planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
mika_98 wrote:
Apparently James Allison on the way out too!

If thats the case, along with the rumours about Simon and Alan, one word comes to mind...........

DOOMED!



not feeling too good. Although I have to believe the new car is ready to go, but I fear if they can bring the updates as the year goes on that you need


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
Ferrari should have replaced massa with kimi for 2013. Fernando and Kimi in one team? wcc would have been won easily, wdc would have been close between these two.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
So do we know for sure Allison and Permane are both gone? I fear they know the $$$$$$$$$ is not there for Lotus or something big. If not why leave when they had a year like last year to grow on....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1152
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks for many good posts... having a F1 vacation. 28th and practices will be the time i creep back from the "closet" ;)

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am
Posts: 584
Hakkattack wrote:
So do we know for sure Allison and Permane are both gone? I fear they know the $$$$$$$$$ is not there for Lotus or something big. If not why leave when they had a year like last year to grow on....

We will know more after the launch. I couldn't care less if permane is out of the door.
Regarding Allison, so far no credible source has mentioned hin leaving. So far it's all internet speculation. Allison strikes me as a guy who would fulfill his contract rather than just grab the money from a bigger team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:08 pm
Posts: 17
Lotus sign up with Alpinestars. More info on lotusf1tem. Kimi is in Enstone, there is some pics on LotusF1 twitter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
sandyf1 wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
So do we know for sure Allison and Permane are both gone? I fear they know the $$$$$$$$$ is not there for Lotus or something big. If not why leave when they had a year like last year to grow on....

We will know more after the launch. I couldn't care less if permane is out of the door.
Regarding Allison, so far no credible source has mentioned hin leaving. So far it's all internet speculation. Allison strikes me as a guy who would fulfill his contract rather than just grab the money from a bigger team.



I agree 100%... Allison is KEY... he is very bright and does well on a mid field budget


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 697
Less than a day and a lot of things will hopefully be clear


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 697
So Allison confirmed at Lotus but not Permane


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1215
F1nsider wrote:
So Allison confirmed at Lotus but not Permane

Source?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 4564
bbobeckyj wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
So Allison confirmed at Lotus but not Permane

Source?

Even if he goes, the team will do ok. Lotus already lost bigger names, like Bob Bell. McLaren lost Fry and they built second or even the fastest car last year.

_________________
Any old sap can pull teeth from a dead crocodile.
It takes a man to pull teeth from a live one.


:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
dizlexik wrote:
bbobeckyj wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
So Allison confirmed at Lotus but not Permane

Source?

Even if he goes, the team will do ok. Lotus already lost bigger names, like Bob Bell. McLaren lost Fry and they built second or even the fastest car last year.


no... I think Allison is a huge name.... plus I think if I remember right Bob Bell is an engine man not designer of cars... correct me if I am wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 4564
Hakkattack wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
bbobeckyj wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
So Allison confirmed at Lotus but not Permane

Source?

Even if he goes, the team will do ok. Lotus already lost bigger names, like Bob Bell. McLaren lost Fry and they built second or even the fastest car last year.


no... I think Allison is a huge name.... plus I think if I remember right Bob Bell is an engine man not designer of cars... correct me if I am wrong

According to Wikipedia he has a doctorate in Aeronautical Engineering. He was technical director since 2003, so he was responsible for 2005 and 6 titles and he was also CEO and TP for a short time.

_________________
Any old sap can pull teeth from a dead crocodile.
It takes a man to pull teeth from a live one.


:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 697
bbobeckyj wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
So Allison confirmed at Lotus but not Permane

Source?


Read it somewhere. It says that Lotus confirmed that Allison is staying although he was approached by bigger teams


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 206
Allison was being head hunted by Mercedes, but he is not interested.

"Lauda calls Allison every day, but the contract of James is bullet proof. And he doesn't want to leave."
http://www.speedweek.de/art_32214.html

The fact that he apparently intends to stay where he is suggest that he has sufficient faith in the ownership and management that all is well.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/01/ ... t-enstone/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 151
Good to hear! ... i knew at the car launch when kimi shaked hands with allison he will be staying.

_________________
When in doubt, press F1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 697
Why does the E21 feature Kimi's name? Is that a new sponsor or what?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1229
F1nsider wrote:
Why does the E21 feature Kimi's name? Is that a new sponsor or what?

i think they not got the deal done with honeywell yet, and they are suggesting that the logo could go there, and its the same colours,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 190
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... he_Iceman/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 716
Kimis new helmet. I like it. http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2013/01/1699057/raikkosen-uusi-kypara-julki---katso-kuvat#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Posts: 50
Kind of digging it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 894
Location: Upsate NY, USA
Love the helmet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 525
Location: Finland
appletree wrote:


Like it and will likely once again be one of my top 3 F1 helmets out there for this season.
That top part is just perfect, but could have done with slightly simpler design on the side.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:46 pm
Posts: 394
Wow..Nice helmet..More like the kimi helmets..! Great that there is more of black in his helmet...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 894
Location: Upsate NY, USA
Updated my sig. Haven't posted here in a while :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 697
Love the helmet very much


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 716
Uffe Tagström says Kimi knows what he wants , he gives to Kimi five different proposal and Kimi picks the one he likes most.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm
Posts: 259
Kimi's new helmet looks nice !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1360
Location: Wrexham, UK
Got to say, that's a pretty awesome looking helmet, I liiiike it.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 697
Location: Tampere, F1nland
Not as stylish as the 2012 helmet. :-((

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:24 pm
Posts: 1445
Button vs Alonso, 2004 Hockenheim - Button completely failed to do an "around the outside" as Raikkonen did (1.25):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSLhCi09rqQ

_________________
PLAY A RECORD KARL COS I'M GUNNA KNOCK YOU OUT!!!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 4439
Boullier says Kimi is the team's lead driver.

"He is definitely the lead driver in the team, even though they have equal status and both cars are technically very similar," Boullier told AUTOSPORT.

"Kimi is the natural fit to be the lead driver, but then we will see how the season develops."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105346

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 697
Covalent wrote:
Boullier says Kimi is the team's lead driver.

"He is definitely the lead driver in the team, even though they have equal status and both cars are technically very similar," Boullier told AUTOSPORT.

"Kimi is the natural fit to be the lead driver, but then we will see how the season develops."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105346


Well, of course he has to say that. He thrashed Grosjean in every way possible except for some quali sessions in the first half and most of them were justifiable


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 755
I hope we dont get a repeat of the early stages of last year, where Kimi was stronger than Romain but was held back by the team.

Either way, I think Romain will up his game this year. And Kimi should qualify better if the tyres turn out to be as described/predicted. Several wins from Kimi this year and I will be really pleased. Although I think it'll be very tough out there!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
" Raikkonen is arguably the least capable World Champion on the grid.

Last season he showed a strong conservative nature, not wishing to dive in and risk the car in major moves, ducking out of a key overtaking move on Vettel which lost him an early race victory. He finished a lot of races, but it wasn't exactly balls out stuff."

wow... Davies is killing Kimi on this site.... I think passing Schumi at Spa and Hulkenburg at Austin are two of the best moves all year... I am curious where he thinks Webber or Alonso made a bigger "balls move" than Kimi this year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 755
^ Tell me about it. Was a shocking read and kinda made me laugh too..... a little. Is AD the one who favours Alonso?

I agree, some of Kimi's moves last year were TOP drawer. I was very impressed. Especially for someone who had not taken part in regular wheel-wheel racing. It was like the Kimi of old days, very daring and agressive. Really looking forward to seeing him race this year. Providing the car is under him and dialled in correctly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
mika_98 wrote:
^ Tell me about it. Was a shocking read and kinda made me laugh too..... a little. Is AD the one who favours Alonso?

I agree, some of Kimi's moves last year were TOP drawer. I was very impressed. Especially for someone who had not taken part in regular wheel-wheel racing. It was like the Kimi of old days, very daring and agressive. Really looking forward to seeing him race this year. Providing the car is under him and dialled in correctly.



he seemed to imply he ranks the likes of Webber as better... very odd....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:24 pm
Posts: 1445
Hakkattack wrote:
mika_98 wrote:
^ Tell me about it. Was a shocking read and kinda made me laugh too..... a little. Is AD the one who favours Alonso?

I agree, some of Kimi's moves last year were TOP drawer. I was very impressed. Especially for someone who had not taken part in regular wheel-wheel racing. It was like the Kimi of old days, very daring and agressive. Really looking forward to seeing him race this year. Providing the car is under him and dialled in correctly.



he seemed to imply he ranks the likes of Webber as better... very odd....


Fairly sure he said "least capable World Champion".

_________________
PLAY A RECORD KARL COS I'M GUNNA KNOCK YOU OUT!!!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 189
I'd definitely rank Kimi ahead of Button not so sure about Vettel/Alonso/Hamilton though. It was crass for Davies to question Kimi's overtaking skills, he seemed to do more overtaking without DRS than most last year

_________________
Support: Kimi, Lewis, Jenson, THE HULK and Super Kevin Magnussen
Respect: Eyebrow man, Schumi and finally after three long years Sebastian Vettel. Fairplay to the guy he is quick!
Still don't like: Di Resta and his neck glassing team mate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
sgt.hartman wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
mika_98 wrote:
^ Tell me about it. Was a shocking read and kinda made me laugh too..... a little. Is AD the one who favours Alonso?

I agree, some of Kimi's moves last year were TOP drawer. I was very impressed. Especially for someone who had not taken part in regular wheel-wheel racing. It was like the Kimi of old days, very daring and agressive. Really looking forward to seeing him race this year. Providing the car is under him and dialled in correctly.



he seemed to imply he ranks the likes of Webber as better... very odd....


Fairly sure he said "least capable World Champion".


correct, but he later goes on to rank Webber highly was my point and he did not seem to rank Kimi highly either as a Champ or driver period...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Classic, coulthards chin, imbrugliaboy, mcdo, Peter77, shoot999, thesailpattern, wolfie81 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.179s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]