Vettel will win by a mile 24%  24%  [ 13 ]
Vettel will win but it will be close 42%  42%  [ 23 ]
Leclerc will win but it will be close 29%  29%  [ 16 ]
Leclerc will win by a mile 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: Vettel vs. Leclerc
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:12 pm 

pokerman wrote:
That's because when it started Vettel had 12 more wins than Hamilton and Mercedes were only months into the start of their domination, In respect to Vettel still leading I daresay hardly anyone has been able to vote these past 3 years.

Well that is kind of my point. People look back and extrapolate from recent and maybe not so recent history.

The fact that Vettel is still leading is a product of the fact that the pole got fossilized back in 2014 when Vettel still had a lead in the wins column and all the regulars took their one shot at voting. The world looks a lot different today.

I do think it humorous that the predictive error is preserved for all to see. :lol:

I will be interested in looking back at this pole when we reach the end of 2019 to see how many got it right and how many could not have gotten it more wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:39 pm 

pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
I suppose an appropriate question to ask would be; what manner of heroics can restore Vettel's reputation at this point? A season like this will be hard to bounce back from and beating Charles will more likely impact Charles's reputation than Vettel's.

Could Lewis bounce back from 2007, 2010 and 2011 i suspect Vettel can, perhaps by being given a dominant car and a #2 teammate?

The butthurt Vettel has caused is hilarious : )

2007 and 2010 seriously?

Crashed away any title chansen.

Back to Leclerc just hope Ferrari don't do a Merc and throw everything behind one driver, suspect that wont be Charles then

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 pm 

Mort Canard wrote:
pokerman wrote:
That's because when it started Vettel had 12 more wins than Hamilton and Mercedes were only months into the start of their domination, In respect to Vettel still leading I daresay hardly anyone has been able to vote these past 3 years.

Well that is kind of my point. People look back and extrapolate from recent and maybe not so recent history.

The fact that Vettel is still leading is a product of the fact that the pole got fossilized back in 2014 when Vettel still had a lead in the wins column and all the regulars took their one shot at voting. The world looks a lot different today.

I do think it humorous that the predictive error is preserved for all to see. :lol:

I will be interested in looking back at this pole when we reach the end of 2019 to see how many got it right and how many could not have gotten it more wrong.

Well even then it's only 54% to Vettel so no landslide as such, we are not going to know the answer until long after 2019.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:57 pm 

AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
I suppose an appropriate question to ask would be; what manner of heroics can restore Vettel's reputation at this point? A season like this will be hard to bounce back from and beating Charles will more likely impact Charles's reputation than Vettel's.

Could Lewis bounce back from 2007, 2010 and 2011 i suspect Vettel can, perhaps by being given a dominant car and a #2 teammate?

2007 and 2010 seriously?

Back to Leclerc just hope Ferrari don't do a Merc and throw everything behind one driver, suspect that wont be Charles then

Hamilton had fewer crashes than his other title rivals.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:27 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Well even then it's only 54% to Vettel so no landslide as such, we are not going to know the answer until long after 2019.

Currently adding up the two options with Vettel winning I get 66% and the two options with Leclerc getting the edge, adding up to 33%. (1% rounding error)

With two thirds of those voting, going for Seb, I would say it is a marked endorsement of Vettel remaining as the better driver at Team Red for the duration of 2019.

Personally I voted for Vettel by a slim margin. I am hoping that which ever way it goes, that the battle will be on at Ferrari and also for the overall championship. I don't particularly like blowouts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:48 pm 

pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

2007 and 2010 seriously?

You would still wrote 50 posts about them if it was Vettel Who did them :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:35 pm 

AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:

2007 and 2010 seriously?

You would still wrote 50 posts about them if it was Vettel Who did them :)

What would be the relevance of posting that a driver having fewer crashes than his rivals in the context of that being a negative post about him?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:40 pm 

pokerman wrote:
What would be the relevance of posting that a driver having fewer crashes than his rivals in the context of that being a negative post about him?

I checked it up, he had more..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:44 pm 

AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Please show your workings.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:48 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

2007. Kimi had 2 ret by mechanical, 0 crash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Honestly it's a mistake to engage this person. We've had trolls in here but this guy is the current standard bearer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:09 pm 

AnRs wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

2007. Kimi had 2 ret by mechanical, 0 crash

And 2010?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:39 pm 

Kimi and Lewis have nothing to do with the topic. Focus on Charles and Seb please.

Those of you making this personal should know better by now too.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Kimi and Lewis have nothing to do with the topic. Focus on Charles and Seb please.

Those of you making this personal should know better by now too.

:thumbup: :nod: