planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:45 pm 

Hopefully that means no more Nico Rosberg.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14033 ... it-in-2019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:47 pm 

What's wrong with Rosberg? I think overall he does a good job, especially with his insight into the hybrid tech demands on the driver.

Button is also really good though, hopefully this means no more Herbert ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:51 pm 

Wow that's good for sky though!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
What's wrong with Rosberg? I think overall he does a good job, especially with his insight into the hybrid tech demands on the driver.

I also have enjoyed Nico's work on the broadcasts. Nico and Lewis appear to have become comfortable and even amiable with each other after the rancor of the 2016 season. A lot of folks want to see some residual hatred between the two but, Nico is most often squarely in the Merc/Lewis camp in his sentiments.

Martin Brundle,Damon Hill always have worthwhile contributions. Johnny Herbert is probably the most lackluster commentator and even he is pretty decent. Paul di Resta is a good commentator even if he had the weakest career as a driver, but he does bring the knowledge of having driven most recently.

Though not part of the Sky Sports team David Coulthard does good work as the victory lane interviewer.

Aside from losing Crofty I don't think that the broadcast team could be improved much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:25 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:

Whats wrong with Herbert. ? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:54 am 

I love Button, always have. His personality is probably the closest to Ric we can get. He jokes a lot and isn't afraid of being honest. Sky just got much better with him joining. And his relationship with the likes of Martin is good too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 pm 

Now that we have a full year of Sky's broadcast (here in the States) I must say I am very impressed with the overall presentation. All though all of us in the US miss Matchett, Hobbs, and Buxton, Sky's telecast is simply way bigger, more people and the budget is massive compared to NBC sports. Button should be another great addition, we now have Brundle, Herbert, Hill, Rossberg, and Button all contributing to the team. The only thing I would change is get Brundle off of the grid walk, Buxton did ours before, and he was running all over, just put the mic in people's faces and asked questions (which is allowed on the grid). His energy was way more that Brundle's, half the time he seems to be wondering around lost and just wastes time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:33 pm 

F that, he still has a few good years in him and he looked very good at Shanghai.

What a waste.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 pm 

ShaneM wrote:
Now that we have a full year of Sky's broadcast (here in the States) I must say I am very impressed with the overall presentation. All though all of us in the US miss Matchett, Hobbs, and Buxton, Sky's telecast is simply way bigger, more people and the budget is massive compared to NBC sports. Button should be another great addition, we now have Brundle, Herbert, Hill, Rossberg, and Button all contributing to the team. The only thing I would change is get Brundle off of the grid walk, Buxton did ours before, and he was running all over, just put the mic in people's faces and asked questions (which is allowed on the grid). His energy was way more that Brundle's, half the time he seems to be wondering around lost and just wastes time.

My only problem with Sky is that Croft is somehow even more of a fool than Diffey. If you replaced Crofty, I'd be quite happy with the broadcast. Having what felt like a half hour of my life in practice wasted by him mispronouncing Giovinazzi's name and talking about the distance to the moon is something I could do without in the future.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:05 am 

Great news, I like Jenson he was pundit for Channel 4 (I think for the British GP) and seemed to do a good job, so does this mean he's not racing in the other two racing series either in the Super GT championship and or Wec?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 am 

Exediron wrote:
ShaneM wrote:

My only problem with Sky is that Croft is somehow even more of a fool than Diffey. If you replaced Crofty, I'd be quite happy with the broadcast. Having what felt like a half hour of my life in practice wasted by him mispronouncing Giovinazzi's name and talking about the distance to the moon is something I could do without in the future.

:thumbup: :nod:

Bring back Bob Varsha. Alain de Cadenet would also be a decent choice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:45 am 

Too much to hope for that he's replacing Crofty, I'm guessing? :lol: Yeah, too much to hope for...

I'm somewhat surprised, considering how competetive he clearly still is, but I'm sure he'll do a good job and have some interesting things to say.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm 

paulsf1fix wrote:
Great news, I like Jenson he was pundit for Channel 4 (I think for the British GP) and seemed to do a good job, so does this mean he's not racing in the other two racing series either in the Super GT championship and or Wec?

He also has his wedding to plan for, and judging from his Instagram account he is extremely active, hopscotching all over theworld, so hopefully he does it all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:41 pm 

Mort Canard wrote:
Exediron wrote:
ShaneM wrote:

:thumbup: :nod:

I remember that broadcast, and ya I was saying who cares let's talk about F1 not this peripheral crap that does not matter, and they do that a lot.
Bring back Bob Varsha. Alain de Cadenet would also be a decent choice.

Alain de Cadenet would be absolutely awesome, his renasonce man program is awesome.