planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

This is a thread for links to Podcasts, YouTube Channels and similar online productions that publish regular (or semi regular) F1 / Motor Racing related content.

This original post will contain links to Podcasts / YouTube Channels etc, and the thread itself can be used for discussing them. If you know of a relevant show that should be listed here then please mention it in the thread or PM a mod to get it added.

To get the YouTube Channel listed in this post, the only criteria is that the series content should be mostly be F1/Motorsports related, freely available (ie, no paywall, adverts are fine) and not geolocked (ie, not restricted to one country) - any channel that is a vlog or blog should be by a notable F1 related person (ie, this is not for someone just talking to a webcam giving their opinions)

Podcasts have the same basic restrictions, but any opinion pieces, again should be by notable F1 journalists or people within the sport.

Podcasts

Beyond the Grid - Official F1 Podcast- (iTunes Link) - (ACast link)
Beyond Victory - Nico Rosberg's Official Podcast - (iTunes Link) - (ACast link)
WTF1 Podcast - (iTunes Link) - (ACast link)

YouTube Channels

Official F1 YouTube
Peter Windsor
F1 Liveries History - (Discussion Thread)
WTF1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

It seems a lot of new F1 podcasts and YouTube channels have been starting up recently (even if they aren't a new revolution) so it seemed sensible to have a thread on this forum for people to discuss them, and also as a resource for people to discover new ones.

I haven't put many up yet, but please PM me with suggestions for me to add and I will get links up.

Also, if anyone has a good idea of how to link to podcasts, that would be helpful. iTunes is useful for those in the Apple ecosystem, but there will need to be system for everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 pm 

I've listening to a few of these. Beyond the Grid is interesting, although he's a little too chummy and non confrontational in the interviews, and bizarrely for a seasoned journalist almost seems slightly star struck in the way he handles his guests.

Rosberg's interviews are interesting - he's quite self confident and talks a lot, but I don't mind that because he is obviously an F1 driver with relevant experience so it's not like a non racing pundit or presenter adding conjecture. Also, he actually manages to ask quite pointed questions from behind his laughing, amiable facade. When Bernie said he thought Trump has been great, he asked him "what have been his top two policies?" which immediately left Bernie unable to really give an answer (although Rosberg didn't push it any further)

It's not an F1 related channel, so it shouldn't be listed above, but I saw a great video about the logistics of F1 a few weeks ago and meant to post it on the forum, so I guess here's as good a place as anywhere: