planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:24 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

Driver(s) of the day for me is/are:
1. Lewis Hamilton 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2. Valtteri Bottas 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. Sebastian Vettel 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
4. Charles Leclerc 21%  21%  [ 32 ]
5. Pierre Gasly 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6. Max Verstappen 34%  34%  [ 52 ]
7. Sergio Perez 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8. Lance Stroll 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
9. Robert Kubica 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10. George Russell 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
11. Carlos Sainz 14%  14%  [ 21 ]
12. Lando Norris 19%  19%  [ 29 ]
13. Alexander Albon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
14. Daniil Kvyat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
15. Romain Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
16. Kevin Magnussen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
17. Nico Hulkenberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
18. Daniel Ricciardo 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
19. Kimi Raikkonen 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
20. Antonio Giovinazzi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 155
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 6871
pokerman wrote:
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Tell Gasly that.

I don't think Gasly's performance can be seen as a reliable barometer. For example, he was faster in Q2 than he was in Q3. Had he done the lap time that he did in Q2, Gasly would have qualified P5 and he would have started P4. That would have allowed him to avoid being stuck in traffic for most of the race (another weakness of Gasly's is his inability to overtake). He took about 30 laps to get by Raikkonen. Whenever you are lapped by your teammate, you are clearly nowhere near to getting the most out of the car.

The fact is that the Red Bull was the only car that allowed the driver to push hard the whole race without any overheating or tire issues. It was the car to have in the race although I think Ferrari got the strategy wrong. They were way too slow to react to Verstappen's charge. The fact that Charles didn't get the hurry-up until Verstappen was through on Vettel is what actually cost him the win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 32840
I voted for Verstappen, I don't approve of the overtake but man what a drive.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place


Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 am
Posts: 740
Location: Michigan, USA
Leclerc and Verstappen both had great races at the front, and Sainz did impressively well starting from where he did. Those three for me.

_________________
Image
Pick 10: 1 win, 8 podiums | 2016: 22nd | 2017: 21st | 2018: 3rd |
Top Three: 9 wins, 26 podiums | 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th] | 2018: 4th [4th] |


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 2222
Location: Miami, Florida
Leclerc, Norris, Sainz.

_________________
HAMILTON :: VERSTAPPEN :: LECLERC :: BOTTAS :: VETTEL :: SAINZ :: NORRIS
KVYAT :: RAIKKONEN :: RUSSEL :: ALBON :: RICCIARDO :: HULKENBURG :: PEREZ
STROLL :: MAGNUSSEN :: GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: GIOVANAZZI :: KUBICA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 10:54 am
Posts: 896
Location: Melbourne Australia
sandman1347 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Rockie wrote:
j man wrote:
Verstappen. In spite of some rather rude driving to take the lead it was a great performance. Sainz deserves a mention as well.

I don't see how people can vote for Leclerc. The Ferrari was the car to have this weekend and he fluffed it.


Actually the Redbull was the car to have this weekend, had max not gone into anti-stall at the start, he would have won this race a lot easier.

Tell Gasly that.

I don't think Gasly's performance can be seen as a reliable barometer. For example, he was faster in Q2 than he was in Q3. Had he done the lap time that he did in Q2, Gasly would have qualified P5 and he would have started P4. That would have allowed him to avoid being stuck in traffic for most of the race (another weakness of Gasly's is his inability to overtake). He took about 30 laps to get by Raikkonen. Whenever you are lapped by your teammate, you are clearly nowhere near to getting the most out of the car.

The fact is that the Red Bull was the only car that allowed the driver to push hard the whole race without any overheating or tire issues. It was the car to have in the race although I think Ferrari got the strategy wrong. They were way too slow to react to Verstappen's charge. The fact that Charles didn't get the hurry-up until Verstappen was through on Vettel is what actually cost him the win.


Max won the race 6 seconds slower than last years time.
And the fastest lap was 4 tenths slower than in 2018. (Most 2019 fastest laps have been significantly quicker than 2018, with Austria being the biggest gap of 2018 being quicker than 2019.

I agree with you, this race was limited by temperature and track conditions, of which Red Bull had the best package on the day.

I don’t expect Honda to win again in 2019.

On topic:
I voted for Sainz and Max.

_________________
Dan the man!



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 10280
Location: Ireland
Rockie wrote:
mcdo wrote:
If you think having a Honda engine is any way more advantageous than having a Ferrari engine then I'm lost for words

Two things won the race for Max today: his tyre strategy and his driving ability. You're watching the early days of a future all-time legend


The engine made no difference in the race, especially on the hard tyre the Redbull was the race car to have.

I think you are forgetting the fact Max dropped to 8th or 9th and caught and passed Leclerc without a safety car, at no point in the race was Leclerc held up, or did he have a botched pitstop.

I would argue that Max would have decimated the field if he had a Ferrari engine. The Honda is not capable of this:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14449 ... -straights

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 7715
I've chosen Sainz, Norris and Max. Although Max was very naughty and did mess his start, the drive itself was inspiring for about 67 laps. He dropped Bottas like a bad habit...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1946
mcdo wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mcdo wrote:
If you think having a Honda engine is any way more advantageous than having a Ferrari engine then I'm lost for words

Two things won the race for Max today: his tyre strategy and his driving ability. You're watching the early days of a future all-time legend


The engine made no difference in the race, especially on the hard tyre the Redbull was the race car to have.

I think you are forgetting the fact Max dropped to 8th or 9th and caught and passed Leclerc without a safety car, at no point in the race was Leclerc held up, or did he have a botched pitstop.

I would argue that Max would have decimated the field if he had a Ferrari engine. The Honda is not capable of this:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14449 ... -straights


He decimated the field without a Ferrari engine, wasn't so obvious because of his bad start, no one could use the hard tyre like the Redbull.

He set the fastest lap of the race with 2 laps to go.

How is this hard to comprehend?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 10280
Location: Ireland
Rockie wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mcdo wrote:
If you think having a Honda engine is any way more advantageous than having a Ferrari engine then I'm lost for words

Two things won the race for Max today: his tyre strategy and his driving ability. You're watching the early days of a future all-time legend


The engine made no difference in the race, especially on the hard tyre the Redbull was the race car to have.

I think you are forgetting the fact Max dropped to 8th or 9th and caught and passed Leclerc without a safety car, at no point in the race was Leclerc held up, or did he have a botched pitstop.

I would argue that Max would have decimated the field if he had a Ferrari engine. The Honda is not capable of this:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14449 ... -straights


He decimated the field without a Ferrari engine, wasn't so obvious because of his bad start, no one could use the hard tyre like the Redbull.

He set the fastest lap of the race with 2 laps to go.

How is this hard to comprehend?

You're saying the engine makes no difference. You're wrong. Better tyre performance or not - the engines in the cars are not the same. The Ferrari one is better. And it was a circuit mostly made up of straights

The tyre advantage didn't come from the Red Bull car, it was from Max's offset strategy. His hard tyres were 10 laps fresher than everyone else's. Add that to his ability to harangue that car around the Red Bull Ring and you've got your race winner

I absolutely believe the Ferrari in Leclerc's hands was the car to have this weekend

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 139
Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheGiantHogweed and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group