Leclerc will win by a mile 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: Re: Vettel vs. Leclerc
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 pm 

Exediron wrote:
trento wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Vettel is not filthy rich himself?

yes but earning another 20 million or so would mean more to him than Rosberg, whose family networth far exceeds that of Vettel.

I'm not sure it would. Once you have enough, don't you have enough? I've never really got the vibe from Vettel that he's motivated by being super rich (beyond just being set for life, which he already very much is).

Indeed Vettel comes across as someone with simple needs, he has more than enough money to lead the lifestyle he requires.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 16th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Post subject: Re: Vettel vs. Leclerc
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:37 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
trento wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Vettel is not filthy rich himself?

yes but earning another 20 million or so would mean more to him than Rosberg, whose family networth far exceeds that of Vettel.

I'm not sure it would. Once you have enough, don't you have enough? I've never really got the vibe from Vettel that he's motivated by being super rich (beyond just being set for life, which he already very much is).

I think once you have $100 million another $20 million probably isn't going to make that much difference to your lifestyle. Especially as Vettel doesn't seem to be interested in the high life.

I saw an interesting vlog on this; although unfortunately I cant remember whose it was, maybe Saward, Windsor? They were making the point that Vettel and Hamilton have the same outlook on retirement. They both avoid F1 unless they are obligated to be involved; Hamilton jumping out of airplanes or off mountains, whilst Vettel can't wait to get home to his family, classic bikes and Beatles memorabilia. Quite simply the current F1 circus bores them. And both need one thing to keep them in the sport, having a chance to drive a car capable of winning races. Once that chance disappears, so will they.