planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: Indycar at Toronto
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 pm 

Looking forward to this. 3 Hondas and 3 Chebys in the top six. Hoping for a good race.

Just hope it isn't a Penske walk away.

Post subject: Re: Indycar at Toronto
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:15 pm 

Mort Canard wrote:
Looking forward to this. 3 Hondas and 3 Chebys in the top six. Hoping for a good race.

Just hope it isn't a Penske walk away.

I would be perfectly content with a Penske 1-2-3. Not gonna happen though, nor has it often this year. In fact, Penske only has one car in the Top 4 in the championship and Dixon leads it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:23 pm 

Lap 34 Murder and Mayhem. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 pm 

No need to worry about a Penske walk away now. However Dixon has to be delighted with Newgarden's incident. Dixon should be able to extend his championship lead handsomely baring the unforeseen.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm 

I hope Wickens and Pagenaud can take the fight to Dixon.

Man, I wish F1 cars could pass and follow like these guys do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:49 pm 

Mort Canard wrote:

Agreed! Wasn't there well over 800 passes even before the end or of the last race?

As for Dixon, anyone else is going to need some help to stop him, I fear.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm 

Elbows out - Wickens and Pagenaud. 8O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:14 pm 

Blake wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:

Agreed! Wasn't there well over 800 passes even before the end or of the last race?

As for Dixon, anyone else is going to need some help to stop him, I fear.

Pagenaud has the bit between his teeth but with just 5 laps to go it looks a bit of a long shot.

P. S. Well Dixon earned that one. Not that happy seeing him open up more of a lead in the championship but It was a good race.

Fine performances by Pagenaud and Wickens also.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:02 am 

Sure was a crazy race. I think Dixon was in a league of his own, man he just had it going on. Feel back for Wickens, he said his car just didn't handle well any longer after the scrap with Pagenaud. Good on SPM to get a 3 and 4 finish. Even though Andretti isn't my favourite driver, I felt bad for him having to fuel and losing so many places at the end. This certainly spiced up the championship.

Re passing and Indy vs F1, I sure agree. And this was a road course!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:14 pm 

This was a brutal day of racing. The weather was very hot and humid, that alone is something no one wants to go through. The track is still bumpy and with those walls, one a driver must adjust to every corner.

Even though it had more than it's fair share of chaos and cautions, I love this kind of stuff. IMO racing should be unpredictable and exciting. As a local I was cheering for both Wickens and Hinch. It was nice to see them do well.

If only Formula One could run as close and deliver such exciting passing and action.

I hope SPM have Wickens locked in for a few more years, he has become a valuable commodity any team would want.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:09 am 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
This was a brutal day of racing. The weather was very hot and humid, that alone is something no one wants to go through. The track is still bumpy and with those walls, one a driver must adjust to every corner.

Even though it had more than it's fair share of chaos and cautions, I love this kind of stuff. IMO racing should be unpredictable and exciting. As a local I was cheering for both Wickens and Hinch. It was nice to see them do well.

If only Formula One could run as close and deliver such exciting passing and action.

I hope SPM have Wickens locked in for a few more years, he has become a valuable commodity any team would want.

Agreed, but Indycar have one universal aero package designed to limit downforce and turbulence. You have to run the approved bodywork without modification. Many heads would explode if that was tried in Formula One.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:26 am 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Fellow canadian?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:36 pm 

Altair wrote:
Fellow canadian?

Yuppers :)

https://media2.giphy.com/media/y5ATd9wY5xzSo/200.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:51 pm 

I really feel it for Rossi after going for 3 wings. And especially for Newgarden with that rubber-filled track. But 2 and 3 are too far apart. And Kimball really put a great performance for Carlin with a 5th place finish. I also feel sad for Pigot. He is really coming along with Ed Carpenter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 pm 

Mort Canard wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Agreed, but Indycar have one universal aero package designed to limit downforce and turbulence. You have to run the approved bodywork without modification. Many heads would explode if that was tried in Formula One.

F1 is always talking about cost reduction! Reckon if F1 went to single element front and rear wings and did away with all the barge board BS each team would probably save $100M in Wind Tunnel time and the engineering talent to make and test all the models and then make the parts. Save a Billion and improve racing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:27 pm 

mmi16 wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

F1 is always talking about cost reduction! Reckon if F1 went to single element front and rear wings and did away with all the barge board BS each team would probably save $100M in Wind Tunnel time and the engineering talent to make and test all the models and then make the parts. Save a Billion and improve racing.

Save a Billion and improve racing. Aye Carumba! There's a though!