planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am 

RaisinChips wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Any pics or news of Kimi's snowmobile adventure?

Finnish MTV3 reported yesterday that Kimi will contest in a snowmobile race in Saalbach-Hinterglem, Austria on December 8, along with Nico Hulkenberg. No updates though.

Nice resort, been there a couple times :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm 

Covalent wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

Finnish MTV3 reported yesterday that Kimi will contest in a snowmobile race in Saalbach-Hinterglem, Austria on December 8, along with Nico Hulkenberg. No updates though.

When is the best time to go there?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

When is the best time to go there?

I've been there at Christmas time and there were lots and lots of snow already then.
It's also beautiful in the summer, so depends what you're looking for. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 pm 

Covalent wrote:
I translated Kulta's article of Kobayashi:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5494&view=unread#p197316

looking forward to seeing who will be Kimi's teammate
(yep, F1 withdrawals already :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm 

unfortunately it will most probably be Grosjean.. I really hope he's consistent next season. Lotus really needs the money, and once Kimi steps out of the sport again they might be the team I will root for so I want them to be in best shape possible

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:50 pm 

I have a question. Kimi finished 2003 season in 2nd place. His teammate Coulthard finished 7th. Mclaren were 3rd in the WCC so the drivers got the numbers 5 and 6 for next year. In 2004, why was number 5 given for Coulthard and number 6 for Kimi despite Kimi finishing ahead of Coulthard?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 pm 

More interesting financial news regarding Lotus..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:42 pm 

Sappher wrote:

I saw this in the other forum a few days ago. One person has tweeted this, it could easily be made up. Anyone can make an F1 themed twitter name and tweet anything they want.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:47 pm 

Sappher wrote:

Looks like? Based on what does it look like that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:44 pm 

bbobeckyj wrote:
Sappher wrote:

I saw this in the other forum a few days ago. One person has tweeted this, it could easily be made up. Anyone can make an F1 themed twitter name and tweet anything they want.

Granted, you are right.. Somehow Twitter has become (for me anyways) this place where many big stories are first published, so it's too easy to just believe it without any source.. Guess I should work on that a little :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:07 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:50 am 

NvrDieYoung wrote:

The onboard shows that he did touch and due to luck/skill/craftsmanship the wing didn't break. This was the same when Kimi passed Di Resta in Hockenheim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qhujhORhI#t=01m29s

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 am 

due to luck??? he is the racer of them them all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm 

Sammydj wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

The onboard shows that he did touch and due to luck/skill/craftsmanship the wing didn't break. This was the same when Kimi passed Di Resta in Hockenheim:

It's just amazing..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:16 am 

F1nsider wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

It's just amazing..

stunning !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm 

carlysronnin wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

It's just amazing..

stunning !

Breathtaking !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm 

My "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing" T-shirt, hoodie and beanie arrived today, wohoo! :)

They are replicas of the T-shirt "Kimi" gave to the team, pretty cool :) Of course he only gave T-shirts, but the hoodie and beanie has the same theme.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 pm 

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsport ... 96948.html

Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen says Lotus is more about racing than politics compared to some of the other teams he has driven for.

"I always said that this is a bit of a different team to the others that I raced for before," the ex-McLaren and Ferrari driver said. "It's all about racing and less about politics and I think that's a good thing for the whole team."

"It's been okay [this year], but then for sure you want to do it even better," he said. "When you start doing a few good results you expect to do even better, but it's not been easy and we've been quite consistent - not strong always - but we've been consistent and that kept us in the championship for a long time and brought us many points.

He added: "I know the business itself of Formula One, but it's just being with a new team and finding what you want from the car and it should be a bit more easy next year. There are a lot things that can change and we have to build first a good car to be able to fight for the title.

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:59 am 

I put Nicoles translation to Valtteri thread but its maybe the explanation why Kimi didnt end up at Williams..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 am 

appletree wrote:
I put Nicoles translation to Valtteri thread but its maybe the explanation why Kimi didnt end up at Williams..

What translation?

can you post it here please?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 pm 

Is Kimi not going to go to the awards ceremony this week?, I know he said that he hoped he would lose 3rd in the WDC just so that he would not have to attend! Does not care unless he gets the most important award of all which would have been the WDC.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:17 pm 

Senna88 wrote:
Is Kimi not going to go to the awards ceremony this week?, I know he said that he hoped he would lose 3rd in the WDC just so that he would not have to attend! Does not care unless he gets the most important award of all which would have been the WDC.

When is the awards?

He has a snowmobile race on the 8th!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Senna88 wrote:

When is the awards?

Its this Friday, I don't think it's compulsory for him to attend I know what I would rather go to!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 pm 

Senna88 wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Senna88 wrote:

When is the awards?

Its this Friday, I don't think it's compulsory for him to attend I know what I would rather go to!

I think it is! it's still the 7th on that day so he'll attend I'm sure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 pm 

Here is the translation from Valtteri Bottas thread

Courtesy Nicole:

Aarnio-Wihuri's old connections helped in the Bottas-deal

F1 | Turun Sanomat 4.12.2012 23:39

Valtteri Bottas F1-contract was announced in the end of November. Commercial Counsellor Antti Aarnio-Wihuri and Sir Frank Williams had however talked through the schemes already last summer.

– Frank and I met in August and basically agreed upon that this is what we aim for. In the end everything went just like we had planned. I had known for a longer time that Valtteri gets the seat as a racing driver. But we agreed that we will not talk about this and that's exactly how we acted, Aarnio-Wihuri said to Urheilutieto.

Aarnio-Wihuri has known Frank Williams for 30 years already. They met during Aarnio-Wihuri's own racing career.

As a young man he raced both in track-racing and rally and he also owned his own racing team in motorsport in the 70's.
It's quite a circle in Finnish motorsport that closes due to Bottas' F1-seat.

The times are completely different now, but the personal connections that Antti Aarnio-Wihuri made decades ago are still valid.

Motorsport is still close to his heart. His company Wihuri Oy has supported Bottas' rise to F1 for many years already.

– We made the plan about going for Valtteri's F1-seat ten years ago already, so of course it's a positive thing that it finally succeeded. It's never granted that these things pull off.

– What made his seat possible was that Valtteri knows how to race, but also the fact that we have invested a lot of money in him. In addition to that I have a personal relationship with Frank Williams. That was also significant, Aarnio-Wihuri says.

– Our big ads appear on Williams-team's car next year so that they are visible in television. On top of that we have different by-products that are related to the races and also bring visibility. We have factories in Europe and USA. We invest though F1-sponsoring to get visibility in the countries where we have operation, Aarnio-Wihuri said.

The company also put cold money in the game so that Bottas got the racing seat.

– We are talking about substantial amounts but not about tens of millions like some other drivers are said to bring in. We hope that we get back the money we invested through advertising.

– Other Finnish companies should start to sponsor young driver-talents but they should choose the target they sponsor very carefully. Everyone's driving talents and especially mental characteristics are not enough for a F1-seat. This project succeeded brilliantly because we proceeded with a long-term plan.

Other Finnish companies who sponsor Bottas are Kemppi and Laulumaa.

Turun Sanomat, Helsinki

TS-Urheilutieto

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/423 ... amspestiin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 am 

Hi Kiminatics! Here is Nicole's translation of Heikki Kulta's fans' Q&A with Kimi. Enjoy!

Some snippets:

It took it's own time to get Kimi Räikkönen's interview in the season's final race and it took even more time to get this blog published. Because questions came both in Finnish and in English from all over the world, I aim to take both equally in consideration.

There were lots of good questions. A bunch of good ones remained unasked due to the limited time I had at my disposal - which was doubled in the end - during the qualification-evening. Kimi clearly fired up over some different questions.

The season is over but the new one begins before one has properly recovered from this one. I hope that each and everyone finds something they like from this Q&A - cluster.

Please comment freely if the answers awaken opinions.

Questions & Answers

Eskelinen asked:
I would be interested to know how much Kimi's own preferences are taken into consideration when designing next year's car? And how much the next car differs from this year's car?... continue reading here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1176

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 am 

Another translation by Nicole

Fair Räikkönen cherishes his reputation

F1 | Turun Sanomat 00:51

Kimi Räikkönen is known as the fairest wheel-to-wheel fighter in F1-circles. He is very tough in each confrontation, but careful. He very rarely crashes.

How important is the reputation of being a fair driver to Räikkönen himself?

– Well it's always better than having a reputation of crashing in every race, Räikkönen laughs.

Is it any disadvantage to you when the opponent knows that you won't crash?... continue reading here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1181

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 am 

And finally after a long silence from Leo Turrini

Translated by Nicole

Formula1
December 4, 2012

Well, now it's my turn.

I want to have fun.

1. BEST PILOT.

KIMI. Without a doubt. I mean, from my point of view the judgment must take everything into account. Also expectations of the car that is at your disposal before the season begins and expectations of your preparation. Not that I doubted the blond, however, he came back to the Circus after being away for two years and the extra saliva was that he had a car which had been depressing in 2011....continue reading here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1184

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am 

Thanks for the translations guys! I do have one question though... What on earth is a "fipple fluit" ??

"I was in a baby carriage and my bro pushed them into some sand and in the sudden stop a broken fipple fluit jabbed a hole in my throat."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 am 

KCMPWR wrote:
Thanks for the translations guys! I do have one question though... What on earth is a "fipple fluit" ??

"I was in a baby carriage and my bro pushed them into some sand and in the sudden stop a broken fipple fluit jabbed a hole in my throat."

haha I need to ask Nicole! Get back to you later unless some other Finns here can help! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 am 

Jinx wrote:
KCMPWR wrote:

haha I need to ask Nicole! Get back to you later unless some other Finns here can help! :D

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fipple+flute :P

Thanks for the translations guys :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 am 

Thanks again for the translations appletree and Jinx. they are much appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 am 

Jinx wrote:
Hi Kiminatics! Here is Nicole's translation of Heikki Kulta's fans' Q&A with Kimi. Enjoy!

Some snippets:

It took it's own time to get Kimi Räikkönen's interview in the season's final race and it took even more time to get this blog published. Because questions came both in Finnish and in English from all over the world, I aim to take both equally in consideration.

There were lots of good questions. A bunch of good ones remained unasked due to the limited time I had at my disposal - which was doubled in the end - during the qualification-evening. Kimi clearly fired up over some different questions.

The season is over but the new one begins before one has properly recovered from this one. I hope that each and everyone finds something they like from this Q&A - cluster.

Please comment freely if the answers awaken opinions.

Questions & Answers

Eskelinen asked:
I would be interested to know how much Kimi's own preferences are taken into consideration when designing next year's car? And how much the next car differs from this year's car?... continue reading here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1176

Interesting read, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:04 am 

Jinx wrote:
KCMPWR wrote:

According to Wander from Autosport, it is a broken flute!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:45 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fipple+flute :P

Thanks for the translations guys :)

Jinx wrote:
According to Wander from Autosport, it is a broken flute!

thanks. and ouch...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:55 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

The dude on the left looks like a groupie meeting her idol. :lol:
Kimi's cool as chocolate fudge cake though. look how relaxed he is next too Jean. Ice!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 pm 

Kimi: hmm, if i go on talking, maybe he will gherkin in his pants.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:54 pm 

Emerson.F wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

The dude on the left looks like a groupie meeting her idol. :lol:
Kimi's cool as chocolate fudge cake though. look how relaxed he is next too Jean. Ice!

Its Jari-Matti Latvala and Juho Hänninen...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:21 pm 

Merry Xmas Kimi style - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe73fex_ ... e=youtu.be