planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Ferrari run away with it

Renault win best of the rest with a serious challange from haas

We stop talking about the mercedes engine as the best and flip to the ferrari...

Please remember I said BOLD predictions

In Spain, France, and GB if I remember correctly Pirelli brought a thinner compound and were considering bringing the thinner compound to future races.
In Spain Ferrari had bad tire(you say tyre) wear and were off the pace, they seemed fighty in France but the race did not come to fruition. Here in GB if they can beat or match the mercs they cover off the thinner compound threat of being in say round 19. Also Q3 in GB 5 of 10 cars are Ferrari. There are only 6 Ferrari cars in the whole field which to me says that they have found something in the engine over the break. This means if they are getting both ferraris in 33% of their engines in Q3, if they also get both HAAS who have cemented a run to challenge Renault in recent performance then 66% of engines, if Leclerc continues his hot run of form they are getting a scare efficient amount of cars into Q3 with a Ferrari engine.

Renault... They seem to also suffer a little from the thinner tires and despite the challange from HAAS I do not think that what they managed in the beginning of the season will be surmountable in the constructors championship but I think we will see the HAAS team taking chunkns out of them in the championship for the rest of the season.

If my bold predictions are correct then I think it is clear the 3rd one will probably be accepted but I think even if Ferrari do not run away with it we will still start to consider the Ferrari engine above the Mercedes for my 3rd bold prediction

_________________
Don't be quick to judge or the verdict might come back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2282
Someone outside of the top 3 teams will get a podium somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4798
KingVoid wrote:
Someone outside of the top 3 teams will get a podium somewhere.

One of the Haas tomorrow!

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9353
I don´t think those are particularly bold predictions even if I disagree with some of them.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1042
Hulkenberg gets a podium !!!

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:54 am
Posts: 593
Mayhem wrote:
Hulkenberg gets a podium !!!


Its done!! it can not get bolder than that, moderators can close the thread now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2282
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6105
Location: Michigan, USA
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

And in every even year, Vettel makes more mistakes and generally struggles more than he did in the odd year preceding it.

Therefore, Vettel bottles it in the final race. Calling it now.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Fair Lawn, New Jersey
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

COUGH COUGH Vettel at RBR? There was not any competition for him for like 2 or 3 years, I know 2010 and 2012 were close but the rest were RBR runaways

_________________
Don't be quick to judge or the verdict might come back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

And in every even year, Vettel makes more mistakes and generally struggles more than he did in the odd year preceding it.

Therefore, Vettel bottles it in the final race. Calling it now.

He worked the other way at Red Bull, the 2010 season he came from behind I think (this was the year Alo got stuck behind Petrov covering Webber?)

Then he crushed 11, 12 was close, esoecially in the first half and then he literally ran away with 13 and then they switched regs for 14

_________________
Don't be quick to judge or the verdict might come back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7522
emb1496 wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

COUGH COUGH Vettel at RBR? There was not any competition for him for like 2 or 3 years, I know 2010 and 2012 were close but the rest were RBR runaways

What relevance does that have to the post?

Every even year since 2008 the championship has gone to the final round. That is the claim that was made. The fact that Red Bull and Mercedes have dominated that period of time doesn't change that fact.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7522
McLaren get a podium :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6105
Location: Michigan, USA
emb1496 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

And in every even year, Vettel makes more mistakes and generally struggles more than he did in the odd year preceding it.

Therefore, Vettel bottles it in the final race. Calling it now.

He worked the other way at Red Bull, the 2010 season he came from behind I think (this was the year Alo got stuck behind Petrov covering Webber?)

Then he crushed 11, 12 was close, esoecially in the first half and then he literally ran away with 13 and then they switched regs for 14

You just identified exactly the pattern I was talking about. Not sure what point you're making?

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 731
I can't think of anything really that bold, the only one I can think is Bottas not winning a single race largely due to bad luck and Hamilton and Vettel stepping it up for the run in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Exediron wrote:
emb1496 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

And in every even year, Vettel makes more mistakes and generally struggles more than he did in the odd year preceding it.

Therefore, Vettel bottles it in the final race. Calling it now.

He worked the other way at Red Bull, the 2010 season he came from behind I think (this was the year Alo got stuck behind Petrov covering Webber?)

Then he crushed 11, 12 was close, esoecially in the first half and then he literally ran away with 13 and then they switched regs for 14

You just identified exactly the pattern I was talking about. Not sure what point you're making?

That half those seasons were completely uncontested

_________________
Don't be quick to judge or the verdict might come back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 am
Posts: 304
PRFAN wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Hulkenberg gets a podium !!!


Its done!! it can not get bolder than that, moderators can close the thread now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


that is quite the bold statement.

_________________
- Mod Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 14225
emb1496 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
emb1496 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.

And in every even year, Vettel makes more mistakes and generally struggles more than he did in the odd year preceding it.

Therefore, Vettel bottles it in the final race. Calling it now.

He worked the other way at Red Bull, the 2010 season he came from behind I think (this was the year Alo got stuck behind Petrov covering Webber?)

Then he crushed 11, 12 was close, esoecially in the first half and then he literally ran away with 13 and then they switched regs for 14

You just identified exactly the pattern I was talking about. Not sure what point you're making?

That half those seasons were completely uncontested


It's pretty clear that, for whatever reason, Vettel appears to perform better in odd numbered years. That's the pattern Exediron is referring to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am
Posts: 246
Kimi to win 2 races in a row.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:27 pm
Posts: 13
Somebody will die.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Frenk Biber wrote:
Somebody will die.


That's unusually dark for this place :)

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:48 pm
Posts: 373
* Daniel to never beat Max again this season on pace in qualy (so excluding reliability, grid penalties and incidents).

* Charles Leclerc to get on the podium in an incident-rich Singapore.

* Vettel to be WDC with two races to go, so after Mexico already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: Perth, Australia
*Grosjean to be dumped from Haas before the end of the season.
*McLaren to podium in Singapore
*Ricciardo to sign with Ferrari for 2019

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:27 pm
Posts: 13
mds wrote:
Frenk Biber wrote:
Somebody will die.


That's unusually dark for this place :)



My last prediction in a thread like this earlier this year was: Europe will have a horror summer so we will have seven rain races in a row.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:00 am
Posts: 580
Location: Running wide at Bergwerk
Toby. wrote:
*Grosjean to be dumped from Haas before the end of the season.
*McLaren to podium in Singapore
*Ricciardo to sign with Ferrari for 2019

Swap with Leclerc? Doesn't seem so bold now I think about it... Would also help your third prediction come true.

_________________
"Guys I'm coming in, I'm having too much grip"
- Chanoch Nissany


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1425
Location: Far side of Koozebane
- XNDA to release a cover version of "Don't Worry. Be Happy" with Eminem.

- James Vowels leaves Merc to joins the British Military as a strategic planner.

- Grosjean & Verstappen leaves F1 to open a chain of safe driving schools throughout Europe.

- Raikonnen wins the Nobel Prize for Medicine when it's discovered that listening to him speak for 3 minutes before bed time has a
100% success rate in curing insomnia

- Ricciardo announces he wont be signing any contract until the end of the season as he's still "weighing up his options". Meanwhile
Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, McLaren, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Force India, Sauber, Williams & Haas all announce their driver line up's for
2019.

- McLaren re-sign Alonso for 2019 but allow him to miss races to participate in the Tour de France, Volvo around the world yacht race,
Iditarod, Gloucester cheese rolling festival, Kentucky Derby, Finnish wife carrying championships, Scottish Highland games & the US -
North Korea peace talks.

- Magnussen wins 'Most Popular Driver" award as voted on by his peers.

- Helmut Marko opens a refuge for forgotten young drivers announcing " It's horrible the way some people treat these kids".

_________________
Question: If a compulsive liar tells you they're a compulsive liar, are they really a compulsive liar?

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4798
That was a fun read!

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6105
Location: Michigan, USA
Jezza13 wrote:
- Helmut Marko opens a refuge for forgotten young drivers announcing " It's horrible the way some people treat these kids".

:thumbup: :lol:

I like them all, but this one really tickled my funny bone.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1591
Location: Canada
Jezza13 wrote:
-
- Grosjean & Verstappen leaves F1 to open a chain of safe driving schools throughout Europe.
.

:lol:

Would have to be in Europe, as Moldonado already has a franchise for this in North America


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6578
Haha, well done Jezza13!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 1203
KingVoid wrote:
Ever since 2008, there has been a pattern where in every even year, the championship is decided in the final race of the season.

Therefore I reckon the WDC will still be alive in Abu Dhabi.


The championship has been decided in the last race of every even year since 2006.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2282
Well since 2008 the championship was decided before the final race of the season in every odd year, a pattern that breaks down with 2007. :)

Here’s another one: Neither Bottas or Raikkonen will win a race this season

Mercedes will win 8 races in total, all Hamilton.
Ferrari will win 8 races in total, all Vettel.
Red Bull will win 5 races, 3 for Verstappen and 2 for Ricciardo.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fiki, owenmahamilton, pc27b, Yellowbin74 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group