planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 am 

Both Max and Robert spun on the warm-up lap, Max didn't drop to the back so was able to move back up to 5th place, but Robert did drop to the back of the 19 cars that were taking the warm-up lap but then he lined up 18th on the grid rather than staying behind Giovinazzi.

My understanding that cars such as Albon starting from the pit lane don't count towards this 'falling to the back' idea, and certainly the Sky commentators didn't mention that Max would still be fine to get back to 5th even if he had dropped back to 19th in the warm-up lap queue, thanks to Albon in the pits.

Therefore I was expecting a penalty for Kubica but I don't recall seeing it being mentioned so I was wondering if he did indeed get a penalty for this or not? If he didn't then maybe it's because he is suffering enough already due to his severe lack of pace, so no need to add insult to injury, but rules are rules aren't they?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:48 pm 

I'm guessing he didn't get a penalty then?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:44 pm 

I share your understanding and was surprised not to hear anything more about it. The rule may have changed but I haven't heard about it if it has.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:54 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
I share your understanding and was surprised not to hear anything more about it. The rule may have changed but I haven't heard about it if it has.

Brundle specifically mentioned it in commentary, so I don't think it's been removed.

It's more likely that it didn't get noticed, or that because he could access his grid space without repassing it meant he followed the pack back to the grid and then slotted into position 18 as it was directly accessible as there was no one in position 20.

I'm leaning towards it not being noticed. It's such a rare thing to happen and he was right at the back it probably got missed.