planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 am 

priestlysabbath wrote:
Kimi held on to third in WDC, but this means he has to travel to the awards. But what makes me feel better is that Kimi is still the last WDC for the red team.

Couldn't agree more with that sentiment. It is poetic justice for everything that happened. I hope Santander get +nothing+ for their investment in F1.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 am 

az1 wrote:
priestlysabbath wrote:
Kimi held on to third in WDC, but this means he has to travel to the awards. But what makes me feel better is that Kimi is still the last WDC for the red team.

Couldn't agree more with that sentiment. It is poetic justice for everything that happened. I hope Santander get +nothing+ for their investment in F1.

What? It's just a company...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 am 

Eva09 wrote:
az1 wrote:
priestlysabbath wrote:

What? It's just a company...

In 2008, they obviously presumed they could buy Alonso one or more championships by funding his path to Ferrari at the expense of then WDC Kimi.

It hasn't worked.

Not sure what you mean by "just a company" anyway? Are you suggesting a corporation can do no wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 am 

Brilliant year for Kimi... way to go Kimster... The win was gold!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 am 

Kimi far exceeded my expectation in his first season back in F1 - he is a fantastic driver and I love his personality. kimi brought back all the excitement I missed whilst he was away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 am 

I love the fact that Kimi is still Ferrari's last WDC.

I wish one day down the line someone from the big boys will tell us what actually happened, and an admission of their mistake to let Kimi go would be an icing on the cake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:15 am 

The best thing that Kimi was so determined from within to do well this season..I am hoping that Lotus produce a great car next year...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 am 

ANy website to buy some good Kimi merchandise? Especially that "I know what i am doing" T Shirt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:27 am 

Usman wrote:
ANy website to buy some good Kimi merchandise? Especially that "I know what i am doing" T Shirt

as an example http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/what/m ... istonheads

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 pm 

Two new translations from Nicole

Calm before the storm http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1108

and

Great day for Houvinen http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1105

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 pm 

az1 wrote:
priestlysabbath wrote:

Same here.

Brazil was an atrocious race for Lotus. I hope the E21 is better in the wet. Two questions:

What's up with Kimi's helmet problems in the wet?
Why on earth did Lotus bring Kimi in for intermediate tyres after 5 laps?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:16 pm 

Denorth wrote:
Usman wrote:

as an example http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/what/m ... istonheads

I bought this and wore it for the final race with my friend :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300814238201?va ... 1497.l2649

The print is dark though, but it was fun :)

Also check this out - http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIMI-RAIKKONEN- ... 6222513%26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:16 pm 

I think its clear kimi did not have time to set up the car to his liking over the weekend. Clearly the lap 5 change was a gamble that did not pay off.

Raz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm 

mccormickja wrote:
az1 wrote:
priestlysabbath wrote:

Same here.

Brazil was an atrocious race for Lotus. I hope the E21 is better in the wet. Two questions:

What's up with Kimi's helmet problems in the wet?

The helmet issue is weird.

Their setup was bad for the race, given no practice time due to ignition problem on friday and blown engine on saturday.
I think they gambled and lost.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:08 pm 

As you saw with RG the car is not well suited to changeable conditions. I feel the E20 wasn't near as good as the media would have you believe. It was near the top 3 on hot tracks, the rest of the time it was upper mid pack, yet Kimi gets 3rd which is quite an achievement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:13 pm 

Razoola wrote:
I think its clear kimi did not have time to set up the car to his liking over the weekend. Clearly the lap 5 change was a gamble that did not pay off.

Raz

Lap 5 pit stop = Malaysia 2009

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:
Their setup was bad for the race, given no practice time due to ignition problem on friday and blown engine on saturday.

Sammydj wrote:
As you saw with RG the car is not well suited to changeable conditions. I feel the E20 wasn't near as good as the media would have you believe. It was near the top 3 on hot tracks, the rest of the time it was upper mid pack, yet Kimi gets 3rd which is quite an achievement.

Yeah, I guess it's pretty obvious in hindsight. Kimi's pit stop calls were absolutely atrociously timed in Brazil.

To be honest though I really don't think he cared, partly as the E20 is fundamentally poor in the rain and he pretty much wanted Hamilton to come 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:43 pm 

Kudos to the Kimi fans on their man doing so well in his first year back.

I actually had no idea he finished every race this year. That's a neat footnote to add to his Abu Dhabi win + 3rd place overall in the WDC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:21 pm 

mccormickja wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:

Sammydj wrote:

Yeah, I guess it's pretty obvious in hindsight. Kimi's pit stop calls were absolutely atrociously timed in Brazil.

To be honest though I really don't think he cared, partly as the E20 is fundamentally poor in the rain and he pretty much wanted Hamilton to come 3rd.

Well he wants to win and would certainly not lose the third to anyone really. He does not like to be there for the third because that is not really winning. Don't read his words to exactly. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 pm 

Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:01 pm 

SnoWhite wrote:

Lololololol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 pm 

SnoWhite wrote:

when was this? lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm 

SnoWhite wrote:

he's the angry agent 47.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm 

sivapc wrote:
SnoWhite wrote:

he's the angry agent 47.

Yeah, penny for his thoughts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 pm 

kimisdabest wrote:
SnoWhite wrote:

when was this? lol

Right after this- Interlagos 2012

Last edited by SnoWhite on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:37 pm 

mccormickja wrote:

He was losing places like crazy at the start. I'd wager his tires were badly flatspotted after his off in turn 1 to avoid Vettel. There was a TON of smoke.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 pm 

Shiva wrote:
IF !!! Ferrari had paid Kimi another year off F1, then Alonso would have been WDC.
Alonso lost his title to Kimi in Abu Dhabi.
Ahhhh...sweet taste of justice.They just didnt paid enough.
Ferrari had the best car overall in the season imho, Lotus were behind 6 cars, still Kimi finished third.
Leave him alone. He knows what he is doing.

:] :] :]

kimi did contribute to costing alonso the championship - !!!!!

failed to overtake vettel for the win with that one clear chance at bahrain in a faster car - but kept alonso at bay for the win at abu dhabi in a slower car - ( esp at the restart with everyone expecting alonso to take kimi - but he comes up with a quali lap out of hell )

did not get shoved off the track by alonso in japan resulting in alonso crashing out - but maniacally slammed on his brakes and drove right off the circuit to avoid crashing into vettel at brazil - he was within inches of taking out vettel

way to go - santander money !!!

Last edited by carlysronnin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 pm 

maninblack wrote:
Kudos to the Kimi fans on their man doing so well in his first year back.

I actually had no idea he finished every race this year. That's a neat footnote to add to his Abu Dhabi win + 3rd place overall in the WDC.

Well said Sir :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 pm 

Hey guys. What a thriller that was. I finished my usual Kimi-centered race review. Although there was naturally a lot of focus on the title contenders. I put up some nailbiting pictures of myself and the wife for good measure ;)

Vettel Makes It 3 In a Row and Kimi Takes 3rd In The WDC: http://f1bias.com/2012/11/26/vettel-makes-3-in-a-row-and-kimi-takes-third/

Le blog: http://f1bias.com/

Kimi fans on FB: http://www.facebook.com/groups/kimifanclub/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 pm 

kimi used to be the fastest 05-07. but he has lost speed, he is consistent but that blistering pace has gone now. if alonso/hammy/vettel were in that lotus they would have won at least 3 races this season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm 

carlysronnin wrote:
Shiva wrote:
IF !!! Ferrari had paid Kimi another year off F1, then Alonso would have been WDC.
Ferrari had the best car overall in the season imho, Lotus were behind 6 cars, still Kimi finished third.

failed to overtake vettel for the win with that one clear chance at bahrain in a faster car - but kept alonso at bay for the win at abu dhabi in a slower car - ( esp at the restart with everyone expecting alonso to take kimi - but he comes up with a quali lap out of hell )

did not get shoved off the track by alonso in japan resulting in alonso crashing out - but maniacally slammed on his brakes and drove right off the circuit to avoid crashing into vettel at brazil - he was within inches of taking out vettel

this is why i dont like kimi anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 pm 

this made me laugh. I don't know if anyone has already posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bG7 ... =endscreen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 am 

diablof1 wrote:
kimi used to be the fastest 05-07. but he has lost speed, he is consistent but that blistering pace has gone now. if alonso/hammy/vettel were in that lotus they would have won at least 3 races this season.

wasnt kimi fault that the team didnt win more.

In bahrain - Didnt get romain out of the way faster, soft tyre gone
- Didnt perform undercut Vet, instead pit kimi on same lap as vet with much slower pit stop

In Hungary - well, even if kimi qualify well, his kers will still fail him..ultimately 2nd is the max given how narrow the track, and lack of pace to clinch pole. Kimi manage to jump 3 car not because of the car's speed, rather the way he save his tyre and use it when others were pitting.

whoever you put inside, i dont see any of them possess those skill kimi has to work against the team 's strategy blunders. Especially when your teammate 's manager is the Team Principal........

In abu dhabi, Kimi nail it perfectly with a car that lacking serious pace to the front (look at his pace and romain 's, average 7tenth differences) is the showcast of his brilliant speed.

Both kimi and lotus need to improve more on the qualifying....the traits of the car on nt being able to heat up tyre for 1 lap pace need to be sorted by 2013 ASAP.....otherwise it would be hard.

New tyre with wider operating range might be a good news for them though

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 am 

SnoWhite wrote:

Wow!

I would love to know what's going on in his head.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am 

NvrDieYoung wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

wasnt kimi fault that the team didnt win more.

In bahrain - Didnt get romain out of the way faster, soft tyre gone
- Didnt perform undercut Vet, instead pit kimi on same lap as vet with much slower pit stop

In Hungary - well, even if kimi qualify well, his kers will still fail him..ultimately 2nd is the max given how narrow the track, and lack of pace to clinch pole. Kimi manage to jump 3 car not because of the car's speed, rather the way he save his tyre and use it when others were pitting.

whoever you put inside, i dont see any of them possess those skill kimi has to work against the team 's strategy blunders. Especially when your teammate 's manager is the Team Principal........

In abu dhabi, Kimi nail it perfectly with a car that lacking serious pace to the front (look at his pace and romain 's, average 7tenth differences) is the showcast of his brilliant speed.

Both kimi and lotus need to improve more on the qualifying....the traits of the car on nt being able to heat up tyre for 1 lap pace need to be sorted by 2013 ASAP.....otherwise it would be hard.

New tyre with wider operating range might be a good news for them though

Remember Formula One is now a tyre preservation formula. Even more than it was in 2005. Kimi does have great speed, but not as great as what he used to it seems. Largely because he really struggles to qualify the car. Perhaps they can fix this for next season, but they need to remember race pace is important. No point making the car good for quali and slow in the race.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:51 am 

Cozz wrote:
SnoWhite wrote:

Wow!

I would love to know what's going on in his head.

Maybe this is what Alonso was staring at?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 am 

LittleSnowBear wrote:
this made me laugh. I don't know if anyone has already posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bG7 ... =endscreen

What is his answer to the first question about not liking travelling? That's the only one I can't understand, something about China and Thursday morning, but for me it makes no difference.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 am 

carlysronnin wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Yeah it is very satisfying to know that Kimi's win in Abu Dhabi effectively cost Alonso (and Ferrari AND Santander) the championship. What goes around comes around!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 am 

Eva09 wrote:
Cozz wrote:
SnoWhite wrote:

Wow!

I think boul is thinking theres a car wreckr behind this innocent smile.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:59 am 

Can tell kimi was extremely gherkin off by throwing the towel........