planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 pm 

Starting 4th tomorrow, I don't think we could ask for anything more than that. Great job by Kimi - Grosjean was faster, but S1 in Räikkönen's last lap appeared to be slow. I'd say the goal should definitely be a podium tomorrow knowing Lotus' race pace and Webber's starts (and McLaren's reliability...) - I'm happy with 4th on the grid at the moment though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm 

I'd rather he stays 5th! Starting on the cleaner side is gonna be a big advantage.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm 

Water wrote:
Starting 4th tomorrow, I don't think we could ask for anything more than that. Great job by Kimi - Grosjean was faster, but S1 in Räikkönen's last lap appeared to be slow. I'd say the goal should definitely be a podium tomorrow knowing Lotus' race pace and Webber's starts (and McLaren's reliability...) - I'm happy with 4th on the grid at the moment though.

Webber is a bad starter, but Kimi is starting from the dirty side that quite be lethal in this track.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm 

Quite good session. I hope he will gain positions at start and maybe again try to fight for the win! :) Go Kimi!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:08 pm 

q2 was a bit on the edge....... but in q3 all back to normal...both lotus did pretty good... red bulls n hami were a bit too far...4th on the grid, hoping for a repeat of webber slip up at the start

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:08 pm 

not bad as I thought...Kimi starts P4 8)
shame about being outqualified by Grosjean once again...but oh well it's Sunday that counts ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm 

Kimi had to have locked up or gotten squirrelly at some point because s1 was atrocious compared to the rest on that last lap.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:17 pm 

pitstop wrote:
not bad as I thought...Kimi starts P4 8)
shame about being outqualified by Grosjean once again...but oh well it's Sunday that counts ;)

Simulator time most likely the reason for that on a new track, but even if Roman started ahead you can be sure Kimi would of beat him in the race, much better race driver come race day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:17 pm 

Start wont be easy if it doesnt offer much grip. Only hope is that p3 and p5 dont get such good getaways. If he can stay close to Webber he should get a good toe 'cos his cars much faster in a straight. Not looking forward to the start!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:20 pm 

mika_98 wrote:
Not looking forward to the start!

Same. Usually thrilled of the starts when it Kimi is there fighting for top positions, but this time it's about surviving and not losing any places.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:22 pm 

I expected 8th or lower to be honest..

Very happy but also very concerned with the dirty side start. Lewis said that he did a practice start and it was very slippery ..

He really needs to beat Webber at corner 1 for him to stand a chance of a podium..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm 

Stuck behind schumi again

Facepalm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:29 pm 

LOL, kimi tried so hard to screw up S1 so that he didnt get P4.....thanks Romain for that zzzzz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 pm 

keenf1fan wrote:
Stuck behind schumi again

Facepalm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I will be furious if Schumi gets by Kimi... The Merc is the fastest car in a straight line. Remember Spa when Kimi could not get by Michael time and time again until he tricked him

I will be thrilled if he simply holds 4th into corner one

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm 

If Webber gets any form of penalty Kimi would go to 3rd and clean side too

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 pm 

Webber under investigation it seems like. That would mean more than just one place up for Kimi.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 pm 

P3 will be brill!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm 

Why is Webber under investigation?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Why is Webber under investigation?

Allegedly skipping the weigh-in

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 pm 

Räikkönen looks to be starting 4th tomorrow after all. Dirty side.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 pm 

Kimi could even get eaten by Maldanado as well from the dirty side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 am 

Someone should sneak out at night to the circuit and rubber the hell out of position 4

Otherwise Kimi's doomed, especially if he gets Schumi ahead of him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 am 

thats not dirty side....thats EXTREMLY GRIPLESS CRAP SIDE...................thanks romain for the penalty LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 am 

NvrDieYoung wrote:
thats not dirty side....thats EXTREMLY GRIPLESS CRAP SIDE...................thanks romain for the penalty LOL

On the bright side, if Kimi gets a decent start, he can force himself inside the corner forcing the rest to take a wider line, thus, taking them off the racing line which is also slippery. I'm sure he has a plan :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 am 

I don't remember the last time Kimi having a bad start off the line. Webber's bad start is almost guaranteed. Hamilton is not confident on the slippery side either, so I'm being optimistic :) Really don't know what to expect... If he matches Hamilton's start without too much of wheelspin, he will have a tow into turn 1.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am 

be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 am 

Ok, now relax : Kimi is on the slow side, but Mark will hold up the others on the fast side, no need to worry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 am 

Ice hockey player Teemu Selänne had lunch with Kimi at Saturday, before quali and he says Kimi was worried about his car but in the end the quali went surprisingly well. Kimi didn´t expect them to be on par with Red Bull in race speed tho.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 am 

NvrDieYoung wrote:
be realistic guys...that side is that crap........you can see reflection of your face by looking downon the asphalt ...

Does it help you if we'd be all miserable and pessimistic?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am 

Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

Yes :-P

But just to add. PdL thinks its oil and not dust that's making the track slippery.

The start will really be interesting to watch

8 more hours :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 am 

F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

But just to add. PdL thinks its oil and not dust that's making the track slippery.

Pffffttt... lets just watch the race. I see no point of speculating. Same crap was last time and see what happened?
Kimi is fourth on the grid, somebeody might take him off, somebody might do a bad start. 2 laps in the race will show where we are at the moment.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Someone should sneak out at night to the circuit and rubber the hell out of position 4

Otherwise Kimi's doomed, especially if he gets Schumi ahead of him

:thumbup:
unfortunately with the present lotus kimi cant have any confidence for late breaking

and schumi has demonstrated that he cant brake even with barge boards to show where you need to brake

the guys on the right will have grip but no idea where to brake....and the guys on the left will know where to brake but have no grip

its going to be fun

i fear schumi is going to go clean thru a couple of late breakers. ... forget maldonado everyone watch schumi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 pm 

a bit late...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:34 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

Pffffttt... lets just watch the race. I see no point of speculating. Same crap was last time and see what happened?
Kimi is fourth on the grid, somebeody might take him off, somebody might do a bad start. 2 laps in the race will show where we are at the moment.

Sure. So let's stop talking until the race? lol .. It's fun to speculate. I'm not a huge fan of the doom and gloom speculations, but in a decent dosages they keep us more realistic. Otherwise Kimi fans will imagine him winning every single race (btw it was the case for 4-5 races after Bahrain "and see what happened")

But I also agree with you, let's watch the race. I can't really wait, I have a good feeling about the race and its going to be fun. Hopefully Kimi is a contributor to the fun, in a good way though

GO KIMI!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
F1nsider wrote:
Covalent wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:

Sure. So let's stop talking until the race? lol .. It's fun to speculate. I'm not a huge fan of the doom and gloom speculations, but in a decent dosages they keep us more realistic. Otherwise Kimi fans will imagine him winning every single race (btw it was the case for 4-5 races after Bahrain "and see what happened")

But I also agree with you, let's watch the race. I can't really wait, I have a good feeling about the race and its going to be fun. Hopefully Kimi is a contributor to the fun, in a good way though

GO KIMI!

reading buttons comments about both sides of the grid ... it going to be fun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm 

What a poor start! Really disappointed with the state of the track when it comes to the grip on the dirty side. More down to the track than the drivers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm 

Hurtful to watch that start.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm 

I predict 5-6th place. Depends what Grosjean does.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm 

Kimi is much faster than Webber or Alonso right now.

The dirty side hurt more than I could ever have imagined - it looked like basically everyone on the dirty side (except Hülkenberg!) got a really bad start. Fortunately not too much time lost behind Schumi, even though it definitely made the race harder.
It's a long race though, drivers can make errors on the slippery track all the time, only have to keep pushing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm 

Speed is there, too bad about the start.
That said it's nice to watch this without huge worry as WDC fight is is quite nicely on Kimi's hands.