planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1149
Location: The Finnish forests
Starting 4th tomorrow, I don't think we could ask for anything more than that. Great job by Kimi - Grosjean was faster, but S1 in Räikkönen's last lap appeared to be slow. I'd say the goal should definitely be a podium tomorrow knowing Lotus' race pace and Webber's starts (and McLaren's reliability...) - I'm happy with 4th on the grid at the moment though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 766
I'd rather he stays 5th! Starting on the cleaner side is gonna be a big advantage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 577
Location: Finland
Water wrote:
Starting 4th tomorrow, I don't think we could ask for anything more than that. Great job by Kimi - Grosjean was faster, but S1 in Räikkönen's last lap appeared to be slow. I'd say the goal should definitely be a podium tomorrow knowing Lotus' race pace and Webber's starts (and McLaren's reliability...) - I'm happy with 4th on the grid at the moment though.


Webber is a bad starter, but Kimi is starting from the dirty side that quite be lethal in this track.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 5773
Quite good session. I hope he will gain positions at start and maybe again try to fight for the win! :) Go Kimi!

_________________
***


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 121
q2 was a bit on the edge....... but in q3 all back to normal...both lotus did pretty good... red bulls n hami were a bit too far...4th on the grid, hoping for a repeat of webber slip up at the start

_________________
KIMI : THE ICEMAN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:07 pm
Posts: 380
not bad as I thought...Kimi starts P4 8)
shame about being outqualified by Grosjean once again...but oh well it's Sunday that counts ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Posts: 56
Kimi had to have locked up or gotten squirrelly at some point because s1 was atrocious compared to the rest on that last lap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 614
pitstop wrote:
not bad as I thought...Kimi starts P4 8)
shame about being outqualified by Grosjean once again...but oh well it's Sunday that counts ;)



Simulator time most likely the reason for that on a new track, but even if Roman started ahead you can be sure Kimi would of beat him in the race, much better race driver come race day.

_________________
RSR Racing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 766
Start wont be easy if it doesnt offer much grip. Only hope is that p3 and p5 dont get such good getaways. If he can stay close to Webber he should get a good toe 'cos his cars much faster in a straight. Not looking forward to the start!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 577
Location: Finland
mika_98 wrote:
Not looking forward to the start!

Same. Usually thrilled of the starts when it Kimi is there fighting for top positions, but this time it's about surviving and not losing any places.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
I expected 8th or lower to be honest..

Very happy but also very concerned with the dirty side start. Lewis said that he did a practice start and it was very slippery ..

He really needs to beat Webber at corner 1 for him to stand a chance of a podium..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 am
Posts: 360
Stuck behind schumi again

Facepalm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 316
LOL, kimi tried so hard to screw up S1 so that he didnt get P4.....thanks Romain for that zzzzz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
keenf1fan wrote:
Stuck behind schumi again

Facepalm



:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x


I will be furious if Schumi gets by Kimi... The Merc is the fastest car in a straight line. Remember Spa when Kimi could not get by Michael time and time again until he tricked him

I will be thrilled if he simply holds 4th into corner one


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
If Webber gets any form of penalty Kimi would go to 3rd and clean side too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 577
Location: Finland
Webber under investigation it seems like. That would mean more than just one place up for Kimi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 766
P3 will be brill!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Why is Webber under investigation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 911
Location: Upsate NY, USA
F1nsider wrote:
Why is Webber under investigation?

Allegedly skipping the weigh-in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1149
Location: The Finnish forests
Räikkönen looks to be starting 4th tomorrow after all. Dirty side.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
Kimi could even get eaten by Maldanado as well from the dirty side


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Someone should sneak out at night to the circuit and rubber the hell out of position 4

Otherwise Kimi's doomed, especially if he gets Schumi ahead of him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 316
thats not dirty side....thats EXTREMLY GRIPLESS CRAP SIDE...................thanks romain for the penalty LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
NvrDieYoung wrote:
thats not dirty side....thats EXTREMLY GRIPLESS CRAP SIDE...................thanks romain for the penalty LOL


On the bright side, if Kimi gets a decent start, he can force himself inside the corner forcing the rest to take a wider line, thus, taking them off the racing line which is also slippery. I'm sure he has a plan :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 am
Posts: 545
I don't remember the last time Kimi having a bad start off the line. Webber's bad start is almost guaranteed. Hamilton is not confident on the slippery side either, so I'm being optimistic :) Really don't know what to expect... If he matches Hamilton's start without too much of wheelspin, he will have a tow into turn 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 316
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm
Posts: 181
Ok, now relax : Kimi is on the slow side, but Mark will hold up the others on the fast side, no need to worry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 768
Ice hockey player Teemu Selänne had lunch with Kimi at Saturday, before quali and he says Kimi was worried about his car but in the end the quali went surprisingly well. Kimi didn´t expect them to be on par with Red Bull in race speed tho.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5921
NvrDieYoung wrote:
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

Does it help you if we'd be all miserable and pessimistic?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

Does it help you if we'd be all miserable and pessimistic?


Yes :-P

But just to add. PdL thinks its oil and not dust that's making the track slippery.

The start will really be interesting to watch

8 more hours :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1153
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

Does it help you if we'd be all miserable and pessimistic?


Yes :-P

But just to add. PdL thinks its oil and not dust that's making the track slippery.

The start will really be interesting to watch

8 more hours :(


Pffffttt... lets just watch the race. I see no point of speculating. Same crap was last time and see what happened?
Kimi is fourth on the grid, somebeody might take him off, somebody might do a bad start. 2 laps in the race will show where we are at the moment.

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 pm
Posts: 617
F1nsider wrote:
Someone should sneak out at night to the circuit and rubber the hell out of position 4

Otherwise Kimi's doomed, especially if he gets Schumi ahead of him


:thumbup:
unfortunately with the present lotus kimi cant have any confidence for late breaking

and schumi has demonstrated that he cant brake even with barge boards to show where you need to brake

the guys on the right will have grip but no idea where to brake....and the guys on the left will know where to brake but have no grip

its going to be fun

i fear schumi is going to go clean thru a couple of late breakers. ... forget maldonado everyone watch schumi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Philippines
a bit late...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

Does it help you if we'd be all miserable and pessimistic?


Yes :-P

But just to add. PdL thinks its oil and not dust that's making the track slippery.

The start will really be interesting to watch

8 more hours :(


Pffffttt... lets just watch the race. I see no point of speculating. Same crap was last time and see what happened?
Kimi is fourth on the grid, somebeody might take him off, somebody might do a bad start. 2 laps in the race will show where we are at the moment.


Sure. So let's stop talking until the race? lol .. It's fun to speculate. I'm not a huge fan of the doom and gloom speculations, but in a decent dosages they keep us more realistic. Otherwise Kimi fans will imagine him winning every single race (btw it was the case for 4-5 races after Bahrain "and see what happened")

But I also agree with you, let's watch the race. I can't really wait, I have a good feeling about the race and its going to be fun. Hopefully Kimi is a contributor to the fun, in a good way though


GO KIMI!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 pm
Posts: 617
F1nsider wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

Does it help you if we'd be all miserable and pessimistic?


Yes :-P

But just to add. PdL thinks its oil and not dust that's making the track slippery.

The start will really be interesting to watch

8 more hours :(


Pffffttt... lets just watch the race. I see no point of speculating. Same crap was last time and see what happened?
Kimi is fourth on the grid, somebeody might take him off, somebody might do a bad start. 2 laps in the race will show where we are at the moment.


Sure. So let's stop talking until the race? lol .. It's fun to speculate. I'm not a huge fan of the doom and gloom speculations, but in a decent dosages they keep us more realistic. Otherwise Kimi fans will imagine him winning every single race (btw it was the case for 4-5 races after Bahrain "and see what happened")

But I also agree with you, let's watch the race. I can't really wait, I have a good feeling about the race and its going to be fun. Hopefully Kimi is a contributor to the fun, in a good way though


GO KIMI!



reading buttons comments about both sides of the grid ... it going to be fun


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
What a poor start! Really disappointed with the state of the track when it comes to the grip on the dirty side. More down to the track than the drivers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 pm
Posts: 23
Location: San Francisco
Hurtful to watch that start.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 5773
I predict 5-6th place. Depends what Grosjean does.

_________________
***


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1149
Location: The Finnish forests
Kimi is much faster than Webber or Alonso right now.

The dirty side hurt more than I could ever have imagined - it looked like basically everyone on the dirty side (except Hülkenberg!) got a really bad start. Fortunately not too much time lost behind Schumi, even though it definitely made the race harder.
It's a long race though, drivers can make errors on the slippery track all the time, only have to keep pushing!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 577
Location: Finland
Speed is there, too bad about the start.
That said it's nice to watch this without huge worry as WDC fight is is quite nicely on Kimi's hands.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A2jdl, AFCTUJacko, AndyM77, Billy, Blake, Combinho, Darko, davidheath461, Echo1, FringeUK, GingerFurball, Guia, JenF1, Jezick, lamo, LKS1, Lojik, mikeyg123, minchy, motorfinger, Mr-E, nixxxon, OutKast, Paolo_Lasardi, pubpokerplayer, RaggedMan, rich06, Schumacher forever#1, shay550, TheOtherGuy, wolfticket, wrath, Zoue and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group