planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am 

Got to be honest I haven't been a Kimi fan and haven't bought the Bad luck stories...

BUT he was clearly in a class of his own at the weekend, OK nobody was beating Hamilton but the gap to Vettel was huge (relatively) in the race. Some Universal justice he got a podium, but he should have been 2nd.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:59 am 

Good_Year wrote:
Got to be honest I haven't been a Kimi fan and haven't bought the Bad luck stories...

BUT he was clearly in a class of his own at the weekend, OK nobody was beating Hamilton but the gap to Vettel was huge (relatively) in the race. Some Universal justice he got a podium, but he should have been 2nd.

I'm not sure he was, tbh. Sure, he had a good race, but since when was an F1 driver being fast something that deserves applause? Don't get me wrong, I think he drove fine, but it's not like he had to do anything special all race. He had no pressure from behind and couldn't apply pressure to the guy in front. Driving as fast as he could is the absolute minimum expectation, surely?

I think the gap to Vettel was exacerbated by Vettel having Verstappen to contend with. Overall, yes, I'd say he was better than Vettel, but I don't think it was a master class, particularly. Just a solid race. But tbh what he should have been doing all year

Agree he was desperately unfortunate at the end. Lady Luck hasn't really been on his side this year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 pm 

If Kimi didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. I love the guy, I wish he would have some good luck. It was nice to see him performing well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:40 am 

So what do some other Kimi fans think of the renewed contract rumours for next year? I'm not sure how to feel personally, I would definitely miss him as a personality if he retired/gets forced to retire but at the same time I don't want to keep watching this roller coaster of highs and lows (mostly lows if post 2013 form continues)....

Thanks for the memories Nico

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 am 

Colesy917 wrote:
So what do some other Kimi fans think of the renewed contract rumours for next year? I'm not sure how to feel personally, I would definitely miss him as a personality if he retired/gets forced to retire but at the same time I don't want to keep watching this roller coaster of highs and lows (mostly lows if post 2013 form continues)....
I hope he gets not only a contract, but more attention from the team. Some of his radio comments notwithstanding, I believe he is one of the fairest drivers on track, and I wish more drivers joined him in respecting others during the race.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 am 

Fiki wrote:
Colesy917 wrote:
I hope he gets not only a contract, but more attention from the team. Some of his radio comments notwithstanding, I believe he is one of the fairest drivers on track, and I wish more drivers joined him in respecting others during the race.

Like you, I would be sad to see him stay too long and have an embarrassing season. I think if there was better strategy from the team he could win several races so it wouldn't break my heart to see him stay one more year. But, if I was Kimi and I saw that they would treat me like a second fiddle i'd probably just throw in the towel and retire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:17 pm 

Fiki wrote:
Colesy917 wrote:
I 100% agree that if a team were willing to dedicate more resources to his specific needs (like a number 1 driver, which Id very much doubt he ever has/would demand!) he would likely be much more consistent. I think his time at Lotus well and truly proved that! But given his age and recent performances its not realistic to expect that unfortunately....

With regards to fairness, I couldnt agree more! Its very rare for an F1 driver to be completely apolitical, unspiteful, fair on and off track, never bag anyone publicly and be genuine all in one. One thing thats struck me recently is the bad behaviour passes that have been given to recent title protagonists as though its normal and reasonable if you are under pressure, but I cant remember Kimi or Massa ever doing anything questionable the years they were in the running for the title together (though I admittedly wasnt a hardcore fan then so may have missed it). At least I get a similar feeling about Bottas so if he does retire I will have another automatic 'favourite' in a top car to support.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 pm 

jimmyj wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Colesy917 wrote:

Like you, I would be sad to see him stay too long and have an embarrassing season. I think if there was better strategy from the team he could win several races so it wouldn't break my heart to see him stay one more year. But, if I was Kimi and I saw that they would treat me like a second fiddle i'd probably just throw in the towel and retire.
Agreed.... The other option is a midfield team that would be willing to dedicate resources but I dont think he will be interested in competing in the midfield regardless.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:33 pm 

Fiki wrote:
Colesy917 wrote:

I don't think there's all that much evidence, apart from maybe one or two times, that he's not received attention from the team. And if Ferrari haven't been as focused on him recently as they have been on Vettel, in all fairness he's only got himself to blame. He's shown that he's simply not as good as Vettel overall. The stats don't tell the full story, but his race pace has almost invariably been inferior to Vettel's. With Vettel in the car, you invariably get the feeling that he might make something happen. With Kimi, that feeling has become increasingly rare. He appears to have upped his qualifying performance, but in the races has neither the pace nor the tyre-management of the Ferrari sister car. And he's been costing the Scuderia points in the WCC, and not by a small amount, either. Given the car at his disposal, there's no way Daniel Ricciardo should be ahead of him in the WDC, let alone by 19 points. Ricciardo's even had more podiums than him, while Kimi's in a car that should virtually guarantee them.

To answer Colesy917's question: as much as I'd like to see Kimi on the grid and challenging for wins next year, I'm losing faith that he'll be at all capable of doing so unless he has a demonstrably dominant car. Up until the last few races he's had a car that should have been able to go toe to toe with Mercedes and Kimi's been noticeable by the fact that he largely hasn't been able to take advantage of that. He's now crossing over into the realm of outstaying his welcome and, unless he can demonstrate at least Silverstone-like levels of performance in the future, he's not making the most of the seat he has. The roller-coaster of highs and lows, as you so aptly put it, is not something he should be at all proud of and he needs to up his game or go.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:10 pm 

Like most of the others here, I'm of mixed feeling about that possibility, and I agree at least in part with all the comments so far. I'd love to see Kimi stay on if he's going to be able to put in good performances and win races (assuming the car is capable of that next year, naturally), and it's true that he's not had good luck lately -- so I'm not yet going to rule out that, especially if the car particularly suits him, he might be able to still put together a really good season next year. On the other hand, I'm feeling less and less sure of that, and he is getting to that point in his career where it doesn't make sense for him to stick around all that much longer. He'll be 39 at the end of next season, and it's very rare for people not to have lost a noticable-in-F1 amount of speed by then... and if he's not going to be able to put in good performances with some consistency next season, I'd rather see him retire before he's no longer able to put together a decent season.

Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 4 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 12th

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 pm 

Colesy917 wrote:

Only if he genuinely complements the other driver rather than continually lags behind. The frustrating thing about Kimi is that when you think he is lost in a sea of mediocrity he occasionally reaches back into his past and fires off some blisteringly fast laps only not to sustain it and fall back into mediocrity. The car has generally suited him the last three seasons so it is not that. I have come to the conclusion that ageing has affected his ability to mentally focus and concentrate for extended periods of time. His basic high speed is still there, he just finds it very hard to consistently deliver it as he could in his youth.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:36 am 

I commented about this briefly in the 2018 silly season thread, but I thought to be more elaborate here:

I really think Kimi should get out of Ferrari. As 2017 has shown, the team has clearly underlined Kimi's No.2 status. He should have easily won 2-3 races this year but has not been allowed to do so thanks to unfavorable team strategy.

I think Kimi wants to continue in F1 not just for passion but also for continued employment. He is 37-years old, not 67. I don't think the Lotus situation benefited him financially and, with a growing family, Kimi probably needs a day-job. He is not going to be a great commentator and his apolitical nature makes him unsuitable for being a team boss, sporting director, and so on.

I assume Kimi will be happy driving cars but he wants to also be paid well. I also assume he'd like to be relatively competitive and have a good, supportive team atmosphere.

For these reasons, Kimi should seriously consider moving to McLaren Honda. He has worked with Eric Boullier and I believe shares a good rapport with him. There's no Ron Dennis anymore; that addresses one of Kimi's main chagrins. McLaren is well-funded and will likely get competitive in 2018. Honda is improving (notice no cars broke down in Hungary!)

If Alonso moves out, McLaren needs a first-rate driver to keep them in the hunt. Kimi will be an affordable, reliable, hard-working option. His immense fan following will also give McLaren some leverage with respect to sponsorship and funding. If Alonso stays on, then McLaren has a powerful driver combination with tempered expectations.

Given how the Lotus return was a pleasant shock back in 2013, I think this one would be no less. If I were Kimi, I would consider this option seriously. There is no point playing second fiddle. History should not remember Kimi Raikkonen for being Sebastian Vettel's rag doll. I hope Kimi places his dignity and self-worth above that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:36 am 

Kimi is not leaving Ferrari unless they don't retain his services in the future and with Vettel plugging for him to be his teammate every year he is safe for the moment although I hear he's had to take a paycut next year (5m€). Maybe in 2019 he might have to move on if say LeClerc proves himself in one of the other Ferrari engined teams. McLaren already have the more PR friendly Button as backup for Alonso if he leaves so as Kimi once said Ferrari will be his last F1 team as I can't see anybody else wanting to take a chance on his flaky inconsistent form of his latter years. You might get Lotus or Ferrari 2014 from him depending on how well he likes the car. Ferrari are also interested in Verstappen so Kimi really only has 2 years at the most left at Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 pm 

So, he has another year. I like the guy but really don't like the thought of another year of Ferrari preventing their drivers from racing. We don't need that at the front. If Mercedes manage to get a WDC this year (with either driver) then they will have really achieved something. Hungary was painful to watch.

Of course, it also means a top seat is not on offer to drivers who deserve it. I suspect there was much input from Seb about keeping Max or Fernando from sitting next to him - something that would have electrified the grid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41012314

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:23 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
So, he has another year. I like the guy but really don't like the thought of another year of Ferrari preventing their drivers from racing. We don't need that at the front. If Mercedes manage to get a WDC this year (with either driver) then they will have really achieved something. Hungary was painful to watch.

Of course, it also means a top seat is not on offer to drivers who deserve it. I suspect there was much input from Seb about keeping Max or Fernando from sitting next to him - something that would have electrified the grid.

As a Fernando fan it's very frustrating. But I know he did it during his time at Ferrari too

FA#14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 pm 

Great news Kimi for 2018, thought 2017 would be the end of F1 for me but turned out not to be

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:22 pm 

mcdo wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

As a Fernando fan it's very frustrating. But I know he did it during his time at Ferrari too

We need to realize Fernando is never returning to Ferrari, his fans need to understand this once and for all and stop the wishful thinking. Stop considering Alonso returning to Ferrari, wont happen. Kimi staying in inconsecuential to Alonso, if Kimi left even then Alonso has no chance to return to Ferrari, that ship has sailed folks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 pm 

PRFAN wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

We need to realize Fernando is never returning to Ferrari, his fans need to understand this once and for all and stop the wishful thinking. Stop considering Alonso returning to Ferrari, wont happen. Kimi staying in inconsecuential to Alonso, if Kimi left even then Alonso has no chance to return to Ferrari, that ship has sailed folks.

That may well be true, but Kimi leaving could open up the seat for someone like Max whose seat would then be vacant. Keeping Kimi there just blocks everything else up - both on and off the track.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:37 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
PRFAN wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

That may well be true, but Kimi leaving could open up the seat for someone like Max whose seat would then be vacant. Keeping Kimi there just blocks everything else up - both on and off the track.

Max is not ready for Ferrari, not yet, plus he is under contract. If Kimi is let go next year or retires, and if Vettel stays, the second seat will be given to a driver not in F1 today but that could be racing for Sauber next year. If you look at the options available (drivers free of contracts and a proper "Ferrari fit") there is no one better than Kimi. He still has speed, can get podiuns regularly and is still able to get some wins and poles. Right now there is no one better, any option other than Kimi is a huge chance, and Ferrari is conservative in driver selection.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 pm 

This always happens when Kimi gets another contract - I don't know whether to feel pleased or disappointed. As a character he adds interest to the grid, so I want to see him there, but on the other hand I feel it robs us of teammates competing head-to-head in a top car. This year has shown clearly that they don't want Raikkonen taking points from Vettel. I get that maybe it's own doing - i.e had he got a better start to the season that Vettel it might not be this way, but it still means a relatively easy ride for Vettel and when the Ferrari is the best car on race day, we are robbed of seeing two top drivers fighting it out for the top 2 s steps of the podium.

Ultimately, it also means that when this could be the year that finally silencers all Vettel doubters, instead if he takes the WDC it will be considered by some to be hollow and not as worthy as if Hamilton/Bottas were to take it. And as fan of the sport, it frustrates me that we're left with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
This always happens when Kimi gets another contract - I don't know whether to feel pleased or disappointed. As a character he adds interest to the grid, so I want to see him there, but on the other hand I feel it robs us of teammates competing head-to-head in a top car. This year has shown clearly that they don't want Raikkonen taking points from Vettel. I get that maybe it's own doing - i.e had he got a better start to the season that Vettel it might not be this way, but it still means a relatively easy ride for Vettel and when the Ferrari is the best car on race day, we are robbed of seeing two top drivers fighting it out for the top 2 s steps of the podium.

Ultimately, it also means that when this could be the year that finally silencers all Vettel doubters, instead if he takes the WDC it will be considered by some to be hollow and not as worthy as if Hamilton/Bottas were to take it. And as fan of the sport, it frustrates me that we're left with that.

I feel the same way. As a result I feel quite indifferent about the announcement.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:18 pm 

Congrats Kimi :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:15 pm 

Glad for Kimi, but there's no way we can ignore what Dolomite wrote. And yet, I do see one silver lining: we can forget all the nonsense about lack of work ethic and being just that little bit behind Vettel. That doesn't make it easier to swallow, but that's the least of Ferrari's worries.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 pm 

I don't think Kimi would ever have been allowed to beat Seb through the season - the contract just wouldn't have been written that way. Now Lewis is challenging Seb more closely I expect to see Ferrari harden their 1-2 stance. Mercedes will probably wait until it's mathematically impossible for one of their drivers to win before making the other number one, and it may cost them the WDC. But as Toto says, there will be other opportunities and they will know they did it their way,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am 

PRFAN wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Hey numb nuts where did I say I expected Fernando to return to Ferrari? What's more frustrating than anything happening in F1 is reading your horseshit after your complete inability to read what others have written

You have a huge stick shoved up your hole over all things Fernando Alonso related and take such glee in having a pop at anyone who supports him. I don't know what Alonso did to you or your family but you need to let it go. It's not our fault you're so haunted by him. Let it go man. Take some time to pull that huge stick out and relax. I'm sure your friends can help. It'll do you the world of good

FA#14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:53 am 

...and what makes it even more frustrating is that it would appear handling direct pressure from fast teammate is the biggest weakness Vettel has. He's fast, consistent, he CAN race wheel-to-wheel, but if had to deal with a Kimi who had a couple of wins under his belt, I think he'd start to crack a bit more and that mental pressure is absolutely a part of the game as well as an element the viewers enjoy.

Conversely knowing that Raikkonen is, at least from now on, not a threat means he isn't put under that pressure. And that's a bit crappy, particularly when it's so clearly not the same luxury Hamilton or Bottas have. Or even Ricciardo/Verstappen. Look at the added drama we get from those intra-team battles. It means even when they're running 6/7 you still have an added excitement factor for the viewer, plus you can see, as evidenced by the Red Bull boys, how that competitive aspect affects the way they race.

So I'd be fine with Raikkonen staying if he was given absolute equal status. Clearly not the case. What was it Webber said "Seb will have protection as usual, and that’s the way it goes".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:27 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
...and what makes it even more frustrating is that it would appear handling direct pressure from fast teammate is the biggest weakness Vettel has. He's fast, consistent, he CAN race wheel-to-wheel, but if had to deal with a Kimi who had a couple of wins under his belt, I think he'd start to crack a bit more and that mental pressure is absolutely a part of the game as well as an element the viewers enjoy.

Conversely knowing that Raikkonen is, at least from now on, not a threat means he isn't put under that pressure. And that's a bit crappy, particularly when it's so clearly not the same luxury Hamilton or Bottas have. Or even Ricciardo/Verstappen. Look at the added drama we get from those intra-team battles. It means even when they're running 6/7 you still have an added excitement factor for the viewer, plus you can see, as evidenced by the Red Bull boys, how that competitive aspect affects the way they race.

So I'd be fine with Raikkonen staying if he was given absolute equal status. Clearly not the case. What was it Webber said "Seb will have protection as usual, and that’s the way it goes".

Seb's only thought right now is that if Lewis wins, they are equal on 4 WDCs. If Seb wins, he pulls further away from that possibility. I can see it getting really nasty toward the end of the season if they are still close.

At least I hope it does! Maybe Mercedes need to send Valtterri out there to take out Kimi if necessary - they certainly have history between them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:

BIB: what's this based on?

I agree it would be better for the fans if Ferrari had two competitive drivers, but the fact they don't is more down to Kimi than anything else. Yes, I agree he was hard done by in Monaco, but OTOH if he'd shown a bit more, well, presence at any point before that then arguably he wouldn't have been in that situation. Bottom line is only an incurable optimist would consider Kimi as any kind of realistic title contender, and he's in one of the best cars on the grid. He's been consitently the weakest of the Merc/Ferrari quartet, so I think it's quite understandable that Ferrari recognises this and delegates him to support function. He can hardly complain his wings are being clipped because he's not really shown much in the way of race-winning potential for the most part. Vettel is almost invariably significantly quicker than him.

The Mercedes pairing is less straightforward. Bottas is less than a race win behind both Hamilton and Vettel, so is clearly still well within the hunt. If Kimi had driven as well as him, he'd no doubt be able to say the same.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:43 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
I don't think Kimi would ever have been allowed to beat Seb through the season - the contract just wouldn't have been written that way. Now Lewis is challenging Seb more closely I expect to see Ferrari harden their 1-2 stance. Mercedes will probably wait until it's mathematically impossible for one of their drivers to win before making the other number one, and it may cost them the WDC. But as Toto says, there will be other opportunities and they will know they did it their way,

There's zero evidence there's anything contractual and more signs that it's circumstantial

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:11 pm 

mcdo wrote:
PRFAN wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Hey numb nuts where did I say I expected Fernando to return to Ferrari? What's more frustrating than anything happening in F1 is reading your horseshit after your complete inability to read what others have written

You have a huge stick shoved up your hole over all things Fernando Alonso related and take such glee in having a pop at anyone who supports him. I don't know what Alonso did to you or your family but you need to let it go. It's not our fault you're so haunted by him. Let it go man. Take some time to pull that huge stick out and relax. I'm sure your friends can help. It'll do you the world of good

Wao!! Did I pushed on a nerve?? Why the name calling?? You really went on a tangent there! You dont have to read what I write, just skip if it gives you pain. What does forum rukes say about name calling????

I have nothing against Alonso, read it again, nothing! On the flip, I have nothing for Kimi either. Now having said that I do think Alonso is overrated and placed in a position by his fans where he should not be, to me, read that again. TO ME, the guy is unethical, and as nature seeks balance, look at him today, I can not ignore his talent. On the other hand even not being at his best, in the twilight of his career Kimi is still a Ferrari driver and respected by many. All we do is talk (write) about things we think we know, but in truth we dont. Why he was kept at Ferrari, maybe in some areas not exclusive to on track results the team prefers him for the time being.

I am glad they kept him, wish him luck, it is poibtless to cry about who should have been in the seat, or if it is a wasted seat, or a miss oportunity for Ferrari because bring back X or Y, the contract is done, deal with it!!

Its a sport I enjoy to follow, I dont get all sensitive when a driver I like is disliked by others and go on calling people names, I think you should re evaluate your position. I do my best to remain impartial, sorry is much for some to take.

Have a pleasent and lovely day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 am 

PRFAN wrote:
mcdo wrote:
PRFAN wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Wao!! Did I pushed on a nerve?? Why the name calling?? You really went on a tangent there! You dont have to read what I write, just skip if it gives you pain. What does forum rukes say about name calling????

I have nothing against Alonso, read it again, nothing! On the flip, I have nothing for Kimi either. Now having said that I do think Alonso is overrated and placed in a position by his fans where he should not be, to me, read that again. TO ME, the guy is unethical, and as nature seeks balance, look at him today, I can not ignore his talent. On the other hand even not being at his best, in the twilight of his career Kimi is still a Ferrari driver and respected by many. All we do is talk (write) about things we think we know, but in truth we dont. Why he was kept at Ferrari, maybe in some areas not exclusive to on track results the team prefers him for the time being.

I am glad they kept him, wish him luck, it is poibtless to cry about who should have been in the seat, or if it is a wasted seat, or a miss oportunity for Ferrari because bring back X or Y, the contract is done, deal with it!!

Its a sport I enjoy to follow, I dont get all sensitive when a driver I like is disliked by others and go on calling people names, I think you should re evaluate your position. I do my best to remain impartial, sorry is much for some to take.

Have a pleasent and lovely day.

I am afraid the "rukes" say nothing about name calling :-P

Very good post.. I agree from the beginning to the end.
I think Alonso has been misguided by all kind of people who made him believe he has some kind of superpowers.
Problem is, F1 is a team sport unlike tennis and you have to play it right and be liked or you will go nowhere. (Verstappen, be very very careful)

He has made serious mistakes off the track in the last 3 years pis*ing off a lot of people(at Ferrari). I have no doubt he would have been sitting as we speak or next year in a Ferrari or a Mercedes had he behaved differently or he would have been driving a decent McLaren-Honda car by now.

He could have lobbied or pushed for an "illegal" test like the one Mercedes did in 2013 to solve their problems but he proved with his outbursts on the radio that he would rather throw the team under the bus or make fun of the engineers than find a solution with Bernie and the guys who call the shots. This for me was a major disappointment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm 

Bumb..and lets make it weird one. Some may know I have a habit to wirite stories about Kimi , stories that fight against every rationality and reality. So, lets take it to the dark side and here is to you Nicole!

THE OCEAN OF TEARS

The appletree. It stands still, in fierce winds, in endless rains, in cold and icy nights and days,in sudden blizzards, under the layer of snow, in the sweet soft evenings of new spring, in the late and serene summer days, in the never ending light, in the dark, under the northern sky looking at northern lights.
Its ageless.
Once again, it sees a summer that was so much expected but it never really came. It sees autumn that makes our guts hurt, sees peoples anxiety and fading hope of warm days that will never come. Until next summer.
I look at people here at the strong branches of my tree. This was not a good year for them, but thats the way of nature. And still we will hit our head to the wall year by year, getting a good headache but not getting any wiser.
Tree had been silent for a long time. It had just looked. And looked.
-Would it be time to open your mouth and say something? I asked.
-Why?
- Err..I would very much like to hear your voice. I tried.
- You hear me every night. In your dreams. Who you think sings you to sleep?
-I thought the universe sings.
-Very much so. You hear it only in your dreams.
-Its beautifull. I hope it never ends.
-People who can dream and hope and feel, hear it.
- Its the evening again..wet evening. Would you sing to me..and cover me with something? Your leaves have gone to somewhere.
- Oh..ups, but its the fall you know. Here it is normal that your leaves go to somewhere.
-Your not a normal tree.
- I have tried hard. Dont judge me so easily. Tree pinched her nose and opened a pink umbrella over me.
-Pink?? Its fall for gods sake, if you try to be normal,try yellow or orange or red one.
- Its so normal. Pink is good.
Sometimes my tree is one annoying little...
- Want an umbrella or not? Tree asked.
- Please continue.. I tried to have a cosy position on my branch and the tree took a long breathe and said
-This time it will be a story. A story of people who walked around the world. They walked to the Valley of hope..it was a place where they met the first time. Because it was the Valley of Hope, they were all very nice to each other, they talked a lot, they had fun and they felt united. They were all going to the same direction. It was easy, and they desided to continue together.
They past the places they didnt want to go, like the Gulley of Despair..but always there were someone, who pulled them up, and they continued their journey together . No one was left behind. Sometimes they had to fight for the road they had chosen, and they lost one or two by the side of it. It was a long journey , so some didnt want to walk with them anymore.
Once when the journey seemed to look too hard, there had been hard rocks, set backs, the hope seemed to vanish in the winds in the Plain of Storms..they stopped and held their breath, they were thirsty and hungry and tired. Then the Gods stepped onto the sceen. The dust they lifted to the air, prevented people to see whats behind of it, but their thundering voice forced them to continue.
Their Hope had never vanished. They walked and walked until they reached the Sea. It was a Sea of Dreams that come true. Its the Sea you cannot descripe, because every peole have different kind of dreams.
-Was it the only Sea in that world?
-No. As you know in that and also in this world, there is countless amount of feelings people have. The Sea of Dreams is very big. But there have to be a balance. And there is. You cannot walk thru the world without being exited, brave,friendly,emphatic, determined , full of hope and curiosity. You meet hate, suspiciousness, you are tired, desperate,and sometimes angry.
And then you will come to the shores of the Ocean that you have to see to be a human and you will see when you follow your dreams. Its the Ocen of Tears.
- Like when I follow Kimi or someone follow their own hero was it a football player or hockey player..you will end up on this Ocean.
-Yes. Someone would say its ridiculous or vanity. But its human. We need feelings and rationality, they will balance each others. What do you think Kimi says when he sees his end is coming and someone asks what do you remember? Not his money or cars he drove..he will remember the people around him, joy he felt when his kids were born, the love people have given him,the sadness...in one word..feelings.And I hope..peace. In that world there is still one Ocean of Tears thats bigger than this. Its the Ocen of the Tears mothers have shed for the sake of their children.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:36 am 

tl;dr