planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:19 am 

diablof1 wrote:
kimi used to be the fastest 05-07. but he has lost speed, he is consistent but that blistering pace has gone now. if alonso/hammy/vettel were in that lotus they would have won at least 3 races this season.

I don't think a driver can "lose" speed for any reason, unless possibly due to age slowing down reflexes (although MSC has shown that's not necessarily the case), although Kimi's not particularly old so that doesn't appear to be the case. More likely that he was able to exploit the Bridgestones in a way that he has struggled to do with the tyres since.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 am 

F1nsider wrote:
Denorth wrote:
Usman wrote:
ANy website to buy some good Kimi merchandise? Especially that "I know what i am doing" T Shirt

as an example http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/what/m ... istonheads

I bought this and wore it for the final race with my friend :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300814238201?va ... 1497.l2649

The print is dark though, but it was fun :)

Also check this out - http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIMI-RAIKKONEN- ... 6222513%26

Why do they ask for Paypal... They should accept credit cards :S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 am 

NvrDieYoung wrote:
Can tell kimi was extremely gherkin off by throwing the towel........

Well he wouldn't waste time waiting for someone to take it from him would he.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 pm 

Zoue wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
kimi used to be the fastest 05-07. but he has lost speed, he is consistent but that blistering pace has gone now. if alonso/hammy/vettel were in that lotus they would have won at least 3 races this season.

I don't think a driver can "lose" speed for any reason, unless possibly due to age slowing down reflexes (although MSC has shown that's not necessarily the case), although Kimi's not particularly old so that doesn't appear to be the case. More likely that he was able to exploit the Bridgestones in a way that he has struggled to do with the tyres since.

McLaren used Michelins 2002-2006 ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 pm 

KingOfSpa wrote:
Zoue wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

McLaren used Michelins 2002-2006 ;)

yep, my bad. Don't know where that brain fade came from :blush:

Principal still stands, though ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm 

diablof1 wrote:

Don't agree with that. Up until about Germany he wasn't happy with his steering setup. Ever since then he's been consistently quick and has been faster overall than Grosjean at every race (who is a quick driver and a GP2 champion, don't forget).

I think the tyres next year will suit him better, especially in quali. If Lotus produce a slightly faster car, I see no reason why Kimi won't be able to challenge for the WDC.

On a sort of related note, do you guys agree that when people overtook Kimi last season they tended to do so more respectfully than for other drivers (probably as he is such a fair overtaker and they know that he won't do anythign rash?)? Or am I imagining that/ being a stupid Kimi fanboy?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 pm 

mccormickja wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

Don't agree with that. Up until about Germany he wasn't happy with his steering setup. Ever since then he's been consistently quick and has been faster overall than Grosjean at every race (who is a quick driver and a GP2 champion, don't forget).

I think the tyres next year will suit him better, especially in quali. If Lotus produce a slightly faster car, I see no reason why Kimi won't be able to challenge for the WDC.

On a sort of related note, do you guys agree that when people overtook Kimi last season they tended to do so more respectfully than for other drivers (probably as he is such a fair overtaker and they know that he won't do anythign rash?)? Or am I imagining that/ being a stupid Kimi fanboy?

On a related note to your related note, I think one of the lessons of the year has been how much better the WDCs have been in overtaking situations, whether being overtaken, or doing the overtaking. It's hard to see any of the mid-field pulling off Kimi's move on MSC over the weekend, and equally, Vettel, when he passed Button in Abu Dhabi, was the only driver to pull that move off without mayhem ensuing. Having said that, I do think Kimi has been supreme this year at over-taking, an area which worried me before the season given his lack of wheel-to-wheel racing over the previous couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 pm 

HI guys,

Nicole has several new translation articles and I post the main link here for easy access http://www.racingnerds.com/?cat=9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm 

Zoue wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

good point :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 pm 

mccormickja wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

but i remember was it 5 or 6 races at the start of season when people were saying kimi is under pressure grosjean is driving better etc i think kimi did not improve rather grosjean went backwards made more mistakes the pressure got to him and people are stating kimi is great again. maybe he does have still the old speed of 05-07 but alonso,ham and vettel are just quicker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm 

the leave me alone car sticker is just awesome.. shame that they only accept paypal..

anyone else know a reliable site to buy that sticker?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:22 pm 

horner is thanking schumi for handing vettel 6th place ..

what about kimi for taking that mega evasive action taking off to Timbucto to avoid slamming into early braking vettel at the start which would have wiped vettel out

on a different note im convinced that if there is one flaw in vettel ... its his spatial sense in very close combat - in that he can't compare with alonso , kimi and button - atleast not yet - maybe that very fine awareness comes with more experience or maybe you have it or never will !

put him in very close situations and hes more likely to trip up - we have seen that time and gain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 pm 

mccormickja wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

about Abu-Dhabi time there was an interview with Lotus guys in which they stated that actually steering issue was never resolved completely. just for a very simple reasons - they have limited resources and while improved it to the level they had to leave it as it was to concentrate on other issues. They even said - in other teams like McLaren and Ferrari they could concentrate on delivering steering of the level he liked while working on other issues. In case of Lotus - they had to prioritise.

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
but i remember was it 5 or 6 races at the start of season when people were saying kimi is under pressure grosjean is driving better etc i think kimi did not improve rather grosjean went backwards made more mistakes the pressure got to him and people are stating kimi is great again. maybe he does have still the old speed of 05-07 but alonso,ham and vettel are just quicker.

people also say you can buy London Bridge :D it is better to trust what engineers and team says (neither rumours from unofficial sources nor official PR - just those interviews when you can see the genuine reactions)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
mccormickja wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

Yeah, it's hard to speculate around this. Maybe Lotus was not his liking, maybe gro spooked himself out of the races. Maybe it was Kimi's setups which made gro fast but when Kimi went backwards Gro too.
I don't know and next year will show if RoGro races for Lotus.

Finnish media reports that Kovalainen negotiates a seat at Lotus... True or not... Dunno

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 pm 

Denorth wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

people also say you can buy London Bridge :D it is better to trust what engineers and team says (neither rumours from unofficial sources nor official PR - just those interviews when you can see the genuine reactions)

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 pm 

And by the way... I am taking a break from thisbfprum until new year and new cars and drivers.

Cheers, Kimsters ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-fr ... ascar.html

Kimi made it to the US on the front page of yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:47 pm 

News of Kova might partner Kimi next year.

your thoughts?

I think he would be a perfect teammate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 pm 

http://www.fashionstore.fi/leavemealone

Time to order.

EDIT: Sorry, seems like a Finnish store :D Not sure if they ship to other countries..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

your thoughts?

Well yes (had to come back from hiding) I see it unlikely but if Lotus really want him back well Yeah ;)

I came back checking the comments about Bottas. He is a replica of Rosberg a la Williams. I hope he does well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:29 pm 

i got a feeling this will be kimis last season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm 

diablof1 wrote:

If that's the case, so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm 

Usman wrote:
ANy website to buy some good Kimi merchandise? Especially that "I know what i am doing" T Shirt

Here's one, including many other designs, with the literal translation "I know what to do" lol
http://www.redbubble.com/people/evensta ... ?p=t-shirt

Card payment accepted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:30 pm 

"Yes yes yes I'm doing all the tyres"

"Just leve me alone I know what I'm doing"

Quotes on the linked T-Shirts are wrong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

He said "all the time" in the first quote. Well, atleast that's what I heard, and that's the quote on the official T-shirts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 pm 

Sappher wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

He said "all the time" in the first quote. Well, atleast that's what I heard, and that's the quote on the official T-shirts.

I stand corrected. i thought it was "I'm doing all the tyres"

As for the second I'm sure I'm correct

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 pm 

"Yes yes yes yes I'm doing all the tyres you don't have to remind me every second"

"Just leave me alone I know what to do"

Those are the words that I hear lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm 

diablof1 wrote:

he kinda got on your nerves, didn't he? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm 

I just found these:

Kimi's engine sounds funny, and apparently he does too. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V1zJqVQ ... h_response

Kimi attempting a Russian accent?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtErm0Xj ... h_response

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 am 

sgt.hartman wrote:
LittleSnowBear wrote:
this made me laugh. I don't know if anyone has already posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bG7 ... =endscreen

What is his answer to the first question about not liking travelling? That's the only one I can't understand, something about China and Thursday morning, but for me it makes no difference.

It was a dance version of kimi saying "for sure we are going to have a good party. and leave me alone I know what i'm doing. It turns out its been removed but it was entertaining.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 am 

F1nsider wrote:

your thoughts?

I would be ok with it. I have had 50/50 feeling should Gros leave or stay in Lotus. After Mclaren days and Caterham it would be really interesting to see how he would perform on Lotus. It would certainly be his last chance... if he event gets to Lotus.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 am 

SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

your thoughts?

Well yes (had to come back from hiding) I see it unlikely but if Lotus really want him back well Yeah ;)

I came back checking the comments about Bottas. He is a replica of Rosberg a la Williams. I hope he does well.

Is that Bottas' picture on the PF1 article? gosh he looks like Barichello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 am 

Denorth wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

he kinda got on your nerves, didn't he? ;)

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 pm 

Kimi will start his holiday with a snowmobile race

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm 

Looks like Kamui could be taking Grosjean's spot next year. Makes sense to me, Japan is Kimi country and I'm sure a Japanese corporation would put up big bank to have one of their countrymen sitting alongside Raikka. Looks like Total will have to bump up more than 5 mil if they want to keep the Frenchman around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:57 pm 

I translated Kulta's article of Kobayashi:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5494&view=unread#p197316

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 pm 

Covalent wrote:
I translated Kulta's article of Kobayashi:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5494&view=unread#p197316

Thanks a lot :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 am 

Any pics or news of Kimi's snowmobile adventure?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am 

F1nsider wrote:
Any pics or news of Kimi's snowmobile adventure?

Finnish MTV3 reported yesterday that Kimi will contest in a snowmobile race in Saalbach-Hinterglem, Austria on December 8, along with Nico Hulkenberg. No updates though.