PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:55 am 

Here it is :

Source - http://www.imgur.com

W10 on track:

Last edited by UnlikeUday on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am 

I'm assuming it's only a testing livery but that is hideous :lol:

Edit: OP now been edited, the actual livery is alright, doesn't look as good as last years

Last edited by JN23 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 am 

I'd love it if the drivers were also dressed to match!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:07 am 

Looks decent to be fair

PF1 Autosport GP 2017: 3rd Place

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:11 am 

No sign of that design that they tweeted out a few days ago, so either this is a testing livery and that design they tweeted out earlier will be included on the actual livery or it was a complete red herring.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am 

8/10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 am 

owenmahamilton wrote:
No sign of that design that they tweeted out a few days ago, so either this is a testing livery and that design they tweeted out earlier will be included on the actual livery or it was a complete red herring.

I don't think it was ever an actual livery since they tweeted photos of that design being all over the tyres too. So I think it was just to show parts of the car and build up hype, probably digitally rendered.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:07 pm 

The studio shots aren't impressive at all, but outside it looks fantastic!

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm 

7/10

A bit on the boring side.

Special dislike for the neon lamp application on the front wings.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:27 pm 

I think the livery is an improvement. Chassis looks amazing to me too. Very slim around the back and the sidepods and floor look scary.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm 

Looks like dominance..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 pm 

Mercedes seem to be generating a LOT more downforce than the other cars we've seen so far. Look how much surface area there is on their front wing compared to the Renault.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Mercedes seem to be generating a LOT more downforce than the other cars we've seen so far. Look how much surface area there is on their front wing compared to the Renault.

I doubt any of the front wings we have seen or will see at launches will be the final product that appears in testing. They're usually the most closely guarded secrets teams keep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:10 pm 

Zoue wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

I doubt any of the front wings we have seen or will see at launches will be the final product that appears in testing. They're usually the most closely guarded secrets teams keep

I don't think that it's final but they did have it on the track. This indicates that the car generates enough downforce at the rear to balance out the additional downforce they are generating on the front end with that massive wing. You're right though; this is all speculation and it's still too early to draw conclusions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLj3Ch9RavY

They already took it for a spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00nI_9g4hrk

Autosport analysis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm 

Most teams are producing a render or even the livery on last years car, meanwhile mercedes are doing laps in the 2019 car. Jeez.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 pm 

Steve_muzzy wrote:
Most teams are producing a render or even the livery on last years car, meanwhile mercedes are doing laps in the 2019 car. Jeez.....

Toro Rosso and Red Bull have both taken their new machines to the track.

PF1 Autosport GP 2017: 3rd Place

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I9rrECXnKw

Hamilton onboard shot in the new car

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 pm 

They should have made the Espon logo larger, because the colors and overall presentation are so boring and corporate that it would only look good on a printer in an office somewhere in a suitably drab big city.

Really not fond of this one. A definite step back from the 2018 livery for me.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 am 

Very safe, looks good, doesn't grab me though. A bit meh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm 

jimmyj wrote:

Let's ignore the livery for a moment. I do think that, in terms of the overall design, the car is on the safe side. I actually have a gut feeling that Ferrari will be the clear top car this year. There are rumors of radical evolution from them and Mercedes seems to be very conservative overall with their evolution of the car. Diminishing returns have absolutely set in for Merc wheres Ferrari have taken massive leaps forward both in 2017 and 2018. Their trajectory suggests that this is the year they will be head and shoulders out in front.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm 

I was expecting a more different livery from their teaser images.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:12 am 

Best of the bunch so far for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 am 

sandman1347 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:

Let's ignore the livery for a moment. I do think that, in terms of the overall design, the car is on the safe side. I actually have a gut feeling that Ferrari will be the clear top car this year. There are rumors of radical evolution from them and Mercedes seems to be very conservative overall with their evolution of the car. Diminishing returns have absolutely set in for Merc wheres Ferrari have taken massive leaps forward both in 2017 and 2018. Their trajectory suggests that this is the year they will be head and shoulders out in front.

We will soon see of course, but what exactly does, "head and shoulders out in front." mean? That their radical design will make them good at all tracks or as last year simply dominant on some tracks.

Wouldn't a car capable of consistently scoring on all circuits be just what is needed to win a championship?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:39 am 

Option or Prime wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:

We will soon see of course, but what exactly does, "head and shoulders out in front." mean? That their radical design will make them good at all tracks or as last year simply dominant on some tracks.

Wouldn't a car capable of consistently scoring on all circuits be just what is needed to win a championship?

The Ferrari was capable of consistently scoring on all circuits last year. Sure they were dominant on some tracks but, aside from that rough patch of 2-3 races where they lost their way, they were always very strong. Head and shoulders out in front means that they will be the top car by a large enough margin to remove debate. I think they had the best car on the balance in 2018 but it was very close between them and Mercedes and there were quite a few races where Mercedes were better. This year I suspect it won't be as close.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:55 am 

sandman1347 wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:

The Ferrari was capable of consistently scoring on all circuits last year. Sure they were dominant on some tracks but, aside from that rough patch of 2-3 races where they lost their way, they were always very strong. Head and shoulders out in front means that they will be the top car by a large enough margin to remove debate. I think they had the best car on the balance in 2018 but it was very close between them and Mercedes and there were quite a few races where Mercedes were better. This year I suspect it won't be as close.

So its a runaway win for Ferrari this year then, Leclerc will be over the moon!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:29 am 

Option or Prime wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:

Not necessarily. Sometimes having two drivers fighting each other can hurt you severely. Even if they have the clear car advantage, that could be a big difference maker.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 am 

sandman1347 wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

Not necessarily. Sometimes having two drivers fighting each other can hurt you severely. Even if they have the clear car advantage, that could be a big difference maker.

Yes history teaches us this even if Ferrari do make another step forward although I'd rather that's not the case, picking up the scraps is not the best way to compete.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 26th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:21 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:

Yeah I'm surprised by some of the negative responses, this is perhaps the first Mercedes livery that I actually like, it's one of the better ones this season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 pm 

pokerman wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:

Yeah I'm surprised by some of the negative responses, this is perhaps the first Mercedes livery that I actually like, it's one of the better ones this season.

Surprised that people have different tastes?

Why would it surprise you, there's someone that actually likes the Racing Point one!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:43 pm 

pokerman wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

Yes history teaches us this even if Ferrari do make another step forward although I'd rather that's not the case, picking up the scraps is not the best way to compete.

Having now seen the Ferrari; it doesn't look nearly as radical as I was anticipating. We'll see what teams show up with for testing but my read on things might have been completely wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:06 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:

Why would it surprise you, there's someone that actually likes the Racing Point one!!!!

Surprised that most seem not to like it which is also different to what I've been reading elsewhere.

Apart from that it's just a livery and why should it be any kind of issue?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:15 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:

Surprised that most seem not to like it which is also different to what I've been reading elsewhere.

Apart from that it's just a livery and why should it be any kind of issue?

I don't think it is an "issue", you either like it or not really.