planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15517
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Zoue [ Tue May 07, 2019 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Well Covalent would be a fan of Vettel.

And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

Did he agree? I thought he just posted a link backing up what another poster had said?

A post that said that Ferrari should have retained Kimi, the link backing up what the poster said.

that doesn't necessarily mean he agrees. And regardless, that link was from a recent interview which just happened to coincide almost word for word with what the other poster was saying. What is so controversial about posting it? :?

Author:  Altair [ Tue May 07, 2019 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes- ... lves-down/

Quote:
Home  News  ‘Mercedes are not talking ourselves down’

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

‘Mercedes are not talking ourselves down’

Date published: May 7 2019

Toto Wolff insists Mercedes are not trying to downplay their form in their battle with Ferrari, adamant they still have a lot of room for improvement.

Although Ferrari arrived at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix looking to be the team to beat, the Scuderia have yet to claim a single race win.

Instead it has been Mercedes who have dominated.

The Brackley squad has claimed four successive 1-2 results, with Valtteri Bottas leading Lewis Hamilton by a single point in the standings.

The duo are comfortable 30 ahead of third placed Sebastian Vettel.

It has led to claims that Mercedes have been sandbagging and downplaying their form.

Wolff insists that is not the case.

“I’m sitting here [in Azerbaijan] and looking like appearing to be — what can I say? We are not talking ourselves down,” he told Motorsport Week.

“It is that we see a strong Ferrari on Friday and on Saturday, and I still believe that Charles was probably the fastest man on track [in Azerbaijan], but like in Bahrain, it didn’t come together.

“You can say now, ‘Yeah, stop saying these things – it’s the fourth one-two in a row’, but it is still very much our mindset.

“We still believe that there are so many things we need to understand better and improve.”

The Mercedes motorsport boss added that while Mercedes don’t have fastest car on the grid in their W10, it is their lack of mistakes out on track that have given them the advantage.



I have been warned that I must take Toto at face value.

So... Okay then.

Author:  Todd [ Tue May 07, 2019 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

It probably doesn't hurt Mercedes' chances that they show up every weekend assuming they're going to have to work hard to be competitive. It seems to be working better than Cyril Abiteboul pronouncing last year that Renault is the biggest car company in the world and they have the resources to succeed or Ferrari thinking they can hold back Leclerc because they expect to make Sebastian Vettel compete for the championship.

Author:  pokerman [ Tue May 07, 2019 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

Did he agree? I thought he just posted a link backing up what another poster had said?

A post that said that Ferrari should have retained Kimi, the link backing up what the poster said.

that doesn't necessarily mean he agrees. And regardless, that link was from a recent interview which just happened to coincide almost word for word with what the other poster was saying. What is so controversial about posting it? :?

I wasn't the one that questioned bringing forward an article from Villenueve.

Author:  Zoue [ Tue May 07, 2019 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

Did he agree? I thought he just posted a link backing up what another poster had said?

A post that said that Ferrari should have retained Kimi, the link backing up what the poster said.

that doesn't necessarily mean he agrees. And regardless, that link was from a recent interview which just happened to coincide almost word for word with what the other poster was saying. What is so controversial about posting it? :?

I wasn't the one that questioned bringing forward an article from Villenueve.
But you were the one trying to make out that Covalent being a Vettel fan was somehow relevant to him posting the article. I don't see the connection, nor why it should make any difference.

I don't think it's always necessary to second-guess people's motivations for posting things and it might be better to focus on what was posted instead, particularly when the motivation doesn't really change the message in the first place

Author:  WHoff78 [ Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

There are clearly very tight margins at the top and Mercedes clearly have the right attitude and approach to make sure they keep developing the car and extract everything come race weekend. We are 4 races into new regulations so there is still a long way to go in the season, not to mention 2020. Ferrari are in the same position so waiting to bring leclerc in doesn't make much sense either. They are unlikely to develop a large advantage so they're better to take the short term pain sooner rather than later if leclerc can bring them extra pace. They just have to accept that may make mistakes as he beds in.

Author:  Covalent [ Wed May 08, 2019 6:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:


You are reading.... Villeneuve???

Well Covalent would be a fan of Vettel.

And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.

Author:  Covalent [ Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Did he agree? I thought he just posted a link backing up what another poster had said?

A post that said that Ferrari should have retained Kimi, the link backing up what the poster said.

that doesn't necessarily mean he agrees. And regardless, that link was from a recent interview which just happened to coincide almost word for word with what the other poster was saying. What is so controversial about posting it? :?

I wasn't the one that questioned bringing forward an article from Villenueve.
But you were the one trying to make out that Covalent being a Vettel fan was somehow relevant to him posting the article. I don't see the connection, nor why it should make any difference.

I don't think it's always necessary to second-guess people's motivations for posting things and it might be better to focus on what was posted instead, particularly when the motivation doesn't really change the message in the first place

:thumbup:

Author:  Siao7 [ Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Todd wrote:
It probably doesn't hurt Mercedes' chances that they show up every weekend assuming they're going to have to work hard to be competitive. It seems to be working better than Cyril Abiteboul pronouncing last year that Renault is the biggest car company in the world and they have the resources to succeed or Ferrari thinking they can hold back Leclerc because they expect to make Sebastian Vettel compete for the championship.


That's the bible in F1, not something new. The moment you become complacent and stop trying, you're dead meat. They are all striving every race. It does happen that when they have a monstrous car they can relax a bit in the end, but especially at this point in the year it is a given that you take each race as if you are fighting for your life.

Author:  Siao7 [ Wed May 08, 2019 9:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:

You are reading.... Villeneuve???

Well Covalent would be a fan of Vettel.

And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.


I agree too. I think my sarcasm was lost with Poker in this post.

Author:  pokerman [ Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Did he agree? I thought he just posted a link backing up what another poster had said?

A post that said that Ferrari should have retained Kimi, the link backing up what the poster said.

that doesn't necessarily mean he agrees. And regardless, that link was from a recent interview which just happened to coincide almost word for word with what the other poster was saying. What is so controversial about posting it? :?

I wasn't the one that questioned bringing forward an article from Villenueve.
But you were the one trying to make out that Covalent being a Vettel fan was somehow relevant to him posting the article. I don't see the connection, nor why it should make any difference.

I don't think it's always necessary to second-guess people's motivations for posting things and it might be better to focus on what was posted instead, particularly when the motivation doesn't really change the message in the first place

Bringing forward an article that agrees with what a poster has said is not backing up that post, ok.

Author:  pokerman [ Wed May 08, 2019 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
You are reading.... Villeneuve???

Well Covalent would be a fan of Vettel.

And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.

Ok it's just a bit confusing bringing forward an article you don't agree with.

Author:  pokerman [ Wed May 08, 2019 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Well Covalent would be a fan of Vettel.

And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.


I agree too. I think my sarcasm was lost with Poker in this post.

I understood the sarcasm in respect to Villenueve being someone you would largely ignore.

Author:  Zoue [ Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
A post that said that Ferrari should have retained Kimi, the link backing up what the poster said.

that doesn't necessarily mean he agrees. And regardless, that link was from a recent interview which just happened to coincide almost word for word with what the other poster was saying. What is so controversial about posting it? :?

I wasn't the one that questioned bringing forward an article from Villenueve.
But you were the one trying to make out that Covalent being a Vettel fan was somehow relevant to him posting the article. I don't see the connection, nor why it should make any difference.

I don't think it's always necessary to second-guess people's motivations for posting things and it might be better to focus on what was posted instead, particularly when the motivation doesn't really change the message in the first place

Bringing forward an article that agrees with what a poster has said is not backing up that post, ok.
not what was said

Author:  Siao7 [ Thu May 09, 2019 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
And? I'm not following!

A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.


I agree too. I think my sarcasm was lost with Poker in this post.

I understood the sarcasm in respect to Villenueve being someone you would largely ignore.

But you still missed the whole point and ended up discussing this in the last 10 posts??? The point being what Zoue said above about second guessing people.

Author:  pokerman [ Thu May 09, 2019 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
A Vettel fan agreeing with Villenueve that Ferrari should have kept Kimi because it was a better working environment for Vettel?

FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.


I agree too. I think my sarcasm was lost with Poker in this post.

I understood the sarcasm in respect to Villenueve being someone you would largely ignore.

But you still missed the whole point and ended up discussing this in the last 10 posts??? The point being what Zoue said above about second guessing people.

Why bring forward an article that backs up what someone posted when you don't even agree with the article and we're supposed to know that?

Author:  Zoue [ Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
FWIW I actually don't agree with him. IMO it was absolutely the correct time to bring Leclerc in.

And yes I often stumble across Villeneuve's thoughts and usually don't opt to ignore it just because it's Villeneuve. Sometimes he can make a good point and if not then there's always the comedy value.


I agree too. I think my sarcasm was lost with Poker in this post.

I understood the sarcasm in respect to Villenueve being someone you would largely ignore.

But you still missed the whole point and ended up discussing this in the last 10 posts??? The point being what Zoue said above about second guessing people.

Why bring forward an article that backs up what someone posted when you don't even agree with the article and we're supposed to know that?

It doesn't matter whether we know that or not. The article is relevant because it echoes what the previous poster had said. There's no rule that says posting a link means you endorse what's in the link and frankly the poster's own feelings on the matter aren't strictly relevant as they are simply quoting someone else.

You are trying to make out that Covalent being a Vettel fan is central to the point being made, whereas it's actually irrelevant

Author:  Siao7 [ Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
I agree too. I think my sarcasm was lost with Poker in this post.

I understood the sarcasm in respect to Villenueve being someone you would largely ignore.

But you still missed the whole point and ended up discussing this in the last 10 posts??? The point being what Zoue said above about second guessing people.

Why bring forward an article that backs up what someone posted when you don't even agree with the article and we're supposed to know that?

It doesn't matter whether we know that or not. The article is relevant because it echoes what the previous poster had said. There's no rule that says posting a link means you endorse what's in the link and frankly the poster's own feelings on the matter aren't strictly relevant as they are simply quoting someone else.

You are trying to make out that Covalent being a Vettel fan is central to the point being made, whereas it's actually irrelevant

Oh man, talk about a mountain out of a molehill...

Author:  Covalent [ Thu May 09, 2019 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

We ready to move on? Or should we focus on my person and how I´m such a huge Vettel loving Villeneuve endorser?

Author:  P-F1 Mod [ Fri May 10, 2019 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Come on guys. Covalent's views about Vettel and Villeneuve really aren't relevant. Get it back on topic or it gets locked.

Author:  Mercedes-Benz [ Sat May 11, 2019 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

0.8 secs is pretty shocking gap. Ferrari are looking worse than previous years. Monaco they will do well to even get podium? Canada could suit Ferrari.

Author:  Altair [ Sat May 11, 2019 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Mercedes-Benz wrote:
0.8 secs is pretty shocking gap. Ferrari are looking worse than previous years. Monaco they will do well to even get podium? Canada could suit Ferrari.

Constructors Champship will be wrapped up by then.

Author:  Zoue [ Sat May 11, 2019 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Mercedes-Benz wrote:
0.8 secs is pretty shocking gap. Ferrari are looking worse than previous years. Monaco they will do well to even get podium? Canada could suit Ferrari.

You're not too far off there. Vettel only improved on last year's time by less than a tenth. Contrast with Bottas who improved by 8 tenths. Mind you, Hamilton only improved by just over a tenth but I'm going on what the car is capable of. Max improved by half a second, so it does look like Ferrari are being out-developed at the moment among the top teams.

Author:  Johnson [ Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

The biggest question now, is what happened to Mercedes in Bahrain

Author:  pokerman [ Tue May 14, 2019 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Johnson wrote:
The biggest question now, is what happened to Mercedes in Bahrain

Wasn't that put down to it being a rear limited track?

China and Barcelona are front limited, the Ferrari in particular suffers with under steer because of the design of its front wing.

Author:  Teddy007 [ Tue May 14, 2019 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Good luck in answering this question.

Even if Ferrari managed to get an advantage in that car.. there is absolutely no guarantee that the drivers will deliver.

Ferrari have had several chances to bring more wins and solid points to take two titles but their mistakes, under performing Kimi and even driver errors really shot their chances away.

If by advantage you mean blowing the field away every single GP to make almost an easy 1-2... well... no idea on that one...

Author:  Altair [ Tue May 14, 2019 1:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: When will Ferrari ACTUALLY have the advantage?

Teddy007 wrote:
Good luck in answering this question.

Even if Ferrari managed to get an advantage in that car.. there is absolutely no guarantee that the drivers will deliver.

Ferrari have had several chances to bring more wins and solid points to take two titles but their mistakes, under performing Kimi and even driver errors really shot their chances away.

If by advantage you mean blowing the field away every single GP to make almost an easy 1-2... well... no idea on that one...

2039. Maybe.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/