planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 am 

Actually the chance to lose 3rd is pretty low... Hamilton has to finish 1st or 2nd. If he comes 2nd Kimi has to finish 9th or higher...
If Hamilton wins Kimi has to be at least 5th and i don't think Mclaren can do 2 on a row...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:48 am 

The problem was what I was suspecting...He was struggling with colder temperatures at the time he was slow. As he himself said that the clouds made the track colder..With kimi's style he just struggles with colder temperatures. Anyways really impressed by Kimi's pace on softer tyres and in the end...Great move on the HULK and fair play to Hulk as well..Looks a kimisque type driver Fast, aggressive but, sensible.

Keeping fingers crossed for a podium in Brazil though, it is expected to be a wet weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:51 am 

the bad news is weather forecast for sao paulo will be raining on sat and sun! sigh...

Nicole's translation on Texas and weather problem: http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=793

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 am 

Fountoukos13 wrote:
Actually the chance to lose 3rd is pretty low... Hamilton has to finish 1st or 2nd. If he comes 2nd Kimi has to finish 9th or higher...
If Hamilton wins Kimi has to be at least 5th and i don't think Mclaren can do 2 on a row...

Agree, if Kimi keeps performing as usual the risk is low to lose the 3rd.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am 

Jinx wrote:
the bad news is weather forecast for sao paulo will be raining on sat and sun! sigh...

Nicole's translation on Texas and weather problem: http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=793

and this translates as: 'we might have a serious problem in Sao Paulo' :(

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm 

Hey guys,

Heikki Kulta has asked if Kimi fans would like to ask Kimi questions. Nicole translated his invitation here http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=804

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 pm 

Gosh I hate the dumb a** debate going on...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 pm 

I think it will be a tough challenge to keep 3rd. It's been all along especially after the break.

The fact that he's been able to hang on to it till the last race is mind boggling. I won't be surprised if he loses it to be honest, and if he was able to keep it then hats off

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm 

If Kimi finishes top 5-6 he would be safe. It is also hotter in Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:

Weather is rainy.. Lotus will be screwed and Ferrari are the best in those conditions..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:

Weather is rainy.. Lotus will be screwed and Ferrari are the best in those conditions..

Well think positive, how reliable is the forecasts in 6-7 days :-P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:

Well think positive, how reliable is the forecasts in 6-7 days :-P

I'm betting on Kimi's luck not the reliability of the forecast. We all know his luck is shit lol

Even sunny Texas threw in a cloud to bother Kimi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 pm 

Hey guys. Really mixed feelings after the Austin race. I put them into words in my usual Kimi-centered review.

Slippery When Dry, Unsporting When Possible: http://f1bias.com/2012/11/19/austin-gp-12-slippery-when-dry/

I know not all will agree on some of my views, but thats the beauty of having one. A view that is 8)

Le blog: http://f1bias.com/

Kimi fans on FB: http://www.facebook.com/groups/kimifanclub/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm 

Kimi with the beer after winning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvksdE2Z ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 pm 

Abu dhabi race edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fpqbVP1 ... watch-vrec

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 am 

F1nsider wrote:

Great links thx!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:05 am 

Jinx wrote:

I really hope there is rain. Otherwise its looking hopeless for Alonso. But you guys have nothing to worry about. McLaren is traditionally poor in Brazil. I don't think Hamilton can gain 17 points on Kimi there whether its dry or wet.

What I find interesting though is that Kimi's recent interviews indicate he is quite serious about keeping this 3rd place. In years gone by he might have said that it doesn't matter unless you win the championship.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:15 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:
Jinx wrote:

I really hope there is rain. Otherwise its looking hopeless for Alonso. But you guys have nothing to worry about. McLaren is traditionally poor in Brazil. I don't think Hamilton can gain 17 points on Kimi there whether its dry or wet.

What I find interesting though is that Kimi's recent interviews indicate he is quite serious about keeping this 3rd place. In years gone by he might have said that it doesn't matter unless you win the championship.

I think that's PR talk, I think he said at some point if he can't win the WDC he hopes he'll finish below 3rd so he doesn't have to attend the gala.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:
Jinx wrote:

Yeah, suddenly there are things that interest him in F1 :S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 am 

Soren wrote:
Hey guys. Really mixed feelings after the Austin race. I put them into words in my usual Kimi-centered review.

Slippery When Dry, Unsporting When Possible: http://f1bias.com/2012/11/19/austin-gp-12-slippery-when-dry/

I know not all will agree on some of my views, but thats the beauty of having one. A view that is 8)

Thanks Soren. Good read as always. Any substance to the financial issues around the bonus?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:
Jinx wrote:

he actually said it as recent as about a month ago :) but seems like he changed his mind recently

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am 

Soren wrote:

good review Soren, but I am afraid it's not tyres anymore - it is how Lotus work with them. Others (top temas of course) didn't have an issue of such degree with tyres (narrow working window). Apart from Merc of course. Race 19... it is a car by now and team not being able to get it working with tyres in such situations. If tyres working for... let's say 80% of cars, it's difficult to blame them now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 am 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104415

Eric said problem with wheel gun and tyre grainning cost kimi in austin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 pm 

so Kimi needs 5th place or better to hold 3rd in the title race.... of course if Lewis does not win then it is much easier for Kimi to hold 3rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V86JRVaVCNQ&t=8m27s

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm 

Courtesy of Nicole

Räikkönen’s Lotus doesn’t like it in the shadows

F1 | Turun Sanomat 11:18

If Räikkönen keeps his position - 16 points ahead of Lewis Hamilton - then Finland will get their third WDC-Bronze and the tenth WC-medal in their whole history.

– If the season would begin right now, then it would be much easier for us to get all things in place. Now we learned during the beginning of the season and it took a while before we got everything to work efficiently. In that sense I believe that next season will be easier as long as we can build a good car again, Räikkönen thinks.

– This season we had a bit problems after the summer break since our car didn't improve enough when compared to a few others. The new exhaust pipe improved the situation and the car has worked better and better due to that, since we have been able to develop it more.

Did the exhaust pipe based on the Coanda-effect come too late?

click here to continue reading the article http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1031

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 pm 

Jinx wrote:
Courtesy of Nicole

Räikkönen’s Lotus doesn’t like it in the shadows

F1 | Turun Sanomat 11:18

If Räikkönen keeps his position - 16 points ahead of Lewis Hamilton - then Finland will get their third WDC-Bronze and the tenth WC-medal in their whole history.

– If the season would begin right now, then it would be much easier for us to get all things in place. Now we learned during the beginning of the season and it took a while before we got everything to work efficiently. In that sense I believe that next season will be easier as long as we can build a good car again, Räikkönen thinks.

– This season we had a bit problems after the summer break since our car didn't improve enough when compared to a few others. The new exhaust pipe improved the situation and the car has worked better and better due to that, since we have been able to develop it more.

Did the exhaust pipe based on the Coanda-effect come too late?

click here to continue reading the article http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1031

thanks for this Jinx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm 

NCW is missed. Is she banned?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:09 pm 

When will kimi break the most consecutive races without dnf?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

We lost some of the members of this "team" due to some discussions about the rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:36 pm 

I thought he broke that streak after Austin?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:37 pm 

dry for qualy, wet for race... that could be good for Lotus as they do not have the pace in the wet to put the car up front. However, Kimi can hold others off in the rain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
dry for qualy, wet for race... that could be good for Lotus as they do not have the pace in the wet to put the car up front. However, Kimi can hold others off in the rain

If that's the forecast, they can easily set the car up purely for quali, and before the race, if it did rain, the tems are allowed to tweak the setup of the car for safety reasons (plz correct me if I'm wrong). They have nothing to lose to take that gamble. If it doesn't rain, well.. G'luck lol

I'd take the risk if it means that they could have a chance for the win. Also Gros is an excellent qualifier, so Lotus can actually play a huge role in deciding the championship.

If I was Boullier, I'd draft money transfer instructions to Lotus account and send them to Ferrari and Redbull during the race and yield for the highest bidder ;) .. That'll secure next year's financing lol..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm 

kimisdabest wrote:

He is currently tied for 10th with Vettel in the list. One more and he goes up to 7th. 1st is Heidfeld with 33 consecutive race finishes, 2nd Rosberg with 27 and 3rd Schumacher with 24. He broke the record for the most laps during a season though and he will tie schumacher for completing every lap in a year at Interlagos.

Edit: He didn't broke the record for most laps during a season. Monteiro is first with 1125(2005), Barrichello 1122 (2005), Kimi 1121 at the moment...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:55 am 

Fountoukos13 wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:

He is currently tied for 10th with Vettel in the list. One more and he goes up to 7th. 1st is Heidfeld with 33 consecutive race finishes, 2nd Rosberg with 27 and 3rd Schumacher with 24. He broke the record for the most laps during a season though and he will tie schumacher for completing every lap in a year at Interlagos.

Edit: He didn't broke the record for most laps during a season. Monteiro is first with 1125(2005), Barrichello 1122 (2005), Kimi 1121 at the moment...

I think he holds the record for most most km's per season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am 

SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

We lost some of the members of this "team" due to some discussions about the rules

the only rule that I think is worth losing a member for is "no Flavio in a thong picture". was it that one ? I hope it was because I miss NWC. :] and where is Leen26 ? did she leave too ? she was my arch enemy on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 pm 

Fountoukos13 wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:

The last time Kimi retired in the race was on 2009 Germany Grand Prix.so He hold 27 race in hands now...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 pm 

callMEcrazy wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

the only rule that I think is worth losing a member for is "no Flavio in a thong picture". was it that one ? I hope it was because I miss NWC. :] and where is Leen26 ? did she leave too ? she was my arch enemy on the forum.

Good question I remember she was very active on this thread before I signed. My old nickname got banned I believe. I only found out after months of lurking and I wanted to post then I asked the mods and they told me the system shows them that it's banned only. Maybe they had the same fate? or they broke the ruels? I dunno

There was Raikkonen and another die-hard Kimi fan who disappeared also. Both were a great source of Kimi pictures and vids

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm 

F1.com interview

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14087.html

So funny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 pm 

Translated by Nicole

Lotus-team's economy in the toilet - Ecclestone is paying Räikkönen's salary?

21.11.2012 Ilta-Sanomat

There is more information coming in about Lotus-team's poor finanacial situation. According to Auto Motor und Sport, salaries to employees in Lotus-team are more or less overdue.

Lotus is now waiting for the next payment from F1-boss Bernie Ecclestone so that the team can pay the salaries to stardriver Kimi Räikkönen and 493 employees... continue reading at http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1037