planetf1.com

It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 10:48 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 781
Hello, I have been enjoying watching some live coverage of F1 winter testing today (Wednesday 20th February) and I have watched Sky F1 testing review.

Any way like him or hate him where is Ted Kravitz? I hope he's back at some point I like his notebooks and input.

If anyone knows please let me/ us know. Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 30710
I think last year he showed up for the second week of testing, as an analyst he can make a better judgement of what the pecking order looks like, presently there's more speculation.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 34th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am
Posts: 2685
Taking over temporarily, whilst Wally takes a couple of weeks off?

_________________
Where I'm going, I don't need roads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:49 pm
Posts: 19
Dunno where Ted is, but the last two days of testing without Crofty were wonderful. Shame it can’t last.

_________________
Watching from the cheap seats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7713
Rumoured that he isn't with Sky anymore since they put out an article mentioning all their reporters by name with no mention of Ted.

According to a source banned on here (so take with an appropriate dose of salt), the new boss of Sky F1 hasn't renewed his contract and Chandhok has been brought in to replace him.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... clusive-f1

Quote:
Sky Sports F1 coverage will reflect the changes and excitement with some new and returning faces joining the lineup. 2009 world champion Jenson Button joins the team, adding to Sky Sports' roster of world champions alongside Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg.

Martin Brundle's expert analysis and famed grid walks will be a key feature in the coverage, as well as in commentary with David Croft. Karun Chandhok who worked on Sky Sports F1 in the past returns to the fold, ready to give his insight as a former driver with years of experience in the sport together with Johnny Herbert and Paul Di Resta.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1718
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Rumoured that he isn't with Sky anymore since they put out an article mentioning all their reporters by name with no mention of Ted.

According to a source banned on here (so take with an appropriate dose of salt), the new boss of Sky F1 hasn't renewed his contract and Chandhok has been brought in to replace him.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... clusive-f1

Quote:
Sky Sports F1 coverage will reflect the changes and excitement with some new and returning faces joining the lineup. 2009 world champion Jenson Button joins the team, adding to Sky Sports' roster of world champions alongside Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg.

Martin Brundle's expert analysis and famed grid walks will be a key feature in the coverage, as well as in commentary with David Croft. Karun Chandhok who worked on Sky Sports F1 in the past returns to the fold, ready to give his insight as a former driver with years of experience in the sport together with Johnny Herbert and Paul Di Resta.


That'll be sad if that's true. Ted's notebook's a top shelf segment if you ask me.

Still, Croft & Herbert aside, it'll still be a good team with Chandhok & Button joining Brundle, Hill, Lazenby & Pink........ ah....um hang on, somethings not right here.

Where's Natalie's name? Natalie? Nat? My little Miss Pinky? No, no say it aint so. Just say it aint so. Nat's coming back right? Tell me she's coming back. Oh my God. Oh my dear God.

NATALIE!!!

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Spain- 19) - 123 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 315 trophies available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 388
Jezza13 wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Rumoured that he isn't with Sky anymore since they put out an article mentioning all their reporters by name with no mention of Ted.

According to a source banned on here (so take with an appropriate dose of salt), the new boss of Sky F1 hasn't renewed his contract and Chandhok has been brought in to replace him.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... clusive-f1

Quote:
Sky Sports F1 coverage will reflect the changes and excitement with some new and returning faces joining the lineup. 2009 world champion Jenson Button joins the team, adding to Sky Sports' roster of world champions alongside Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg.

Martin Brundle's expert analysis and famed grid walks will be a key feature in the coverage, as well as in commentary with David Croft. Karun Chandhok who worked on Sky Sports F1 in the past returns to the fold, ready to give his insight as a former driver with years of experience in the sport together with Johnny Herbert and Paul Di Resta.


That'll be sad if that's true. Ted's notebook's a top shelf segment if you ask me.

Still, Croft & Herbert aside, it'll still be a good team with Chandhok & Button joining Brundle, Hill, Lazenby & Pink........ ah....um hang on, somethings not right here.

Where's Natalie's name? Natalie? Nat? My little Miss Pinky? No, no say it aint so. Just say it aint so. Nat's coming back right? Tell me she's coming back. Oh my God. Oh my dear God.

NATALIE!!!


:lol: :lol: :lol: , i just hope it ain't true about ted i really liked his notebooks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7713
Jezza13 wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Rumoured that he isn't with Sky anymore since they put out an article mentioning all their reporters by name with no mention of Ted.

According to a source banned on here (so take with an appropriate dose of salt), the new boss of Sky F1 hasn't renewed his contract and Chandhok has been brought in to replace him.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... clusive-f1

Quote:
Sky Sports F1 coverage will reflect the changes and excitement with some new and returning faces joining the lineup. 2009 world champion Jenson Button joins the team, adding to Sky Sports' roster of world champions alongside Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg.

Martin Brundle's expert analysis and famed grid walks will be a key feature in the coverage, as well as in commentary with David Croft. Karun Chandhok who worked on Sky Sports F1 in the past returns to the fold, ready to give his insight as a former driver with years of experience in the sport together with Johnny Herbert and Paul Di Resta.


That'll be sad if that's true. Ted's notebook's a top shelf segment if you ask me.

Still, Croft & Herbert aside, it'll still be a good team with Chandhok & Button joining Brundle, Hill, Lazenby & Pink........ ah....um hang on, somethings not right here.

Where's Natalie's name? Natalie? Nat? My little Miss Pinky? No, no say it aint so. Just say it aint so. Nat's coming back right? Tell me she's coming back. Oh my God. Oh my dear God.

NATALIE!!!

Actually come to think of it that might offer a bit of hope. Natalie was doing the testing shows last week, so she is definitely still there and not mentioned in that article.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 781
Thank you for your answers, that's quite sad if sky have not renewed his contract. I too enjoy his notebooks on the show and like him or hate him he will be missed. Maybe C4 could pick him up?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 470
Location: USA
theres too much driver presence. I have been watching the coverage in London and USA to be honest Ted was great really enjoyed his commentary. I had the chance to watch F1TV for the 4 days and Chandhok was terrible. Not as good as others and now the booth is crowded with former race winners...not very strong to let Ted go and bring on Chandhok...bad move.

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3173
What a huge mistake by Sky if the rumours are true, theres not many good things about Skys coverage but Ted was one of them. Listening to Hill and Herbert banging on about the same rubbish and Crofty in the commentary is painful. I only watch sky because I have no choice, was always C4 when I had the chance.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3173
Theres a petition for Ted, get on it :thumbup:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 1654
F1_Ernie wrote:
What a huge mistake by Sky if the rumours are true, theres not many good things about Skys coverage but Ted was one of them. Listening to Hill and Herbert banging on about the same rubbish and Crofty in the commentary is painful. I only watch sky because I have no choice, was always C4 when I had the chance.

I find Kravitz very irritating a lot of the time. I've watched back and i actually liked him when he was on the BBC. Crofty has infected him with his stupid off topic comments and other annoying things too. Even without Crofty, he used to be way better on the BBC.

I struggle to watch his pit lane stuff. He is very knowledgeable but from many I've watched, it looks like the people around him find him annoying and nosey and wish he wasn't there. This will be the same with most media I guess, but he somehow looks like he gets in the way more. And just find it hard to watch because I can tell a lot of the time, people around him are wondering what on earth he is doing when he is demonstrating something. As if it is loud, only us can hear him describe what he was doing. There was one time where he was trying to show how F1 drivers sit in a car. But without anything near him. The position he was in made it just embarrassing to watch and i don't know how he can't be himself. He gets stared at often enough by others. I may have only watched a few race weekends of this, but they were painful enough that I would be just as pleased if he wasn't on the coverage as if Crofty wasn't.

So many people on sky have got worse since they have been with people I really dislike. Brundle was far better when he was with DC on Channel 4. Has Crofty infected him too? About the only people I like on Sky are Anthony Davidson and I now think Di Resta is pretty good. But I somehow think that he thinks Crofty is irritating. He always goes quiet when crofty makes a stupid comment and I can almost feel him wondering why he says such things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 6135
Unpopular opinion: Never liked Ted much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1718
Location: Far side of Koozebane
F1_Ernie wrote:
Theres a petition for Ted, get on it :thumbup:


Action taken.

C’mon people. Be the change you want to see.

https://www.change.org/p/sky-sports-f1-keep-ted-kravitz-in-f1

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Spain- 19) - 123 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 315 trophies available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1393
Location: London
F1_Ernie wrote:
Theres a petition for Ted, get on it :thumbup:


Need one "get rid of Crofty" now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3209
I like Ted, and would definitely miss him if he's gone from Sky's coverage, but I can also see why he might rub people the wrong way.

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x8
2019: 11th | 2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6834
Location: Michigan, USA
Lojik wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
Theres a petition for Ted, get on it :thumbup:

Need one "get rid of Crofty" now

I would sign that so fast my hands would catch fire.

Listening to Will Buxton commentating over testing just reminded me of how much better he is than Crofty. :uhoh:

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 15 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 30710
Ted was a maverick and added something extra to the show, ex drivers tend to be one of the same, bring back Ted. :x

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 34th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1755
Location: Canada
I like Ted and his notebook. If he is gone they better have someone better in his place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3173
Lojik wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
Theres a petition for Ted, get on it :thumbup:


Need one "get rid of Crofty" now


Yes please, I would get every one I know to sign that.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3173
Sky F1 has alot of ex drivers now. Hill and Herbert are not good pundits, they are like the Michael Owen of F1 and just state the obvious. Rosberg is cringey and just states the obvious alot of the time. My favourites are actually Di Resta and Davidson, they know alot about these cars, really describe the technical side well for people like me who don't understand much, I enjoy listening to them. Crofty is Crofty and someone start the petition :lol: Brundle is good and I'm sure Button will be a good addition. I also like Chandhok when he was on CH4 aswell as Webber and DC, both pundits who pretty much say it how it is.

I did like the sky f1 advert at the weekend, very good :thumbup:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 798
That would be a shame as he's one of my favourites.

Diresta I can put up with, but I'd ditch Herbert who offers nothing.

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3209
Yellowbin74 wrote:
That would be a shame as he's one of my favourites.

Diresta I can put up with, but I'd ditch Herbert who offers nothing.


Definitely agree re: Herbert. Literally the only time I've enjoyed his presence on Sky's F1 coverage was Fernando Alonso's drive-by assassination of him live on air after Herbert said he should retire :lol:

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x8
2019: 11th | 2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 798
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Yellowbin74 wrote:
That would be a shame as he's one of my favourites.

Diresta I can put up with, but I'd ditch Herbert who offers nothing.


Definitely agree re: Herbert. Literally the only time I've enjoyed his presence on Sky's F1 coverage was Fernando Alonso's drive-by assassination of him live on air after Herbert said he should retire :lol:


Yes I remember that. :lol:

Hill I really like, Rosberg and Button I think I can learn to tolerate, but Herbert... ugh..

Chandhok I think will be a handy addition too.

I'd miss Ted and his flip flops if true - his notebook could often uncover truths not known during a race.

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7713
Yellowbin74 wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Yellowbin74 wrote:
That would be a shame as he's one of my favourites.

Diresta I can put up with, but I'd ditch Herbert who offers nothing.


Definitely agree re: Herbert. Literally the only time I've enjoyed his presence on Sky's F1 coverage was Fernando Alonso's drive-by assassination of him live on air after Herbert said he should retire :lol:


Yes I remember that. :lol:

Hill I really like, Rosberg and Button I think I can learn to tolerate, but Herbert... ugh..

Chandhok I think will be a handy addition too.

I'd miss Ted and his flip flops if true - his notebook could often uncover truths not known during a race.

Problem with Rosberg, Button and Hill is they all fill more or less the same role: F1 champion, quite polite and not very blunt. They're all pretty good but I'd drop one and take Webber instead for some more on the nose commentary personally.

Herbert I agree with though he seems like a nice person but I don't quite get the appeal from a pundit standpoint.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 470
Location: USA
#freeted

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 470
Location: USA
Ted is BAAACK !!!!!!

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7713
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Ted is BAAACK !!!!!!

Yup mentioned by name in the recent Sky article and has retweeted it on Twitter.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12430 ... ula-1-2019

Hopefully it was all a load of rumour without substance and they've all been laughing at everyone losing their heads for the last few days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 798
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Yellowbin74 wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Yellowbin74 wrote:
That would be a shame as he's one of my favourites.

Diresta I can put up with, but I'd ditch Herbert who offers nothing.


Definitely agree re: Herbert. Literally the only time I've enjoyed his presence on Sky's F1 coverage was Fernando Alonso's drive-by assassination of him live on air after Herbert said he should retire :lol:


Yes I remember that. :lol:

Hill I really like, Rosberg and Button I think I can learn to tolerate, but Herbert... ugh..

Chandhok I think will be a handy addition too.

I'd miss Ted and his flip flops if true - his notebook could often uncover truths not known during a race.

Problem with Rosberg, Button and Hill is they all fill more or less the same role: F1 champion, quite polite and not very blunt. They're all pretty good but I'd drop one and take Webber instead for some more on the nose commentary personally.

Herbert I agree with though he seems like a nice person but I don't quite get the appeal from a pundit standpoint.


Webber would be awesome - I'd drop both Button and Rosberg for him.

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 30710
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Ted is BAAACK !!!!!!

Yup mentioned by name in the recent Sky article and has retweeted it on Twitter.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12430 ... ula-1-2019

Hopefully it was all a load of rumour without substance and they've all been laughing at everyone losing their heads for the last few days.

Good :thumbup:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 34th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 757
Location: Stratford
Anyone know what's going on with Ted?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 1654
JN23 wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Ted?

I'm not sure, but I don't miss him at all. Chandhok is doing a lot of what he did and I much prefer him. I don't deny Kravitz was very knowledgable, but he was incredibly annoying. H's been infected by crofty and was far better before he came to sky. I have recently watched some videos from nearly 15 years ago with him talking about F1 and he speaks in a more more sensible way. Even when he was on the BBC just before moving to sky, he was far better than recent years. He tries to be funny but badly fails. But this is just my opinion. I can understand if people want him there purely because of his knowledge, but I can see Chandhok filling in for him quite easily.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1718
Location: Far side of Koozebane
JN23 wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Ted?


He's back for 13 race starting in China.

It's only been 2 races but I can't warm to Chandhok. I prefer Kravitz's approach to pit lane reporting. It's not that I feel Chandhok's doing a bad job, in fact I think he's doing well, I just Kravitz's approach to the gig.

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Spain- 19) - 123 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 315 trophies available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 757
Location: Stratford
Jezza13 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Ted?


He's back for 13 race starting in China.

It's only been 2 races but I can't warm to Chandhok. I prefer Kravitz's approach to pit lane reporting. It's not that I feel Chandhok's doing a bad job, in fact I think he's doing well, I just Kravitz's approach to the gig.


Thanks :thumbup: agree with you as well - I think Chandhok has a role to play on Sky's team and he's very good IMO, just think Ted suits the pit lane gig more


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 pm
Posts: 221
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Ted?

I'm not sure, but I don't miss him at all. Chandhok is doing a lot of what he did and I much prefer him.


While I'm no super Ted fan, I often muted his semi-coherent ramblings, but what he did do was dig up info about the teams day for his notebook segment. So far that treasure trove of info seems to be missing from the Sky broadcasts so far this season. And I really think the Sky package is much worse off because of it. It let you keep in touch with all the teams in a nice convenient format.

Also, both me and my gf find Chandhok's voice grating. Not his fault, I know, but I just can't help it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 388
I miss his notebooks. they were informative.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 30710
lucifers wrote:
I miss his notebooks. they were informative.

I guess a new boss has always got to change something to make it look like he's doing something? :thumbdown:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 34th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am
Posts: 1133
He's part of the W Series commentary team apparently: https://wseries.com/w-hub/getting-to-kn ... ottingham/

_________________
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where's Ted Kravitz
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 30710
Good to see he's back along with the notebook.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 34th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: F1 Racer, Mod Aqua, wolfticket and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group