Which of these fine pilots is the best?
Valtteri Bottas 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Nico Rosberg 86%  86%  [ 64 ]
Total votes : 74
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
I feel like when Hamilton retires we might get some more insight into that battle at Mercedes.

On his recent Beyond the grid podcast Nico said it started at Bahrain 2014 but when pressed on how he said he couldn't say, hinting that maybe he could one day.

I remember in that race Rosberg felt Hamilton had pushed him unfairly off track while defending his position. I have a hard time believing that's where it all came from, though. Maybe Monaco, after which Lewis was unable to trust Nico, would be a more likely starting point from the outside perspective.

Unless of course Rosberg was still harboring resentment from Bahrain in Monaco, and that's why he did what he (allegedly) did.

Was it not Bahrain were Rosberg said that Hamilton used an engine mode to defend his position so giving Hamilton an unfair advantage, the drivers have to use the same engine modes.

That's quite a jump to Rosberg perhaps justifying his decision to park his car In Monaco qualifying, a bit like you punch me in the arm then I'm going to punch you in the face.

According to Wolff, it was the other way around. That it was Rosberg's use of an engine mode in Bahrain, that's where the animosity started

" Wolff revealed that the tension dates back to the epic battle between the two in Bahrain where Rosberg was using engine modes that Hamilton was not and then Hamilton did the same when the pair were racing in Spain in two weeks ago. Wolff played down the significance of the two incidents, but said it had added to the tension in Monaco and would not be allowed in the future".

http://en.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/160127.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:16 pm 

aice wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
I feel like when Hamilton retires we might get some more insight into that battle at Mercedes.

On his recent Beyond the grid podcast Nico said it started at Bahrain 2014 but when pressed on how he said he couldn't say, hinting that maybe he could one day.

I remember in that race Rosberg felt Hamilton had pushed him unfairly off track while defending his position. I have a hard time believing that's where it all came from, though. Maybe Monaco, after which Lewis was unable to trust Nico, would be a more likely starting point from the outside perspective.

Unless of course Rosberg was still harboring resentment from Bahrain in Monaco, and that's why he did what he (allegedly) did.

Was it not Bahrain were Rosberg said that Hamilton used an engine mode to defend his position so giving Hamilton an unfair advantage, the drivers have to use the same engine modes.

That's quite a jump to Rosberg perhaps justifying his decision to park his car In Monaco qualifying, a bit like you punch me in the arm then I'm going to punch you in the face.

According to Wolff, it was the other way around. That it was Rosberg's use of an engine mode in Bahrain, that's where the animosity started

" Wolff revealed that the tension dates back to the epic battle between the two in Bahrain where Rosberg was using engine modes that Hamilton was not and then Hamilton did the same when the pair were racing in Spain in two weeks ago. Wolff played down the significance of the two incidents, but said it had added to the tension in Monaco and would not be allowed in the future".

http://en.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/160127.html

So it was Rosberg that started the duplicity and carried it on, maybe we don't have to wonder why perhaps Hamilton doesn't like him?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 pm 

pokerman wrote:
So it was Rosberg that started the duplicity and carried it on, maybe we don't have to wonder why perhaps Hamilton doesn't like him?

That would sound like Rosberg started it, yes, but Hamilton then proceeded to do exactly the same thing in the next race.

Besides, Hamilton likes Alonso now, and Alonso openly screwed him over in Hungary. That can't be the whole story.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 pm 

Exediron wrote:
pokerman wrote:

That would sound like Rosberg started it, yes, but Hamilton then proceeded to do exactly the same thing in the next race.

Besides, Hamilton likes Alonso now, and Alonso openly screwed him over in Hungary. That can't be the whole story.

...and then after that we had Monaco.

Hamilton has always respected Alonso's ability, probably not so much Rosberg, but he wouldn't entertain him at Mercedes, I think if Alonso had ended up at Mercedes it potentially could have been worse than the situation with Rosberg and then maybe his thoughts towards Alonso might be a bit different, 2007 is quite a long time ago and Hamilton basically joined McLaren as a #2 driver with Dennis having promised Alonso preferential treatment so the back ground is not really the same.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)