok guys. this is the last race of the season.. Let's focus all our positive energy now


GO KIMI..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:07 pm
Posts: 380
F1nsider wrote:
Ok guys. this is the last race of the season.. Let's focus all our positive energy now


GO KIMI..


:thumbup: :nod:

Go Kimi


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mcdo, mikeyg123, Rockie, shoot999, VDV23 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group