planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:20 pm 

My genaral predictions, let’s see how far off the mark they land.

I think Lewis will pick up his 6th title, Leclerc will be a match for Seb diluting his points haul.
Bottas will dissspoint yet again, he’ll support Lewis early on then either get frustrated and fall out or be replaced mid season by Ocon.

Merc and Ferrari will be on level terms performance wise, but Lewis with getting full support from his team unlike Seb at Ferrari.

Red bull to show their frustration at Honda, and fall behind Renault
Max won’t have a great year, and rather than mature will become more petulant and get caught in in fights with leading drivers - he might move on after the year end (future champion, but will need the right car)

Kubica won’t be the second coming, and Russel will completely outshine him - well as much as he can in what will still be a dog of a car. Claire Williams will step down from her roll at the end of the year.

McLaren, looks like a nice driver lineup - but can’t see the guys having the car they deserve.

Riciardo to become the new Hulk, the guy that everyone thought could be a future champ - but never ended up in the right car at the right time. He’ll hang around for a number of years before heading of to do some V8 racing.

Stroll to be utterly outclassed, throw his toys out of the pram, ask dad to have Perez replaced - but dad being a real businessman will actually drop his son.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 pm 

Hopefully there will be fireworks at Ferrari, similar to Alonso and Hamilton in 2007.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 pm 

Renault will continue to eat the dust of the Redbull, and that Renault will contnue to be the best of the rest, though TR won't be far behind
As for Mclaren, a bigger overhaul would be required as they will still lag behind the Renault.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:08 pm 

I expect Stroll to be outclassed but I'd stop at a generous margin from utterly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:51 pm 

1 of the things I surely see is the tension at Red Bull camp. I've got doubts Gasly & Verstappen will gel well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:36 pm 

yodasarmpit wrote:
My genaral predictions, let’s see how far off the mark they land.

I think Lewis will pick up his 6th title, Leclerc will be a match for Seb diluting his points haul.
Bottas will dissspoint yet again, he’ll support Lewis early on then either get frustrated and fall out or be replaced mid season by Ocon.

Merc and Ferrari will be on level terms performance wise, but Lewis with getting full support from his team unlike Seb at Ferrari.

Red bull to show their frustration at Honda, and fall behind Renault
Max won’t have a great year, and rather than mature will become more petulant and get caught in in fights with leading drivers - he might move on after the year end (future champion, but will need the right car)

Kubica won’t be the second coming, and Russel will completely outshine him - well as much as he can in what will still be a dog of a car. Claire Williams will step down from her roll at the end of the year.

McLaren, looks like a nice driver lineup - but can’t see the guys having the car they deserve.

Riciardo to become the new Hulk, the guy that everyone thought could be a future champ - but never ended up in the right car at the right time. He’ll hang around for a number of years before heading of to do some V8 racing.

Stroll to be utterly outclassed, throw his toys out of the pram, ask dad to have Perez replaced - but dad being a real businessman will actually drop his son.

I pretty much agree with all of this!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 am 

2019 is poised to be such an exciting season.

4 rookie drivers (Russell, Albon, Norris & Giovinazzi) & 2 drivers returning (Kubica & Kvyat).

3 teams atleast will have a nice change or a complete change in their liveries (Haas, Williams & Force India).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:54 am 

- Merc & Ferrari continue to rule the roost
- Hamilton wins #6
- Renault continue to improve & finish 3rd in the constructors championship
- Red Bull struggle with the same reliability issues with Honda that they have with Renault & they slip to 4th
- Sauber to finish 5th in the WCC standings
- Sadly Kubica retires after 1 season. Bottas announces return to Williams after Ocon signs with Merc

Now for not so certain predictions

- Liberty announces street races in Iran, Syria, Somalia & Honduras.
- Red Bull bring forward their annual threat to leave the sport to the Canadian GP after the FIA rejects the teams request to reduce the number of laps RB need to do compared to the other teams by 10% per race
- Verstappen agrees to be the face of EU campaigns aimed at reducing schoolyard bullying & promoting passive driving.
- Ferrari announce the youngest member ever to join their Ferrari YDP.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/511f4G3pcPL._SX425_.jpg
- Alonso announces he's signed a deal with the Japanese government to pilot their Mars spacecraft in an attempt to win the space race for the first manned landing to the barren planet. Alonso said " I' am very excited to be in with a chance to win the quadruple crown. I have only the Indy 500 & Mars to win so to be in with a chance to win Mars is a great experience. Lead Engineer of Japans rocket propulsion division, and former head of Honda's F1 engine program, Sotoru Gotto, commented on hearing of Alonso's appointment. " After working closely with Fernando in F1, I very much look forward to putting Fernando on the first flight our prototype spacecraft."

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)