Magnussen: 6
Stroll: 6

Kubica: 5.7
Kvyat: 5.7
Vettel: 5.7
Gasly: 5.3
Giovanazzi: 5.3
Grosjean: 5.3

Seems a fair assessment? Albon doing as well Bottas? Vettel on a par with Kubica? The Hulk edging the Honey Badger?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:04 am 

On the basis of just three races, I think Max, Lewis and Kimi have been the best thus far. I know we've seen how Kimi measures up vs Vettel and that Gio probably is quite weak right now, but I can't help but be impressed by how he's handled himself in the midfield. I think he's free, happy and performing at a high level, albeit thus far just for a three-race stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:40 am 

Lewis
Max

Kimi
Hulk

Bottas
Leclerc

Albon
Perez
Norris
Seb
Daniel

Gasly
Grosjean
KMag
Stroll
Kyvat

Giovanazzi

I cannot group the below drivers because car is too slow or too many problems in the race:
Russell
Kubica
sainz

These are just groupings, there is no order within a group.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 am 

Too few races and so many reliability, strategy or other issues for many drivers/teams - so some individual good/bad performances - but we need more races to tell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm 

F1Oz wrote:
Too few races and so many reliability, strategy or other issues for many drivers/teams - so some individual good/bad performances - but we need more races to tell

Is that not why we run a full season each year??? Ya know, to sort them out and tell who's better?? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 am 

Far too soon IMO. Verstappen would have been pretty much last the previous year if we based it on even a few more races than this. But he turned it around. This just doesn't show anything and i don't really see much point in starting until past half way in the season. I don't know where the stats are made up? all these decimal points? how are the williams drivers numbers decided? Grosjean just hasn't had enough running time so him being last looks very unfair. He has looked about matched to Magnussen overall if we judge what is fair. Sainz has also hardly has a representative race.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:44 am 

Looks about right to me.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm 

I think some of you are missing the idea.

This is rating of the drivers over the season SO FAR.

Not an indication of their previous achievements, their overall potential or likely season-end standings.

Just that of the 3 races to date who is doing a good job and who isn't...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:52 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
I think some of you are missing the idea.

This is rating of the drivers over the season SO FAR.

Not an indication of their previous achievements, their overall potential or likely season-end standings.

Just that of the 3 races to date who is doing a good job and who isn't...

But does this mean Grosjean isn't doing a good job? Given he's got the lowest rating? He's certainly been decent so far so i don't think these stats reflect on that at all. He has beaten his team mate quite comfortably last race. Qualified ahead 2 times and looked about matched pace wise in Australia until he retired. Was a bit of a mess in qualifying in Bahrain and Magnussen may have been very good then, but we didn't get to see Grosjean because he retired again. This is why i think it just isn't fair to rate drivers that have had so much bad luck in just 3 races. Fair enough rating the other drivers i guess though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 pm 

Not too much there to disagree with. I would put Verstappen at the top though, he has been excellent. I really think that the Red Bull is currently closer to the midfield than it is to the front two teams and that he is making the difference.

It's rather harsh on Vettel if you ask me. Bahrain was a disaster but he's done just fine in the other two races and is currently winning the qualifying battle against Leclerc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm 

j man wrote:
Not too much there to disagree with. I would put Verstappen at the top though, he has been excellent. I really think that the Red Bull is currently closer to the midfield than it is to the front two teams and that he is making the difference.

It's rather harsh on Vettel if you ask me. Bahrain was a disaster but he's done just fine in the other two races and is currently winning the qualifying battle against Leclerc.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 pm 

It seems to me more of a rating based on who is exceeding expectations rather than who is doing best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
It seems to me more of a rating based on who is exceeding expectations rather than who is doing best.

I'd agree with that.