planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:28 am 

Just came across this video on Youtube, I like it when they do this sort of thing, it only ever seems to be Red Bull that does it though which is a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld7c6ZO4n2A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:30 am 

Nice and well edited video.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:46 am 

Chris Horner on the phone to Ricciardo

Horner: Hi Daniel, hows the road trip going?

Ricciardo: Good Christian. How's things with you?

Horner: Good thanks Daniel. Ah Daniel, I've just got news you've signed for Renault.

Ricciardo: Yeah Christian. It was a tough decision but ultimately I think it's my best chance at winning a championship.

Horner: Well Daniel. I must say i'm disappointed but you must do what you feels best.

Ricciardo: I'm glad you understand.

Horner: Ah Daniel, we've had a last minute change of route. We want you to detour through the Mojave desert.

Ricciardo: Right... um ok Christian. Will I have enough fuel in the car and water in my drink bottle to get through it?

Horner: Oh don't worry about that Daniel. You'll have enough to get you to exactly where we want you to get to. Drive safely Daniel. Goodbye.

Ricciardo: Ah yes..... goodbye......Christian.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 pm 

Vegas is in the Mojave Desert. If they didn't go through Monument Valley they could've just routed him through Death Valley since it's right on the way of a direct shot from Frisco to Vegas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:11 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Vegas is in the Mojave Desert. If they didn't go through Monument Valley they could've just routed him through Death Valley since it's right on the way of a direct shot from Frisco to Vegas.

Thanks for pointing out the flaw in my now obviously poor attempt at humour RaggedMan due to my lack of geographical knowledge of the USA.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 pm 

Jezza13 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the flaw in my now obviously poor attempt at humour RaggedMan due to my lack of geographical knowledge of the USA.

The premise for the gag was right on, just a little off geographically.
And just to hit myself with a bit of my own pedantry Death Valley is part of the Mojave as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:40 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

And just to hit myself with a bit of my own pedantry Death Valley is part of the Mojave as well.

Ya see my mistake Raggedman was thinking the US was a bit like Australia.

You go 6-700km inland from the coast from just about about anywhere in Australia and all you'll find is tin pot towns, flat earth, rusted out cars, huge Kangaroos & emu's, deadly snakes and the odd murdered backpacker.

No million population gambling cities in the desert where we come from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:45 pm 

Jezza13 wrote:

You go 6-700km inland from the coast from just about about anywhere in Australia and all you'll find is tin pot towns, flat earth, rusted out cars, huge Kangaroos & emu's, deadly snakes and the odd murdered backpacker.

Most accurate description of rural Australia I’ve ever read.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:05 pm 

oz_karter wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:

Most accurate description of rural Australia I’ve ever read.

I think the closest Australia comes to Vegas is Kalgoorlie in WA.

Basically a mining town with a pop of 30,000, 600km east of Perth full of pubs & prostitutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:06 pm 

Jezza13 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

We do tend to have a bad habit of trying to bend nature to our will here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:28 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

We do tend to have a bad habit of trying to bend nature to our will here.

Well the Mafia know how to build a town don't they?

You're right about the bending nature stuff but some of it's pretty bloody impressive. Any civilisation that can build metropolises near major fault lines, volcanic areas, tornado prone plains, hurricane hit coastal areas or blizzard affected lands is doing ok.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:05 pm 

owenmahamilton wrote:
Just came across this video on Youtube, I like it when they do this sort of thing, it only ever seems to be Red Bull that does it though which is a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld7c6ZO4n2A

i'm not sure how or why so many energy drinks are sold across the world, but red bull is pretty amazing if you are a fan of motor sports

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm 

Cool stuff. Would be awesome if they drove down lake shore drive in Chicago. I cant imagine the traffic nightmare it would cause but you could get some iconic shots