planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm 

hey thanks Jinx. finally, a well researched and well thought-of article that goes beyond the cliches and closer to how real F1 fans see it.

1.Did you write this article?
2. "darling of the paddock" - just goes to how well respected and admired Kimi is by most of the media. Its just unfortunate that major corps like the BBC employ utter knobs like Andrew Benson who have blinkered views.
3. I talked to Karun Chandhok and although I tried to refrain from asking Karun about Kimi, I slipped in a question about whether he really admires Kimi or is Kimi too aloof from other drivers (the cliche)?
Karun said Kimi talks to every driver in the paddock and that he is really popular among the drivers. He said something like "Kimi doesnt like authority too much" or something to that effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:10 am 

stendac,

no I did not write the article, someone else did :D I also think the media are starting to get him...if he even talks to Karun, then he is genuinely nice to everyone of his peers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am 

Jinx wrote:
stendec,

you might like this one too http://www.sabotagetimes.com/sport/raikkonen/

Oh I LOVED it.. thanks Jinx.. this was the first thing I read in 2013.. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 am 

F1nsider wrote:
Jinx wrote:
stendec,

you might like this one too http://www.sabotagetimes.com/sport/raikkonen/

Oh I LOVED it.. thanks Jinx.. this was the first thing I read in 2013.. Thank you

you're welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed that article too :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 am 

FROM SHADOWS TO THE LIGHT

Days after days it rained, white layers after layers, until my tree vanished from peoples sight and awareness like there had never been tree on the high hill, under the northern sun, constantly watching the world and its beeings..And still, under peoples noses it offered cosy home to many of the forests furry little animals when the icy wind blew from the north. It offered home to me. I had it inside the snow, on my trees branches and just to my delight the tree had grown one or two leaf to be my flowers during the long winter.
- “you didn’t grow apples..”
-” Ápple juice it would have been..I am worried over those birches who stand in the water now, their roots under thick layers of ice..”
“Isnt it like…Iceman had covered us all to this ice.We didn’t expect it, but here we are, steadily iced , totally iced by the Iceman. Where he is by the way? He cant hide in the shadows anymore, the forest has let the light inside its heart.”
“ He has made his own way to hide in the light..you have seen him speaking very straightly about things and sometimes people cant stand it. So they leave him alone. He really knows what he is doing.”

“ I heard Grosjean went to help to Santa.”
“Really? How?”
“ He was signed to do crash tests with toys. Somehow he managed to wreck them all.” I wrinkled my forehead.
“Oops.”
“Alonso went to the “want to be a millionaire” show…he used all the help he could get, asked the audience, clarified the rules, phoned to Ecclestone and picked up fifty fity..and still didn’t won.”
“ I thought he is a millionaire already.”
“ Button went to some course.. How to raise a child. Still I have the feeling he isn’t going to get a baby.”

“ Well, he is thoral chap isn’t he?”
“ Good ladd, indeed. Webber went to anger management course. He is shooting rabbits on the wilderness.Those little furry sweeties..one of them actually has its teeths in your..err.. They pop up from here and there when you least expect and he is also learning to avoid to step into their holes.”

“ Err…okay, hows our boy Schumi?”
“He made it to a whole new area..he is the Santa. You know, he figured Santa has to be super fast to manage to go around the world in such a short time. “
“ I heard he stumbled to Hammy on the way?”
“Hammy wanted to be the leading reindeer..”
Heard tho the old salt have made him thirsty .”

“Never ending story ..hows Vettel?”
“ Celebrating like it’s the end of the world coming and still reserved the trip around the world for next year.”
“Good spirit”

And then there was a moment of silence. At that moment, the spirit of the racer blowed over the northern world, just saying, I am here, in the shadows, but ready to go to the light.
And I looked my tree who suddenly made a flower by side of its leaves and whispered
“May your journey be blessed”, Luieluv.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:26 am 

appletree wrote:

Days after days it rained, white layers after layers, until my tree vanished from peoples sight and awareness like there had never been tree on the high hill, under the northern sun, constantly watching the world and its beeings..And still, under peoples noses it offered cosy home to many of the forests furry little animals when the icy wind blew from the north. It offered home to me. I had it inside the snow, on my trees branches and just to my delight the tree had grown one or two leaf to be my flowers during the long winter.
-” Ápple juice it would have been..I am worried over those birches who stand in the water now, their roots under thick layers of ice..”
“Isnt it like…Iceman had covered us all to this ice.We didn’t expect it, but here we are, steadily iced , totally iced by the Iceman. Where he is by the way? He cant hide in the shadows anymore, the forest has let the light inside its heart.”
“ He has made his own way to hide in the light..you have seen him speaking very straightly about things and sometimes people cant stand it. So they leave him alone. He really knows what he is doing.”

“Really? How?”
“ He was signed to do crash tests with toys. Somehow he managed to wreck them all.” I wrinkled my forehead.
“Oops.”
“Alonso went to the “want to be a millionaire” show…he used all the help he could get, asked the audience, clarified the rules, phoned to Ecclestone and picked up fifty fity..and still didn’t won.”
“ Button went to some course.. How to raise a child. Still I have the feeling he isn’t going to get a baby.”

“ Good ladd, indeed. Webber went to anger management course. He is shooting rabbits on the wilderness.Those little furry sweeties..one of them actually has its teeths in your..err.. They pop up from here and there when you least expect and he is also learning to avoid to step into their holes.”

“He made it to a whole new area..he is the Santa. You know, he figured Santa has to be super fast to manage to go around the world in such a short time. “

“ Celebrating like it’s the end of the world coming and still reserved the trip around the world for next year.”
“Good spirit”

And then there was a moment of silence. At that moment, the spirit of the racer blowed over the northern world, just saying, I am here, in the shadows, but ready to go to the light.
And I looked my tree who suddenly made a flower by side of its leaves and whispered

You are just amazing!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 pm 

appletree - what a great story! (leading reindeer... he-he)

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:37 pm 

Thankyou guys! You just made my day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 am 

The F1 Times 2012 Awards - The Results

nice read http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07129

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:11 am 

stendec wrote:

Is he really that popular?? Is that an british publication or where is it based?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:41 am 

appletree wrote:

“Really? How?”
“Oops.”

“Good spirit”

As usual its brilliant and thanks a ton for the beautiful wishes dear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 pm 

stendec wrote:

He's swept them all... I hope it continues this year..

PS: Belated wishes on the new year to all... have a great year

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:19 am 

New translation from Nicole that is sure to upset some people...

Räikkönen still beats Alonso in Ferrari’s winning percentages

F1 | Turun Sanomat 11:35
Leading figures in F1 from the 2000-century, Kimi Räikkönen and Fernando Alonso, both have raced for three seasons in Ferrari. Although comparison between different seasons is more or less twisted, it seems justified when it comes to these two... continue reading here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1470

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 am 

Oh, What have you done Jinx.. Now the 2 Alonso fans we have in the forum will be all over this thread again

When you revert to statistis they will talk about the car, when you talk about performance they'll throw in "Massa beat Kimi", when you say it was because of the car, they'll go back to statistics

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:53 am 

sorry... I was simply posting a translation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 pm 

Jinx wrote:

Dw Jinx, it is very interesting to compare the two :thumbup: thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 am 

CalMac wrote:
Jinx wrote:

Dw Jinx, it is very interesting to compare the two :thumbup: thanks

hugs :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 am 

hey I was just kidding :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 am 
F1nsider wrote:

No, you are asking for trouble - if you continue with those "jokes". We are very strict with trolling in official threads, and that trolling includes not just comments against the driver this thread is dedicated to, but also against other drivers and, particularly, his supporters.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm 

Covalent wrote:
stendec wrote:

Is he really that popular?? Is that an british publication or where is it based?

It's a lot of Kimi fans, I think. Not that he didn't have a great year, but he absolutely dominates all those polls whereas Hamilton and Vettel barely get a mention. Not representative of the public, who do like Kimi.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

I know 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 am 

Jinx wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

I know 8)

We know. ;) :]

#7 Kimi Raikkonen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 am 

santa baby wrote:
Jinx wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

I know 8)

We know. ;) :]

hi santa baby!!!!

Missed you much!!! I sent you a PM...

Are you looking forward to the 2013 season as I am??? I am eagerly waiting for the testing to begin... dunno how kimi's car is gonna fare... but all this talk about the DDRS is making me feel uneasy...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 am 

Just ordered the season review :D . . .

Anyone knows if they have a special report on Kimi's comeback?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm 

Lopez talks about Kimi

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/838 ... ht-balance

Quote:
In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport Lopez said: "Everyone who had claimed that he wasn't motivated now comes around to tell me they knew Kimi was still super strong.

"It makes me smile. I knew it would be like this. Raikkonen has put in a great amount of work to compliment his talent and the results are the fruit of that."

the rest in the link

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm 

I received a parcel from Finland this morning.... :D And I'm not even a real fan! :smug: ;)

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Oh, What have you done Jinx.. Now the 2 Alonso fans we have in the forum will be all over this thread again
When you revert to statistis they will talk about the car, when you talk about performance they'll throw in "Massa beat Kimi", when you say it was because of the car, they'll go back to statistics

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am 

diablof1 wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

Glad you took it in a nice way :P ..

Kimi says he learns nothing from simulators - http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-le ... ors/17331/

Didn't he call them Playstaion or something like that few years back?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

Glad you took it in a nice way :P ..

Kimi says he learns nothing from simulators - http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-le ... ors/17331/

Didn't he call them Playstaion or something like that few years back?

Kimi fans :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 am 

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm thinking of getting this - http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f1/p ... 82&cur=USD

Is it worth it? Can it be found cheaper on other websites? usually F1 Store is much more expensive than other online retailers just like the season review which costs half the price on Amazon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:26 pm 

Stewart says don't try to change Kimi - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105086

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DkODY2qekk

Quote:
The Scottish legend, who is also a strategic advisor to Lotus owner Genii, reckons that the team should have no worries about Raikkonen's quirks off the track because he is so quick on it.

"You don't change Kimi Raikkonen, you don't change him," said Stewart, speaking on the AUTOSPORT Stage with KX at AUTOSPORT International on Saturday.

"I speak to him very seldom on a weekend, because if he wants to speak to me, he will come and speak to me.

"If I and go tart him up, he thinks 'what are you talking about? Why bother me?' That is how the reaction would be.

"He is a very special person, the most special of any grand prix driver past and present, but his return was better than [Michael] Schumacher's return.

"He was up there every single race he was in last year, and he delivered."

"With the knowledge and experience he has, and the mind management he has, he doesn't care about PR, journalists or interviews. He doesn't want to do them.

"If you ask him a silly question, you get a straightforward answer. I like Kimi a lot. I can't count him as a friend, and the friends he brings along are pretty unusual. But Kimi is doing fine the way he is."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm 

"the most special of any grand prix driver past and present" :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 pm 

stendec wrote:
"the most special of any grand prix driver past and present" :-)

I loved that part as well :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 am 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this yesterday, it didn't seem like Jackie Stewart talking. Thinking about it this morning in the car, I suddenly thought that perhaps his F1 experience with Jan Magnussen may have altered the way he looks at drivers. Any thoughts on this?

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 pm 

Jackie is never going to bad talk Kimi working for Lotus. With that said, I thought it was nice and spot on....

Kimi is my favorite, but that does not mean I think it is cute when he is always short with the media and sometimes even a smart @$$

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm 
This is a slightly belated reminder, but fanfictions were banned from Planet F1 a while ago on the grounds that ones about real people can be seen as libelous. And, of course, ones which aren't about real people would be off topic anyway.

I appreciate that the story posted on this page is light-hearted and only intended to amuse, but I would urge you to consider that not everyone will be comfortable with being the subject of such stories.

Regards,
Mod Purple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 am 

Meanwhile, Lotus keeps racking up sponsors - http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/01/14/lotus ... aF1.com%29

I wonder if that would've been possible if they didn't sign Kimi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 am 

Kimi Turned Down Williams for Lotus - http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/01/15/raikk ... aF1.com%29

That's news! I always thought it was a money thing to be honest. Turns out that Kimi wanted a more competitive car

Quote:
Briton Parr, who left his role as Williams chairman early last year and is now promoting a book, confirmed that he had talks with the Finn about driving for the famous British team in 2012.

“I wanted to bring Kimi to Williams in 2012,” Parr is quoted by Italy’s Autosprint, “but I could not guarantee a competitive car for him. When I spoke with him, I was impressed by his hunger and his determination.”

“Nevertheless, his value at the time remained unclear, and we didn’t know just how strong our car would be.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 am 

Kudos to Parr for being so candid about recognizing Kimi's hunger yet not really being sure about Kimi's value, and being honest about the quality of the car. Unlike that Wolff in sheep's skin....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 am 

F1nsider wrote:
Kimi Turned Down Williams for Lotus - http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/01/15/raikk ... aF1.com%29

That's news! I always thought it was a money thing to be honest. Turns out that Kimi wanted a more competitive car

Quote:
Briton Parr, who left his role as Williams chairman early last year and is now promoting a book, confirmed that he had talks with the Finn about driving for the famous British team in 2012.

“I wanted to bring Kimi to Williams in 2012,” Parr is quoted by Italy’s Autosprint, “but I could not guarantee a competitive car for him. When I spoke with him, I was impressed by his hunger and his determination.”

“Nevertheless, his value at the time remained unclear
, and we didn’t know just how strong our car would be.”

Despite the title, it doesn't say anywhere that Raikkonen turned down an offer, or even that there was an offer. This bold part implies that any offer would have been very low, they eventually signed c. £10m of pay driver instead of paying out £5m. The difference being comparable to two championship positions.
Bottas was a long term goal, they compromised their £10m pay driver's weekend by giving the Friday morning sessions to their future driver who is about ten years younger than Raikkonen, and who is the only non pay driver outside of the top 5 teams, in the same sense that Grosjean brings Total, but that isn't the reason he got the drive, his career is being managed and some funding has been organised with it.
I don't get any impression that there was a serious offer, so is it fair to say that Raikkonen turned Williams down?