planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:01 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

Driver(s) of the day for me is/are:
1. Lewis Hamilton 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2. Valtteri Bottas 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. Sebastian Vettel 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
4. Charles Leclerc 21%  21%  [ 32 ]
5. Pierre Gasly 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6. Max Verstappen 34%  34%  [ 52 ]
7. Sergio Perez 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8. Lance Stroll 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
9. Robert Kubica 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10. George Russell 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
11. Carlos Sainz 14%  14%  [ 21 ]
12. Lando Norris 19%  19%  [ 29 ]
13. Alexander Albon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
14. Daniil Kvyat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
15. Romain Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
16. Kevin Magnussen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
17. Nico Hulkenberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
18. Daniel Ricciardo 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
19. Kimi Raikkonen 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
20. Antonio Giovinazzi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 155
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7988
Location: Mumbai, India
For me,

Verstappen, Norris & Sainz

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2634
Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 10280
Location: Ireland
UnlikeUday wrote:
For me,

Verstappen, Norris & Sainz

Agreed. Sainz's comeback was remarkable, only overshadowed by Max's comeback

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 2189
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Leclerc, Verstappen & Norris.

While I think his pass on Leclerc was wrong & deserves a penalty, that was a mega driver from Verstappen. The kind of drive you see from the greats of the sport.

Leclerc deserved the win today. Almost faultless weekend. Another very impressive drive from Norris too.

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Japan- 19) - 135 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 351 trophies available, 24 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 3274
Location: UK
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 563
I've gone Verstappen, Sainz and Norris. Leclerc doesn't quite make it because I feel like he should have done more with the clear air he had and the opportunity that presented itself.

Honourable mentions for the Alfa Romeo drivers Kimi (still Ferrari's most recent race winner as it stands) and Gio for his first point, and G-Russ for beating a Haas (albeit a 3 stopping problem laden Haas).


Last edited by BMWSauber84 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1946
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 3274
Location: UK
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Was it? In the same car Gasly finished 7th and a lap behind. Even Verstappen only managed to be 3rd fastest in qualifying. I find it a lazy, shallow argument to claim that a certain car was the fastest on any given weekend just because it won the race. Sometimes certain drivers just make the car look better than it really is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 10280
Location: Ireland
j man wrote:
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Was it? In the same car Gasly finished 7th and a lap behind. Even Verstappen only managed to be 3rd fastest in qualifying. I find it a lazy, shallow argument to claim that a certain car was the fastest on any given weekend just because it won the race. Sometimes certain drivers just make the car look better than it really is.

And it's a power circuit, where the Ferrari engine has a clear advantage over the Honda

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 563
I'd love to know who that one person is who thought Lewis Hamilton was driver of the day. I have a specsavers voucher for a free eye test somewhere on me.

Unfortunately we can't talk about Max's brilliance without also talking about Gasly's absolute failure to get in Verstappen's league. Nobody was expecting him to beat Max, but 6th place should be the absolute minimum and I think Ricciardo would have been on the podium or near it here in a red bull.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1946
mcdo wrote:
j man wrote:
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Was it? In the same car Gasly finished 7th and a lap behind. Even Verstappen only managed to be 3rd fastest in qualifying. I find it a lazy, shallow argument to claim that a certain car was the fastest on any given weekend just because it won the race. Sometimes certain drivers just make the car look better than it really is.

And it's a power circuit, where the Ferrari engine has a clear advantage over the Honda


I'm assuming you watched the race.

The power advantage that allowed Max on hards set the fastest lap vs Vettel on the softs or catching Leclerc and not being able to respond.

Max dropped behind his team mate and on the same strategy as everyone else still won race, if he had started second he would have won this comfortably.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 912
Max, of course. Rough as always but that drive was Schumacher-esque.
Didn't think he would still have a chance after the poor start.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Stratford
Some of the votes make my head hurt :x a vote a piece for Hamilton and Russell, four for Vettel. I don't understand.

Anyway I went for Verstappen for a brilliant drive, Leclerc would have been a worthy winner had he kept Verstappen behind at the end. Sainz excellent to finish 8th after starting at the back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Stratford
Also they should put the official driver of the day vote in the bin. Today it was won by the driver who was lapped three times and finished last. What's the point when that happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 6871
I voted Verstappen, Leclerc and Sainz with honorable mention to Norris.

Brilliant drive by Sainz to slowly work his way up into the points from the back. Norris, for me, was great to watch. He battled with both Lewis and Sebastian early on and just showed great fight throughout the race in his battles with Raikkonoen and Ricciardo. The experience Lando gained today was about 10 races-worth!

What more can be said about Max's performance. Okay he dropped the ball at the start but he charged back to the front and had his most spectacular performance thus far in F1. The kid is box office! and he actually lapped his teammate without the aid of some sort of incident.

Leclerc did not cross the line first but he was in control for most of the race and I think Ferrari should have given him the hurry up from before Max passed Vettel. If it took Max another 2-3 laps to catch Charles, he would have had a better chance of hanging onto the win. I also thought he did well to defend when Max caught him and he was pushed off there during the pass. I don't want to see a penalty but one may be coming.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2962
BMWSauber84 wrote:
I'd love to know who that one person is who thought Lewis Hamilton was driver of the day. I have a specsavers voucher for a free eye test somewhere on me.

Unfortunately we can't talk about Max's brilliance without also talking about Gasly's absolute failure to get in Verstappen's league. Nobody was expecting him to beat Max, but 6th place should be the absolute minimum and I think Ricciardo would have been on the podium or near it here in a red bull.


Maybe its the very person who demands who voted for Hamilton so they can start an argument?


(Or a fanboy)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 10280
Location: Ireland
Rockie wrote:
mcdo wrote:
j man wrote:
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Was it? In the same car Gasly finished 7th and a lap behind. Even Verstappen only managed to be 3rd fastest in qualifying. I find it a lazy, shallow argument to claim that a certain car was the fastest on any given weekend just because it won the race. Sometimes certain drivers just make the car look better than it really is.

And it's a power circuit, where the Ferrari engine has a clear advantage over the Honda


I'm assuming you watched the race.

The power advantage that allowed Max on hards set the fastest lap vs Vettel on the softs or catching Leclerc and not being able to respond.

Max dropped behind his team mate and on the same strategy as everyone else still won race, if he had started second he would have won this comfortably.

If you think having a Honda engine is any way more advantageous than having a Ferrari engine then I'm lost for words

Two things won the race for Max today: his tyre strategy and his driving ability. You're watching the early days of a future all-time legend

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 563
JN23 wrote:
Also they should put the official driver of the day vote in the bin. Today it was won by the driver who was lapped three times and finished last. What's the point when that happens.


I think Rio Haryanto won one of the earliest official dotd awards. But generally speaking the public has taken them seriously. If they are going to start getting hijacked by joke votes then it needs to be binned.

Another method is to limit the options.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1
JN23 wrote:
Some of the votes make my head hurt :x a vote a piece for Hamilton and Russell, four for Vettel. I don't understand.


Vettel started ninth and finished less than a second from a podium, even with a 6+ second pit stop. That's a top three performance in my book.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 10280
Location: Ireland
BMWSauber84 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Also they should put the official driver of the day vote in the bin. Today it was won by the driver who was lapped three times and finished last. What's the point when that happens.


I think Rio Haryanto won one of the earliest official dotd awards. But generally speaking the public has taken them seriously. If they are going to start getting hijacked by joke votes then it needs to be binned.

Another method is to limit the options.

And Verstappen won it the day he drove into the pits by mistake

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 6871
BMWSauber84 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Also they should put the official driver of the day vote in the bin. Today it was won by the driver who was lapped three times and finished last. What's the point when that happens.


I think Rio Haryanto won one of the earliest official dotd awards. But generally speaking the public has taken them seriously. If they are going to start getting hijacked by joke votes then it needs to be binned.

Another method is to limit the options.

Like many things, it has to be taken away from the masses simply because they have proven to be incapable of properly performing the task. Have people with some credibility vote on it and be done with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Stratford
sandman1347 wrote:
BMWSauber84 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Also they should put the official driver of the day vote in the bin. Today it was won by the driver who was lapped three times and finished last. What's the point when that happens.


I think Rio Haryanto won one of the earliest official dotd awards. But generally speaking the public has taken them seriously. If they are going to start getting hijacked by joke votes then it needs to be binned.

Another method is to limit the options.

Like many things, it has to be taken away from the masses simply because they have proven to be incapable of properly performing the task. Have people with some credibility vote on it and be done with it.


Yeah that would be my preference, give some of the F1 media the chance to decide or something.

Also if they are going to give a free public vote, does the winner have to be announced at the end of the race? Why not have three options (as BMWSauber84 suggsted) announced towards the end of the race and then have the vote close 30 minutes after the chequered flag. Some people's vote might be changed by a penultimate lap overtake such as today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Stratford
Chaz wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Some of the votes make my head hurt :x a vote a piece for Hamilton and Russell, four for Vettel. I don't understand.


Vettel started ninth and finished less than a second from a podium, even with a 6+ second pit stop. That's a top three performance in my book.


Yeah the Vettel comment was a bit harsh, although the Merc cars being poor and Hamilton needing a wing change helped him. Not in my top three but a good drive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 2030
JN23 wrote:
Chaz wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Some of the votes make my head hurt :x a vote a piece for Hamilton and Russell, four for Vettel. I don't understand.


Vettel started ninth and finished less than a second from a podium, even with a 6+ second pit stop. That's a top three performance in my book.


Yeah the Vettel comment was a bit harsh, although the Merc cars being poor and Hamilton needing a wing change helped him. Not in my top three but a good drive.



Well, Vettel deserved to beat Hamilton quite clearly to me. I can only blame Hamilton for what happened really. He went off track and over the rough kerbs countless times. He said to the team that his tyres were good. Continues to go wide, bounce and slide and then complained about the front wing. Sky were talking about it as if he had something fly into his front wing..... He was leading the race.... I think it just has to be the case that it was down to him damaging it himself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1946
mcdo wrote:
If you think having a Honda engine is any way more advantageous than having a Ferrari engine then I'm lost for words

Two things won the race for Max today: his tyre strategy and his driving ability. You're watching the early days of a future all-time legend


The engine made no difference in the race, especially on the hard tyre the Redbull was the race car to have.

I think you are forgetting the fact Max dropped to 8th or 9th and caught and passed Leclerc without a safety car, at no point in the race was Leclerc held up, or did he have a botched pitstop.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Stratford
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Chaz wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Some of the votes make my head hurt :x a vote a piece for Hamilton and Russell, four for Vettel. I don't understand.


Vettel started ninth and finished less than a second from a podium, even with a 6+ second pit stop. That's a top three performance in my book.


Yeah the Vettel comment was a bit harsh, although the Merc cars being poor and Hamilton needing a wing change helped him. Not in my top three but a good drive.



Well, Vettel deserved to beat Hamilton quite clearly to me. I can only blame Hamilton for what happened really. He went off track and over the rough kerbs countless times. He said to the team that his tyres were good. Continues to go wide, bounce and slide and then complained about the front wing. Sky were talking about it as if he had something fly into his front wing..... He was leading the race.... I think it just has to be the case that it was down to him damaging it himself.


I didn't say that the damage wasn't down to Hamilton, and I agree Vettel deserved to beat him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am
Posts: 2913
Massive drive from Verstappen after a poor start. I can understand that LeClerc may feel a little hard done by but that takes nothign away from Verstappen's drive.
Vettel did well out of a very poor weekend, nothing of which was his fault. Just a couple of laps shy of a podium. Mentions to both Macca drivers as well.

_________________
Where I'm going, I don't need roads


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 2286
Sainz, Norris, Leclerc

While I enjoyed Verstappen's drive, he made a mistake at the start. And he deliberately pushed Leclerc off-the-track; it was clear to see how he opened the steering mid-corner to push him out. F1 may allow bumper cars nowadays but that's not DOTD for me.

Oh, and:
- throw out Kubica immediately - he is an embarassment.
- replace Gasly - it can only get better ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7813
Location: Belgium
I voted Norris on the F1 site, and do so here to. Also voted Leclerc, and Ricciardo. Sainz was also worthy of a vote I feel, but Verstappen lost it on account of not being able to pass without running somebody off. His drive deserved every bit of praise up to that moment. Darn Max, grow up, will you?

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 16071
Verstappen put in one of the drives of the decade let alone the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 4203
Fiki wrote:
I voted Norris on the F1 site, and do so here to. Also voted Leclerc, and Ricciardo. Sainz was also worthy of a vote I feel, but Verstappen lost it on account of not being able to pass without running somebody off. His drive deserved every bit of praise up to that moment. Darn Max, grow up, will you?


As mentioned before, it was one of those petulant moves brought on by not making it fairly a lap earlier. Next time he, or other like minded drivers, will simply run someone off first time knowing it's allowed.

_________________
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. [Lord Acton]
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 16071
Asphalt_World wrote:
Fiki wrote:
I voted Norris on the F1 site, and do so here to. Also voted Leclerc, and Ricciardo. Sainz was also worthy of a vote I feel, but Verstappen lost it on account of not being able to pass without running somebody off. His drive deserved every bit of praise up to that moment. Darn Max, grow up, will you?


As mentioned before, it was one of those petulant moves brought on by not making it fairly a lap earlier. Next time he, or other like minded drivers, will simply run someone off first time knowing it's allowed.


Nothings changed. It's done almost every race without a penalty. Nobody's learnt anything knew.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Stratford
Fiki wrote:
I voted Norris on the F1 site, and do so here to. Also voted Leclerc, and Ricciardo. Sainz was also worthy of a vote I feel, but Verstappen lost it on account of not being able to pass without running somebody off. His drive deserved every bit of praise up to that moment. Darn Max, grow up, will you?


Why did you vote Ricciardo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 3274
Location: UK
mikeyg123 wrote:
Verstappen put in one of the drives of the decade let alone the day.

From lap 2 onwards, I'd agree. Let's not forget it was his own mistake that dropped him down to 7th to start with.

I'd still definitely call it drive of the day though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 7336
Location: Michigan, USA
Jezza13 wrote:
Leclerc, Verstappen & Norris.

While I think his pass on Leclerc was wrong & deserves a penalty, that was a mega driver from Verstappen. The kind of drive you see from the greats of the sport.

Leclerc deserved the win today. Almost faultless weekend. Another very impressive drive from Norris too.

Agreed, except that Sainz was more impressive for me than Norris.

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 15 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 16071
j man wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Verstappen put in one of the drives of the decade let alone the day.

From lap 2 onwards, I'd agree. Let's not forget it was his own mistake that dropped him down to 7th to start with.

I'd still definitely call it drive of the day though.


Sure but often the most heralded drives come through overcoming set backs or include errors. When Verstappen retires and we are treated to run downs of his greatest drives this will be among them. Especially seeing as his team mate could only battle in the midfield with the same equipment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1204
Location: Kansas
Max, Charles, Lando.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 32840
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Tell Gasly that.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place


Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 7336
Location: Michigan, USA
pokerman wrote:
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Tell Gasly that.

I'd tell Gasly to get out of F1, if I told him anything. He was embarrassing again, unable to pass the midfield cars that the real top drivers cut their way through with ease.

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 15 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 32840
JN23 wrote:
Also they should put the official driver of the day vote in the bin. Today it was won by the driver who was lapped three times and finished last. What's the point when that happens.

Well they believe he has an inferior car to Russell, Russell gets first dibs on new parts, plus with Russell being a Mercedes young driver they give him a special engine superior to that of Kubica, without all of this Kubica is still one of the best drivers on the grid.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place


Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group