planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm 

^^
oh dear that's bad news IF true:uhoh: (and this is not the first time we're hearing about these rumours either :? ). Hope Lotus can find some good sponsors as soon as possible :thumbup:

Thanks Nicole for the translations :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 pm 

Jinx wrote:
Translated by Nicole

Lotus-team's economy in the toilet - Ecclestone is paying Räikkönen's salary?

21.11.2012 Ilta-Sanomat

There is more information coming in about Lotus-team's poor finanacial situation. According to Auto Motor und Sport, salaries to employees in Lotus-team are more or less overdue.

Lotus is now waiting for the next payment from F1-boss Bernie Ecclestone so that the team can pay the salaries to stardriver Kimi Räikkönen and 493 employees... continue reading at http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1037

they have 500 employees? that is a ton. that does not seem right at all.

Hate hearing about these money problems. So glad they held 4th in the title race. If Ro Gro kept his car on track they could be in 3rd.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm 

pitstop wrote:
^^
oh dear that's bad news IF true:uhoh: (and this is not the first time we're hearing about these rumours either :? ). Hope Lotus can find some good sponsors as soon as possible :thumbup:

It is still a rumor. These rumors might be true or come from competition. If Lotus which is more of a brand in US than McLaren and Williams was on the strong side on the negotiations. Financial issues might be just what the competition needs to grab the deal away from Lotus.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 pm 

apart from everything so called financial troubles were known while ago. Yes, Lotus in debt.

When Genii got the team from Renault they took a loan in Snoras bank and they had to pay it back. In the beginning of this year they agreed to move that debt to the owners of Proton cars and guaranteed it by the property of the team (to some limit). This was widely reported and well know fact that if they don't pay loan back they would give a lot of property to other guys. Plus, if I remember correctly, the loan didn't cover all the payments to Renault that are spread over several years.
So Lotus F1 actually pays to Renault every year and to Proton owners as well (not sure when they start to pay that one).
And of course most of those payments are done not from operational profit (they are not really getting any) but from Bernie's payment and P4 in WCC will help - I am sure this is the aspect that is always discussed with any lenders

Not really a sensation here. I think I would agree with SwSpeed that some one is stirring situation for a financial gain here, to do it before Lotus gets any money from F1

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm 

Jinx wrote:
Translated by Nicole

21.11.2012 Ilta-Sanomat

There is more information coming in about Lotus-team's poor finanacial situation. According to Auto Motor und Sport, salaries to employees in Lotus-team are more or less overdue.

Lotus is now waiting for the next payment from F1-boss Bernie Ecclestone so that the team can pay the salaries to stardriver Kimi Räikkönen and 493 employees... continue reading at http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1037

That's really sad if true.

Makes me hate Grosjean even more for not finishing races. They could've easily be 3rd by now or even challenge for 2nd and gain some serious money.

Gros needs to get the boot immediately and get replaced by a decent pay driver to make up for the financial losses he caused for the team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:
pitstop wrote:
^^

It is still a rumor. These rumors might be true or come from competition. If Lotus which is more of a brand in US than McLaren and Williams was on the strong side on the negotiations. Financial issues might be just what the competition needs to grab the deal away from Lotus.

yeah that makes sense, you & Denorth might be right - I really hope it's the case as I would love to see Kimi driving a competitive Lotus next year...

I guess Grosjean's repair bills didn't help Lotus either

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 am 

mclarenplayer wrote:
Fountoukos13 wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
When will kimi break the most consecutive races without dnf?

He is currently tied for 10th with Vettel in the list. One more and he goes up to 7th. 1st is Heidfeld with 33 consecutive race finishes, 2nd Rosberg with 27 and 3rd Schumacher with 24. He broke the record for the most laps during a season though and he will tie schumacher for completing every lap in a year at Interlagos.

Edit: He didn't broke the record for most laps during a season. Monteiro is first with 1125(2005), Barrichello 1122 (2005), Kimi 1121 at the moment...

The last time Kimi retired in the race was on 2009 Germany Grand Prix.so He hold 27 race in hands now...

Consecutive races in general not for driver. Which means that he didn't finish in any race in 2010-11 period.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm 

i can see that You boys are saying lot of bull..... about Lotus and Kimis salary.Thing is that Genii counted Raikkonan on about 100 pts in WDC, he is now over 200, Robertsons have put clausule in his contract witch says 100 grands per pts. He was planed to be payd 15 mln, 5 mln plus 10 for points, but they came up short cause it is 20 mln 4 points.What can they do??? Raikkonen will not drive 4 Lotus next year

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 pm 

great news for Lotus!
Coca-Cola's Burn brand to sponsor Lotus :thumbup:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104460

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:02 pm 

it is getting better and better. Well done Lotus! only good results by the team can deliver such sponsorship!

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 pm 

pitstop wrote:
great news for Lotus!
Coca-Cola's Burn brand to sponsor Lotus :thumbup:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104460

Excellent news. I have been hoping to hear this for a while now.
Burn and Iceman on the same car :lol:

SnoWhite wrote:
i can see that You boys are saying lot of bull..... about Lotus and Kimis salary.Thing is that Genii counted Raikkonan on about 100 pts in WDC, he is now over 200, Robertsons have put clausule in his contract witch says 100 grands per pts. He was planed to be payd 15 mln, 5 mln plus 10 for points, but they came up short cause it is 20 mln 4 points.What can they do??? Raikkonen will not drive 4 Lotus next year

Source?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 pm 

SnoWhite wrote:

speaking of saying a lot of bull, it might help give you some credibility if you were to back up any of the above statements with some kind of evidence :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 pm 

Zoue wrote:
SnoWhite wrote:

speaking of saying a lot of bull, it might help give you some credibility if you were to back up any of the above statements with some kind of evidence :?

I think he was being sarcastic. Or not ? I dunno. :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm 

One of You got me :))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 pm 

I had to read it three times before I could even comprehend it. I despise 'txt spk'. And I still can't tell if you were mocking the 'Lotus is in trouble' type posts, or were being serious. But I gave the benefit of the doubt having seen that your other posts are written properly and are not reactionary.

Last edited by bbobeckyj on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:41 pm 

Embarrassing double post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:48 pm 

yay. lotus got a big sponsor. and their new simulator is up and running. although they are saying Kimi is not very keen on using it :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:03 pm 

Usman wrote:
yay. lotus got a big sponsor. and their new simulator is up and running. although they are saying Kimi is not very keen on using it :P

Coca-Cola's Burn. I'm hoping they buyout Genni and spend like crazy like Redbull and take this team to the top :D

Also

Quote:

Lotus F1 simulator now fully up and running

Grosjean's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen will not drive in the simulator, because he is not keen on using them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 pm 

Burn sponsoring the Iceman. Ironic fairy cakes over here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
I'm hoping they buyout Genni and spend like crazy like Redbull and take this team to the top :D

burn racing or burn F1 team? doesn't sound good does it? and with the new engines for 2014 it might bur.... nevermind... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:31 pm 

Quote:
Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1

It seems Kimi Raikkonen is not going to make it to Interlagos today. He's been delayed in LA. Can't imagine why

What?! So he's going to fly in tonight or tomorrow morning and waltz into practice one with no acclimatising to the local time zone?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 pm 

Desert Storm wrote:
Quote:

It seems Kimi Raikkonen is not going to make it to Interlagos today. He's been delayed in LA. Can't imagine why

What?! So he's going to fly in tonight or tomorrow morning and waltz into practice one with no acclimatising to the local time zone?

Brazil is on the same time zone as Austin was, and if he's been in LA, he'll be fine.

Edit: I forgot Brazil was so far East :blush:
It's 4 hours ahead of Austin, 6 hours ahead of LA.
Still, not the worst time change ever.

Last edited by xECKSx58 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:44 pm 

Show of hands: is Kimi stuck in LA because of thanksgiving travel woes, or because he's too hungover from thanksgiving eve partying? :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:44 pm 

Definitely been partying too hard :lol:
Probably with his friend Teemu Selänne who lives in LA :smug:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Translated by Nicole

21.11.2012 Ilta-Sanomat

That's really sad if true.

Makes me hate Grosjean even more for not finishing races. They could've easily be 3rd by now or even challenge for 2nd and gain some serious money.

Gros needs to get the boot immediately and get replaced by a decent pay driver to make up for the financial losses he caused for the team

Agree.

Call me crazy, but I'd like them to get Maldonado in (he brings the most money from sponsors of any driver by a long way, as far as I know). Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm 

That would be fine with me. Then Kobayashi could go to Williams with Bottas
But that's unrealistic because neither of them have sponsors, so they'd have to keep Senna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 am 

Desert Storm wrote:
Quote:

he doesnt need to adjust jet lag...he sleep all the time when he got nth to do.......hardly a hardship for him

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:52 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 am 

hahahahha I'm late again with translations courtesy of +8 GMT time difference

Translation by Nicole, as per usual

Time-out!

22.11.2012 18:36, heikki.kulta

Kimi Räikkönen didn't arrive to Interlagos track. Apparently he had some scheduling problems when flying from USA to Brazil and hence all the scheduled appointments on Thursday were moved later on.

I am telling about this in the blog, because the private interview today with Kimi that I had so much looked forward to, was cancelled... continue reading by clicking on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1081

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:43 am 

"Scheduling problems" = partying with Teemu :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:43 am 

SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
NCW is missed. Is she banned?

We lost some of the members of this "team" due to some discussions about the rules

Ya I have to be honest, I have considered leaving this forum many times in the past few months. I don't blame her for leaving but I wish she would return. She is letting "them" win by leaving as this is one of the biggest Kimi support groups anywhere online.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 am 

Sammydj wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

We lost some of the members of this "team" due to some discussions about the rules

Ya I have to be honest, I have considered leaving this forum many times in the past few months. I don't blame her for leaving but I wish she would return. She is letting "them" win by leaving as this is one of the biggest Kimi support groups anywhere online.

Please send me a PM if any of you would like to know where NCW has disappeared to. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:28 am 

Jinx wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

Please send me a PM if any of you would like to know where NCW has disappeared to. :)

Is she pretty?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 am 

Usman wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

Is she pretty?

I don't know or care, i like her for our shared love of F1 and Kimi. Also, she was the type who appreciated open conversation which is something I also respect.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 am 

Sammydj wrote:
Usman wrote:

Is she pretty?

I don't know or care, i like her for our shared love of F1 and Kimi. Also, she was the type who appreciated open conversation which is something I also respect.

Usman,

yes she is VERY pretty! :]

Sammy,

Don't be sad, I sent you a PM already :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 am 

Jinx wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
Usman wrote:

Is she pretty?

Usman,

yes she is VERY pretty! :]

Sammy,

Don't be sad, I sent you a PM already :)

Yayyyy.... Pretty Kimi Fans!!!! Me likes!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:58 am 

Jinx wrote:
hahahahha I'm late again with translations courtesy of +8 GMT time difference

Translation by Nicole, as per usual

Time-out!

22.11.2012 18:36, heikki.kulta

Kimi Räikkönen didn't arrive to Interlagos track. Apparently he had some scheduling problems when flying from USA to Brazil and hence all the scheduled appointments on Thursday were moved later on.

I am telling about this in the blog, because the private interview today with Kimi that I had so much looked forward to, was cancelled... continue reading by clicking on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1081

thanks again Jinx & Nicole. Keep 'em coming

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:16 am 

Jinx wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

Is it the chitchat place ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:39 am 

Kovalainen’s F1-career in a period of darkness

Translated by Nicole
F1 | Turun Sanomat 22.11.2012 22:24
Heikki Kovalainen will drive his F1-career’s 109th GP on Sunday. It looks like it might be his last race. At least the contract with Caterham isn’t even a bit closer than it has been earlier... continue reading by clicking on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1086

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:08 am 

Leave Me Alone

Translated by Nicole

Kolumnit | Turun Sanomat 22.11.2012 22:00

At this point I have to survey in which atmosphere Kimi Räikkönen is about to end his 10th F1-season. He has for the first time in his career finished all the races and scored twice as many points as expected. But what do you know, Kimi didn’t show up on Interlagos-track at all... continue reading by clicking on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1092