planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 85
hey thanks Jinx. finally, a well researched and well thought-of article that goes beyond the cliches and closer to how real F1 fans see it.

1.Did you write this article?
2. "darling of the paddock" - just goes to how well respected and admired Kimi is by most of the media. Its just unfortunate that major corps like the BBC employ utter knobs like Andrew Benson who have blinkered views.
3. I talked to Karun Chandhok and although I tried to refrain from asking Karun about Kimi, I slipped in a question about whether he really admires Kimi or is Kimi too aloof from other drivers (the cliche)?
Karun said Kimi talks to every driver in the paddock and that he is really popular among the drivers. He said something like "Kimi doesnt like authority too much" or something to that effect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
stendac,

no I did not write the article, someone else did :D I also think the media are starting to get him...if he even talks to Karun, then he is genuinely nice to everyone of his peers

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Jinx wrote:
stendec,

you might like this one too http://www.sabotagetimes.com/sport/raikkonen/


Oh I LOVED it.. thanks Jinx.. this was the first thing I read in 2013.. Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
F1nsider wrote:
Jinx wrote:
stendec,

you might like this one too http://www.sabotagetimes.com/sport/raikkonen/


Oh I LOVED it.. thanks Jinx.. this was the first thing I read in 2013.. Thank you

you're welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed that article too :D

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 766
FROM SHADOWS TO THE LIGHT



Days after days it rained, white layers after layers, until my tree vanished from peoples sight and awareness like there had never been tree on the high hill, under the northern sun, constantly watching the world and its beeings..And still, under peoples noses it offered cosy home to many of the forests furry little animals when the icy wind blew from the north. It offered home to me. I had it inside the snow, on my trees branches and just to my delight the tree had grown one or two leaf to be my flowers during the long winter.
- “you didn’t grow apples..”
-” Ápple juice it would have been..I am worried over those birches who stand in the water now, their roots under thick layers of ice..”
“Isnt it like…Iceman had covered us all to this ice.We didn’t expect it, but here we are, steadily iced , totally iced by the Iceman. Where he is by the way? He cant hide in the shadows anymore, the forest has let the light inside its heart.”
“ He has made his own way to hide in the light..you have seen him speaking very straightly about things and sometimes people cant stand it. So they leave him alone. He really knows what he is doing.”

“ I heard Grosjean went to help to Santa.”
“Really? How?”
“ He was signed to do crash tests with toys. Somehow he managed to wreck them all.” I wrinkled my forehead.
“Oops.”
“Alonso went to the “want to be a millionaire” show…he used all the help he could get, asked the audience, clarified the rules, phoned to Ecclestone and picked up fifty fity..and still didn’t won.”
“ I thought he is a millionaire already.”
“ Button went to some course.. How to raise a child. Still I have the feeling he isn’t going to get a baby.”

“ Well, he is thoral chap isn’t he?”
“ Good ladd, indeed. Webber went to anger management course. He is shooting rabbits on the wilderness.Those little furry sweeties..one of them actually has its teeths in your..err.. They pop up from here and there when you least expect and he is also learning to avoid to step into their holes.”

“ Err…okay, hows our boy Schumi?”
“He made it to a whole new area..he is the Santa. You know, he figured Santa has to be super fast to manage to go around the world in such a short time. “
“ I heard he stumbled to Hammy on the way?”
“Hammy wanted to be the leading reindeer..”
Heard tho the old salt have made him thirsty .”

“Never ending story ..hows Vettel?”
“ Celebrating like it’s the end of the world coming and still reserved the trip around the world for next year.”
“Good spirit”

And then there was a moment of silence. At that moment, the spirit of the racer blowed over the northern world, just saying, I am here, in the shadows, but ready to go to the light.
And I looked my tree who suddenly made a flower by side of its leaves and whispered
“May your journey be blessed”, Luieluv.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:43 am
Posts: 678
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
appletree wrote:
FROM SHADOWS TO THE LIGHT



Days after days it rained, white layers after layers, until my tree vanished from peoples sight and awareness like there had never been tree on the high hill, under the northern sun, constantly watching the world and its beeings..And still, under peoples noses it offered cosy home to many of the forests furry little animals when the icy wind blew from the north. It offered home to me. I had it inside the snow, on my trees branches and just to my delight the tree had grown one or two leaf to be my flowers during the long winter.
- “you didn’t grow apples..”
-” Ápple juice it would have been..I am worried over those birches who stand in the water now, their roots under thick layers of ice..”
“Isnt it like…Iceman had covered us all to this ice.We didn’t expect it, but here we are, steadily iced , totally iced by the Iceman. Where he is by the way? He cant hide in the shadows anymore, the forest has let the light inside its heart.”
“ He has made his own way to hide in the light..you have seen him speaking very straightly about things and sometimes people cant stand it. So they leave him alone. He really knows what he is doing.”

“ I heard Grosjean went to help to Santa.”
“Really? How?”
“ He was signed to do crash tests with toys. Somehow he managed to wreck them all.” I wrinkled my forehead.
“Oops.”
“Alonso went to the “want to be a millionaire” show…he used all the help he could get, asked the audience, clarified the rules, phoned to Ecclestone and picked up fifty fity..and still didn’t won.”
“ I thought he is a millionaire already.”
“ Button went to some course.. How to raise a child. Still I have the feeling he isn’t going to get a baby.”

“ Well, he is thoral chap isn’t he?”
“ Good ladd, indeed. Webber went to anger management course. He is shooting rabbits on the wilderness.Those little furry sweeties..one of them actually has its teeths in your..err.. They pop up from here and there when you least expect and he is also learning to avoid to step into their holes.”

“ Err…okay, hows our boy Schumi?”
“He made it to a whole new area..he is the Santa. You know, he figured Santa has to be super fast to manage to go around the world in such a short time. “
“ I heard he stumbled to Hammy on the way?”
“Hammy wanted to be the leading reindeer..”
Heard tho the old salt have made him thirsty .”

“Never ending story ..hows Vettel?”
“ Celebrating like it’s the end of the world coming and still reserved the trip around the world for next year.”
“Good spirit”

And then there was a moment of silence. At that moment, the spirit of the racer blowed over the northern world, just saying, I am here, in the shadows, but ready to go to the light.
And I looked my tree who suddenly made a flower by side of its leaves and whispered
“May your journey be blessed”, Luieluv.


You are just amazing!!!

_________________
KIMI: Yeah,Winning feels good.But I am not the type of guy to jump up and down and rub it in everyone's face.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 1079
appletree - what a great story! (leading reindeer... he-he)

_________________
We are worse than animals, we hunger for the kill
We put our faith in maniacs the triumph of the will
We kill for money, wealth and lust, for this we should be damned
We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 766
Thankyou guys! You just made my day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 85
The F1 Times 2012 Awards - The Results

nice read http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07129


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5713
stendec wrote:
The F1 Times 2012 Awards - The Results

nice read http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07129

Is he really that popular?? Is that an british publication or where is it based?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 am
Posts: 101
appletree wrote:
FROM SHADOWS TO THE LIGHT



Days after days it rained, white layers after layers, until my tree vanished from peoples sight and awareness like there had never been tree on the high hill, under the northern sun, constantly watching the world and its beeings..And still, under peoples noses it offered cosy home to many of the forests furry little animals when the icy wind blew from the north. It offered home to me. I had it inside the snow, on my trees branches and just to my delight the tree had grown one or two leaf to be my flowers during the long winter.
- “you didn’t grow apples..”
-” Ápple juice it would have been..I am worried over those birches who stand in the water now, their roots under thick layers of ice..”
“Isnt it like…Iceman had covered us all to this ice.We didn’t expect it, but here we are, steadily iced , totally iced by the Iceman. Where he is by the way? He cant hide in the shadows anymore, the forest has let the light inside its heart.”
“ He has made his own way to hide in the light..you have seen him speaking very straightly about things and sometimes people cant stand it. So they leave him alone. He really knows what he is doing.”

“ I heard Grosjean went to help to Santa.”
“Really? How?”
“ He was signed to do crash tests with toys. Somehow he managed to wreck them all.” I wrinkled my forehead.
“Oops.”
“Alonso went to the “want to be a millionaire” show…he used all the help he could get, asked the audience, clarified the rules, phoned to Ecclestone and picked up fifty fity..and still didn’t won.”
“ I thought he is a millionaire already.”
“ Button went to some course.. How to raise a child. Still I have the feeling he isn’t going to get a baby.”

“ Well, he is thoral chap isn’t he?”
“ Good ladd, indeed. Webber went to anger management course. He is shooting rabbits on the wilderness.Those little furry sweeties..one of them actually has its teeths in your..err.. They pop up from here and there when you least expect and he is also learning to avoid to step into their holes.”

“ Err…okay, hows our boy Schumi?”
“He made it to a whole new area..he is the Santa. You know, he figured Santa has to be super fast to manage to go around the world in such a short time. “
“ I heard he stumbled to Hammy on the way?”
“Hammy wanted to be the leading reindeer..”
Heard tho the old salt have made him thirsty .”

“Never ending story ..hows Vettel?”
“ Celebrating like it’s the end of the world coming and still reserved the trip around the world for next year.”
“Good spirit”

And then there was a moment of silence. At that moment, the spirit of the racer blowed over the northern world, just saying, I am here, in the shadows, but ready to go to the light.
And I looked my tree who suddenly made a flower by side of its leaves and whispered
“May your journey be blessed”, Luieluv.

As usual its brilliant and thanks a ton for the beautiful wishes dear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 am
Posts: 545
stendec wrote:
The F1 Times 2012 Awards - The Results

nice read http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07129


He's swept them all... I hope it continues this year..

PS: Belated wishes on the new year to all... have a great year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
New translation from Nicole that is sure to upset some people...

Räikkönen still beats Alonso in Ferrari’s winning percentages

F1 | Turun Sanomat 11:35
Leading figures in F1 from the 2000-century, Kimi Räikkönen and Fernando Alonso, both have raced for three seasons in Ferrari. Although comparison between different seasons is more or less twisted, it seems justified when it comes to these two... continue reading here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1470

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Oh, What have you done Jinx.. Now the 2 Alonso fans we have in the forum will be all over this thread again

When you revert to statistis they will talk about the car, when you talk about performance they'll throw in "Massa beat Kimi", when you say it was because of the car, they'll go back to statistics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
sorry... I was simply posting a translation

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:12 am
Posts: 31
Jinx wrote:
sorry... I was simply posting a translation


Dw Jinx, it is very interesting to compare the two :thumbup: thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
CalMac wrote:
Jinx wrote:
sorry... I was simply posting a translation


Dw Jinx, it is very interesting to compare the two :thumbup: thanks


hugs :)

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
hey I was just kidding :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 am 
F1nsider wrote:
hey I was just kidding :(

No, you are asking for trouble - if you continue with those "jokes". We are very strict with trolling in official threads, and that trolling includes not just comments against the driver this thread is dedicated to, but also against other drivers and, particularly, his supporters.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
Covalent wrote:
stendec wrote:
The F1 Times 2012 Awards - The Results

nice read http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07129

Is he really that popular?? Is that an british publication or where is it based?


It's a lot of Kimi fans, I think. Not that he didn't have a great year, but he absolutely dominates all those polls whereas Hamilton and Vettel barely get a mention. Not representative of the public, who do like Kimi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
F1nsider wrote:
hey I was just kidding :(

I know 8)

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 457
Jinx wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
hey I was just kidding :(

I know 8)


We know. ;) :]

_________________
#7 Kimi Raikkonen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
santa baby wrote:
Jinx wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
hey I was just kidding :(

I know 8)


We know. ;) :]


hi santa baby!!!!

Missed you much!!! I sent you a PM...

Are you looking forward to the 2013 season as I am??? I am eagerly waiting for the testing to begin... dunno how kimi's car is gonna fare... but all this talk about the DDRS is making me feel uneasy...

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Just ordered the season review :D . . .

Anyone knows if they have a special report on Kimi's comeback?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Lopez talks about Kimi

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/838 ... ht-balance

Quote:
In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport Lopez said: "Everyone who had claimed that he wasn't motivated now comes around to tell me they knew Kimi was still super strong.

"It makes me smile. I knew it would be like this. Raikkonen has put in a great amount of work to compliment his talent and the results are the fruit of that."


the rest in the link


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 3890
Location: Belgium
I received a parcel from Finland this morning.... :D And I'm not even a real fan! :smug: ;)

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
F1nsider wrote:
Oh, What have you done Jinx.. Now the 2 Alonso fans we have in the forum will be all over this thread again
When you revert to statistis they will talk about the car, when you talk about performance they'll throw in "Massa beat Kimi", when you say it was because of the car, they'll go back to statistics


:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
diablof1 wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Oh, What have you done Jinx.. Now the 2 Alonso fans we have in the forum will be all over this thread again
When you revert to statistis they will talk about the car, when you talk about performance they'll throw in "Massa beat Kimi", when you say it was because of the car, they'll go back to statistics


:lol:


Glad you took it in a nice way :P ..


Kimi says he learns nothing from simulators - http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-le ... ors/17331/

Didn't he call them Playstaion or something like that few years back?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
F1nsider wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Oh, What have you done Jinx.. Now the 2 Alonso fans we have in the forum will be all over this thread again
When you revert to statistis they will talk about the car, when you talk about performance they'll throw in "Massa beat Kimi", when you say it was because of the car, they'll go back to statistics


:lol:


Glad you took it in a nice way :P ..


Kimi says he learns nothing from simulators - http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-le ... ors/17331/

Didn't he call them Playstaion or something like that few years back?


Kimi fans :thumbup:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
:thumbup: :thumbup:


I'm thinking of getting this - http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f1/p ... 82&cur=USD

Is it worth it? Can it be found cheaper on other websites? usually F1 Store is much more expensive than other online retailers just like the season review which costs half the price on Amazon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Stewart says don't try to change Kimi - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105086

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DkODY2qekk

Quote:
The Scottish legend, who is also a strategic advisor to Lotus owner Genii, reckons that the team should have no worries about Raikkonen's quirks off the track because he is so quick on it.

"You don't change Kimi Raikkonen, you don't change him," said Stewart, speaking on the AUTOSPORT Stage with KX at AUTOSPORT International on Saturday.

"I speak to him very seldom on a weekend, because if he wants to speak to me, he will come and speak to me.

"If I and go tart him up, he thinks 'what are you talking about? Why bother me?' That is how the reaction would be.

"He is a very special person, the most special of any grand prix driver past and present, but his return was better than [Michael] Schumacher's return.

"He was up there every single race he was in last year, and he delivered."

"With the knowledge and experience he has, and the mind management he has, he doesn't care about PR, journalists or interviews. He doesn't want to do them.

"If you ask him a silly question, you get a straightforward answer. I like Kimi a lot. I can't count him as a friend, and the friends he brings along are pretty unusual. But Kimi is doing fine the way he is."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 85
"the most special of any grand prix driver past and present" :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
stendec wrote:
"the most special of any grand prix driver past and present" :-)


I loved that part as well :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 3890
Location: Belgium
I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this yesterday, it didn't seem like Jackie Stewart talking. Thinking about it this morning in the car, I suddenly thought that perhaps his F1 experience with Jan Magnussen may have altered the way he looks at drivers. Any thoughts on this?

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
Jackie is never going to bad talk Kimi working for Lotus. With that said, I thought it was nice and spot on....

Kimi is my favorite, but that does not mean I think it is cute when he is always short with the media and sometimes even a smart @$$


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm 
This is a slightly belated reminder, but fanfictions were banned from Planet F1 a while ago on the grounds that ones about real people can be seen as libelous. And, of course, ones which aren't about real people would be off topic anyway.

I appreciate that the story posted on this page is light-hearted and only intended to amuse, but I would urge you to consider that not everyone will be comfortable with being the subject of such stories.

Regards,
Mod Purple


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Meanwhile, Lotus keeps racking up sponsors - http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/01/14/lotus ... aF1.com%29

I wonder if that would've been possible if they didn't sign Kimi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Kimi Turned Down Williams for Lotus - http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/01/15/raikk ... aF1.com%29

That's news! I always thought it was a money thing to be honest. Turns out that Kimi wanted a more competitive car

Quote:
Briton Parr, who left his role as Williams chairman early last year and is now promoting a book, confirmed that he had talks with the Finn about driving for the famous British team in 2012.

“I wanted to bring Kimi to Williams in 2012,” Parr is quoted by Italy’s Autosprint, “but I could not guarantee a competitive car for him. When I spoke with him, I was impressed by his hunger and his determination.”

“Nevertheless, his value at the time remained unclear, and we didn’t know just how strong our car would be.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
Kudos to Parr for being so candid about recognizing Kimi's hunger yet not really being sure about Kimi's value, and being honest about the quality of the car. Unlike that Wolff in sheep's skin....

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1285
F1nsider wrote:
Kimi Turned Down Williams for Lotus - http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/01/15/raikk ... aF1.com%29

That's news! I always thought it was a money thing to be honest. Turns out that Kimi wanted a more competitive car

Quote:
Briton Parr, who left his role as Williams chairman early last year and is now promoting a book, confirmed that he had talks with the Finn about driving for the famous British team in 2012.

“I wanted to bring Kimi to Williams in 2012,” Parr is quoted by Italy’s Autosprint, “but I could not guarantee a competitive car for him. When I spoke with him, I was impressed by his hunger and his determination.”

“Nevertheless, his value at the time remained unclear
, and we didn’t know just how strong our car would be.”

Despite the title, it doesn't say anywhere that Raikkonen turned down an offer, or even that there was an offer. This bold part implies that any offer would have been very low, they eventually signed c. £10m of pay driver instead of paying out £5m. The difference being comparable to two championship positions.
Bottas was a long term goal, they compromised their £10m pay driver's weekend by giving the Friday morning sessions to their future driver who is about ten years younger than Raikkonen, and who is the only non pay driver outside of the top 5 teams, in the same sense that Grosjean brings Total, but that isn't the reason he got the drive, his career is being managed and some funding has been organised with it.
I don't get any impression that there was a serious offer, so is it fair to say that Raikkonen turned Williams down?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], red_alert and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group