planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

How has your interest in F1 in 2018 compared to 10 years ago?
More interested 28%  28%  [ 15 ]
About the same 20%  20%  [ 11 ]
Less interested 52%  52%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 54
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:07 am 

G'day all

F1 has gone down some weird and interesting paths the last few years, with a lot said about how the changes have affected viewer interest. While I still watched every race, I'll concede my interest over 2016 and 2017 did definitely drop to a level where I would tune in on race day to find out most things I'd missed over the previous two weeks. In 2018, possibly due to the closer battle at the front between Vettel and Hamilton, I've started watching a bit more often (and a few more qualifying sessions). In comparison to 10 years ago, though, when I would watch most practice sessions, qualifying and the race, and check F1-related websites just about every waking hour, my general level of interest (or obsession) has dropped.

Of course a lot has changed in my life over the past decade, as well, which has certainly gone some ways to affecting how much time I can spend reading about F1 and watching seven hours of cars every other weekend.

So I ask the users of PF1 forum if my experience is the norm, and what their own experiences are.

Over the previous 10 years (2009-2018), has your interest in F1 increased, reduced or remained about steady? Why do you think that might be?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 am 

I'd say increased, but if you compared it to ~5 years ago that would be different. I started actually watching F1 in 2007, so 10 years ago I was quite new to the sport. At the time I hadn't really got into all the stuff surrounding it, following the careers of young drivers, etc. so I would certainly say I'm more overall interested and engaged now than I was 10 years ago.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:19 am 

Ten years ago I was trying to follow along via Wikipedia articles, couldn't figure out how to actually watch F1 at all in my area, and was about to give up in frustration for several more years before I finally was able to actually start watching races (whereupon I immediately started watching every session of every weekend). So, definitely my actual level of interest and engagement is much higher, as I now follow along with everything F1-related I can (and F2 as well) and have spent a lot of time reading up as much as possible on the history of the sport and such. In the years that I've been watching, I'd say that my interest has remained roughly the same, but I don't really have any casual interests. I'm either borderline obsessed with something or I don't care about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 am 

Slightly more engaged but really quite similar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 am 

Less engaged.

Been watching since 1991, but I haven't enjoyed much of the 2010's.

Last edited by Badgeronimous on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 am 

An interesting piece of correlation data would be to add whether the driver/team you support is more or less successful than they were 10 years ago. I suspect for many people there will be a strong correlation, although not for everyone.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 am 

I've been consistently losing interest these past 5 or so years. These days I don't watch any practice sessions at all, and do most of my "catching up" during the quali broadcast. Race starts used to be so thrilling I always thought I'm going to have a heart attack when the light sequence started. These days I guess my pulse rate may increase somewhat but it's not even comparable.

Bland drivers and bland cars make bland races, especially if the track is bland as well. Don't get me even started on the tyres.

I fully support the decision to go hybrid with these cars, and they are technological marvels and as fast as they've ever been in the history of the sport. But it's like driving my new car vs driving my classic car. The new car is better in each and every aspect yet the sensation is dull and uninteresting compared to when I'm driving the classic car.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:40 am 

The last GP I watched is Japan 2014. I just follow (truly following, and from an ever increasing distance). Reading results and lurking web sites. I used to be a regular (I mean daily) poster here... The least I can say is that I'm no more a regular poster (an average 5 uninteresting posts a year...).

I have only one thing to add to Covalent's post : When the silly season is, by far, more interesting and entertaining than a year of races (and only this year silly season - the previous ones were just as dull as the racing seasons), may be there's something wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:27 am 

Difficult one to answer. My interest is still high but my enthusiasm has waned, that's for sure. This year, to be fair, my interest has sparked a bit more due to the better competition, but the last few years I've found myself less and less bothered about missing a race and other than Monza I can't actually remember the last qualifying I wanted to watch. I used to arrange my day around the races, whereas now I'll happily watch but won't lose sleep if I have something else to do, either.

For me I can trace my dissatisfaction quite clearly to the following things (in no particular order):

1. The switch from performance tyres to entertainment ones (I lied, that is most definitely my number one!). Massive, massive mistake IMO
    2. The introduction of the hybrid engines and specifically the regulations that accompanied them.
    3. The obsession with economy and durability taking precedence over performance and common sense
    4. The ban on testing and the move to wind tunnels

As a caveat, I don't have a problem with the hybrid technology per se, but I do have major issues about the way they were introduced. I think the hybrid era has been one of the worst I can think of as it has made the sport more of a closed shop than ever before. And I don't think they have enhanced the racing in any way whatsoever. When we are only just now breaking records that were set well over a decade ago, I have to wonder exactly what progress we think we have actually made.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 am 

Higher than a decade ago when I had started watching but not really following. Probably lower now than it was during the early 2010's.

I still enjoy the sport very much and love the immense speed of the current cars but I think I want to see new blood now, I'm a bit bored of Vettel and Hamilton winning everything tbh, which is pretty much all I've seen since I started watching, and I'd love to be seeing a Leclerc v Verstappen championship fight next year for example.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:30 am 

Probably slightly more, but not because of anything relating to F1 itself. Ten years ago I was working from home which meant I would start my day late and go to bed in the early hours of the morning so I could watch the NHL. Because I'm now working normal hours I'm pretty much unable to stay up and watch the NHL games at those times, so I think my interest in hockey has decreased as a result, and because of that I feel more attached to F1.

I've said it before, but F1 has basically been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember. My parents would sit me down in front of the TV to watch it when I was only a couple of years old, and one of my earliest memories is of that. I honestly find it difficult to imagine any changes they could make to F1 that would actually prevent me from watching it. At worst I'd probably seek out alternative forms of motorsport (which I do anyway, to be fair) but keep watching F1.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 am 

My interest remains much the same as 10 years ago, but compares very poorly to the 1980s and early '90s.

I keep telling myself that it's just my age that makes me see Hamilton and Vettel differently from Senna and Prost; but perhaps it's more the round-the-clock coverage and hyping that prevents me from enjoying the current generation.
The cars I still find fascinating, though they have been taken in a completely wrong direction since last year. Will the 2021 rules correct the current silliness? I'm not holding my breath.

I dislike the way the FIA/F1 have chosen spectacle over sport at just about every important point over the last few years, and I deplore the fact that the rules remain both ill-written and explained, and often quite simply ridiculed by drivers.

And yet I was in one of the few worthwhile grandstands at Francorchamps last month, though I doubt I will be going next year. It is far too expensive. I know, Kimi will be there, but still...

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:36 am 

Exediron wrote:
An interesting piece of correlation data would be to add whether the driver/team you support is more or less successful than they were 10 years ago. I suspect for many people there will be a strong correlation, although not for everyone.

Without doubt

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 1st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:50 am 

Exediron wrote:

Well you're pretty much on the mark with me there Exed.

Since 2008 my interest has increased based pretty much on the rise of Mark Webber & then Daniel Ricciardo.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:31 pm 

Have been watching more F1 since Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel arrived on the scene. My interest had waned a bit after Schumacher retired for the first time.

I am thinking that the Hamilton-Vettel rivalry will be remembered for many decades to come much like the Prost-Senna rivalry is still revered.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:35 pm 

My interest has dropped off dramatically in the last 10 years.

I went through a good few year long period where I never missed a race, where I'd get up early for Aussie GP Practice sessions just because they were the first step in the season and I was itching for some F1. Now, I'll watch a GP if I'm free but quite often I'll just watch the 5 minute highlight videos on the F1 YT channel. I went to Silverstone in 2011 and 2014, but I wouldn't be willing to pay that price to go again at this point. None of my friends are in to the sport anymore which drags me out of it. I still like to keep up with technical things (as in, watch a YT video explaining something fancy on the cars) but my interest has fallen. That all said, I still enjoy the analysis and discussion, just not really the watching of F1.

I see 3 reasons for this drop off.
1) Jules Bianchi's death. Didn't know him or anything, but when he got injured I feel I pulled back a little. When he passed, I don't really know but it made me love the sport a lot less. I think it's weird to react like that given it was a freak accident and F1 has a pretty tremendous safety record of late, but it is a factor.

2) Lewis Hamilton... I really quite liked LH at McLaren. Increasingly, I find him very irritating. He's still a truly fantastic racing driver and I'm not having a go at him - I'm in favour of the idea of people being what/who they want to be if it's all above board etc and I do think he seems like a nice bloke in general. I don't go complaining about him other than here because it's relevant here. I think perhaps he was my favourite for a time and when he stopped being my favourite, no one replaced him. And while you can love a sport as a neutral, I'm not sure I can.

3) Changes in my life mean I pretty much dislike a whole bunch of things that I used to love. This is purely a "me" thing and unrelated to the sport. Now, I'll also admit that I think this is the biggest single factor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:38 pm 

I’ve gone from watching and reading as much about F1 as I could plus attending one or two races to currently watching parts of the highlights (and looking at this forum a couple of times a week).

I still very much enjoy F1 but I’ve lost all emotional attachment to it and it just doesn’t excite me the same (too many reasons to mention but most have been discussed here over the years).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm 

Sad to say but my interest significantly dropped the moment Hamilton went to Mercedes.

I am one of his biggest fans and whenever I want to watch his on-board pole positions(I did watch all of them) I constantly go back to when he was driving for McLaren. It was always right on the edge stuff with the car lacking fuel or breaking or whatever pit stop disaster but it was alive and not a computer like the Mercedes where if your software engineer misses his calibration it makes you look very stupid at the wheel not knowing what to do (remember Lewis at Baku and Sochi many years ago).

The only moment I enjoy now is when he drives in the rain. Sad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:02 pm 

My interest and passion has definitely declined. I remember when I was first able to watch every F1 race on TV after decades of at most 2-4 races, I was so excited that getting up early on Sunday mornings for Euro races or staying up to 2am for Asian races wasn't much of a burden... Today I don't bother, I set the recorder and watch it later.

It is not the success of lack thereof for my favorite team as I retained my enthusiasm for the sport during much, much longer dry spells. I have asked myself why the "cooling off" of my F1 passion and come up with numerous reasons:

The many new tracks are boring for the most part, both in their configurations and their locations. The selling of F1 races by Bernie got to be ridiculous. The holding existing tracks to a ransom of sorts is really irritating. Bernie actions toward Indianapolis being the serious example.

The elimination of gravel traps has changed F1 in a most negative way in my opinion. There used to be a consequence for the advantages drivers take today and we argue about for the next week.

The cars over the past coup!e of decades have become aesthetic disasters that their performance just can't overcome for me. Perhaps the artist in me out too much emphasis in the design, but it just seems that race cars should look clean, smooth, and fast...not like a mechanical Praying Mantis. Indy cars are much more efficient looking, it seems F1 cars could be too.

The near ellimination of testing and the asinine token system that prohibited the teams opportunity to develop and possibly catch up during the season. Whoever got it right the first year was pretty much guaranteed 3 years of championships and as we were to learn nearly unprecedented domination for that amount of time. Absolutely stupid on the part of the FIA.

Another point, and again mere!y my opinion, the media coverage. Since the loss of the Speed Channel here in the US, it has been more and more difficult to find the racing coverage and/or access it. Then we lose Varsha for the likes of Diffey??? Now the near final blow ... A British based broadcast team who totally fail to realize that a fair part of their market are not Hamilton fans and get tired of hearing their Lewis worship broadcast. Why should I have to turn down the sound to enjoy watching an F1 race and to avoid the very irritating Crofty? Lastly, this forum I am sad to say. I should likely show discretion and not mention it, but I feel that the forum has changed in a negative way as I see it over the last sixteen years that I have been a part of if. The changes have taken a lot of the fun out of my F1 enjoyment it seems.

I don't expect everyone, maybe not anyone, to agree with all of my reasons in this post, but it is how I feel and does answer to a point the question of my interest level in F1 today. As an F1 fan for nearly 60 years, one who attended an F1 race for eleven straight years, I find myself looking evermore to other racing series for my four wheel "fix".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm 

I feel like my interest has declined over the past few years, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure why.

I like the hybrid technology. The field is no more spread out than it has been in the past. Most of the newer circuits are great and I can't say I miss the older ones that have disappeared (Magny-Cours anyone?). The TV coverage gives us more access and more data than ever. Overtaking is much easier than it has been for decades, even if the way they've achieved it is a bit of a fudge. I genuinely believe that the sport is more watchable now than it has ever been, yet it's never excited me less.

Is it the fragile tyres hampering the racing? The widespread use of tarmac run-off removing most of the challenge from many of the circuits? The fact that many of the midfield teams don't bother fighting for position against the top teams any more? Maybe it's just that after 20 years of watching I feel like I've seen it all and F1 has nothing new to show me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 pm 

Blake wrote:
A British based broadcast team who totally fail to realize that a fair part of their market are not Hamilton fans and get tired of hearing their Lewis worship broadcast. Why should I have to turn down the sound to enjoy watching an F1 race and to avoid the very irritating Crofty? Lastly, this forum I am sad to say. I should likely show discretion and not mention it, but I feel that the forum has changed in a negative way as I see it over the last sixteen years that I have been a part of if.

Sky certainly have major faults, but I just don't see the massive bias that some others claim. In fact many times I have heard specific accusations about a particular broadcast only to re-watch myself and see the claims to be wildly inaccurate. I think in many cases it's personal bias on the part of the viewer, a negativity bias as it were, where they only remember the good things said about the driver they dislike, or the critisism of the driver they favour.

As an example, just recently after the German GP some here were up in arms at Kimi being asked about team orders straight after the race, as if there was some agenda against Ferrari. The truth of it was howevber that Bottas had been asked about the Merc team orders even before Kimi, but this of course had been ignored.

The problem I mostly see with Sky is a "last winner bias". Whoever won the last race, or qualified on pole or whatever is suddenly the greatest, and their opponents are cracking under the pressure. If a driver you dislike keeps winning then sure that will be irritating, but as soon as somebody else wins then the pendulum swings and they start with all new hyperbole. Very poor reporting generally, but I am not convinved of serious bias. You may have had a point if you were talking about the James Allen years, he went way over the top with his praise of Hamilton at times, and I think it ultimately cost him his job.

As for this forum, I have not been coming here for 16 years, but did join in 2008 (original account got lost in forum switchover). In all honesty I cannot say this place is any worse than 2008. It was pretty dire back then, and it feels to me like it is still more or less the same arguments being had over and over again, just different names. I would say that at times it does significantly detract from my enjoyment of the sport, at which times I do myself a favour and steer clear. If only ighnored posters didn't show up when quoted it would be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:51 pm 

Ten years ago I watched everything available. These days I record everything, and I can't even say I watch each race live. I now use the fast forward button while watching recordings.

The core of the sport is racing. While the drama, BS, and spectacle has increased, I watch for the racing, and that is very poor. I can watch other series that have a heck of a lot more intense racing and action.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 pm 

Lojik wrote:
Blake wrote:
A British based broadcast team who totally fail to realize that a fair part of their market are not Hamilton fans and get tired of hearing their Lewis worship broadcast. Why should I have to turn down the sound to enjoy watching an F1 race and to avoid the very irritating Crofty? Lastly, this forum I am sad to say. I should likely show discretion and not mention it, but I feel that the forum has changed in a negative way as I see it over the last sixteen years that I have been a part of if.

Sky certainly have major faults, but I just don't see the massive bias that some others claim. In fact many times I have heard specific accusations about a particular broadcast only to re-watch myself and see the claims to be wildly inaccurate. I think in many cases it's personal bias on the part of the viewer, a negativity bias as it were, where they only remember the good things said about the driver they dislike, or the critisism of the driver they favour.

As an example, just recently after the German GP some here were up in arms at Kimi being asked about team orders straight after the race, as if there was some agenda against Ferrari. The truth of it was howevber that Bottas had been asked about the Merc team orders even before Kimi, but this of course had been ignored.

The problem I mostly see with Sky is a "last winner bias". Whoever won the last race, or qualified on pole or whatever is suddenly the greatest, and their opponents are cracking under the pressure. If a driver you dislike keeps winning then sure that will be irritating, but as soon as somebody else wins then the pendulum swings and they start with all new hyperbole. Very poor reporting generally, but I am not convinved of serious bias. You may have had a point if you were talking about the James Allen years, he went way over the top with his praise of Hamilton at times, and I think it ultimately cost him his job.

As for this forum, I have not been coming here for 16 years, but did join in 2008 (original account got lost in forum switchover). In all honesty I cannot say this place is any worse than 2008. It was pretty dire back then, and it feels to me like it is still more or less the same arguments being had over and over again, just different names. I would say that at times it does significantly detract from my enjoyment of the sport, at which times I do myself a favour and steer clear. If only ighnored posters didn't show up when quoted it would be fine.

Lojik,
You may not be aware of a significant bias with Sky, but then you, apparently, British and a Hamilton fan... Do you not think that could be a factor? Enough however, I gave my reasons and I did not expect massive agreement, but it is my answer to the thread title.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:01 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Ten years ago I watched everything available. These days I record everything, and I can't even say I watch each race live. I now use the fast forward button while watching recordings.

The core of the sport is racing. While the drama, BS, and spectacle has increased, I watch for the racing, and that is very poor. I can watch other series that have a heck of a lot more intense racing and action.

But was the racing any better 10 years ago? I would argue that it wasn't.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm 

Lojik wrote:
Blake wrote:

:thumbup: Agree with all of this. Especially the bit about James Allen, though he gave the same treatment to Jenson Button as well. Remember his hideously over-the-top reaction to Button's first victory? It was cringeworthy in the extreme.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:14 pm 

Blake in your original post at 2.02 you state several significant points that undeniably have challenged F1 fans and has lead to a decline in interest.

Your last point about the media might be annoying to you but the media, whoever they are can only report on what is in front of them. My personal view is that Sky have damaged the sport, not by they commentary and presentation but by the fact that they have denied the live spectacle to many fans by pricing.

Its not the only sport that they have done this to, boxing, football, cricket, rugby union and golf have also been exploited. These are sports I once followed in detail now it is much more difficult to do so.

Many children have grown up not seeing live televised sport and simply filled their screen with things they can afford and control such as video games, youtube and streamed music.

F1 for me is much more enjoyable on Channel 4, I can easily afford Sky but decline to do so for the above reasons. The lack of exposure of F1 to todays youth is a mistake and Sky's reinstated highlights deal might well be recognition that the sport needs wider exposure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:10 pm 

Much less interest with the following reasons:

1. Race is more often than not decided with the qualifications, not by the race itself.
2. Some teams created a huge gap to the others. Current cars of F1 belong to the same series only technically, they are strongly devided in the classes, and there is no way out or up except between the lower and middle group.
3. Some apsolutely annoying and irritating characters like Hamilton and Alonso are greatly spoiling the viewing experience.
4. It's all very predictable, often even sterile.
5. There are no more miracle makers like in seventies and eighties such as G.Villeneuve, Keke Rosberg and Alain Prost who were able to outperform others that had stronger cars. Everything is deeply masked with technology and electronics, driver is nowhere there that final decisive factor.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:05 pm 

Blake wrote:
A British based broadcast team who totally fail to realize that a fair part of their market are not Hamilton fans and get tired of hearing their Lewis worship broadcast.

You should try Ziggo or some Spanish channel.. 😉

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:41 am 

Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:
A British based broadcast team who totally fail to realize that a fair part of their market are not Hamilton fans and get tired of hearing their Lewis worship broadcast.

If i spoke Spanish, I might. Do you listen to them? Maybe you could post translations.
;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:21 am 

I really only started watching F1 properly in 07/08. As I am only 1 year older than him, I took to Hamilton instantly. Still a fan of him today. Force India has been a long time favourite of mine. As such my interest over the last few years has been high with both Hamilton and Force India doing so well. I do miss the sound/experience of the old cars live. This has lessened my interest to go live. I can live with that though to have cars that break track records race after race. It's possible these records will stand for some time. Enjoy watching F1 history potentially being made. Nothing wrong with F1 this year. If people aren't excited about this year they need to find another sport. 2-3 teams able to battle it out at multiple tracks for the win is good enough for me. The gap to the midfield sucks but what a great battle inside of it. Any team bar maybe Williams can be flirting with those last points paying positions now on any race weekend. What a great time to watch F1.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:50 am 

My interest remains the same.

F1 motorsport evolves around technology, always have done!...

You cannot criticize drivers that go along with regulations and the FIA. I do agree, we need more teams and regulated prize money, so the other teams can catch up. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:11 am 

I just think this is a poor era, not in terms of driving talent - which at times has been as strong as any point in my 28yrs watching (I mean the grid has had at least 3 ATG's on it every season so far in the 10's), but in terms of how the sport had evolved coupled with regulations, and financial distributions that performance lock contructors.

In the 2010's we have seen:

- Tyres that often are not up to the job, and sooooo thermally sensitive.
- Aero that detracts significantly from the quality of racing of similarly matched cars
- Limited scope to develop, seeing it very hard to catch up.
- Limited scope to innovate.
- Costs rise exponentially as the big teams invest in infrastructure/personnel to negate the testing ban
- Costly engines.
- Drivers going at 80% to manage their race, as pushing will punish you hard as the tyres go off.
- Predictable race weekends.
- Very limited scope for up and comers to get a chance.
- 2x of the most dominant single constructor periods in history

The sport badly needs a shake up as the 2010's have not been a good era, despite the talent at the front end.

I don't follow any team or any driver.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:34 am 

Blake wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:

If i spoke Spanish, I might. Do you listen to them? Maybe you could post translations.
;)

If you really think Sky UK "bias" is bad you should try those channels..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:44 pm 

Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:

;)

Yes, Ziggo in the Netherlands should be renamed the Max Verstappen channel...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 pm 

I think the last season that I really enjoyed was 2012 although this year so far and last year have been good to watch.

I'm sure others have said it in this thread already, but being from the UK and not having access to watch live has really made me lose interest. I used to watch the Sky footage by less reputable means, bit honestly found it to be really bad (the actual content, not the picture quality) so I'm happy now to settle for C4 highlights. The only problem being that so I don't spoil the race for myself I have to fully avoid and news, social media, YouTube etc. Especially now that Liberty are giving f1 a much bigger online presence than it used to have (really not a bad thing,except for me personally).

When f1tv was announced, I was fully on board and ready to give Liberty my money. So a massive shame that the old contracts in place with Sky stop me getting full access to it and by the time that contract runs out, I may well have stopped watching as religiously as I used the way things are going.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:07 am 

Zoue wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:

;)

Sky UK are doing a pretty good job of doing that themselves I reckon. An argument could be made for renaming it "The Lewis & Max love hour".

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 am 

Jezza13 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Blake wrote:
Pullrod wrote:

;)

Sky UK are doing a pretty good job of doing that themselves I reckon. An argument could be made for renaming it "The Lewis & Max love hour".

I can understand them waxing lyrical when he's done well, but e.g according to the Ziggo panel Max was the innocent victim in Baku. He can do no wrong and every weekend you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the WDC leader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am 

Jezza13 wrote:
Zoue wrote:

So now they're biased to Verstappen as well??? Sorry I just don't see it. I think they only thing they are guilty of is being too effusive in their praise for any driver that is winning or doing well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm 

My interest grows each year. I don't know why, maybe I'm stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:01 pm 

interest level decreasing .

especially with the hybrid era.

but im still watching.