planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 am 

Just seen this video on YouTube, some of them are quite funny in my opinion, especially the last one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l77m-u2EdM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:08 am 

Good find, thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:49 pm 

Since I can never watch free practice, no wonder I have forgotten about those. But apart from Berger's Monaco crash, which was a bit vague in my mind, I have forgotten none of those in qualifying or the races. That surprises even me.

Ask me about crashes from the last 10-odd years, and things might be cloudier in my mind. ;)

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 pm 

Interesting watch, but many of these are from practice sessions that I didn't watch in the first place. And Hamilton's wheel failure on the last lap in Barcelona was hardly forgettable, the 18 points he lost that day would have won him the title.

Berger's crash coming out of the pitlane was an interesting one as I believe it was one of the major contributors to the banning of active suspension. The system was programmed for the pit straight so it failed to correctly adjust itself for a bump at the pit exit, sending the car veering out of control.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am 

The driver that always sticks in my mind for crashing so frequently is Derek Warwick. I'm sure a youtube search will turn up several of his crashes, most of which were seemingly unforced errors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:42 am 

Interesting because to me that Sutil - Trulli crash is a rather vivid memory. Okay, maybe you don't remember the crash for itself but the press conference is unintended comedy gold. It's uncomfortable for Sutil, Trulli has photo evidence which is just hilarious to me. Alonso is clearly having a great time and Kimi is just being Kimi. Cracks me up just to think of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:52 am 

mac_d wrote:
Interesting because to me that Sutil - Trulli crash is a rather vivid memory. Okay, maybe you don't remember the crash for itself but the press conference is unintended comedy gold. It's uncomfortable for Sutil, Trulli has photo evidence which is just hilarious to me. Alonso is clearly having a great time and Kimi is just being Kimi. Cracks me up just to think of it.

It must never be forgotten.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 pm 

Exediron wrote:
mac_d wrote:

It must never be forgotten.

I was thinking of this one just last week - I couldn't remember the accident, but couldn't forget Trulli bringing photos into the press conference.

Kimi looked well young..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:33 pm 

Kimi looking young? Here's Kimi looking young..!

Source: https://www.essentiallysports.com/raikkonen-take-part-ownership-sauber/