planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:54 pm 

It would have been so nice to see Kimi on the top step but he will win a race this year and unfortunately that is how things go at Ferrari when one driver has a much stronger chance at the WDC. Kimi will get his chance again, if you run in the top 3-4 all season with the best car at lots of the races you will inevitably win a race or two.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:35 am 

NCW wrote:
To lighten up the mood of Kimi-fans who wonder what Kimi might or should do in the future -

He is raising his own racing driver as we speak, he has the skills and the money to put up a F1-team when the time is right - and put mini-Kimi aka Robin Räikkönen on the track 8)

Future F1-drivers, be afraid. Very afraid :twisted:

LOL @ that caption,

That is brilliant picture though. We dont see this side of drivers often with their kids enjoying father - son / daughter time unless you are Rubens or Massa who are very active on social media and post lot of private family stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 am 

Thanks so much NCW for the lovely photo, don't know when it was taken but Kimi looks so happy and relaxed - made my day

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 am 

KIMBO2 wrote:
Thanks so much NCW for the lovely photo, don't know when it was taken but Kimi looks so happy and relaxed - made my day

Aaw KIMBO2, happy that you loved the photo xx

At times like these we need all the joy we can get, gosh my support for Kimi went up sky high after Monaco GP.

Funny thing is, that most top drivers have a PR-company that builds up their public image. While others run after the spotlight, the spotlight chases a running Kimi :twisted:

After Monaco GP, which driver got most attention from the media - again?

Kimi Matias Räikkönen :thumbup:

Swiss Blick:

Quote:
Swiss F1-commentators had a heated debate about Räikkönen's treatment.

Ernst Hausleitner said:

– That was a devilish trick against Kimi. If I were Kimi, then I would leave my Ferrari and walk to my yacht!

Alex Wurz sadi:

– Of course one must ask if Ferrari deliberately took Kimi to the pitstop earlier. There was no need for it. But of course the championship comes first. I understand Ferrari.

Hausleitner:

– The WC-serie is only in the beginning. That is why it is suspicious to act like that - and said that Ferrari threw the WC-serie under the bus.

http://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/oesi- ... 53786.html

Who remembers the fuming and furious Kimi when McLaren had it's umpteenth DNF in Monaco GP 2006?

Funny how the media never analysed that event to bits and pieces, but when Kimi's race was already over in 2008 and he dared to eat an ice cream, media and people went crazy with their Kimi-critisism :uhoh:

Antti's video has a clip about Kimi walking to his yacht in Monaco. You can 'feel' and 'see' how furious Kimi was:

The whole video is a masterpiece, the Kimi-footage is about 2.13:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:40 am 

funkymonkey wrote:
NCW wrote:
To lighten up the mood of Kimi-fans who wonder what Kimi might or should do in the future -

He is raising his own racing driver as we speak, he has the skills and the money to put up a F1-team when the time is right - and put mini-Kimi aka Robin Räikkönen on the track 8)

Future F1-drivers, be afraid. Very afraid :twisted:

LOL @ that caption,

That is brilliant picture though. We dont see this side of drivers often with their kids enjoying father - son / daughter time unless you are Rubens or Massa who are very active on social media and post lot of private family stuff.

Hi funkymonkey :]

Fortunately Kimi's wife Minttu is very active on the social media. For once Kimi doesn't seem to mind it so much, he has always liked children, but now when he has his own son he has gone overly emotional and loving.

I'm waiting to see if he goes overboard with his newborn daughter, aren't dads usually overly protective and loving of their own daughters?

This is great, Kimi as little and Robin as little:

They look similar, Robin and Kimi, and Kimi has always showed his emotions to Robin on the paddock.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:39 pm 

NCW wrote:
KIMBO2 wrote:

At times like these we need all the joy we can get, gosh my support for Kimi went up sky high after Monaco GP.

Funny thing is, that most top drivers have a PR-company that builds up their public image. While others run after the spotlight, the spotlight chases a running Kimi :twisted:

Swiss Blick:

Quote:

Ernst Hausleitner said:

– That was a devilish trick against Kimi. If I were Kimi, then I would leave my Ferrari and walk to my yacht!

Alex Wurz sadi:

– Of course one must ask if Ferrari deliberately took Kimi to the pitstop earlier. There was no need for it. But of course the championship comes first. I understand Ferrari.

Hausleitner:

– The WC-serie is only in the beginning. That is why it is suspicious to act like that - and said that Ferrari threw the WC-serie under the bus.

Who remembers the fuming and furious Kimi when McLaren had it's umpteenth DNF in Monaco GP 2006?

Funny how the media never analysed that event to bits and pieces, but when Kimi's race was already over in 2008 and he dared to eat an ice cream, media and people went crazy with their Kimi-critisism :uhoh:

Antti's video has a clip about Kimi walking to his yacht in Monaco. You can 'feel' and 'see' how furious Kimi was:

Great video

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:56 pm 

@ jimmyj, Antti's videos are stunning masterpieces, he really captures the moment in them :thumbup:

Champagne and Tears:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:10 pm 

NCW really enjoy all your pieces re Kimi, that bit of him throwing his gloves off and then going directly to his yacht brings back so many memories of his McLaren days. Also remember the number of times he was close to a podium place when the engine let go and when the tyre went I think on the last lap of the race - not sure - but it was quite a crash, think he had flat spotted the tyre earlier in race.

As you say we do need some joy especially after the last weekend, I went from being elated to devastated in a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:33 pm 

KIMBO2 wrote:
NCW really enjoy all your pieces re Kimi, that bit of him throwing his gloves off and then going directly to his yacht brings back so many memories of his McLaren days. Also remember the number of times he was close to a podium place when the engine let go and when the tyre went I think on the last lap of the race - not sure - but it was quite a crash, think he had flat spotted the tyre earlier in race.

As you say we do need some joy especially after the last weekend, I went from being elated to devastated in a couple of hours.

Thanks KIMBO2, just call me Wolfie, NCW (NeverCryWolf) feels so impersonal xx

Oh Lord, the Macca-days were filled with agony. With 6 laps to the chequered flag our Finnish commentator always worried 'Will Kimi's car make it to the end", "Will the tyres last to the end" etc. etc.

More than often Kimi had a DNF or the tyres went. Do you remember the close-up footage of Kimi's worn-out tyres during the GPs? Finns are pessimists as it is, imagine us sort of 'knowing' that something bad will happen anyway, lol.

My boss was often at the sites during that time. On Monday morning it was always the same when collecting all faxes. 5-6 faxes with "Yahoo and Jippii, Kimi is leading". Then the last fax was "tyre puncture" or "DNF" and no faxes from him after that. You could sense his disappointment and everyone knew not to bring up Kimi or Formula 1 after those races.

Macca's mechanics told, that after every DNF they knew not to speak to Kimi. They gave way for him when he marched through the garage with his helmet on. Kimi spent some time alone, after which he took the helmet off and walked back to the garage. I doubt anyone of them scolded Kimi in Monaco for walking to his yacht :lol:

Outsiders say that Kimi has no emotions. F*ucking hell, he has emotions and they are genuine! Kimi is like a typical Finn, we don't show our emotions in public, at least the men doesn't do that.

During Macca he was angry as hell, swearing with his helmet on. When he won the WDC he cried out of happiness. Inside his helmet. In Monza last Sunday Kimi showed why he is called the Iceman. He was so p*issed off that you could almost hear the ice fall to the ground :evil:

But he can't conceal his love for Robin, his son. All the pictures taken of Kimi and Robin on the paddock are absolutely heartmelting.

Did you know that Kimi has taken a new tattoo?

Would an unemotional man take a tattoo of his own son?

https://fi-seiska-cdn-prod.seiska.fi/fi ... k=NLyNEX5U

This is the time when Kimi needs our support. It's a shame that we don't often hear how people cheer for Kimi, if Vettel thought he would grow his popularity after last Sunday then he might want to think again!!

Team-fans often don't understand driver-fans. They are loyal to the team no matter what happens, while driver-fans are loyal to the driver and follow him from team to team. Remember how we followed intensively WRC when Kimi was there?

I remember how Bernie and Ecclestone wondered where the Chinese F1-fans had suddenly disappeared. They should had checked the WRC-calendar, Kimi was driving a rally at that time and all Kimi-fans sat in front of the computer following all the stages. The rally-days were fun, weren't they?

But Chinese Kimi-fans are absolutely awesome. This is only the driver parade:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:08 am 

Mika Salo, former F1-driver, said an interesting thing about Kimi and Vettel:

Quote:
Weird statement from Mika Salo: "Vettel isn't better than Räikkönen"

Is Vettel a better driver than Räikkönen?

- I don't believe he is any better than Kimi. Vettel seems to be very winning-orientated though.

- Last season when Kimi started to beat Vettel all the time, it was a huge blow to Vettel's self-esteem. He started to throw tantrums.

http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=1-1&ID=340672

No offense to Vettel, but I remember him getting similar tantrums when Webber started beating Vettel consistently. According to Seb's trainer they were difficult times for both Seb and him also. Webber had decided not to share data with Vettel anymore and Seb threw a fit.

Sorry, but I have difficulties rooting for Vettel. Or Ferrari for that matter.

I understand the Ferrari-fans and their POV, hopefully they also understand our POV.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:19 am 

NCW wrote:

Quote:

- I don't believe he is any better than Kimi. Vettel seems to be very winning-orientated though.

- Last season when Kimi started to beat Vettel all the time, it was a huge blow to Vettel's self-esteem. He started to throw tantrums.

No offense to Vettel, but I remember him getting similar tantrums when Webber started beating Vettel consistently. According to Seb's trainer they were difficult times for both Seb and him also. Webber had decided not to share data with Vettel anymore and Seb threw a fit.

I understand the Ferrari-fans and their POV, hopefully they also understand our POV.

BIB: isn't that what is needed for an F1 driver?

Even as a Kimi supporter, I find it hard to understand anyone saying Vettel isn't better than him. The only time they look comparable is in qualifying, and even there I'd say Vettel looks more consistent. In race pace Vettel looks by far the stronger of the two.

I don't think that Vettel was significantly quicker than Kimi in Monaco and Kimi was more than a bit unlucky with his poor pit strategy, but throughout the year, and in previous ones, he's generally not had an answer to Vettel's race pace or tyre management. Kimi's been on the podium twice so far, while Vettel's never been off it. From a team's perspective, you need a driver who delivers results and Kimi is just far too inconsistent to rely on.

Kimi is a good driver, of that I have no doubt. But saying Vettel's no better than him is a pretty strong bit of denial IMO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 am 

Zoue wrote:
NCW wrote:

Quote:

Even as a Kimi supporter, I find it hard to understand anyone saying Vettel isn't better than him. The only time they look comparable is in qualifying, and even there I'd say Vettel looks more consistent. In race pace Vettel looks by far the stronger of the two.

I don't think that Vettel was significantly quicker than Kimi in Monaco and Kimi was more than a bit unlucky with his poor pit strategy, but throughout the year, and in previous ones, he's generally not had an answer to Vettel's race pace or tyre management. Kimi's been on the podium twice so far, while Vettel's never been off it. From a team's perspective, you need a driver who delivers results and Kimi is just far too inconsistent to rely on.

Kimi is a good driver, of that I have no doubt. But saying Vettel's no better than him is a pretty strong bit of denial IMO

Swap the names and I would say the same to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:57 am 

NCW wrote:
Zoue wrote:
NCW wrote:

Quote:

I'm just going on the available evidence here, really. I'd be more than happy to be wrong but I just don't see it.

Saying Vettel is better is not the same as saying Kimi is poor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm 

Zoue wrote:
NCW wrote:
Zoue wrote:

I'm just going on the available evidence here, really. I'd be more than happy to be wrong but I just don't see it.

Oh but we have heard it multiple times, especially where Ferrari is concerned, and now we should believe the available 'evidence' :lol:

Have you already forgotten the legendary "Felipe, Fernando is faster than you", when Felipe was actually faster?

Ferrari issued a gag order before this season began, stating that only Arrivabene is allowed to give out statements regarding Ferrari.... and we should believe everything that Arrivabene spews out and take it as the absolute truth :uhoh:

Oh and doesn't everybody know, that when stating that someone is faster than Kimi, it always means that Kimi's pace is poor. We have seen it happen so many times. Only a fool wouldn't be capable to see the natural outcome of those statements.

Erm, Arrivabene told Gazzetto dello Sport after Monaco GP, that Kimi has now proved himself, he isn't just driving around - like he has obviously been doing all the time - which is exactly the message Arrivabene was sending out to the public.

Remember the gag order. Finns knew instantly that everything coming out of Arrivabene's mouth are pure lies. Otherwise there would be no need for a gag order.

Wasn't it convenient, that in Monaco GP Kimi's radio silenced immediately after his pitstop?

Ah, but Ferrari had nothing to do with it, right :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:08 pm 

NCW wrote:
Zoue wrote:
NCW wrote:
Zoue wrote:

Oh but we have heard it multiple times, especially where Ferrari is concerned, and now we should believe the available 'evidence' :lol:

Have you already forgotten the legendary "Felipe, Fernando is faster than you", when Felipe was actually faster?

Ferrari issued a gag order before this season began, stating that only Arrivabene is allowed to give out statements regarding Ferrari.... and we should believe everything that Arrivabene spews out and take it as the absolute truth :uhoh:

Oh and doesn't everybody know, that when stating that someone is faster than Kimi, it always means that Kimi's pace is poor. We have seen it happen so many times. Only a fool wouldn't be capable to see the natural outcome of those statements.

Erm, Arrivabene told Gazzetto dello Sport after Monaco GP, that Kimi has now proved himself, he isn't just driving around - like he has obviously been doing all the time - which is exactly the message Arrivabene was sending out to the public.

Remember the gag order. Finns knew instantly that everything coming out of Arrivabene's mouth are pure lies. Otherwise there would be no need for a gag order.

Wasn't it convenient, that in Monaco GP Kimi's radio silenced immediately after his pitstop?

Ah, but Ferrari had nothing to do with it, right :lol:

I'm not sure what you're saying, here. I'm not talking about politics, or how Kimi is being treated. For the record, I feel he has a grievance against them for Monaco, for example.

I'm just saying that the available evidence from all their time together indicates Vettel is the better driver. Kimi looks to have his measure on one lap pace, but in the race he looks less convincing, that's all. This is independant of anything Arrivabene or others may have said or done

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:26 pm 

I don't believe he is any better than Kimi. Vettel seems to be very winning-orientated though.
- Mika Salo

Now, that was yet another lame excuse to throw in. Well, this same phrase could be used for Alonso - Kimi, I suppose. Why not. All other measurable parametrars do not count in the land of Finns.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:42 pm 

Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
This
Is proof positive that drivers don't lose it once they get past age 30-something..
Driving a car at speed can be done quite well, well past the age the media has conditioned the masses to believe.
I remember time when grids were Choc full of drivers past 40 and they were not only quick, but the best of the crop because on top of their speed, they had enough experience to drive around the younger speed demons consistently.

Kudos to the ICE MAN for showing the world he's still one of the best in the sport.

It's impressive, but if a single good qualifying in Monaco (beating his teammate by less than a tenth of a second at that) is 'proof positive' for you, I think you might need to refine your definition...

Actually I don't need to rethink my definition of a driver still having it. If you go back and watch Kimi since his return to F1 with Lotus, it's quite clear from the get he hadn't lost an ounce of speed. What he was missing for a quick minute was consistency in certain areas, but boy was he ever on top of his game. First he told the team they needed to change the steering system and for the races before they changed it both their drivers struggled a bit even though the package they had had some speed to it. Once they changed the system both driver were able to immediately yield better results.

And while he was beaten by Alonso once he got back to Ferrari, some of the same front end issues plagued the car and once they addressed his concerns he was again immediately quicker, though still not quite on pace with Alonso. Then Vettel slightly edged Kimi in a struggling car initially, but Kimi was still able to figure some things out during races to squeak out faster laps than his teammate.

This year Kimi has been on pace with Vettel consistently but Vettel has managed to edge out Kimi by a smidgen several times, but Kimi has been quicker than Vettel at times as well.

Alonso is just a few years younger than Kimi, but he's the age where most folks tend to believe reflexes begin to diminish and he's CLEARLY still one of the very best drivers in all of F1, and I'm not so sure you put him in either a Ferrari or Mercedes in 2017 and he isn't the one everyone else feels they need to beat each week.

The bottom line is that many believe drivers begin to lose some of their ability somewhere in their mid 30's because in the more physical sports, that's the age athletes begin to decline. However, driving a car at speed is a unique activity in where the body doesn't begin to fall apart, and the senses don't begin to diminish either. And as for Reflexes, it has been my experience that as long as you continue doing things that force you to continue to rely on them, they will not only remain acute, but they can even get better.

As a teenager, I got into exotic animals and reptiles and particularly with reptiles, I dealt with many venomous snakes as well as some non-venomous breeds like the Amazon Tree Boa which can never be tame, but strikes insanely quick and has rows of long teeth that curve backwards towards their throats. With the venomous breeds, I had to handle quite a few different ones, and there were only a few I would never handle which were the King Cobras and the Canebrakes. Just too quick for anyone, period. However, working with these dangerous animals, my already quick reflexes improved constantly and when I played competitive racquetball, my reflexes would leave people scratching their heads. And now at 43 I'm still as quick as ever with my hands and feet, though the hip replacement hinders my right leg due to the interruption of electrical impulse whenever I react too quickly.

My point is, that F1 drivers today, not only hone and work on their reflexes continuously, but the fact they keep themselves in peek physical condition also helps them maintain their overall arsenal of skills and abilities. So no, the single "good" qualifying at one race is not proof positive that top tier drivers don't lose much of anything by age 40 or beyond, it's merely the most recent example of what I grew up watching and know to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:32 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
This
Is proof positive that drivers don't lose it once they get past age 30-something..
Driving a car at speed can be done quite well, well past the age the media has conditioned the masses to believe.
I remember time when grids were Choc full of drivers past 40 and they were not only quick, but the best of the crop because on top of their speed, they had enough experience to drive around the younger speed demons consistently.

Kudos to the ICE MAN for showing the world he's still one of the best in the sport.

It's impressive, but if a single good qualifying in Monaco (beating his teammate by less than a tenth of a second at that) is 'proof positive' for you, I think you might need to refine your definition...

Actually I don't need to rethink my definition of a driver still having it. If you go back and watch Kimi since his return to F1 with Lotus, it's quite clear from the get he hadn't lost an ounce of speed. What he was missing for a quick minute was consistency in certain areas, but boy was he ever on top of his game. First he told the team they needed to change the steering system and for the races before they changed it both their drivers struggled a bit even though the package they had had some speed to it. Once they changed the system both driver were able to immediately yield better results.

And while he was beaten by Alonso once he got back to Ferrari, some of the same front end issues plagued the car and once they addressed his concerns he was again immediately quicker, though still not quite on pace with Alonso. Then Vettel slightly edged Kimi in a struggling car initially, but Kimi was still able to figure some things out during races to squeak out faster laps than his teammate.

This year Kimi has been on pace with Vettel consistently but Vettel has managed to edge out Kimi by a smidgen several times, but Kimi has been quicker than Vettel at times as well.

Alonso is just a few years younger than Kimi, but he's the age where most folks tend to believe reflexes begin to diminish and he's CLEARLY still one of the very best drivers in all of F1, and I'm not so sure you put him in either a Ferrari or Mercedes in 2017 and he isn't the one everyone else feels they need to beat each week.

The bottom line is that many believe drivers begin to lose some of their ability somewhere in their mid 30's because in the more physical sports, that's the age athletes begin to decline. However, driving a car at speed is a unique activity in where the body doesn't begin to fall apart, and the senses don't begin to diminish either. And as for Reflexes, it has been my experience that as long as you continue doing things that force you to continue to rely on them, they will not only remain acute, but they can even get better.

As a teenager, I got into exotic animals and reptiles and particularly with reptiles, I dealt with many venomous snakes as well as some non-venomous breeds like the Amazon Tree Boa which can never be tame, but strikes insanely quick and has rows of long teeth that curve backwards towards their throats. With the venomous breeds, I had to handle quite a few different ones, and there were only a few I would never handle which were the King Cobras and the Canebrakes. Just too quick for anyone, period. However, working with these dangerous animals, my already quick reflexes improved constantly and when I played competitive racquetball, my reflexes would leave people scratching their heads. And now at 43 I'm still as quick as ever with my hands and feet, though the hip replacement hinders my right leg due to the interruption of electrical impulse whenever I react too quickly.

My point is, that F1 drivers today, not only hone and work on their reflexes continuously, but the fact they keep themselves in peek physical condition also helps them maintain their overall arsenal of skills and abilities. So no, the single "good" qualifying at one race is not proof positive that top tier drivers don't lose much of anything by age 40 or beyond, it's merely the most recent example of what I grew up watching and know to be.

F1MERCENARY, well written and awesome story about the reptiles, gosh I never thought of their reflexes, so thank you very much :thumbup:

Sky reporters were in awe over Kimi's reflexes when he was in Lotus, the video is well worth watching, since it also shows what a gentlemanlike driver Hamilton has turned into during his years in F1 - unfortunately everyone doesn't learn it:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:37 pm 

Prema wrote:
I don't believe he is any better than Kimi. Vettel seems to be very winning-orientated though.
- Mika Salo

Now, that was yet another lame excuse to throw in. Well, this same phrase could be used for Alonso - Kimi, I suppose. Why not. All other measurable parametrars do not count in the land of Finns.

Prema, don't you know that in the land of Finns we bash Finns and Finns only :twisted:

Hence it is surprising to hear a Finn talk good about Räikkönen, which makes one scratch the head even more.... have they changed or.... could there actually be some truth in what they are saying?

Nah, you seem to know us better than we know ourselves :-P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:39 pm 

NCW wrote:
KIMBO2 wrote:

Swiss Blick:

Quote:

Ernst Hausleitner said:

Alex Wurz sadi:

Hausleitner:

nice video, i enjoyed watching that, i still remember that guy that walked over the straight in hokkenheim in 98

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:48 pm 

Sonic4liv3 wrote:
NCW wrote:

nice video, i enjoyed watching that, i still remember that guy that walked over the straight in hokkenheim in 98

Sonic4liv3, nice to hear that you also remembered the incident in Hokkenheim :thumbup:

I remember sitting with a friend's hubby on the couch following the GP - it was their child's birthday but they let me first watch the race without any disturbance. Didn't think of it until you mentioned it :]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 pm 

NCW wrote:
Prema wrote:
- Mika Salo

Prema, don't you know that in the land of Finns we bash Finns and Finns only :twisted:

Hence it is surprising to hear a Finn talk good about Räikkönen, which makes one scratch the head even more.... have they changed or.... could there actually be some truth in what they are saying?

Nah, you seem to know us better than we know ourselves :-P

Hmm.. I didn't know that. Then the land of Finns might not be like the rest of Scandinavia where the neighbors like to bash each others. Well.
Otherwise, it's not that deep really. It usually is so that the folks from outside of the bubble have another kind of view than those folks inside of it...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 pm 

NCW wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
This

F1MERCENARY, well written and awesome story about the reptiles, gosh I never thought of their reflexes, so thank you very much :thumbup:

Sky reporters were in awe over Kimi's reflexes when he was in Lotus, the video is well worth watching, since it also shows what a gentlemanlike driver Hamilton has turned into during his years in F1 - unfortunately everyone doesn't learn it:

Glad you enjoyed my write up. That QUICK adjustment by Kimi is something only a select few can do and the last several seasons Kimi has done this more than anyone, particularly with Verstappen in having to take evasive action due to Verstappen's dangerous antics.

The other driver I immediately think of doing this as well was Rosberg when he was light years ahead of an out of control Kamikazi Ricciardo careening down the inside. Rosberg's ultra-quick reaction there kept them from crashing, yet Ricciardo received so much praise from fans for the poorly calculated attempt.

Must be something in Finnish blood, no wait, Bottas actually hit Kimi. LOL

I keed, I keed! That was an unfortunate incident as Bottas was ahead significantly enough to think Kimi couldn't get alongside by the apex but Kimi took such a beautiful line and made the apex perfectly and would have likely shot past had there not been contact because he was carrying so much more speed than Bottas. I could honestly respect the argument either way on this one, but that was sensational stuff from Kimi there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
NCW wrote:

Glad you enjoyed my write up. That QUICK adjustment by Kimi is something only a select few can do and the last several seasons Kimi has done this more than anyone, particularly with Verstappen in having to take evasive action due to Verstappen's dangerous antics.

The other driver I immediately think of doing this as well was Rosberg when he was light years ahead of an out of control Kamikazi Ricciardo careening down the inside. Rosberg's ultra-quick reaction there kept them from crashing, yet Ricciardo received so much praise from fans for the poorly calculated attempt.

Must be something in Finnish blood, no wait, Bottas actually hit Kimi. LOL

I keed, I keed! That was an unfortunate incident as Bottas was ahead significantly enough to think Kimi couldn't get alongside by the apex but Kimi took such a beautiful line and made the apex perfectly and would have likely shot past had there not been contact because he was carrying so much more speed than Bottas. I could honestly respect the argument either way on this one, but that was sensational stuff from Kimi there.

Thank you F1MERCENARY, awesome analysis of driving styles :thumbup:

Like you wrote, the bad guy gets praised and the good guy gets put down - too often.

Lol, Finns are very wary of their own space, maybe that's why Kimi has become so spatially aware!

Joking aside, here's what Kimi wrote in his review years ago:

Quote:
“- You learn to find the right braking points when you are 6-years old, when driving karting. It should be natural that these things are clear at this level.

- I don't know about the rest, but at least my dad Matti marked the right braking points with sticks, so that me and my brother knew where to brake.”

Kimi's outburst came after a race where he was pushed out by another F1-driver, who didn't know the right braking points :evil:

As for our need of personal space again:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm 

Aaw, Robin Ace Matias Räikkönen's Christening, from Minttu Räikkönen's own blog:

Quote:
Robin Ace Matias Räikkönen

29.5.2015 by minttuvirtanen

During Easter we had our son’s christening in Finland. The name was already out in the open because in Switzerland babies already get their names before they are born. We thought about the name for several months and had quite a few options. Naturally the name has to go well with the surname, but we also wanted a name that would be easy to pronounce abroad.

In the end we decided on Robin, or rather I did and luckily Kimi also thought this would be a good name for our boy. Our good friend, and Robin’s godfather, Gino came up with the second name Ace.

Gino also works at Ferrari, and makes sure everybody there calls the boy Ace. I like names that have a story behind them, and Ace definitely has that :).

This is the message I got from Gino while we were thinking of names:

”Ace is for sure with the make up on one of the most recognized guitarists ever !! Everybody know Kiss faces !!

So Gino says Iceman is one of the coolest sports people ever , could he have a child with a normal name ??? No !!

Aceman is the son of Iceman making sure that the cool DNA continues with the Raikkonen name :-)

The third name Matias is also Kimi’s second name.

We kept the christening small, just among our closest friends and family. It was very laid back and exactly what we wanted. For me it was a very emotional day, so there aren’t many printable pictures of the red eyed mother. However, the rest of the pictures are wonderful thanks to my cousin Lotta:

This is what the little man’s big day looked like <3

Minttu
http://blogit.kauneusjaterveys.fi/mintt ... /#comments

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:39 pm 

Awesome interviews with Minttu Räikkönen, she if anyone can open up about Kimi's special personality:

Quote:
Minttu Virtanen: I don't go crazy over money or fortune

It's a normal morning of a family with a baby. The night has been peaceful, because the baby woke up to eat at 7 a.m. The couple is making coffee and eating rye bread with slices of cheese and cucumber. The 4-months old baby is still sleeping upstairs. The father of the family has a rare day off.

– Are you sure that you don't need me here today? the man asks.

His wife assures him that everything is okay. He grabs a backpack goes hobbying. Today he intends to drive motocross.

– Drive safely, honey.

She gives a kiss to her man and pours more coffee.

Hermès and paper towels

Minna-Mari Virtanen, sounds like woman who can park the babycarriage on a restaurant's terrace. have a cup of coffee and let an unknown women peek in the carriage. The everyday life is not so simple though, if your hubby is F1-driver Kimi Räikkönen and you are the mother of his child.

Minttu's and Kimi's love story began a couple years ago at a party thrown by mutual friends.

Before meeting Kimi for the first time, Minttu didn't think much about him. It all changed, when Kimi proved out to be everything else than the Iceman. He made Minttu laugh. The next day Minttu went to see their mutual friend at Kimi's cottage and the rest is history.

A few years ago Minttu served bread rolls to passangers on Fly-Be's flights. Now she is being catered in a private plane. Her one-room flat has changed into hundreds of squaremeters in Switzerland Baar and Helsinki.

In Kaskisaari there is a bag of bananas and paper towels on the dining table. There is also a black Hermès Birk. the world's most wanted handbag. The sun shines in through a window, which has the size of a wall, and you can see the terrace, the dock and the ocean. On the left wall there is a fireplace, over seven metres high.

– When I ordered the curtains, I thought it would be no big deal to put them up, instead it required almost a crane to put them up, Minttu laughs.

She has furnished the living room with Italian design. Minttu's family lives their everyday life inside a locked gateway and with a top notch security system. There nobody stops to stare, hands their cellphones or starts to tell how they should live with a baby.

Nanny from the Danish Court

Suddenly the elevator's hissing sound is heard, and after that a small and happy utterance. The baby has woken up and he is coming downstairs in his nanny's arms.

– Sweetheart! Minttu cries and opens her arms.

The baby's face is all smiles and his tiny legs kick madly. Robin Räikkönen, who now is in his mother's lap, looks just like his father.

They hired a nanny from Iceland through an international agency for nannies. Minttu interviewed six candidates before she found the best one. Robin's nanny had earlier taken care of children in the Danish Royal Court.

Robin is going to be raised bilingual with the help of the nanny. They have ordered a whole bunch of children's books from England, and they are in constant use.

Minttu tells how she was criticized in the public for getting a nanny. People have wondered if she doesn't have time to look after her own child.

To all critics: Kimi is away a lot and he wants to make sure that Minttu and Robin won't suffer at that time. Add to that that their actual home is in Switzerland, far away from relatives and supporters.

– I think it would be unreasonable to ask help from Kimi, especially when he is preparing for important races.

Minttu raises her jaw as if to assure her own words. She puts down her coffeecup in a controlled manner and her being is cool like a cucumber, completely different from Minttu's outgoing and sporty public image.

– This is my role. If our roles were reversed, then I'm sure Kimi would come to the paddock to support me. Kimi has taught me, that I shouldn't be too nice.

Fortunately she doesn't have to worry about envy or blackpainting in her own home. That is, if she can stay away from certain websites. These day she avoids them. At first she was horrified and didn't understand, how unknown people could attack her only because of the pictures.

– I was very hurt, until Kimi told me not to read anonymous comments. The comments only tell how badly some people suffer within.

Minttu can count her friends with one hand's fingers. To them Minttu is the same old Minttu as before. But towards others she is becoming a fitting spouse to the Iceman. An Icewoman, who's expression and gestures remain calm, even if milk would spill on the Italian design-couch, or if she would be surrounded by sea of cameras.

Kimi didn't want a wuss

We are both strong-willed and stubborn, Minttu says.

– But we don't fight. Kimi appreciates that I have my own opinions. He didn't want to mary any wuss.

Minttu is already anticipating battles of wills even with Robin.

– I am happy that we had a son. I understand boys. As a child I played football or icehockey rather than played with barbies.

Minttu was never interested in school. She was a daredevil. It is difficult to believe it now, when Minttu sits on the chair with grace and stock-still, like she would be at an official dinner. Minttu tells, that her mom was very strict about table manners, cleaning and money. Although they didnt count every euro, her mom raised them to buy only what they need. She got new jeans only after she had cleaned her room. Mom was affectionate, but you never messed with her.

– I tried though, but mom always won in the end, just like it is supposed to be.

- My four years older sister was a poster child, but I wanted to do everything opposite.

Her mother was CEO in a logistic company. Their home was spotless and the mother always made dinner for the family.

– Without mom our everyday life wouldn't had been running.

Mom's death changed everything

Minttu shows a framed photograph. On one side is her mom as a young woman, thoughful with round cheeks. The collars of her blouse are straight.

On the other side is young Minttu, with bare shoulders, hair in a bun and a twisted glimpse in the eyes. Mother and daughter. The style is different, but the similarity is obvious.

Minttu was 19-years old, when her mother suddenly died at 45-years old at home of a brain heammoraghe. That is when Minttu's life didn't only change. It collapsed.

– At first I didn't want to talk about it. Yet the human mind is such, that it won't dwell in difficulties for a long time. I had to start living the daily life.

Minttu studied business economics and worked in a store. She lived in a fog. It helped a lot to stay busy in school, work and hobbies.

– Mom's death made me stronger - and harder. I understood, that life never goes as you have planned.

– Which is why I can't paint pictures of the future, I rather live in the moment.

Not to the paddock like to a night club

After her mom's death, Minttu spent a lot of time with her dad and they supported each other.

Sporty Minttu loves running, but after Robin's birth she has reduced her jogging to three times a week. Minttu keeps a blog and thinks of it as her job.

- I get a salary.

Minttu presents in her blog her paddock-style, gives training advice and Monaco-hashtags. She even posted about Robin's Christening with lightblue Macaroni-cakes. You can see the same straight-forwardness in Instagram, where she posts pictures of her family and sprinkles hearts. Minttu justifies her openness:

– I get to decide what is written about me. Media copies my texts on their websites.

Minttu thinks that she will work in the future with sport, wellbeing or fashion. Whatever it is, it has to be close to her heart. She doesn't have to worry about money.

– Some may complain that I have a 10.000 dollar handbag. Yeah... it was given to me as a present and I'm not going to give it away, even if it would annoy some people. It doesn't meant that I'm crazy about money or fortunes.

What have you done to your husband?

When Kimi is racing, Minttu and Robin travel with him. They skip Brazil's and Mexico's races for security reasons. Minttu doesn't also think that it's fair to fly a child to USA, due to the jet lag.

They have decided to keep their house in Kaskisaari, altough they only visit Finland once in a month. The house and the yard are idealistic for a family with children.

Kimi comes home and you can see how the sun shines from his eyes.

What have you done to that man, Minttu?

- Kimi has realized that life can't be lived like before. He has learned to appreciate that he has something stable: a family. And he has realized this all by himself. I haven't guided him in that matter.

Minttu and Kimi don't think about marriage right away. However it would be nice to have the same surname. Tough experiences have taught Minttu, that it's difficult to imagine your life ten years ahead. But you can always hope, and the hope is clear.

– It would mean that Robin has a little sister. The baby can be a boy too.

Minttu smiles. Her shy smile originates from Tuusula and there is nothing more genuine that that.

– I love you to the moon and back from it, the nanny reads to Robin.

http://www.elle.fi/muoti-kauneus/uutise ... isuudesta/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:44 pm 

Do you know this side of Kimi 8O

Quote:
Minttu Virtanen: "Kimi would take a bullet for me"

Minttu Virtanen, 28, opens her eyes and smiles when watching at her sleeping sweetheart, Kimi Räikkönen. Little Robin giggles in her arms. Minttu gives him a kiss on the forehead. She is happiest here and now.

– When Kimi wakes up, he brings me breakfast to bed.

To Minttu it is an important gesture of love.

– Kimi would take a bullet for me. He is completely dedicated to the family and he always thinks about us first. In work he is selfish and hard, at home he is warm and wonderful. At home you wouldn't even notice who he is and what he does for his living..

Kimi and Minttu are best friends. They tell everything to each other. When Minttu chats about clothes she has bought, Kimi has the energy to listen.

– As long as Kimi is by my side I don't miss anything.

Trusting issues

– When we met, all I could think was 'what a wonderful human being'. I didn't think 'wish he was my boyfriend.'

Quite the opposite, Minttu was horrified by the thought.

– I had followed Kimi's life from the magazines, and I was afraid that he would treat me just as badly. I remember thinking: 'f'ucking hell, am I really doing this".

– I couldn't trust Kimi completely, but neither did Kimi trust me. It was so damn sad. Kim always has to think, if people's actions to him are genuine, or do they want to take advantage of him in some way. It took time before Kimi let me close to him.

In November 2013 Minttu moved with Kimi to their home in Kaskisaari. In May 2014 she moved to Kimi's house in Switzerland.

– It was difficult to stop working and leave Finland. However I was happy to finally be together with Kimi. Finland had become an distressing place for us and it was hard to be apart from each other.

We had dated for a year.

– We talked about it for a long time. Kimi wanted me to stop working, so that we could see each other more. I started to believe strongly that our relationship will last and that Kimi will take care of me.

The pregnancy came soon after that

After a few weeks Minttu felt sick. Kimi believed that she was pregnant.

– We had just decided to try to get pregnant. I didn't believe it would happen so fast.

Kimi stormed to the store and bought a bunch of pregnancy tests.

– I took the test three times before believing that I was really pregnant. I felt confused, but also so happy.

When the contractions finally began, the couple went to the hospital. But the birth didn't start. Kimi and Minttu went back home through the grocery store.

– That's when I got another contraction and my water broke. We went to the hospital at noon, and Robin Ace Matias Räikkönen was born at 9.27 p.m.

Minttu felt safe all the time. She had a doctor and five nurses. Kimi held her hand.

– Kimi wondered afterwards because I didn't even scream. He was really proud of me.

Switzerland is my home

The everyday life consists of taking care of the baby, training together and cooking.

– Kimi is often the chef. I assist him, but Kimi doesn't allow me to use the knife, Minttu laughs.

After dinner we just chill.

– I enjoy that so much. Robin is with his nanny in the evening and Kimi and I go out to eat.

Mom's death made me stronger

– I want to be like my mom was: loving and affectionate, yet strict. I want Robin to learn manners when he is a small child. For my mom family always came first.

A nanny enables free-time

– When Ferrari found out about my pregnancy, they told Kimi immediately to get a good nanny. And Kimi was definite about it. Kimi wanted that when he is away, there is somebody at home who makes sure that everything is good with us.

– Thanks to the nanny I can be a much better mom and wife. I have time to give attention to my man. When a baby is born, too often it goes so that the person who was involved in the babymaking is forgotten.

If I find something nice, I buy it

At home Minttu loves to wear Kimi's hoodies and shorts, but she makes an effort for the races.

– I couldn't wear the same clothes twice at the paddock, otherwise hell would be loose in the media.

– It's amusing and sad. You can critisize what I look like and my relationship with Kimi, but motherhood is a very personal thing for me. I don't take any critisism of that.

– I enjoy that we can do what we want, but our feelings for each other have always been the most important thing.

Kimi wants more children

Kimi asked Minttu to marry him on her birthday, 12.11.2014.

– After Robin's birth, a princess wedding means nothing to me. Only the change of my surname. We are going to marry when Robin can walk and understands what a wedding means.

– Kimi is more enthusiastic than I am when it comes to children. He would be ready to make another baby immediately. As would I also, unless the pregnancy wouldn't be so limiting. I don't want our children to have a big age difference.

http://www.kauneusjaterveys.fi/seksi-su ... puolestani

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:33 pm 

Kimi scores a hat rick

https://youtu.be/usQ2V09Kz7M

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 pm 

Vittu!
-Kimi Räikkönen

(Seems the swearing beeper guy havent studied finnish enough)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:21 pm 

DanmanFIN wrote:
Vittu!
-Kimi Räikkönen

(Seems the swearing beeper guy havent studied finnish enough)

DanmanFIN, maybe Kimi has figured out how to safely vent out by using Finnish cursewords, lol.

Do you remember during a WRC-rally Kimi's undying pearls of wisdom?

"Vittujen kevät"

Try translating that to your foreign friends :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:31 pm 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
Kimi scores a hat rick

https://youtu.be/usQ2V09Kz7M

Thank you, ob1kenobi.23 :D

For once it was actually fun to watch football :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:41 pm 

F*****g bottas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:21 pm 

Bottas's amateur mistakes and the stewards reactions are aggravating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:05 pm 

https://youtu.be/gjK_VDngUkQ

Gets funny at 56 secs

If link does not work look for "Baku 2017 Kimi freaking out missing steering wheel"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:44 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-uQtTbfP4
Kimi's "cool" birthday gift to Sebastian.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:07 pm 

Prema wrote:

:lol:

He could have given the sculpture an ice cream to hold...

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 pm 

Prema wrote:

Haha, that's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:44 pm 

Prema wrote:

Cool stuff, although its PR stuff you can actually picture Kimi doing something like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 pm 

Exactly what Vettel needs, something to cool his head over the raceweekends!

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:30 pm 

So bummed out for him, he deserved second.